PDA

View Full Version : Spiders and 49ers in 2016 and 2017

bostonspider
September 23rd, 2011, 08:26 AM
Richmond and Charlotte recently agreed to a two game home and home contract starting in Richmond in 2016, with the return game in Charlotte in 2017. Nice to see these two A10 foes agreeing to mix it up on the gridiron.

http://www.charlotte49ers.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=23200&ATCLID=205276135

phoenixphanatic21
September 23rd, 2011, 09:46 AM
Am I the only one that would love to see a home and home with Charlotte and Elon?

Think this'll be a good series. Happy to see Richmond and UNCC playing.

jcmanson
September 23rd, 2011, 09:52 AM
Add me to the list hoping LU & Charlotte can play

GaSouthern
September 23rd, 2011, 11:11 AM
Wow, good job Richmond getting a home and home with an SEC team this early!!!!

AppAlum2003
September 23rd, 2011, 12:08 PM
Ugh... I just don't get all of the excitement about "yeah, I'd love to have a rivalry with UNC-C!!!! OMGZ!!!!!"

They'll be awful for a few seasons and then move to whatever the newest FBS mid-major East Coast conference is because they have "money" and a "huge urban environment with 8,000,000 undergrads." Personally I could care less if ASU ever plays them.

VBR_Productions
September 23rd, 2011, 12:14 PM
To Charlotte fans, who do you consider your A-10 rivals in sports? Who do you expect to be your football rivals over time?

ur2k
September 23rd, 2011, 12:31 PM
To Charlotte fans, who do you consider your A-10 rivals in sports? Who do you expect to be your football rivals over time?

They might have a rivalry with Richmond since we are the closest to them in the a10 but we keep beating them in basketball. I think we have won 7 of the last 8 xsmileyclapx

SoCon48
September 23rd, 2011, 12:32 PM
Wow, good job Richmond getting a home and home with an SEC team this early!!!!

<snicker>

SoCon48
September 23rd, 2011, 12:33 PM
Am I the only one that would love to see a home and home with Charlotte and Elon?

Yes, as far as I know, you are the only one.

SoCon48
September 23rd, 2011, 12:34 PM

Pfeiffer. Oh wait, they don't have a football team either.

Apphole
September 23rd, 2011, 01:29 PM
It makes sence that UR and Elon fans would want a home and home with UNCC. You can call it "the battle of the tiny stadiums" or the "is it basketball (baseball for Elon) season yet? Bowl." All I know is that there is no way that App State will ever play a game in Concord, NC. Now if the 49ers want to come up to the Rock for an arse whoopin', we might work something out. We play at enough thimble stadiums in conference. Not too much longer though...

bostonspider
September 23rd, 2011, 02:16 PM
It is comments like the one above that make me happy to see ASU moving out of the FCS. Anytime a school thinks they are too good for the level they are playing, I am happy to tell them not to "let the door hit you where the lord split you!"

91Niner
September 23rd, 2011, 02:34 PM
It makes sence that UR and Elon fans would want a home and home with UNCC. You can call it "the battle of the tiny stadiums" or the "is it basketball (baseball for Elon) season yet? Bowl." All I know is that there is no way that App State will ever play a game in Concord, NC. Now if the 49ers want to come up to the Rock for an arse whoopin', we might work something out. We play at enough thimble stadiums in conference. Not too much longer though...

Such a liar!.......UNC Charlotte is inside the Charlotte city limits and has been for decades and for our "tiny" stadium, the last time I checked KBS only actually SEATS 21,000+ with your recent additions (after what ~50 years of football). That would be a grand total of ~6,000 more than our stadium will start out at and we are building the stadium ready to increase capacity to as much as 60,000. In fact, the concourses are being built in such a manner even initially to hold several thousand temporary bleachers as well. Actually, we could add enough temporary seating to come very close to KBS' maximum capacity. Yes, that is SUCH a "tiny" stadium as compared to the GIANT KBS........lol

GaSouthern
September 23rd, 2011, 02:55 PM
That would be a grand total of ~6,000 more than our stadium

So after all of that you agree with him that your stadium is smaller?

49RFootballNow
September 23rd, 2011, 03:15 PM
So after all of that you agree with him that your stadium is smaller?

I agree, our stadium is smaller; but much better designed.

Tell your AD to give Judy a call

Add me to the list hoping LU & Charlotte can play

Same as above.

Ideally we'd want UMass or Temple to develop into rivals, as they are similar profile larger public U's. Richmond would make a good regional rival, but honestly nothing on the rivalry front has jelled for us in the A10. Honestly, we miss Memphis, Louisville and Cincinnati; those games were always big for us. We've developed a weird animosity with Geo. Washington, mostly because of close and controversial games and GW's obnoxious student section, but its no were near a rivalry for us.

They might have a rivalry with Richmond since we are the closest to them in the a10 but we keep beating them in basketball. I think we have won 7 of the last 8 xsmileyclapx

Bobby had trouble coaching against the Spiders (and several other A10 squads). Our guys always got up for him for X or Temple, but not so much for other A10 games. I don't think Major will have the same in-conference coaching lapses as Lutz did.

Apphole
September 23rd, 2011, 03:18 PM
30 thousand people 49. And you don't need seats when no one is sitting anyway. Come by for a game sometime, just don't bring any fire marshals

49RFootballNow
September 23rd, 2011, 03:28 PM
30 thousand people 49. And you don't need seats when no one is sitting anyway. Come by for a game sometime, just don't bring any fire marshals

Would love to stop by for a game after 2016. Just as soon as Cobb signs a home and home with Judy.

