PDA

View Full Version : Chris Forcier's Record Day

PaladinFan
September 24th, 2011, 05:23 PM
Real coming out party today for Chris Forcier. Set six new SoCon and Furman records today in the Paladins' 62-21 victory over Presbyterian. Forcier was 12-16 for 226 yards.

Furman Records: Most touchdown passes (7), Most touchdowns (8), Consecutive Completions (20--dating back to the Coastal game).

SoCon Records: Most touchdown passes in a quarter (4), Most touchdown passes in one half (6), Most touchdown passes in one game (7)

His consecutive completions and touchdowns both were good for second all time in the SoCon. That was the most touchdowns scored by a single SoCon player since 1965. Hard to believe considering how many fine offensive players have been in the league. I find it almost equally as impressive that he threw seven touchdowns to six different receivers.

Really quite a day for the young man.

UNI Pike
September 24th, 2011, 05:30 PM
I thought this guy had been incarcerated / committed.

PaladinFan
September 24th, 2011, 05:33 PM

Just in the endzone.

youwouldno
September 24th, 2011, 05:51 PM

Maybe you're thinking of one of his brothers? Chris has never been in any kind of trouble that I'm aware of.

ElonPride
September 24th, 2011, 06:20 PM
What a day! One of your fans was trying to take away from Elon's win today because it was against El Cid.....but you got to give some props for this even though it was against Presby!!!!xthumbsupx

apaladin
September 24th, 2011, 08:14 PM
Maybe you're thinking of one of his brothers? Chris has never been in any kind of trouble that I'm aware of.

His brother Tate transferred from Michigan to Miami(Fl). I think this is his sit out year. Correct me if I am wrong. Great to see CF have a great day at Furman. It was pretty incredible, Furman had 48 at the half.

PaladinFan
September 24th, 2011, 08:36 PM
Offense kind of overlooks the defense. Starting every drive at mid field helps.

AppAlum2003
September 24th, 2011, 09:47 PM
Plus, his website is awesome... ly horrible.

http://www.qbforce.com

PaladinFan
September 24th, 2011, 10:01 PM
Plus, his website is awesome... ly horrible.

http://www.qbforce.com

I'm willing to overlook something his dad did that was borderline ridiculous (if you can call helping your kids land scholarships at Michigan and UCLA ridiculous) if he continues his current rate of completing over 75% of his passes, no interceptions, and 8 touchdowns.

fact is, he might well become the wild card in the SoCon this year.

AppAlum2003
September 24th, 2011, 10:12 PM
I'm willing to overlook something his dad did that was borderline ridiculous (if you can call helping your kids land scholarships at Michigan and UCLA ridiculous) if he continues his current rate of completing over 75% of his passes, no interceptions, and 8 touchdowns.

fact is, he might well become the wild card in the SoCon this year.

I'd like to do nothing but overlook it.

elcid83
September 24th, 2011, 10:12 PM
Real coming out party today for Chris Forcier. Set six new SoCon and Furman records today in the Paladins' 62-21 victory over Presbyterian. Forcier was 12-16 for 226 yards.

Furman Records: Most touchdown passes (7), Most touchdowns (8), Consecutive Completions (20--dating back to the Coastal game).

SoCon Records: Most touchdown passes in a quarter (4), Most touchdown passes in one half (6), Most touchdown passes in one game (7)

His consecutive completions and touchdowns both were good for second all time in the SoCon. That was the most touchdowns scored by a single SoCon player since 1965. Hard to believe considering how many fine offensive players have been in the league. I find it almost equally as impressive that he threw seven touchdowns to six different receivers.

Really quite a day for the young man.

Am I the only one here that thinks that Southern Conference records should only be involved if both teams on the field are members of the Southern Conference?

GlassOnion
September 24th, 2011, 10:14 PM
Wait... He was 12 of 16 yet he had 20 consecutive completions?

SCPALADIN
September 24th, 2011, 10:16 PM
Wait... He was 12 of 16 yet he had 20 consecutive completions?

