View Full Version : CAA Pick'em Week 4

bluehenbillk
September 20th, 2011, 01:53 PM
can't believe this thread wasn't started already but:

UD 41 ODU 21 - Monarchs quickly find out top tier of CAA is a big step up
BC 24 UMass 21 - should be close for a while, BC way down this year
URI 31 Fordham 14 - Rams take out frustration on PL
UNH 35 UR 28 - Typical UNH game, lots of O, not much D
Penn 23 'Nova 17 - Could anyone honestly pick 'Nova anymore?
TU 31 Colgate 7 - Colgate isn't very good & Tigers are feeling it
JMU 20 W&M 10 - Tribe offense stays in the crapper

Spiderbone
September 20th, 2011, 02:04 PM
UD ODU -odu will suprise some and make it close though
BC UMass -BC will bounce back after a loss to the Dukies
URI Fordham -URI better than people think
UNH UR -UR firing on all cylinders at home and revenge for the game last year
Penn 'Nova -really? not too tough
TU Colgate towson on a roll
JMU W&M W and M always plays JMU tight will eek this one out at home

alvinkayak6
September 20th, 2011, 02:07 PM
I am going with Spiderbone on all games but the last one. I like James Madison over William & Mary. I can't get over the 13-10 win over New Haven.

tribefan40
September 20th, 2011, 02:35 PM
UD 35 ODU 31 - This one might be closer than people think. If ODU wants to make a statement, this is the one.
BC 24 UMass 23 - UMass looking pretty solid this year.
URI 35 Fordham 10 - URI gets back on track, looks like it could be a good year for the Rams.
UNH 41 UR 44 - No defense in this one. Should be tight, though.
Penn 21 Nova 3 - Penn will be looking to take out some frustration this year.
TU 38 Colgate 10 - The Tigers might have turned a pretty huge corner.
JMU 14 W&M 17 - There's always hope. Hopefully.

wmmii
September 20th, 2011, 02:48 PM
UD ODU -Deleware give ODU reality check and wins big
BC UMass -UMass shows they can play at BCS level and squeezes out win
URI Fordham -URI is good and wins
UNH UR -UR holds home advantage to win
Penn 'Nova -Penn walks away
TU Colgate --Colgate wins as towson overrated
JMU W&M --Tribe replaces Q (I hope) and O starts clicking to win tight game

VBR_Productions
September 20th, 2011, 03:42 PM
Old Dominion at Delaware
Fordham at Rhode Island
Massachusetts at Boston College
New Hampshire at Richmond
Penn at Villanova
James Madison at The College of William and Mary
Colgate at Towson

TTUEagles
September 20th, 2011, 03:49 PM
UD ODU -
BC UMass
URI Fordham
UNH UR
Penn 'Nova
TU Colgate
JMU W&M

Wildcat80
September 20th, 2011, 04:21 PM
can't believe this thread wasn't started already but:

UD 41 ODU 21 - Monarchs quickly find out top tier of CAA is a big step up
BC 24 UMass 21 - should be close for a while, BC way down this year
URI 31 Fordham 14 - Rams take out frustration on PL
UNH 35 UR 28 - Typical UNH game, lots of O, not much D
Penn 23 'Nova 17 - Could anyone honestly pick 'Nova anymore?
TU 31 Colgate 7 - Colgate isn't very good & Tigers are feeling it
JMU 20 W&M 10 - Tribe offense stays in the crapper

Agree...UNH to get a big road CAA win in the deep south!

Dignan
September 20th, 2011, 04:34 PM
Agree...UNH to get a big road CAA win in the deep south!

Is Richmond really the deep south? Important to the history of the south, yes, but not very far south at all.

Brad82
September 20th, 2011, 05:05 PM
UD
BC
URI
UNH
Nova
Towson
JMU

yorkcountyUNHfan
September 20th, 2011, 05:08 PM
xpeacex
Is Richmond really the deep south? Important to the history of the south, yes, but not very far south at all.

