PDA

View Full Version : Lafayette at Stony Brook

Uncle Buck
September 24th, 2011, 05:49 PM
It's official, both of Stony Brook's QB's can't pass and the defense has kept this game from getting very very ugly, very very quick.

Bogus Megapardus
September 24th, 2011, 06:03 PM
Pards should be up 28-0 by this point. Backup QB Andy Shoop has big time jitters.

Uncle Buck
September 24th, 2011, 06:05 PM
I think the SBU defense has actually played pretty decent in the crunch more than a your QB is showing his nerves. Our QB's can't hit the broad side of a barn. Either way, this game is ugly and should be 28-0 pards

Uncle Buck
September 24th, 2011, 06:11 PM
Ok, bad decision to throw it there, maybe he is showing his nerves!

Go Lehigh TU owl
September 24th, 2011, 06:13 PM
Just turned on the game. SBU's RB has some wheels.

Uncle Buck
September 24th, 2011, 06:16 PM
Thanks, i shed a tear as i read that since they're both (#30 and #5) Hofstra orphans.

Uncle Buck
September 24th, 2011, 06:21 PM
It's criminal that SBU is tied with Lafayette right now. What an ugly half of football.

RichH2
September 24th, 2011, 06:23 PM
Tryin to read these posts on my phone nigh on impossible , Doesn't help my son is mocking my typing on this piece of cr@p. Good luck Pards. See you're up. Try scoring some TDs

Bogus Megapardus
September 24th, 2011, 06:24 PM
It's criminal that SBU is tied with Lafayette right now. What an ugly half of football.

Criminal is right. It's 6-6 at the half. Pards should be up 35-6 at this point. We're killing ourselves.

SleepySmurf
September 24th, 2011, 06:26 PM
Soooo lucky that SBU is even in the game, never mind tied. They don't deserve to be at all. Their QB's are awful!!

SleepySmurf
September 24th, 2011, 06:28 PM
1 for 10 passing with a pic. We have completed as many passes to Lafayette as to our own team.

Bogus Megapardus
September 24th, 2011, 06:29 PM
Quick halftime stats:

Lafayette 203 net yards (174 pass/26 run), 3/8 third down

Stony Brook 98 net yards (53 pass/63 run), 0/7 third down

Dane96
September 24th, 2011, 06:38 PM
How do you go into UTEP and play that well, and completely disappear for two straight weeks.

Bogus Megapardus
September 24th, 2011, 06:42 PM
Simple. Lafayette >>>> UTEP. Just use NEC rules.

Uncle Buck
September 24th, 2011, 06:43 PM
UTEP sucked, i mean they're line was terrible. On another note, the crowd looks pretty good at least on the home side.

Bogus Megapardus
September 24th, 2011, 06:45 PM
Great facility at SBU; great crowd.

Uncle Buck
September 24th, 2011, 06:46 PM
A run like that makes me miss Hofstra football even more. Good job Maysonet!

Uncle Buck
September 24th, 2011, 06:46 PM

I tell you what, the broadcast on ESPN 3 is Lafayette and really dynamite for a road game.

Go Lehigh TU owl
September 24th, 2011, 06:47 PM

I love the camera angle their using on the homeside. It makes the stadium appear 5x bigger than it is.

Uncle Buck
September 24th, 2011, 06:48 PM
It's a nice facility, the only con is when they play a day game, the home stands look into the sun and it can be blinding at times. But overall the video board and facilities were done right.

Go...gate
September 24th, 2011, 06:52 PM
That is a nice ballpark at Stony Brook.

Go Lehigh TU owl
September 24th, 2011, 06:53 PM
I actually yelled ohh crap on that one!

Dane96
September 24th, 2011, 06:57 PM
It's a nice facility, the only con is when they play a day game, the home stands look into the sun and it can be blinding at times. But overall the video board and facilities were done right.

Can't wait for UA's version. Just saw some more detail of it last week. Same style stadium, sans about 2,000 seats (basically the endzone at SBU...ours will be a hill for now where the players look like the will come down with fans on either side of them and a big *** Dane on the top of the hill.