Consecutive Completions (20--dating back to the Coastal game)

GlassOnion
September 24th, 2011, 10:18 PM
Consecutive Completions (20--dating back to the Coastal game)

K. Got it. I took that as it was the last time it was done.

Impressive day.

Reign of Terrier
September 24th, 2011, 10:21 PM
I'm with-holding judgment :P I can't wait for us to beat up on the Dins!

PaladinNation
September 24th, 2011, 10:39 PM
I'm with-holding judgment :P I can't wait for us to beat up on the Dins!

I've gotta feeling you'll get your wish… and be careful what you ask for.

Reign of Terrier
September 24th, 2011, 10:43 PM
I've gotta feeling you'll get your wish… and be careful what you ask for.

Funny, I didn't wish for anything and I didn't ask for anything ;)

PaladinNation
September 24th, 2011, 10:49 PM
Funny, I didn't wish for anything and I didn't ask for anything ;)

Hey Young T… I'm just responding to you saying you can't wait to see the T Dogs beat up the Paladins… I can't wait to see the T Dogs visit Paladin Stadium too.

All in fun… I think it's going to be a helluva game, don't expect the Dins to be a pushover.

Reign of Terrier
September 24th, 2011, 10:54 PM
Hey Young T… I'm just responding to you saying you can't wait to see the T Dogs beat up the Paladins… I can't wait to see the T Dogs visit Paladin Stadium too.

All in fun… I think it's going to be a helluva game, don't expect the Dins to be a pushover.
I don't, it just sucks that they played PC a lot better than Wofford did, I'm not going to pull any of the excuses, y'all played better. I can't wait for Furman either, it should be a great game, maybe Furman can stop us this year on offense (I doubt it). But honestly, I can't say I know how good Furman is.

FurmanWins!!
September 25th, 2011, 12:15 AM
All I can say is Wow Wow Wow, what an awesome game, Forcier looked like a stud today airing it out all over the place, great game! ;)

Skjellyfetti
September 25th, 2011, 12:16 AM
Dammmn. 226 yards passing. xeekx Video game numbers!!

PaladinFan
September 25th, 2011, 06:52 AM

The passing yards total isn't anything special (Furman rushed for nearly 300 yards). Go play a video game and see if you can throw 7 touchdowns on 12 completions.

Reign of Terrier
September 25th, 2011, 07:53 AM
So Furman had around 500 yards of O?

SideLine Shooter
September 25th, 2011, 07:55 AM
So Furman had around 500 yards of O?

Exactly, and against Top Notch competition too.

Reign of Terrier
September 25th, 2011, 07:58 AM
See, I have no right to knock Furman as they performed better on the scoreboard than my team did, but they've lost to Coastal and scored only 16 on the Citadel....Right now they're an unknown quantity and we'll know how good they are in a couple weeks when they play Samford and GSU

PaladinFan
September 25th, 2011, 08:43 AM
483 yards of offense.

We still don't know a lot about Furman. First game against Coastal was a road game, new coaching staff, new system, quarterback got hurt in the third quarter, etc. No excuses, but its not dispositive, IMO. The Citadel always plays Furman tough in Charleston, so I don't read a lot into that either. Similarly, Furman is a more talented team than Presbyterian, and should have won the game easily.

I just look at the improvement. Drastically better each week. Team looks like they used to. Physical, creates turnovers, runs the ball, etc. The one massive difference this season, is Bruce Fowler dials up pressure from everywhere. Bobby Lamb, as a philosophy, hated to bring pressure. He wanted you to dink and dunk him the whole way down the field and make mistakes. Fowler wants to put defenders in your face from the word go.

Reign of Terrier
September 25th, 2011, 08:52 AM
483 yards of offense.

We still don't know a lot about Furman. First game against Coastal was a road game, new coaching staff, new system, quarterback got hurt in the third quarter, etc. No excuses, but its not dispositive, IMO. The Citadel always plays Furman tough in Charleston, so I don't read a lot into that either. Similarly, Furman is a more talented team than Presbyterian, and should have won the game easily.