Patterson NJ is far south for us....just saying

melloware13
September 20th, 2011, 05:13 PM
UD
BC
URI
Richmond
Penn
Towson
W&M

Mattymc727
September 20th, 2011, 06:34 PM
UD ODU -
BC UMass
URI Fordham
UNH UR- Until UNH shows they can play some defense I dont think we can beat any of the top CAA teams on the road.
Penn 'Nova
TU Colgate
JMU W&M

wr70beh
September 20th, 2011, 06:59 PM
Old Dominion at Delaware - big
Fordham at Rhode Island
New Hampshire at Richmond - although it will be close
Penn at Villanova - Penn played them close even when Villanova had Szczur and Whitney
James Madison at The College of William and Mary - although I hope W&M makes a game of it.
Colgate at Towson - Towson is figuring things out

Spiderbone
September 20th, 2011, 07:21 PM
I think it will be a low scoring game, not a high scoring one. Richmond's Offense has struggled at times, but their defense has been relatively solid. They won the game for the team at Duke, held off Wagner in light of 5 turnovers by the Offense and the points scored by VMI game were with Richmond's second team in after it was 34-0 at the end of the 3rd quarter. Probably 17-14

CAAisBOSS
September 20th, 2011, 07:22 PM
I am going with Spiderbone on all games but the last one. I like James Madison over William & Mary. I can't get over the 13-10 win over New Haven.

new haven would beat a good number of 1-aa teams

Spiderbone
September 20th, 2011, 07:23 PM
Richmond is definitely NOT the deep south. I was in Birmingham, Alabama yesterday....THAT is the deep south.

Spiderbone
September 20th, 2011, 07:24 PM
+1...........W&M will bounce back from that one, pull their Offense together and take care of the Barneys.

BigHouseClosedEnd
September 20th, 2011, 09:00 PM
I think it will be a low scoring game, not a high scoring one. Richmond's Offense has struggled at times, but their defense has been relatively solid. They won the game for the team at Duke, held off Wagner in light of 5 turnovers by the Offense and the points scored by VMI game were with Richmond's second team in after it was 34-0 at the end of the 3rd quarter. Probably 17-14

To each his own but i see this one a bit differently. I think the game will be played in the 30's.

NHwildEcat
September 20th, 2011, 10:28 PM

Really deep south :)

The Cats
September 21st, 2011, 11:08 AM
Delaware
BC
URI
UR
Penn
TU
JMU

UNH72Plus
September 21st, 2011, 12:58 PM
Delaware
BC
URI
Penn
Towson
W&M

UNH vs Richmond - Interesting match up. With a limited sample size for statistics, it's a tough call. So far UNH has the advantage offensively but gives away a lot on defense. Turnovers may play a big part. UR has had a bit of trouble holding onto the ball in the last two weeks (6 fumbles/34 lost) and Corp has thrown a couple of ints. UNH's pass D has been woeful, but Corp has only completed 57% of his passes. On the other side Decker has completed 71% of his passes in two games. UNH special teams have also been good with a punt return for a TD and an 85 yard kickoff return (negated by a penalty away from the action). Throw in the home field advantage playing in the new stadium and who knows? But being the homer I am, UNH by 7

NHwildEcat
September 21st, 2011, 02:29 PM
UD over ODU
BC over UMASS
URI over Fordham
UNH over URI
Penn over 'Nova
Towson over Colgate
W & M over JMU

bostonspider
September 21st, 2011, 02:47 PM
UD over ODU
BC over UMass in a squeaker
URI over Fodham
Penn over reeling Villanova
Resuurgent Towson over Colgate
JMU over a wobbly W&M
Richmond over UNH - Wildcats gutted out an OT win over Lehigh and I think UR is a good deal better than Lehigh this season, and with a much better D, takes this game 27-21.

MR. CHICKEN
September 21st, 2011, 03:33 PM
16130.....IT'LL BE WET....ON DUH EAST COAST....THURS/FRI/SAT.......SLIPPERY PIGGY.....EQUATES...TA TO'S....ALL KINDS.....FROM BLKD PUNTS/KICKS....TA FUMBLITIS......INT'S.....WIDE RIGHT PLACEMENTS.....RUNNIN' GAME...MUY IMPORTANTE.....HOLD ONTAH DUH ROCK.....THROW AT OWN RISK.....UD...RHODEY...DUH BEAN-TOWN HARPS..(BC)...'NOVA..(PHILLY HARPS)..TOWSON...JMU....ARACHNIDS....xrotatehx.... AWK!