SleepySmurf
September 24th, 2011, 06:57 PM
The more I think about the first half the more I don't think Lafayette deserved more than they got either. They tried everything, throwbacks, wheels, flea flickers etc and still weren't good enough to get it done.

Uncle Buck
September 24th, 2011, 06:59 PM
I've been up to Albany back when Hofstra played up there a bunch of years ago, if it still hasn't changed, then hell yes, you need a stadium. I may still have some splinters in my a$$ from those wooden stands!

Go Lehigh TU owl
September 24th, 2011, 06:59 PM
TD SBU!!

SleepySmurf
September 24th, 2011, 07:00 PM
This is looking more like the team that played UTEP. Why it is a sometimes thing - I have no idea.

Uncle Buck
September 24th, 2011, 07:00 PM
The more I think about the first half the more I don't think Lafayette deserved more than they got either. They tried everything, throwbacks, wheels, flea flickers etc and still weren't good enough to get it done.

I think our defense really didn't play terrible given the play of our offense, but Lafayette had their mistakes as well. Either way, we had no business being tied. At least now our running game is getting on track.

Dane96
September 24th, 2011, 07:02 PM
SBU starting to pull away.

Buck, we are waiting on the final approvals...and the President stated he expects ground breaking in Dec. PM me your e-mail...I will send you the latest pics I got last week from another fan.

On a side, note...holy fat chicks...wtf are they feeding girls at SBU?!

Uncle Buck
September 24th, 2011, 07:04 PM
I'll send the email and remember, big girls need love too!

Dane96
September 24th, 2011, 07:06 PM
Yah, there is BIG...and then there is KMART/Walmart big. No reason to show muffin top when you just ate a box of powdered donuts ;)

Go Lehigh TU owl
September 24th, 2011, 07:07 PM
What a ridiculous throw by Shoop!!

Uncle Buck
September 24th, 2011, 07:07 PM
Jesus, terrible pass coverage, make a play DB.

SleepySmurf
September 24th, 2011, 07:15 PM
God, SBU can't throw AT ALL!!

Uncle Buck
September 24th, 2011, 07:16 PM
Thank goodness Skiffington is on point.

Go Lehigh TU owl
September 24th, 2011, 07:18 PM
God, SBU can't throw AT ALL!!

I don't think the QB could have gotten rid of the ball any faster. It don't he wanted any part of that play.

Go Lehigh TU owl
September 24th, 2011, 07:19 PM
That was a cheap shot and a half by #45.

Uncle Buck
September 24th, 2011, 07:19 PM
Dumb penalty on SBU, this is what killed them against Brown. Dumb penalties that moved the ball for the other team.

Dane96
September 24th, 2011, 07:22 PM
Surprisingly undisciplined for this Coaching staff, huh.

Buck-- sent it...tell me your thoughts on e-mail. No need for UA talk on this thread.

Uncle Buck
September 24th, 2011, 07:23 PM
Yeah, this year's SBU team very undisciplined.

Uncle Buck
September 24th, 2011, 07:28 PM
Wow, that was an amazing pick and a really bad decision to throw when even 3pts helps.

Go Lehigh TU owl
September 24th, 2011, 07:28 PM
That looked like a good INT to me.

Go Lehigh TU owl
September 24th, 2011, 07:29 PM
Wow, that was an amazing pick and a really bad decision to throw when even 3pts helps.

I think he was just trying to get rid of the ball and lollygagged it. Lum did the same thing against Liberty today.

Uncle Buck
September 24th, 2011, 07:32 PM
I think he was just trying to get rid of the ball and lollygagged it. Lum did the same thing against Liberty today.

I watched a lot of that game on the web today as well while working around the house, really great game to watch.

Uncle Buck
September 24th, 2011, 07:36 PM
Is the lafayette o coordinator the old QB from Maine?

Go Lehigh TU owl
September 24th, 2011, 07:38 PM
Shoop is actually pretty good but has to run for his life way too much.

Uncle Buck
September 24th, 2011, 07:38 PM
That was just a jailbreak on the FG attempt, #99 for Lafayette just whiffed on both guys.

