PDA

View Full Version : Big Sky Predictions 9-24

JALMOND
September 21st, 2011, 11:24 PM
After going perfect last week, it upped my record so far this year to 18-4. This week, I am hoping for perfection once again, but it will be difficult. The fact that the road team in games with conference teams have only won twice is hindered a bit this week as most of the favorites are on the road. No doubt there will be upsets but where and who? Here are this week's Big Sky predictions. Of course all are my opinion. Note: Texas Christian is more commonly known by their moniker, TCU. However, in sticking with my setup of distinguishing Big Sky teams from non conference opponents, Texas Christian will be referred as Texas Christian.

ISU at NAU---The Bengals raised some eyebrows with their big win last week over Northern Colorado. The Lumberjacks also showed some guts in almost pulling out a win at Portland State. This week, it is the Bengals on the road and the Lumberjacks at home. Can the Bengals steamer continue to move on or do the Lumberjacks get the home win...NAU 38, ISU 30.

UM at Sac State---The Grizzlies took care of the defending champs, Eastern Washington last week while the Hornets looked awful at Weber State. A change of venue may be just what the Hornets need to right what was looking like a very promising season. The Grizzlies are looking to just continue to roll...UM 24, Sac State 17.

MSU at EWU---The Bobcats are the last conference team to start conference play and they have to go to the Inferno and meet the Eagles. The defending champs have their own problems after dropping their game last week at Montana, going to 0-3 on this young season. Hard to talk about a must win in September but that is exactly what the Eagles are looking at...EWU 21, MSU 17.

PSU at Texas Christian---The Vikings are the only Big Sky team left without a loss and they move up a level to play the FBS Texas Christian team. If they were to escape with a win and keep their unblemished streak going, that would really get people to talk about this team. One can certainly dream about it, but in reality...Texas Christian 48, PSU 14.

WSU at UNC---A tale of two opposites. The Wildcats are slowly emerging as the conference darkhorse with three great performances so far. The Bears have looked terrible in their three games so far. However, the Bears seem to play the Wildcats close every year, but they just seem to come close. No reason to expect this to be any different...WSU 25, UNC 20.

Squealofthepig
September 21st, 2011, 11:36 PM
Griz at Sac State is a tough one. Win, and the Griz should have a pretty clear road to the playoffs (even with a loss vs. the cats). Lose, and many questions remain.

NAU/ISU is an interesting one - I'm not sure what to believe about either team. The Lumberjacks could be good - but so could ISU. Will clear some stuff up.

MSU/EWU - 0-4 Eagles or 1-3 Eagles? Combined they're 1-7, but one is a danger for the playoffs, while the other is on life support.

Weber in Colorado - agree on Weber currently being the darkhorse, but they also have the added advantage of being a pure spoiler.

wapiti
September 22nd, 2011, 10:11 AM
Since Jalmond has posted predictions I assume the wife's gall bladder surgery went well???

ISU 17 at NAU 32 After blowing out UNC last week ISU is brought back to earth and NAU takes care of business at home.

UM 24 at Sac State 28 This is the year Sac state finally beat the griz.

MSU 16 at EWU 17 I predict a defensive battle in this game with EWU squeeking out a win. (But deep down I am hoping MSU gets the win.)

PSU 13 at Texas Christian 52 If TCU really wants a chance at a big bowl game they should schedule all FBS teams. Where as PSU still has a chance at a championship.

WSU 28 at UNC 17 UNC may be at home, but BBQ is playing much better than preseason predictions and may have a shot at taking the Big Sky crown.

Future Big Sky Teams
Cal Poly 24 at Northern Ill 38 This game will be cloer than N Ill would like, but pulls away mid way thru the 4th.

UC Davis 13 at Hawaii 28 Hawaii pulls away in the 3rd.

Black Hills State 10 at North Dakota 32 I know nothing about Black Hills State, but ND should win this one easily.

Southern Utah 27 at UNLV 28 SUU will give a good scare to former griz coach Hauck and UNLV. (If SUU does win Hauck's time at UNLV may not last much longer.)