GeauxLions94
September 21st, 2011, 03:46 PM
Old Dominion at Delaware
Fordham at Rhode Island
New Hampshire at Richmond
Penn at Villanova
James Madison at The College of William and Mary
Colgate at Towson

Gordon Shumway
September 21st, 2011, 05:15 PM
Really deep south :)

I don't know. It's 700 miles north of me. xlolx

R3TRO
September 21st, 2011, 05:27 PM
And 850 north of me...

JmuSkinsfan
September 21st, 2011, 06:08 PM

They do?

10: 30-24 JMU (JMU was 4-5 and WM was ranked #1)
09: 24-3 WM
08: 48-24 JMU
07: 55-34 JMU
06: 31-17 JMU

Last year was close and 09 was a blowout the other way ... but aside from the last two years ... in recent history JMU has not had a hard time handling WM ... in Harrisonburg or Williamsburg!

Spiderbone
September 21st, 2011, 07:04 PM
I don't know. It's 700 miles north of me. xlolx

you realize the further south you get in Florida the more northern it gets.....

Spiderbone
September 21st, 2011, 07:07 PM
They do?

10: 30-24 JMU (JMU was 4-5 and WM was ranked #1)
09: 24-3 WM
08: 48-24 JMU
07: 55-34 JMU
06: 31-17 JMU

Last year was close and 09 was a blowout the other way ... but aside from the last two years ... in recent history JMU has not had a hard time handling WM ... in Harrisonburg or Williamsburg!xbeerchugxxbeerchugxxhurrayx

in between the shots of woodford reserve I realized that I had been thinking about the series between UR and JMU which will be one hell of a game come next week.

JmuSkinsfan
September 21st, 2011, 07:21 PM
xbeerchugxxbeerchugxxhurrayx

in between the shots of woodford reserve I realized that I had been thinking about the series between UR and JMU which will be one hell of a game come next week.

Now THAT, I can agree with. Every game between UR and JMU has been within 3 points every year for the last ... forever? Haha. If JMU knocks off WM this weekend and UR knocks of UNH ... we could be looking at a #5 v. #6 type of match-up at long-sold out bridgeforth for homecoming. FYI, 75% of the 8,000 student tickets were gone in first 24 hours. I can't look past WM, but I hope to hell we win just to get to what might be the best game of the season in the CAA ... too bad its so early on!

JmuSkinsfan
September 21st, 2011, 07:29 PM
As for JMU/UR ...

'10: 13-10 UR (OT)
'09: 21-17 UR (the infamous Thorpe fumble at the 5 yard line with under a minute left driving for the win)
'08: 38-31 JMU (Scotty McGee PR TD as time expired ... #1 play on SC)
'07: 17-16 UR
'06: 27-10 JMU
'05: 18-15 UR

Sheesh. UR definitely has JMU's number recently ... until last year the home team lost each since at least '05 ... including two homecoming losses for JMU at home in 05 and 07 ... you'd think we'd stop letting UR home games be our HC!

The last four match-ups have literally been decided by one play ... OT kick last year ... Thorpe fumble in 09 with under a minute left on the 5 yard line with JMU about to score ... scotty punt return as time expired in 08 ... and I believe in 07 JMU was driving for the win in Richmond territory when Landers threw an interception to seal it. Unreal.

Punchy
September 21st, 2011, 08:39 PM
UD ODU -odu will suprise some and make it close though
BC UMass -BC will bounce back after a loss to the Dukies
URI Fordham -URI better than people think
UNH UR -UR firing on all cylinders at home and revenge for the game last year
Penn 'Nova -really? not too tough
TU Colgate towson on a roll

I like your picks.