Bogus Megapardus
September 24th, 2011, 07:40 PM
On a side, note...holy fat chicks...wtf are they feeding girls at SBU?!

Spandex is a privilege, not a right.

Go Lehigh TU owl
September 24th, 2011, 07:41 PM
Well that should just about do it. Lafayette has some good players but they are extremely weak along the OL/DL.

Uncle Buck
September 24th, 2011, 07:42 PM
SBU scores to extend the lead, but i can't help but think if they ever had to rely on the passing game, their screwed. But damn i wish Maysonet and Jackolski still had a Hofstra team to play for!!!!

Bogus Megapardus
September 24th, 2011, 07:43 PM
Pards had plenty of opportunities early. We got out-muscled in the second half. They just wore us down. The game stats won't tell the story.

Uncle Buck
September 24th, 2011, 07:45 PM
No doubt, like i said, it was criminal that these teams were tied at the half. SBU was lucky they weren't forced to throw from behind.

Go Lehigh TU owl
September 24th, 2011, 07:45 PM
Ref is lucky he didn't get a torn up a knee on that one.

Uncle Buck
September 24th, 2011, 07:47 PM
Ref is lucky he didn't get a torn up a knee on that one.

Head on a swivel! Head on a swivel!

Uncle Buck
September 24th, 2011, 07:51 PM
Jesus Christ Andrew Nelson, whistle son! Whistle!

Go Lehigh TU owl
September 24th, 2011, 07:51 PM
Wow!! What a complete bonehead play by the SBU player! He might get worked over the next time he's at the bottom of the pile.

Uncle Buck
September 24th, 2011, 07:52 PM
I guess that's justice, Nelson smacks the QB for a personal foul and he comes back to throw a TD.

aceinthehole
September 24th, 2011, 07:56 PM

don't you mean PL rules - Penn is an Ivy contender when Lafayette wins but SBU is beating a "down" Lafayette team.

Uncle Buck
September 24th, 2011, 08:00 PM
Maysonet is just a friggin' athlete. Quick feet, good burst, strong...you can see why we were excited to get him at Hofstra dammit!!!

Go Lehigh TU owl
September 24th, 2011, 08:02 PM
#5 is putting on a show! I don't think ive seen a team that doesn't use the option run as much as SBU.

Uncle Buck
September 24th, 2011, 08:04 PM
Yeah, they grind it. But like i said, if they had to rely on the pass, ewe, that would not be good. Did i just type "ewe"? OK, take back my man card!

Go Lehigh TU owl
September 24th, 2011, 08:08 PM
Shoop is lucky. I don't see anyway he makes it through the entire year.

Uncle Buck
September 24th, 2011, 08:10 PM
Yeah, the way he got pulled down made me cringe. Could be a tough year if he has to run this much.

Uncle Buck
September 24th, 2011, 08:15 PM
I agree with announcers, why the hell is maysonet carrying the ball with under 2 minutes. Put the 3rd stringer in! Now Maysonet looks like he dinged his shoulder on a worthless play. Just dumb on Priore's part up by 17 and having one of your best players running dives into the line during garbage time.

Uncle Buck
September 24th, 2011, 08:23 PM
I gotta say it again before signing off, this Lafayette broadcast was outstanding, especially for them being on the road. Not homers, called a good game and really did a nice job.

danefan
September 24th, 2011, 08:34 PM
Holy shat! Was SBU really 1-13 for 38 yards passing??!?!?

Bogus Megapardus
September 24th, 2011, 08:50 PM
I gotta say it again before signing off, this Lafayette broadcast was outstanding, especially for them being on the road. Not homers, called a good game and really did a nice job.

We're spoiled - we get that broadcast for every game, and it's always on local television in Philly, too. Our crew was very complementary of the facilities and the pressbox. That's a really nice stadium, and it was just about full. Great atmosphere. Some of SBU's better-costumed fans got a good deal of air time, too.

Bogus Megapardus
September 24th, 2011, 08:52 PM
http://img24.imageshack.us/img24/9625/statscbt.jpg

Go Lehigh TU owl
September 24th, 2011, 09:05 PM
Turnovers are part of the story for sure but i think ultimately this game came down to Lafayette's struggles in the trenches.

