PDA

View Full Version : UT Chatty @ App. State

FCS_pwns_FBS
September 18th, 2011, 09:34 AM
Yeah, I'm starting this one now. Time to find out what both of these teams are made of.

In Boone I'll take the mountain dudes 28-24.

Gil Dobie
September 18th, 2011, 09:43 AM
Picking App St by 10 at home.

Milktruck74
September 18th, 2011, 09:50 AM
Based on what I've seen the past two weeks, App's pass rush and run defense is almost non-existant and that plays well into Chatty's strengths. I think App is Down (somewhere between 8-13) this year and obviously Chattanooga is stronger than they have been in years, I feel it is about as even a match as we have seen from these two. My heart says Chatty walks the dog, but my head tells me App pulls out a close one. Advantage: THE ROCK. App 31-28.

chattownmocs
September 18th, 2011, 10:24 AM
Lets not kid ourselves. The balance of power can change in a heartbeat. Which is a testament to App State that they have stayed on top for so long. But those who just cant believe that Chattanooga could roll into "The rock" and win, are going to be in for a rude awakening. Or maybe a pleasant. The fact of the matter is, chattanooga is a better football. A complete team. And not just that, they are more talented team. Chattanooga has played in much more intimidating enviroments that that. They are going to feed off of it, and win the game in a big way.

oldsouthernman
September 18th, 2011, 10:31 AM
Chattanooga 31 App 20. Mocs have speed to burn on defense. CRH has said this is the fastest defense that he has ever been around. The future looks very bright as the Mocs are playing a ton of freshman and sophs. It will be a great atmposphere and App is so hard to beat,especially at home. Their players, coaches and fans all expect to win every game. BJ Coleman will have a huge game and the Mocs win for the first time in KBS since 1983 iirc.

Mntneer
September 18th, 2011, 10:37 AM
...The fact of the matter is, chattanooga is a better football. A complete team. And not just that, they are more talented team...

Who's kidding themselves again? This game could easily be close, and Chatty may manage to pull off the win. But this statement is just pure homer-ism.

chattownmocs
September 18th, 2011, 10:45 AM
Who's kidding themselves again? This game could easily be close, and Chatty may manage to pull off the win. But this statement is just pure homer-ism.

No, its really not.

SideLine Shooter
September 18th, 2011, 10:48 AM
I think Noogie has a chip on their shoulder from last years TOTAL MELTDOWN in the 4th qtr. They may be the better team at this point. ASU is very young. Noogie by 21. Hell, let's go ahead and give them the National Championship!!!

Grizzaholic
September 18th, 2011, 10:57 AM
App St. rolls

theasushow
September 18th, 2011, 11:05 AM
Based on what I've seen the past two weeks, App's pass rush and run defense is almost non-existant and that plays well into Chatty's strengths. I think App is Down (somewhere between 8-13) this year and obviously Chattanooga is stronger than they have been in years, I feel it is about as even a match as we have seen from these two. My heart says Chatty walks the dog, but my head tells me App pulls out a close one. Advantage: THE ROCK. App 31-28.

Run defense non existent the past 2 weeks? they gave up 41 rushing yards yesterday. I know it was against inferior competition, but I dont think that is going to be a weakness, I am much more worried about pass defense.

Milktruck74
September 18th, 2011, 11:12 AM
Run defense non existent the past 2 weeks? they gave up 41 rushing yards yesterday. I know it was against inferior competition, but I dont think that is going to be a weakness, I am much more worried about pass defense.

Don't throw the "C" word arround so loosely....Sav St. and Competition shouldn't really be in the same sentence. If App can't get a pass rush going, BJ will have a field day, and the Mocs could come out on top.

biggie
September 18th, 2011, 11:55 AM
Based on what I've seen and if 2 D players (suspension) and TE Jorden (injury) are still out, I'll say UTC easily.

I have to hope/know that we haven't showed much on either side of the ball yet though.

asumike83
September 18th, 2011, 01:31 PM
I have to hope/know that we haven't showed much on either side of the ball yet though.

The coaches haven't shown anything on offense, kept it pretty vanilla. I think we open the playbook against Chattanooga and pull out a close one. They are a good team and one that will obviously be taken seriously, so I expect the defense to give some different looks as well. I like ASU 35-31.

gomocs82
September 18th, 2011, 01:37 PM
If the team rules they violated were not significant, I predict they get absolution and play this week vs a tough SoCon opponent. The Mocs defense is better than last year, and offense is at least as good as last year. Mocs are a legitimate playoff contended and SoCon championship contender. Playoffs are obviously more likely than SoCon Champions. Good news for Moc fans...over half of the starters are RS-FR or SO, and about 16 or 17 starters return next year...of course 2 of the players we lose are Bradford and Coleman (only 2 on offense, but a big 2)..