Wildcat80
September 22nd, 2011, 11:02 AM
UD over ODU
BC over UMass in a squeaker
URI over Fodham
Penn over reeling Villanova
Resuurgent Towson over Colgate
JMU over a wobbly W&M
Richmond over UNH - Wildcats gutted out an OT win over Lehigh and I think UR is a good deal better than Lehigh this season, and with a much better D, takes this game 27-21.

Both UNH & Lehigh will find out this Saturday IF they really are playoff caliber in 2011.

Spiderbone
September 22nd, 2011, 12:42 PM
Now THAT, I can agree with. Every game between UR and JMU has been within 3 points every year for the last ... forever? Haha. If JMU knocks off WM this weekend and UR knocks of UNH ... we could be looking at a #5 v. #6 type of match-up at long-sold out bridgeforth for homecoming. FYI, 75% of the 8,000 student tickets were gone in first 24 hours. I can't look past WM, but I hope to hell we win just to get to what might be the best game of the season in the CAA ... too bad its so early on!

Reminds me of the games we used to play when UR was in the CAA for Basketball. Loved playing JMU home and away when Lefty was there. The other interesting thing of recent years is that UR would win at JMU and JMU would win at UR, that is until last year...:D

crusader11
September 23rd, 2011, 11:31 AM
6-2 last week and 21-6 overall. This week's games...

Old Dominion at Delaware Put up or shut up for ODU in this game.
Fordham at Rhode Island
Massachusetts at Boston College Oh what the hell. BC is bad, bad, bad this year.
New Hampshire at Richmond UNH has had two weeks to figure out what is going on with the defense. Offense (Decker, Orlando, Harris) was exceptional against Lehigh.
Penn at Villanova Losing to Monmouth? Really? Monmouth????
James Madison at William and Mary Narrowly beating New Haven raised lots of question marks for W&M
Colgate at Towson Colgate drops yet another game. When was the last time the Raiders finished below .500?

Tribal
September 23rd, 2011, 12:31 PM
UD
URI
BC
UNH
Penn
W&M
Towson

JMUNJ08
September 24th, 2011, 11:03 AM
Late addition for my Week 4 Picks. CAA really gets going this week and some teams may start to separate themselves in the conference and the polls.

UD 34 - ODU 24 - The 'Hens have been looking good. I think they run into a better than expected ODU but that there is still too much of a gap between them.

BC 30 - UMass 17 - BC gets win #1 against their soon to be in-state rival???

URI 31 - Fordham 14 - Rams get win #1 in tough early season.

UNH 20 - UR 24 - I think this may be the year UNH takes a slight step back, especially with this road game.

Penn 27 - 'Nova 14 - Yep, Nova goes down to the Ivies...

Towson 28 - Colgate 17 - Could Towson really be 3-0 after a 1 win season? I think this is their shot/year

JMU 17 W&M 13 - Both teams haven't really looked stellar on O but have gotten enough done to be 2-1. JMU seems to play well in 'burg #2 and may pull out another toughie on the road.

BONUS:
Georgia St @ Houston
Yep, the Cougs have a bye week and get to play those up and down FCS playin. GaSt. Should be a cake walk.
GaSt. 3 - Houston 58

jayhawkdaddy
September 24th, 2011, 11:07 AM
Delaware
Boston College
URI
Richmond
Villanova
Towson
JMU
Houston 45-10

JMUNJ08
September 25th, 2011, 12:12 AM
UD 34 - ODU 24 - xthumbsupx

BC 30 - UMass 17 - xthumbsupx

URI 31 - Fordham 14 - xthumbsupx

UNH 20 - UR 24 - xsmhx

Penn 27 - 'Nova 14 - xchinscratchxxsmhx

Towson 28 - Colgate 17 - xthumbsupx

JMU 17 W&M 13 - xthumbsupxxbowx

BONUS:
GaSt. 3 - Houston 58xbowxxbowx

Couldn't get closer in the GaSt./Houston game! Nova finally gets a win and has at least a weak pulse. UNH and URI had a great shootout with the worries of W&M on Offense remain.

Overall 6-2
CAA 2-1
Bonus 1-0

jmufan
September 25th, 2011, 12:42 AM
UD
BC
URI
UNH
Nova
Towson
JMU