PDA

View Full Version : Educate yourselves on the mocs

chattownmocs
September 19th, 2011, 02:51 PM
Here is a link to the mocs highlites for all 3 games. You can click on the little tvs by all the games to see the highlites. They are highlites for both teams in each game. Watch the speed and relentless pursuit of the moc defense. Watch the smooth precision of the QB. This team is for real. Its time to show them some respect. Or you are going to look dumb when they take it this Saturday and you are just saying how overrated App State turned out to be.

http://www.gomocs.com/SportSelect.dbml?&DB_OEM_ID=17700&SPID=10577&SPSID=88681

Silenoz
September 19th, 2011, 02:54 PM
The real question is whether or not you'll be around if they don't xlolx

chattownmocs
September 19th, 2011, 02:56 PM
The real question is, are you talking trash without knowing anything about the team you are talking about. This team is for real.

asumike83
September 19th, 2011, 02:59 PM
I know the Mocs are good, I do not question that. I've seen them play in person and was impressed. We will see what happens on Saturday, but I have seen good teams come into Boone and leave disappointed many times before.

Silenoz
September 19th, 2011, 03:00 PM
You're right, they're not the 1-10 blundering comedy of errors that they were. They also haven't accomplished jack sh#t yet

blueballs
September 19th, 2011, 03:01 PM
I know the Mocs are good, I do not question that. I've seen them play in person and was impressed. We will see what happens on Saturday, but I have seen good teams come into Boone and leave disappointed many times before.

To illustrate your point if the 1999 GSU squad can lose in Boone the 2011 UTC group sure as hell can.

chattownmocs
September 19th, 2011, 03:04 PM
You're right, they're not the 1-10 blundering comedy of errors that they were. They also haven't accomplished jack sh#t yet

Yeah theyve accomplished pretty much what theyve had the opportunity to accomplish so far this season.

chattownmocs
September 19th, 2011, 03:05 PM
To illustrate your point if the 1999 GSU squad can lose in Boone the 2011 UTC group sure as hell can.

Can and will are 2 different things.

eaglemachine
September 19th, 2011, 03:07 PM
The title to this thread sounds really familiar...

Silenoz
September 19th, 2011, 03:09 PM
Yeah theyve accomplished pretty much what theyve had the opportunity to accomplish so far this season.

So have Towson and Sam Houston. Doesn't mean we should annoint them the second coming of '96 Marshall just yet or anything...

whoanellie
September 19th, 2011, 03:12 PM
one thing is certain UTC is NOT a MEAC bottom feeder.

chattownmocs
September 19th, 2011, 03:23 PM
So have Towson and Sam Houston. Doesn't mean we should annoint them the second coming of '96 Marshall just yet or anything...

I gave you the film to decide whether they looked like a good football team or not. You decide for yourself. Id be happy for you to tell me that they suck after you watch the highlites.

Reign of Terrier
September 19th, 2011, 03:26 PM
your link=sucks

Even so the three plays that it shows are rather poor and unimpressive defense by the mocs

TwoFeathers
September 19th, 2011, 03:28 PM
Big game next week!

Apphole
September 19th, 2011, 03:28 PM
Somebody better put this kid on suicide watch if Coleman blows it again.

chattownmocs
September 19th, 2011, 03:29 PM
your link=sucks

Even so the three plays that it shows are rather poor and unimpressive defense by the mocs

If you follow the intructions that I told you to follow you can see extended highlites from every game. Scroll down to the scedule. Click on the tv icon to the right of the games.

StorminASU
September 19th, 2011, 03:39 PM
I gave you the film to decide whether they looked like a good football team or not. You decide for yourself. Id be happy for you to tell me that they suck after you watch the highlites.

They suck....you happy?

GSUhooligan
September 19th, 2011, 03:40 PM
the second coming of '96 Marshall just yet or anything...

He won't get the reference, he's just a bandwagon fan with no real concept of FCS football. He thinks because they got a transfer from a mighty sec school, that UT-C will run all over the FCS.

asumike83
September 19th, 2011, 03:43 PM
Can and will are 2 different things.

You are right about that. If ASU comes to this game anything less than well-prepared and sharp, they will not win. I expect them to be up to the challenge.

chattownmocs
September 19th, 2011, 03:49 PM
He won't get the reference, he's just a bandwagon fan with no real concept of FCS football. He thinks because they got a transfer from a mighty sec school, that UT-C will run all over the FCS.

