PDA

View Full Version : Wagner improving non-conf schedule and recruiting

aceinthehole
September 23rd, 2011, 09:01 PM
Great news out of Staten Island, as it looks Wagner is upgrading their schedule and recruiting.

Wagner’s 2011 schedule also includes both Cornell and Georgetown for the second straight season. They beat both teams a year ago.

Hameline, who doubles as athletic director, said Delaware (like Richmond a member of the powerful Colonial Athletic Association) is on the tentative 2013 schedule and a game against Holy Cross is being finalized. He said Wagner has been in early negotiations to play at Ball State next season. Ball State first-year head coach Peter Lembo is a Monsignor Farrell HS product who launched his Mid-American Conference career with last weekend’s 27-20 upset at Indiana University.
Wagner’s football recruiting profile has been rising along with its NEC competition.

Freshman running back Otis Wright, for example, originally had agreed to play at Texas Tech despite early interest from schools like Wagner. He eventually opted to attend Wagner and is listed as the No. 2 running back behind junior Dominique Williams.

Junior starting cornerback Torian Phillips is a Syracuse University transfer who played at Port Richmond HS.

Those are just two players the Seahawks probably wouldn’t have secured prior to their scholarship days.
http://www.silive.com/colleges/index.ssf/2011/09/wagner_among_nec_schools_tryin.html

Pard4Life
September 23rd, 2011, 09:34 PM
Wagner is on Lafayette's 2014 schedule.

Bogus Megapardus
September 23rd, 2011, 09:46 PM
Wagner is on Lafayette's 2014 schedule.

And here I though Wagner was upgrading. xscanx

DetroitFlyer
September 24th, 2011, 09:07 AM
Some day Wagner and Dayton need to play again. That Division III championship loss needs to be avenged....

yorkcountyUNHfan
September 24th, 2011, 09:12 AM
Will Wagner have enough schollies to be a counter for Ball State?

danefan
September 24th, 2011, 09:28 AM

No.

Seawolf97
September 24th, 2011, 09:53 AM
So when we do we see the Seahawks on Long Island again? Home and away maybe ? The view from Wagners field overlooking downtown Manhattan and the harbor is really scenic -great venue for football.

Sader87
September 24th, 2011, 09:59 AM
I just threw up in my mouth.....

alvinkayak6
September 24th, 2011, 10:14 AM
Wagner, enjoy college football saturday. Might I suggest joining the Southern Conference? It makes about as much sense as Appalachian State leaving.

aceinthehole
September 24th, 2011, 10:58 AM

What's wrong Sader? Would losses to CCSU and/or Wagner destroy your football program? Your arrogance is laughable.

Don't worry, HC will be in good company - more than a few well-known and respected programs have lost to NEC teams - Delaware, Maine, Villanova, Hofstra, Georgia Southern, Colgate, Lehigh, Fordham, Columbia, Yale, Cornell, Dartmouth, Liberty :)

Sader87
September 24th, 2011, 11:08 AM
if Holy Cross starts scheduling two or three (or more) NEC schools regularly, the school will ultimately drop football due to irrelevance, low attendence, cost etc.....guaranteed.

Bogus Megapardus
September 24th, 2011, 11:23 AM

Darn. Miss the porcelain again, Sader? Ya gotta aim, pal.

aceinthehole
September 24th, 2011, 11:24 AM
if Holy Cross starts scheduling two or three (or more) NEC schools regularly, the school will ultimately drop football due to irrelevance, low attendence, cost etc.....guaranteed.

Why? Lehigh, Lafayette, Colgate, Fordham and other PL teams have no quams about scheduling NEC teams. It isn't hurting their attendance, etc.

NEC opponents doesn't seem to hurt programs like JMU, Delaware, UMass, UNH, Montana, NDSU, Liberty, Youngstown State, etc.

The problems Holy Cross faces are their own. NEC football programs are not irrelevant, although HC's program suffers from apathy from their own fan base.

Sader87
September 24th, 2011, 11:35 AM
Why? Lehigh, Lafayette, Colgate, Fordham and other PL teams have no quams about scheduling NEC teams. It isn't hurting their attendance, etc.

NEC opponents doesn't seem to hurt programs like JMU, Delaware, UMass, UNH, Montana, NDSU, Liberty, Youngstown State, etc.

The problems Holy Cross faces are their own. NEC football programs are not irrelevant, although HC's program suffers from apathy from their own fan base.

I wonder why????? Hint: check our schedules over the last 25 years.

Dane96
September 24th, 2011, 11:54 AM

Maybe you should think about therapy...or just accept the fact that FBS football is long gone....

aceinthehole
September 24th, 2011, 11:59 AM

No, but I'd assume Ball State won't be in a position for a bowl game, so it is a moot point.

I would love to see NEC teams get FBS games vs. MAC and/or Sun Belt opponents. The "bowl counter" status is not as important for these opponents.

Sader87
September 24th, 2011, 12:04 PM
Maybe you should think about therapy...or just accept the fact that FBS football is long gone....

Or legitimate FCS football...despite the best efforts of Coach Gilmore and his players..

dgreco
September 24th, 2011, 12:09 PM
What is legitimate FCS football?

Sader87
September 24th, 2011, 12:31 PM
What is legitimate FCS football?

Full, 63, scholarship football.

Dane96
September 24th, 2011, 01:28 PM
Or legitimate FCS football...despite the best efforts of Coach Gilmore and his players..

And what's your point? Your administration made a decision nearly 30 years ago. If they wanted something more your team it would stand up and vote for scholarships! If Holy Cross stood up and said yes to scholarships...the PL would be on it.

That said, your constant degradation of the NEC is a ****ing joke...take out your energy elsewhere.

401ks
September 24th, 2011, 02:43 PM
http://riverdaughter.files.wordpress.com/2008/11/258troll_spray.jpg

Seahawks Fan
September 24th, 2011, 03:10 PM
Sader87 reminds me of Alexale.