PDA

View Full Version : App State Injuries/Suspensions

asumike83
September 19th, 2011, 08:43 AM
This is the GoASU.com blip on our suspension and injury situation:
Defensive back Ed Gainey and linebacker Lanston Tanyi did not participate in Saturday’s game due to a violation of team rules ... senior tight end Ben Jorden was dressed but did not play as he continues to recover from a head injury suffered last Saturday against N.C. A&T ... Jorden is expected to be at 100 percent for next Saturday's SoCon opener versus UTC.

It sounds like Jorden will be ready to go for SoCon play and was probably just held out as precaution against a weaker team, which is great news because he is a big weapon in the passing game.

However, I am curious about the mysterious 'violation of team rules' that kept Tanyi and Gainey out, as I have heard they are likely to miss next week as well. Our pass defense is very suspect to begin with, so being without our best cover corner and our most experienced pass rusher could be a big problem. Do any of the ASU folks know what they did to get suspended or how long we may be without them?

Mountaineer#96
September 19th, 2011, 08:56 AM
"violation of team rules" could be anything, missed curfew, underage drinking citation, back talked a coach, etc.

could be anything......but Jerry won't budge when it comes to this stuff, that is why he is a great character coach.

PaladinFan
September 19th, 2011, 09:05 AM
"violation of team rules" could be anything, missed curfew, underage drinking citation, back talked a coach, etc.

could be anything......but Jerry won't budge when it comes to this stuff, that is why he is a great character coach.

I wonder if he will have them suspended for a meaningful game. It's one thing to suspend a guy for a game against Savannah State, but another to keep him suspended against UTC.

StorminASU
September 19th, 2011, 09:23 AM
I wonder if he will have them suspended for a meaningful game. It's one thing to suspend a guy for a game against Savannah State, but another to keep him suspended against UTC.

He suspended a starting corner for one of the championship games, so I'm sure he wouldn't mind to sit a butt down for a Chatt game.

AppState913
September 19th, 2011, 09:24 AM
Last year Coco Hillary was only suspended for one game (opener at Chatty) after getting a DUI, but who knows about this situation.

chattownmocs
September 19th, 2011, 09:38 AM
Is this goign to be the excuse when BJ torches yall?

Go Apps
September 19th, 2011, 09:41 AM
No it will not - BJ should have no issue with or without them playing

asumike83
September 19th, 2011, 10:09 AM

Of course not. Everyone knows that the only valid excuse after losing a conference game at home is that 'it was a fluke and we gave you the game'.

I asked the question because I am curious to know how long we will be without 2 of our defensive starters, not for some weak excuse. If UT-C comes into Boone and leaves with a W, I will tip my cap to them, whether Gainey and Tanyi play or not. Unfortunately, dealing with issues like this is just part of college football.

The Eagle's Cliff
September 19th, 2011, 10:38 AM
Of course not. Everyone knows that the only valid excuse after losing a conference game at home is that 'it was a fluke and we gave you the game'.

I asked the question because I am curious to know how long we will be without 2 of our defensive starters, not for some weak excuse. If UT-C comes into Boone and leaves with a W, I will tip my cap to them, whether Gainey and Tanyi play or not. Unfortunately, dealing with issues like this is just part of college football.

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to asumike83 again.xlolx

Skjellyfetti
September 19th, 2011, 11:42 AM

BJ torched us last year... but, it seems to me like it has been Chattanooga fans making excuses ever since that game. xcoffeex

chattownmocs
September 19th, 2011, 11:45 AM
BJ torched us last year... but, it seems to me like it has been Chattanooga fans making excuses ever since that game. xcoffeex

Yeah it seems to me like this aint last year.

Mikeyosef
September 19th, 2011, 12:12 PM
Yeah it seems to me like this aint last year. You're APPsolutely right. This aint last year, we have your choking butts at the Rock. If you come to Boone, enjoy the tailgating because there's not going to be a lot for you to enjoy during the game. I predict PAIN, lots of PAIN!

chattownmocs
September 19th, 2011, 12:15 PM
You're APPsolutely right. This aint last year, we have your choking butts at the Rock. If you come to Boone, enjoy the tailgating because there's not going to be a lot for you to enjoy during the game. I predict PAIN, lots of PAIN!

yawn...

SideLine Shooter
September 19th, 2011, 01:22 PM
[/FONT]
This is the GoASU.com blip on our suspension and injury situation:
Defensive back Ed Gainey and linebacker Lanston Tanyi did not participate in Saturday’s game due to a violation of team rules ... senior tight end Ben Jorden was dressed but did not play as he continues to recover from a head injury suffered last Saturday against N.C. A&T ... Jorden is expected to be at 100 percent for next Saturday's SoCon opener versus UTC.

It sounds like Jorden will be ready to go for SoCon play and was probably just held out as precaution against a weaker team, which is great news because he is a big weapon in the passing game.

However, I am curious about the mysterious 'violation of team rules' that kept Tanyi and Gainey out, as I have heard they are likely to miss next week as well. Our pass defense is very suspect to begin with, so being without our best cover corner and our most experienced pass rusher could be a big problem. Do any of the ASU folks know what they did to get suspended or how long we may be without them?

From what I have been able to find out, the suspensions are probably for Insider Trading. I understand the SEC (not associated with football, that I know of) is looking into the violations.

ASUinfo
October 1st, 2011, 06:29 PM
Anytime your in Boone send me a PM and I can meet you wherever. Actually, if your ever in town for a game hit me up then...I'll introduce you and let you witness this BS first-hand.