You are proving that you know nothing about FCS football. Chattanooga is not good because they got transfers from the mighty SEC. They are good because they are a complete football team.

Skjellyfetti
September 19th, 2011, 03:58 PM
They are good because they are a complete football team.

Until the 4th quarter rolls around......

chattownmocs
September 19th, 2011, 03:59 PM

Really? Because they havent given up a point in the 4th quarter all season. FAIL.

Smitty
September 19th, 2011, 04:03 PM
I think that it is a long season an injury, suspension, or pretty much anything can change the outcome of a game. So shut up, sit down, and enjoy the season...

PS...

You earn respect at the end of the season when you go all the way to the championship. I don't care about the Mocs or will I ever "respect" them until they prove what plenty of teams have done before...

Silenoz
September 19th, 2011, 04:12 PM

Who said they suck? They're #12 on this site's poll, so I don't know what else you want from people

ASU3481
September 19th, 2011, 04:15 PM
Come on guy's.. I heard this off season Jesus tried out for UTC and they said that he wasn't good enough to make the team.. That's how good UTC is!!! haha

chattanoogamocs
September 19th, 2011, 04:19 PM
rubes.

blueballs
September 19th, 2011, 04:50 PM
The best way to earn respect from the fanbase around the country is to play and win football games in December.

In the Socon App, Wofford, and GSU all did that within the past 12 months. To my knowledge UTC has not played a December game since the 1970's and the institution of a playoff format for 1-AA/FCS.

App and GSU have WON more games in December than the rest of the conference has played in December- combined- in the past 15 years. App and GSU have won more games in december in YOUR STADIUM than you have played in December in your program's history. Chew on that stat for a while "My team is God's gift to football" boy.

CC Eagle
September 19th, 2011, 04:53 PM
The best way to earn respect from the fanbase around the country is to play and win football games in December.

In the Socon App, Wofford, and GSU all did that within the past 12 months. To my knowledge UTC has not played a December game since the 1970's and the institution of a playoff format for 1-AA/FCS.

App and GSU have WON more games in December than the rest of the conference has played in December- combined- in the past 15 years. App and GSU have won more games in december in YOUR STADIUM than you have played in December in your program's history. Chew on that stat for a while "My team is God's gift to football" boy.

But you're forgetting about the HISTORY of UTC football that somehow matters when we're talking about the Mocs, but not when discussing the various ways that GSU, App, Wofford, etc. are clearly better.

ALPHAGRIZ1
September 19th, 2011, 04:53 PM
I dont watch soccer so who won?

chattownmocs
September 19th, 2011, 05:03 PM

You dont have much knowledge do you?

Skjellyfetti
September 19th, 2011, 05:14 PM
Really? Because they havent given up a point in the 4th quarter all season. FAIL.

Really? Because they gave up 28 in the 4th quarter to App last year. xlolx

And, yeah. Congrats on your OVC wins and all... but, the SoCon will be a bit more difficult.

blueballs
September 19th, 2011, 05:16 PM
You dont have much knowledge do you?

Not too much... I've only been watching 1-AA/FCS football since the early 80's, been to 5 NC games and probably 30+ playoff games. Or to put it another way, I dropped more knowledge about championship football in the bowl in my master bath this morninig than you have in your whole body.

Apphole
September 19th, 2011, 05:25 PM
Not too much... I've only been watching 1-AA/FCS football since the early 80's, been to 5 NC games and probably 30+ playoff games. Or to put it another way, I dropped more knowledge about championship football in the bowl in my master bath this morninig than you have in your whole body.

Great post. If we win this Saturday, the troll is climbing out from under his bridge and jumping off of it.

Baldy
September 19th, 2011, 05:37 PM

xlolx

TheRevSFA
September 19th, 2011, 06:01 PM
Couple of things

1) it's "highlights.". I'm only saying something because you've misspelled it about 10 times.

2) Chatty has to earn respect. Granted they have had a great history, but you can't use their history to back up your arguments and not acknowledge others. It doesn't work, and doesn't help your case.

