PDA

View Full Version : Missouri State Any Injuries?

Saluki Fan in FL
September 18th, 2011, 09:13 PM
Having faced both Arkansas and Oregon, I'm just curious... did you make it out alive?

Give us the injury report and how your fans feel about scheduling two powerful FBS teams in the same year. Also... having now played them... do you now feel like you are "battle hardened" or "beat the hell up."

clenz
September 18th, 2011, 09:15 PM
I'll be the first to say it....

This topic, and question, are stupid as hell.

There is zero proof that FBS games cause injuries above the rate of FCS games....As a matter of fact, I saw a study posted on FCSFANS.com that showed D2 games result in more injuries than FBS and FCS games.

Saluki Fan in FL
September 19th, 2011, 01:54 PM
I'm a rabid FCS fan too clenz... but to say that playing Oregon and Arkansas... WHATEVER division you are in... won't result in injuries is "stupid as hell." We had injuries against Indiana, we had injuries against Northern IL, we had injuries against Northwestern, we had a season ending injury at IL to arguably our best player (was on the Buck Buchanan watch list) who is back for his 5th season.

Now if someone from MO State would like to answer the question... I'm curious to hear what they think about their Athletic department scheduling these two tough games in the same season. Were there injuries?

clenz
September 19th, 2011, 05:43 PM
So...you've never had injuries against WIU, UNI, SDSU, NDSU, YSU, ISUR, ISUB, etc...?

Houndawg
September 19th, 2011, 05:54 PM
So...you've never had injuries against WIU, UNI, SDSU, NDSU, YSU, ISUR, ISUB, etc...?

xrolleyesx Yeah, that's what he said.

BearsCountry
September 19th, 2011, 06:42 PM
Nothing too major, or thats what Terry Allen said.

PantherRob82
September 19th, 2011, 07:08 PM
Nothing too major, or thats what Terry Allen said.

Are you sure? You played Arkansas and Oregon in the same year.

Saluki Fan in FL
September 20th, 2011, 11:19 AM
Pickard and Swanson may or may not face MO State on Sat. Just for reference... they got injured playing Ole Miss "two" weeks ago? There's a reason we like to schedule a week off following an FBS opponent.

Thanks BearsCountry for answering.