Apphole
September 23rd, 2011, 03:30 PM
And if you can't see the Bank of America building from the campus, it's not very close. I'm sorry.

Apphole
September 23rd, 2011, 03:32 PM
Would love to stop by for a game after 2016. Just as soon as Cobb signs a home and home with Judy.

Not until you're FBS

49RFootballNow
September 23rd, 2011, 03:33 PM
Not until you're FBS

That will be sooner than you think. xthumbsupx

And if you can't see the Bank of America building from the campus, it's not very close. I'm sorry.

You Appys need to make up your minds. Either UNC Charlotte is in the crime ridden slums of urban depravity known as the City of Charlotte, or we're way out in Concord no where near the city. Pick one theory and stick to it.

Reign of Terrier
September 23rd, 2011, 03:35 PM
Such a liar!.......UNC Charlotte is inside the Charlotte city limits and has been for decades and for our "tiny" stadium, the last time I checked KBS only actually SEATS 21,000+ with your recent additions (after what ~50 years of football). That would be a grand total of ~6,000 more than our stadium will start out at and we are building the stadium ready to increase capacity to as much as 60,000. In fact, the concourses are being built in such a manner even initially to hold several thousand temporary bleachers as well. Actually, we could add enough temporary seating to come very close to KBS' maximum capacity. Yes, that is SUCH a "tiny" stadium as compared to the GIANT KBS........lol

30,000. Now let's do math. If 21,000 was ~6,000 more than your stadium, I will assume that your stadium seats 15,000. therefore KBS is 2x the size of your stadium capacity wise and thus they can call it tiny.

Saint3333
September 23rd, 2011, 03:36 PM
Cobb has already reached out to Judy, she declined his offer.

apaladin
September 23rd, 2011, 03:36 PM
BTW, Isn't everything in NC "inside the city limits" of Charlotte? I remember leaving Raleigh one time and after driving 20 mins I saw a Charlotte City Limit sign. Just sayin'

49RFootballNow
September 23rd, 2011, 03:38 PM
Cobb has already reached out to Judy, she declined his offer.

Cobb only wanted to play us before we had a senior class on the squad, thus my comment about after 2016. We also don't know the details around whether App wanted a home and home or a 1 and done in Boone. I'm sure it will happen eventually though.

BTW, Isn't everything in NC "inside the city limits" of Charlotte? I remember leaving Raleigh one time and after driving 20 mins I saw a Charlotte City Limit sign. Just sayin'

You had a better trip than I've ever had between those two cities then. Only thing more desolate than the I-85 stretch between Greensboro and Durham is the twice as long stretch of it east of Raleigh to the VA line.

Apphole
September 23rd, 2011, 03:39 PM
That will be sooner than you think. xthumbsupx

You Appys need to make up your minds. Either UNC Charlotte is in the crime ridden slums of urban depravity known as the City of Charlotte, or we're way out in Concord no where near the city. Pick one theory and stick to it.

I choose the later and have never mentioned the former.

91Niner
September 23rd, 2011, 09:46 PM
30,000. Now let's do math. If 21,000 was ~6,000 more than your stadium, I will assume that your stadium seats 15,000. therefore KBS is 2x the size of your stadium capacity wise and thus they can call it tiny.

Hey genius.....I said "seats" (we'll have 15,300 "Seats".....KBS has 21,000 "seats") and if you're counting the number of people they can let in without a seat (your "30,000") then I promise you our stadium will be able to handle 20,000+ as we're building huge concourses around 3/4 of the stadium.

In any case, the argument was how ridiculous it is for Apphole to claim our stadium is "tiny". It will have 75% as much permanent seating from day 1 as the great Ap's stadium has after a 50 year football head start.....Wow......

BigHouseClosedEnd
September 23rd, 2011, 10:04 PM
It is comments like the one above that make me happy to see ASU moving out of the FCS. Anytime a school thinks they are too good for the level they are playing, I am happy to tell them not to "let the door hit you where the lord split you!"

I agree. I just hope we can pay them back for the 2009 playoff game before they go.

Reign of Terrier
September 23rd, 2011, 10:27 PM
Hey genius.....I said "seats" (we'll have 15,300 "Seats".....KBS has 21,000 "seats") and if you're counting the number of people they can let in without a seat (your "30,000") then I promise you our stadium will be able to handle 20,000+ as we're building huge concourses around 3/4 of the stadium.

In any case, the argument was how ridiculous it is for Apphole to claim our stadium is "tiny". It will have 75% as much permanent seating from day 1 as the great Ap's stadium has after a 50 year football head start.....Wow......

One of your Quarterbacks DeEdward Burris Sucks

Saint3333
September 24th, 2011, 07:58 AM
Cobb only wanted to play us before we had a senior class on the squad, thus my comment about after 2016. We also don't know the details around whether App wanted a home and home or a 1 and done in Boone. I'm sure it will happen eventually though.

You had a better trip than I've ever had between those two cities then. Only thing more desolate than the I-85 stretch between Greensboro and Durham is the twice as long stretch of it east of Raleigh to the VA line.

You act as though ASU didn't try and schedule a game. ASU shouldn't be scheduling games past 2014 right now.