3) what is a true detriment to the other chatty fans and hurts chatty is your obnoxious posts. Milktruck and others have said many insightful things about the Mocs, but your way of trolling and arguing doesn't do much to help chatty save face. It's almost better if you don't talk and just let chatty play and earn respect from other schools fans.

4) I think App State and the Mocs will be a great game to watch. I know if chatty wins you'll be on here hooting and such, but if they lose, I hope you eat your crow like a man.

asumike83
September 19th, 2011, 06:09 PM
rubes.

Really, come on guys! You have a UT-C guy trying to push your buttons and you respond to him every time, which leads to arguments about college football. It also leads to the relentless mocking of rival teams while talking about how great you think your team is. What do you think this IS, a college football message board? Get it together RUBES!

chattownmocs
September 19th, 2011, 06:32 PM
Really? Because they gave up 28 in the 4th quarter to App last year. xlolx

And, yeah. Congrats on your OVC wins and all... but, the SoCon will be a bit more difficult.

Yeah really, not 1. To nebraska, Jacksonville State, and Eastern Kentucky. All better than the average Socon team. Try again.

chattownmocs
September 19th, 2011, 06:33 PM

So that explains why your previous "facts" were incorrect?

Milktruck74
September 19th, 2011, 06:35 PM

I remember '96 Marshall....Only MU team to win a game in Chattanooga. We had their number for a few years. they would go 14-1 and win a national championship....and lowly ole Chattanooga was the "AND 1"

Milktruck74
September 19th, 2011, 06:36 PM

Actually this year's team has figured out how to finish. Given up 0 points, 2 first down and about 40 yards in the last two 4th qtrs.

App-a-latch-un
September 19th, 2011, 06:48 PM
Didn't think anyone could annoy me more than the UNCC crowd this season but you've taken a strong lead. Biggest homer ever.

Act like you've been there before, amateurxthumbsupx.

CID1990
September 19th, 2011, 07:30 PM
Yeah really, not 1. To nebraska, Jacksonville State, and Eastern Kentucky. All better than the average Socon team. Try again.

JSU and EKU actually lost to THE average SoCon team.

CID1990
September 19th, 2011, 07:30 PM
Didn't think anyone could annoy me more than the UNCC crowd this season but you've taken a strong lead. Biggest homer ever.

Act like you've been there before, amateurxthumbsupx.

He is.

spdrumline
September 19th, 2011, 07:39 PM
Educate yourself on the history of Chattanooga football

Chattanooga (http://cfbdatawarehouse.com/data/div_iaa/southern/tennessee_chattanooga/all_national_champs.php)

Reign of Terrier
September 19th, 2011, 07:43 PM

Nebraska is the only team there that's better than the average Socon team. If you think those teams are better than the average Socon team than it's no wonder you think Chatty will win the conference outright this year seeing as you have such an inferiority complex about how good the conference is. I'd take the top 4, and furman and elon for sure against those teams

GATA
October 29th, 2011, 10:28 PM
Here is a link to the mocs highlites for all 3 games. You can click on the little tvs by all the games to see the highlites. They are highlites for both teams in each game. Watch the speed and relentless pursuit of the moc defense. Watch the smooth precision of the QB. This team is for real. Its time to show them some respect. Or you are going to look dumb when they take it this Saturday and you are just saying how overrated App State turned out to be.

http://www.gomocs.com/SportSelect.dbml?&DB_OEM_ID=17700&SPID=10577&SPSID=88681

I don't know about the rest of you guys...but I think the Mocs are INDEED. FOR. REAL.

They're gonna continue to "dominate" this weak *** conference for years to come.

blueballs
October 30th, 2011, 07:08 AM
3 yards passing and 7 points total against a team that got 50 dropped on them 2 weeks ago????? I guess we got all the education we need.

Hey moc boy, enjoy watching the big boys play in December. Oh yeah, UTK sucks too.

Silenoz
November 1st, 2011, 01:10 PM

Hahahah, what a tool

appfan2008
November 1st, 2011, 01:16 PM
where is our little moc friend after all these losses anyway???

youwouldno
November 1st, 2011, 01:23 PM

In fairness, they hate him over on the UTC message message. Here's a hilarious post from "Moceyed" (hope he/she doesn't mind):

"Wonder if BillMoc is trying to do what that other dude, chattown I believe, tries to do when he makes comments that "stirs the pot"? His comments are so out there that surely he can't be serious and he's just trying to get the Moc nation fired up. Not sure he's smart enough for that after looking at his past comments. If fact I really think he believes what he says. Poor guy (or girl). What a dumba$$. "

Smitty
November 1st, 2011, 01:55 PM

We probably should go check on him, he may have choked on the huge crow he has to eat...