I just look at the improvement. Drastically better each week. Team looks like they used to. Physical, creates turnovers, runs the ball, etc. The one massive difference this season, is Bruce Fowler dials up pressure from everywhere. Bobby Lamb, as a philosophy, hated to bring pressure. He wanted you to dink and dunk him the whole way down the field and make mistakes. Fowler wants to put defenders in your face from the word go.

I'm hoping the Dins are at least 4-2 when we roll into Green Vegasxthumbsupx

OL FU
September 25th, 2011, 09:00 AM
But honestly, I can't say I know how good Furman is.

That's obvious since you picked PC to win:p:D

It was a great day for Chris, but it was a great day for the Paladins in general (except for penalties). Great catches, great take aways.

The news isn't whether we are good yet or back or whatever. The good news is for the first time in four years we looked like a Paladin offense is suppose to look. We ran effectively and passed the ball DOWNFIELD. The defense has played much more aggressively this entire year that any I can remember since 2004.

Whether it will translate into more than I expect this year I have no clue. But I do know that I like the direction its going.

OL FU
September 25th, 2011, 09:03 AM

Isn't there an FBS conference out there you can't get in:p

PaladinNation
September 25th, 2011, 09:25 AM
I hope we will see a video recap of Chris's touchdowns… some interesting things about Chris's performance. Six different receivers caught touchdown passes, and they were some beautiful catches. Also, Chris had another big touchdown run called back on a block in the back call.

I think we can safely safe Chris can make Furman competitive this season, he's a talent, but he's still an unknown. The interesting thing here is the more the coaches take the gloves off, the more confidence he gets and the better he performs. No doubt more teams will do what PC did stack the line to take away the run, I've gotta feeling Furman's success will rest on this large group of Furman receivers matching up in one on one situations.

FurmanWins!!
September 25th, 2011, 03:33 PM
I hope we will see a video recap of Chris's touchdowns… some interesting things about Chris's performance. Six different receivers caught touchdown passes, and they were some beautiful catches. Also, Chris had another big touchdown run called back on a block in the back call.

I think we can safely safe Chris can make Furman competitive this season, he's a talent, but he's still an unknown. The interesting thing here is the more the coaches take the gloves off, the more confidence he gets and the better he performs. No doubt more teams will do what PC did stack the line to take away the run, I've gotta feeling Furman's success will rest on this large group of Furman receivers matching up in one on one situations.

Agree.

PaladinFan
September 26th, 2011, 07:32 AM
Ask and ye shall receive. http://furmanpaladins.com/video/index

AppAlum2003
September 26th, 2011, 07:38 AM
Did Forcier play the entire game? If so... why? Seems like stats-padding against a bad team.

LarryBoy
September 26th, 2011, 07:43 AM
No. Chris threw a couple of passes (including 1 TD) in the 3rd, and then Dakota Derrick took it the rest of the way. A LOT of straight-up hand-offs in the second half.

AppAlum2003
September 26th, 2011, 07:47 AM
Gotcha, thanks. Good day by the entire Furman offense, it sounds like.

LarryBoy
September 26th, 2011, 07:51 AM
Just looked at game stats, didn't realize how lopsided the play-calling ended up being... 17 pass attempts (232 yards) vs. 52 carries (251 yards). Obviously would have thrown it more in the second half under different circumstances, but still, I'll take that any day.

PaladinFan
September 26th, 2011, 07:59 AM
Just looked at game stats, didn't realize how lopsided the play-calling ended up being... 17 pass attempts (232 yards) vs. 52 carries (251 yards). Obviously would have thrown it more in the second half under different circumstances, but still, I'll take that any day.

That's my kind of football game.

FurmanWins!!
September 26th, 2011, 08:25 AM
Chris Forcier:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UrXDv1x6avw

PaladinFan
September 26th, 2011, 10:43 AM
Named SoCon offensive player of the week.