Lafayette's skill players on offense are very good imo. Shoop is a solid QB but he can't get comfortable with the amount of pressure he faces.

Go...gate
September 24th, 2011, 09:08 PM

They are very good, game in and game out.

Bogus Megapardus
September 24th, 2011, 09:12 PM
Attendance was 8,278 (8,300 capacity). Twenty-Two people must have been stuck on the L.I.E.

ngineer
September 24th, 2011, 10:56 PM
Only caught the fourth quarter and was stunned when I turned it on. Of course, 5 turnovers will kill any team. Seems that LC has some skill, but the lines need to gear up, which is strange since I've always associated Lafayette's lines, especially their OL, as always one of their strengths.

Pard4Life
September 24th, 2011, 11:03 PM
OL was ok, not the best, but lots of pressure. Shoop made mistakes too. I've never seen a game where the score so easily could have been reversed. We blew chances to be up 28-3. SBU completed one pass!

crusader11
September 25th, 2011, 12:35 AM

Rep pts.

carney2
September 25th, 2011, 08:27 AM
Turnovers are part of the story for sure but i think ultimately this game came down to Lafayette's struggles in the trenches.

Lafayette's skill players on offense are very good imo. Shoop is a solid QB but he can't get comfortable with the amount of pressure he faces.

Anyone who thinks that Lafayette's line problems - on both sides of the ball - have been solved just is not paying attention. In all fairness though, let's wait until the Yale game and beyond to make this call. During that period they will be picking on people more their own size. (Please, don't take that last word literally. Substitute "talent" and you have the right idea.)

Franks Tanks
September 25th, 2011, 09:20 AM

Our lines aren't great, but much better than last year. They of course can play better, but they aren't the reason we lost the game. We had 2 or 3 turnovers in the red zone. Shoop overthrew 2 sure TD's passes. Shoop is growing up fast, but he could've easily threw for 100 more years and two more TD's if a handful of his passes were more accurate.

Pard4Life
September 25th, 2011, 09:41 AM
Not a QB expert but based on seeing a million snaps, it looked like Shoop's feet weren't set or positioned properly when making some of his throws. Also he miscommunicated a few times with the WRs.

Frank expressed his disgust with the schedule in the postgame TV interview. We truly do not have an easy game this year.

I am also glad we are not playing this team again... bunch of bums and transfers from JuCo that play dirty and make Lehigh look like a nunery. Even if we have scholarships I dont want to play them based on the transfer issue.

Too bad because it's a nice trip against a new team.

CFBfan
September 25th, 2011, 09:47 AM
Not a QB expert but based on seeing a million snaps, it looked like Shoop's feet weren't set or positioned properly when making some of his throws. Also he miscommunicated a few times with the WRs.

Frank expressed his disgust with the schedule in the postgame TV interview. We truly do not have an easy game this year.
I am also glad we are not playing this team again... bunch of bums and transfers from JuCo that play dirty and make Lehigh look like a nunery. Even if we have scholarships I dont want to play them based on the transfer issue.

Too bad because it's a nice trip against a new team.

seems to contradict his quotes going into game 2 against GTown where he publicly trashed them. And yes Bogie....NO tv coverage for that one

Bogus Megapardus
September 25th, 2011, 11:13 AM

From what I saw, he would overthrow if his feet weren't set when he was in the pocket. But when he rolled out and threw on the run, he seemed better.

It looked to me as if Shoop had the word "fundamentals" running on a tape loop in his brain the whole game. All of his handoffs looked so deliberate. Except for one reverse, he couldn't sell a fake to save his life. He tried SO hard to stay in the pocket, get planted, and get his mechanics just right.

All of this just seemed unnatural for the kid, IMHO. His natural abilities and instincts have to reach equilibrium in his head with what the coaches are telling him. I don't know how long that will take, but when it does, this kid could break Marko Glavic's single game passing record.

There's no doubt about the miscommunications. But that can be fixed.

oceandogs
September 25th, 2011, 03:55 PM
Stony Brook won't win many games this season if they don't figure out their passing game. Who would think we have a two year starter and all conference qb at the helm?