SpeedkingATL
November 1st, 2011, 02:03 PM
Maybe the Mocs will get the automatic bid from the OVC since they beat the two best teams in JSU and EKU and are still undefeated in the OVC.

Go Apps
November 1st, 2011, 02:11 PM
I think Chattownmocs should apply for the Open AD position at WCU - with all that passion and belief - WCU can become a winner overnite!

And just think new name?? WestoCat

TTUEagles
November 1st, 2011, 02:16 PM
Maybe the Mocs will get the automatic bid from the OVC since they beat the two best teams in JSU and EKU and are still undefeated in the OVC.

Woa, woa, woa....The "two best teams" and you didn't include TTU who just beat Jacksonville St. at Jacksonville?

pike51
November 1st, 2011, 02:25 PM
Poor guy... this is really sad:

0 Friends chattownmocs has not made any friends yet

*from his profile.

boonegoon
November 1st, 2011, 02:28 PM
Poor guy... this is really sad:

0 Friends chattownmocs has not made any friends yet

*from his profile.

To be fair, I don't have any friends.

OL FU
November 1st, 2011, 02:31 PM
To be fair, I don't have any friends.

You can have some of minexlolx

Eaglesrus
November 1st, 2011, 03:45 PM

You can't get rid of me that easily!

soaring eagle
November 1st, 2011, 03:56 PM
Chatty is a good up and coming program and their new coach has them on the right track but they will not beat Appy in Boone.

AppMAN04
November 1st, 2011, 04:01 PM
There season was over as soon as it begin in my opinion... So what they beat a couple of out of conference teams that were sub par.. But to be honest we look at UTC as a guarantee win and always will look at them like this.. The only thing UTC has done for ASU is lend us their field while winning 3 national Championships.. AGS its time to retire this guy

soaring eagle
November 1st, 2011, 04:08 PM
AppMan what the Chatty folks don't understand is they don't recruit the talent year in and year out as the big dogs of the socon do (ie app, gsu, and furman) they may be good for a year or two but then their right back to the bottom of the barrel. Just the nature of the beast. They will never win a national championship.

boonegoon
November 1st, 2011, 07:19 PM

Now I have 1 friend. Thanks. Well, sort of; you are a Vermin

Reign of Terrier
November 1st, 2011, 10:04 PM
AppMan what the Chatty folks don't understand is they don't recruit the talent year in and year out as the big dogs of the socon do (ie app, gsu, and furman) they may be good for a year or two but then their right back to the bottom of the barrel. Just the nature of the beast. They will never win a national championship.

you're kidding right? Chattanooga has talent, athletes and good coaching. they lack a winning culture that can handle success, they're getting there though. Once they do, look out.

Squealofthepig
November 2nd, 2011, 12:45 AM
you're kidding right? Chattanooga has talent, athletes and good coaching. they lack a winning culture that can handle success, they're getting there though. Once they do, look out.

I'll agree with yt here; UTC has all the tools it needs to be a force in the SoCon, it's just missing that mysterious element that transforms a team from good to great. I'm not sure if "winning culture" is the missing element - that's another hard thing to quantify, but their onfield performance has been good this year; they just need to find a way to, as we say, move the needle.

ALPHAGRIZ1
November 2nd, 2011, 01:00 AM
Until they put together 10 winning seasons in a row..........I will mock........the Mocs

xcoffeex

veinup
November 2nd, 2011, 03:57 AM
never heard of 'em.

OL FU
November 2nd, 2011, 05:56 AM
Now I have 1 friend. Thanks. Well, sort of; you are a Vermin

Well you know what they say about blind squirrels and nutsxlolx

Mountaineer#96
November 2nd, 2011, 08:38 AM
I was hoping this thread would show back up............I just didn't want to be the guy to dig it out.