Walkon79
September 22nd, 2011, 11:19 AM
Scared to death for Saturday, but I think the Cats get their first win in Cheney. The only other road win in the series was at Joe Alby Staduim in Spokane. DMac will pull this one out with a late scoring drive. 35-31.

- ISU over NAU (Krames keeps this rolling for at least another week. ISU leads the Big Sky in total offense be a large margin. When was the last time you saw that?
- UM over Sac (but very close)
- TCU stomps PSU
- WSU Stomps UNC

alvinkayak6
September 22nd, 2011, 11:26 AM
ISU 28 at NAU 42

UM 34 at Sac State 24

MSU 20 at EWU 27 (Hard to win on the evil red turf)

PSU 10 at Texas Christian 52

WSU 38 at UNC 17

Future Big Sky Teams
Cal Poly 14 at Northern Ill 30

UC Davis 16 at Hawaii 38

Black Hills State 7 at North Dakota 35

Southern Utah 21 at UNLV 42

Dude, UNLV just beat Hawaii by 20. They will beat S. utah at home by similar margins.

wapiti
September 22nd, 2011, 12:10 PM
Dude, UNLV just beat Hawaii by 20. They will beat S. utah at home by similar margins.

UNLV also got trounced by Washington State 59 - 7 who lost to SanDiego State 24 - 42

So which UNLV team is going to show up?

SUU has looked pretty good in 2 wins and barely lost one.

jayhawkdaddy
September 24th, 2011, 11:41 AM
NAU 32 ISU 28
CSU-Sac 35 UM 32
EWU 29 MSU 20
Texas Christian 78 PSU 9
WSU 27 UNC 10
Northern Illinois 59 CPU 6
Hawaii 48 UCD 12
UND 30 Black Hills State 0
UNLV 24 SUU 21

JALMOND
September 24th, 2011, 11:16 PM
After going perfect last week, it upped my record so far this year to 18-4. This week, I am hoping for perfection once again, but it will be difficult. The fact that the road team in games with conference teams have only won twice is hindered a bit this week as most of the favorites are on the road. No doubt there will be upsets but where and who? Here are this week's Big Sky predictions. Of course all are my opinion. Note: Texas Christian is more commonly known by their moniker, TCU. However, in sticking with my setup of distinguishing Big Sky teams from non conference opponents, Texas Christian will be referred as Texas Christian.

ISU at NAU---The Bengals raised some eyebrows with their big win last week over Northern Colorado. The Lumberjacks also showed some guts in almost pulling out a win at Portland State. This week, it is the Bengals on the road and the Lumberjacks at home. Can the Bengals steamer continue to move on or do the Lumberjacks get the home win...NAU 38, ISU 30.

UM at Sac State---The Grizzlies took care of the defending champs, Eastern Washington last week while the Hornets looked awful at Weber State. A change of venue may be just what the Hornets need to right what was looking like a very promising season. The Grizzlies are looking to just continue to roll...UM 24, Sac State 17.

MSU at EWU---The Bobcats are the last conference team to start conference play and they have to go to the Inferno and meet the Eagles. The defending champs have their own problems after dropping their game last week at Montana, going to 0-3 on this young season. Hard to talk about a must win in September but that is exactly what the Eagles are looking at...EWU 21, MSU 17.

PSU at Texas Christian---The Vikings are the only Big Sky team left without a loss and they move up a level to play the FBS Texas Christian team. If they were to escape with a win and keep their unblemished streak going, that would really get people to talk about this team. One can certainly dream about it, but in reality...Texas Christian 48, PSU 14.

WSU at UNC---A tale of two opposites. The Wildcats are slowly emerging as the conference darkhorse with three great performances so far. The Bears have looked terrible in their three games so far. However, the Bears seem to play the Wildcats close every year, but they just seem to come close. No reason to expect this to be any different...WSU 25, UNC 20.

So I picked the wrong upset and went 3-2 this weekend. As a result I am now 21-6 overall for the year. I need some perfection soon, otherwise this is going to be a bad year for me.

I Bleed Purple
September 24th, 2011, 11:32 PM
So I picked the wrong upset and went 3-2 this weekend. As a result I am now 21-6 overall for the year. I need some perfection soon, otherwise this is going to be a bad year for me.

Your Weber score and margin predictions have been wonderful, too.