His stat line through three games: completed 35-of-46 passes (76.1 percent) for 434 yards and eight touchdowns. He sports a passing efficiency rating of 212.73

Not throwing for a ton of yards, but when he throws it, it finds a Furman receiver's hands. Not much more you can ask for.

FurmanWins!!
September 26th, 2011, 02:14 PM
Sports Network Recognizes Paladin Quarterback Chris Forcier FCS National Offensive Player of the Week

GREENVILLE, S.C. -- The Sports Network has added to Furman quarterback Chris Forcier's growing awards tally by recognizing the Paladin senior as its Fathead/com FCS National Offensive Player of the Week, it was announced this afternoon.

Earlier on Monday Forcier (fore-see-A) was named Southern Conference Offensive Player of the Week and national Football Championship Subdivision (FCS) National Offensive Performer of the Week by the College Football Performance Awards.

Forcier's tabs follow a record breaking performance in Furman's 62-21 victory over Presbyterian on Saturday, which saw him complete 12-of-16 passes for 226 yards and a Furman and SoCon record seven touchdown passes. He also registered 11 rushes for 58 yards and a score, giving him 284 yards in total offense and eight touchdown responsibilities, which also represented new school and league standards.

The Paladin signal caller scored on a 13-yard touchdown run two minutes into the game and followed it up reeling off touchdown strikes covering 13, 39, 6, 20, 64, 10, and 20 yards, including four in the second quarter. The San Diego, Calif., native wrapped up his stellar outing a third quarter scoring toss. In all he set eight new Furman and SoCon records.

Forcier completed his first nine pass attempts against PC to establish a new Furman record for most consecutive completions (20) that began in the Paladins' season opening game against Coastal Carolina and continued with a 9-for-9 performance in a 16-6 victory over The Citadel on Sept. 10.

In three starts this year he has completed 35-of-46 passes (76.1 percent) for 434 yards and eight touchdowns. He sports a passing efficiency rating of 212.73, the best mark in FCS.

A year ago the 6-foot-3, 215-pound Forcier sustained a season ending shoulder injury in the Paladins' second game, a 38-19 loss to then 13th-ranked South Carolina. He transferred to Furman from UCLA in the summer of 2009.

Furman (2-1, 1-0 SoCon) plays at Western Carolina this Saturday in a 6:00 p.m. game.

AppAlum2003
September 26th, 2011, 02:20 PM
Sports Network Recognizes Paladin Quarterback Chris Forcier FCS National Offensive Player of the Week

GREENVILLE, S.C. -- The Sports Network has added to Furman quarterback Chris Forcier's growing awards tally by recognizing the Paladin senior as its Fathead/com FCS National Offensive Player of the Week, it was announced this afternoon.

Earlier on Monday Forcier (fore-see-A) was named Southern Conference Offensive Player of the Week and national Football Championship Subdivision (FCS) National Offensive Performer of the Week by the College Football Performance Awards.

Forcier's tabs follow a record breaking performance in Furman's 62-21 victory over Presbyterian on Saturday, which saw him complete 12-of-16 passes for 226 yards and a Furman and SoCon record seven touchdown passes. He also registered 11 rushes for 58 yards and a score, giving him 284 yards in total offense and eight touchdown responsibilities, which also represented new school and league standards.

The Paladin signal caller scored on a 13-yard touchdown run two minutes into the game and followed it up reeling off touchdown strikes covering 13, 39, 6, 20, 64, 10, and 20 yards, including four in the second quarter. The San Diego, Calif., native wrapped up his stellar outing a third quarter scoring toss. In all he set eight new Furman and SoCon records.

Forcier completed his first nine pass attempts against PC to establish a new Furman record for most consecutive completions (20) that began in the Paladins' season opening game against Coastal Carolina and continued with a 9-for-9 performance in a 16-6 victory over The Citadel on Sept. 10.

In three starts this year he has completed 35-of-46 passes (76.1 percent) for 434 yards and eight touchdowns. He sports a passing efficiency rating of 212.73, the best mark in FCS.