So who takes the cake as the most hated homer flame starter MPLSBison, Alexale, or Chattown?

soaring eagle
November 2nd, 2011, 08:43 AM
terrier never said they didn't have some talent said they don't recruit talent year in and year out as do the big three in the socon.

soaring eagle
November 2nd, 2011, 08:47 AM
Just like Elon. They had Riddle who was an awesome QB. But he graduated and now their struggling again. And so im not made out to be a GSU homer. Look at GSU 2006-2009 prime example. Recruited good but not great athletes and with sub par coaching you see what happened.

soaring eagle
November 2nd, 2011, 08:48 AM
Championship football programs reload year after year. Good football programs have good years here and there.

SpeedkingATL
Woa, woa, woa....The "two best teams" and you didn't include TTU who just beat Jacksonville St. at Jacksonville?

I stand corrected about TTU. How in the world did UTC not schedule TTU this year so they could go for the hat trick?

Apphole
I'll agree with yt here; UTC has all the tools it needs to be a force in the SoCon, it's just missing that mysterious element that transforms a team from good to great. I'm not sure if "winning culture" is the missing element - that's another hard thing to quantify, but their onfield performance has been good this year; they just need to find a way to, as we say, move the needle.

You got one thing right, UTC has plenty of tools....

TTUEagles
November 2nd, 2011, 10:28 AM
I stand corrected about TTU. How in the world did UTC not schedule TTU this year so they could go for the hat trick?

Ha! Touche'
I wish we would've scheduled them - it's two schools pretty close to each other that should play a lot more...Even if UTC won, it'd be nice to have played 11 games this year.

Reign of Terrier
November 2nd, 2011, 11:13 AM
terrier never said they didn't have some talent said they don't recruit talent year in and year out as do the big three in the socon.
According to all the recruiting sites they recruit among the best in the FCS....granted they said the same thing about western carolina once, but they do seem to have talent. They've lost 4 games by a combined 11 points, that doesn't say anything about talent, that's something to say about the ability to close. Championship programs and top-notch programs have that intangible, UTC doesn't quite have it. Look at last year for instance. They were competitive in every game and needed to beat Wofford to secure a playoff berth.....but slipped and fell on their face, losing 45-14 (and it really wasn't even that close). That game was important to Wofford too as it was understood that that game was a needed victory to secure a playoff berth for ourselves (because we're very paranoid when it comes to the playoff selection committee, don't ask)

Just like Elon. They had Riddle who was an awesome QB. But he graduated and now their struggling again. And so im not made out to be a GSU homer. Look at GSU 2006-2009 prime example. Recruited good but not great athletes and with sub par coaching you see what happened.
I disagree. The problem with UTC in the past was poor poor coaching and a give-up mentality. I remember in every game in 2008 they were competitive for 10-20 minutes, then someone made a mistake and the other team had a 2 score lead and they would just hang their heads (including the head coach) and let it snow-ball into a 30 point loss. Then, the next year, Huesman shows up, has them playing better fundamentally, makes them believe that they can win...and they win 6 games that year. He's built on that, but they still lack the intangibles to separate them from an average program to a good or great program and it's not a problem that one can just "fix," it happens over time. I hate to keep bringing up Wofford, as it's my team and I don't want to appear to be chest-beating, but look at how long it took before we were given respect, we've been competitive in conference play and in competing for playoff spots since 2002, but I'd venture to say it wasn't until last year or this year that we've been considered "a good program."

Elon's a different story. If Elon doesn't put it together and win 7 games+ in the next 2 years, I think we can all say they were one hit wonders with Lembo as coach with Riddle and Hudgins on the field. They're a bad team right now, and stupid mistakes are what separates them from a good team or even a great team. I don't know if that's coaching or one of those anomalies that happens to teams every now and again, but I do remember where they were pre-Lembo and with the emergence of Chattanooga, Samford, Furman, and maybe the Citadel, they could phase out to where they were in a shade of irrelevance. Conversely, with chattanooga there's a good coach that seems to be able to recruit. I mean, I may not like that Chattown somewhat inflates how great they are in terms of talent but at the same time the numbers and stats don't lie. They're at the top of the Socon in many defensive categories (Huesman is a defensive coach primarily) and they have one of the youngest defenses as well. Offensive is head-scratcher, as they have talent but they're inconsistent. I don't think Chattanooga is a one-hit wonder as long as Huesman stays but those intangibles is what keeps them down and they'll get them in time.