PDA

View Full Version : Chattanooga LB Wes Dothard(2nd straight) and Aaron Mellette win Socon's top honors.

chattownmocs
September 19th, 2011, 02:44 PM
Chattanooga Freshman RB Marquies Green earned top Freshman honor and App State Punter Sam Martin wins the Special Teams honor.

seantaylor
September 20th, 2011, 01:05 AM
POW's when 6 teams are off? Gay.

chattanoogamocs
September 20th, 2011, 01:36 AM
You're close sean...the awards aren't gay because they are going to happen each week no matter what. What's gay is the fact that 6 teams were off after only the 2nd week. What's up with that? I don't think I have ever seen 2/3's of a conference take the weekend off...especially when the season has barely started.

PaladinFan
September 20th, 2011, 06:49 AM
You're close sean...the awards aren't gay because they are going to happen each week no matter what. What's gay is the fact that 6 teams were off after only the 2nd week. What's up with that? I don't think I have ever seen 2/3's of a conference take the weekend off...especially when the season has barely started.

I've stopped trying to figure out the off-week schedule. A few years ago Georgia Southern had an offweek in the first week of the season. Furman also had an off week the last week of the season (that is, between the regular season and the playoffs). Given the option between those two and a week three bye, I'll take the week three bye.

eaglewraith
September 20th, 2011, 06:58 AM
I've stopped trying to figure out the off-week schedule. A few years ago Georgia Southern had an offweek in the first week of the season. Furman also had an off week the last week of the season (that is, between the regular season and the playoffs). Given the option between those two and a week three bye, I'll take the week three bye.

The one in 2006 was to allow time for finishing the new field house before the home opener.

We used to take it on the last week of the regular season so we'd be rested up going into the playoffs.