A year ago the 6-foot-3, 215-pound Forcier sustained a season ending shoulder injury in the Paladins' second game, a 38-19 loss to then 13th-ranked South Carolina. He transferred to Furman from UCLA in the summer of 2009.

Furman (2-1, 1-0 SoCon) plays at Western Carolina this Saturday in a 6:00 p.m. game.

DeAndre Presley was robbed!

:)

FurmanWins!!
September 26th, 2011, 02:24 PM
Haha ;)

It is pretty cool to see how many talented Senior QB's are in the SoCon this season, 6 teams start quality Senior QB's.

blueballs
September 26th, 2011, 02:26 PM
That was a helluva day for Forcier and the Purps... if they have their defensive front issues (I thought they wore down last year late in games) fixed they could be pretty darned good.

PaladinFan
September 26th, 2011, 02:37 PM
That was a helluva day for Forcier and the Purps... if they have their defensive front issues (I thought they wore down last year late in games) fixed they could be pretty darned good.

Potentially. Line looked poor against Coastal, but really played well against the Citadel and Presbyterian. Plenty of folks noted that the key to Furman's season would be on the defensive line. There's not a ton of depth there, but if they can free up the linebackers like they did Saturday, we'll be alright.

Again, I'm not reading too much into Saturday's game. Yes, it was a great individual performance, but there's still a lot of work to be done.

OL FU
September 26th, 2011, 02:48 PM

The main reason they wore down in the last part of games last year was because the offense couldn't get a first down.

alvinkayak6
September 26th, 2011, 02:53 PM
Chris Forcier is College Football Performance Awards (CFPA) National Performer of the Week.

http://www.furmanpaladins.com/sports/m-footbl/2011-12/releases/20110926evoze3

GREENVILLE, S.C. -- Furman quarterback Chris Forcier (fore-see-A), who earlier today was named Southern Conference Offensive Player of the Week, has been tabbed FCS National Offensive Performer of the Week by the College Football Performance Awards, it has been announced.

Forcier's national tab follows a record breaking performance in Furman's 62-21 victory over Presbyterian on Saturday, which saw him complete 12-of-16 passes for 226 yards and a Furman and SoCon record seven touchdown passes. He also registered 11 rushes for 58 yards and a score, giving him 284 yards in total offense and eight touchdown responsibilities, which also represents new school and league standards.

POST-GAME INTERVIEWS

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UrXDv1x6avw&feature=player_embedded

apaladin
September 26th, 2011, 02:57 PM
One of the biggest differences this year is the defensive pressure which under BL was almost non-existent. In the past on third and long FU would sit back and give the QB time to eventually find an open receiver. So far this year they are making the QB get rid of the ball quickly. We'll see if the improvement continues against better competition this week. Yes WCU is much better than PC.

FurmanWins!!
September 26th, 2011, 08:18 PM
Yeah we lost a ton of extremely close games last year due to those reasons, GSU, Elon, Chatty, maybe we have what it takes to be a playoff team this season if we have corrected enough things to pull out those close ones, for now beat Western!!!

FurmanWins!!
September 26th, 2011, 08:19 PM
2011 FCS Passing Leaders:

http://content.usatoday.com/sportsdata/football/fcs/stats/passing

alvinkayak6
September 26th, 2011, 09:23 PM
Furmanwins, FYI /// that's "passing efficiency" .......

Don't you think the stats for the season are a little skewed by this week? He has been great only this game. 9 for 9 passing in the previous game, but that was only 9 attempts obviously.

FYI Part 2 ... you can find the NCAA's official stats by googling "NCAA football stats" it is the first result. There are a lot of position errors for RB's, WR'S, TE's, and other positions, but is a good resource to use for quick looks.

CFBStats.com is good becausei t has sortable columns, but FYI -- there are actual stat errors from time to time.

I would recommend NCAA official stats above else...unless going to the school or conference itself.

FurmanWins!!
September 26th, 2011, 09:44 PM
Correct that is passing efficiency leaders.

He has been solid all 3 games running and throwing when called upon, I am as pumped as ever, Beat Western!!!