AppStsGr8
September 18th, 2011, 01:39 PM
The biggest issue I've seen with Appalachian this year is definitely the defense. Is it that the secondary's weak, or is it that App's not putting much pressure on the quarterback? I know I've seen changes each week and am hopeful that the continued coaching this week has App ready for UTC on Saturday. I won't be making any predictions on this one. I will be in my seat or on my feet yelling for another Mountaineer win.

App-a-latch-un
September 18th, 2011, 01:40 PM
It's THE ROCK, gotta give it to App

Mountaineer#96
September 18th, 2011, 02:04 PM
Lets not kid ourselves. The balance of power can change in a heartbeat. Which is a testament to App State that they have stayed on top for so long. But those who just cant believe that Chattanooga could roll into "The rock" and win, are going to be in for a rude awakening. Or maybe a pleasant. The fact of the matter is, chattanooga is a better football. A complete team. And not just that, they are more talented team. Chattanooga has played in much more intimidating enviroments that that. They are going to feed off of it, and win the game in a big way.

Lets not let you kid us........you are the reason why other Mocs fans come here and state I'm not all homer-fan like chattownmocs in order to at least talk educated football. Your own fan base has distanced themselves from your flame starting, non-fact stating, and rambling posts.

If chattownmocs goes to the game: ASU-42 Chatty- 10 (a very unpleasant experience)

If he stays under his bridge: ASU- 31 Chatty-28

lknspider
September 18th, 2011, 02:12 PM
Coach Huesman and the Mocs get the win in 2011. 2008....Huesman's defense at Richmond stopped ASU's offense for the playoff win at Boone......2009 first year at Chattanooga with the leftover team....his MOC's are only down one point in the 4th Qtr.......last year with mostly left overs....the MOCs miss a 2pt extra point going for the win at end of the game. 2011.......MOCS win the game. This will be a signature win for Coach Huesman.

I-16Bandit
September 18th, 2011, 02:40 PM
App. State in a close one.

Apphole
September 18th, 2011, 05:09 PM
I hate to say this, because it makes us seem complacent, but we spent the last week preparing for UTC. That is why we didn't hang 70 on Savannah State. I think Huesman comes ready to play, but his team can't weather the storm. KBS does it's magic on BJ Coleman and he chokes again. Chatty up at the half but App rolls by 14. If Gainey, Tanyi and Jordan are still out we could lose it though.

chattownmocs
September 18th, 2011, 05:23 PM
I hate to say this, because it makes us seem complacent, but we spent the last week preparing for UTC. That is why we didn't hang 70 on Savannah State. I think Huesman comes ready to play, but his team can't weather the storm. KBS does it's magic on BJ Coleman and he chokes again. Chatty up at the half but App rolls by 14. If Gainey, Tanyi and Jordan are still out we could lose it though.

Thats funny why didnt you vote 10+ then? Yeah, you are an idiot.

Apphole
September 18th, 2011, 06:25 PM
Thats funny why didnt you vote 10+ then? Yeah, you are an idiot.

Because I don't think Tanyi and Gainey will be back. And hundreds of people on this website call you an idiot every day so I don't feel too insulted with that one. Please tell me you're coming to The Rock next Saturday. Or are you worried it will put the lame, UTC Gameday experience in perspective?

gasoutherneagle
September 18th, 2011, 06:32 PM
I HATE, absolutely HATE, CrAppy State! But, Nooga is gonna get a whippin' and a half! xasswhipx

Milktruck74
September 18th, 2011, 06:45 PM
Trying to look at this game without bias (disclosure: I AM a Moc fan), I am having a hard time figuring it all out. We kind of know what Chatty has, and they are pretty good. However, ASU hasn't revealed anything yet:

Va Tech - A horrible loss, expected, but horrible. Is that the true ASU team? I doubt it. Did moral get busted early? Probably. Did App "beat themselves" in this game? Sorry DP, NO, you got whipped. And Week one revealed nothing.

A&T - So App thumped a less than D2 team (25 schollys is less than D2). Did this game reveal anything about App? NO

Savannah St - Refer to week 2.

So I say all this to say....there is no way any of us can make an EDUCATED Prediction about this game, based on this years teams.

And, GO MOCS!!!!!!

james_lawfirm
September 18th, 2011, 06:49 PM
I HATE, absolutely HATE, CrAppy State! But, Nooga is gonna get a whippin' and a half! xasswhipx

If ever there was a left-handed compliment, this is it. Thank you, and same to ya'.

chattownmocs
September 18th, 2011, 07:10 PM

Thats sad that you are already making excuses. You are going to lose by double digits either way.

chattownmocs
September 18th, 2011, 07:11 PM
Because I don't think Tanyi and Gainey will be back. And hundreds of people on this website call you an idiot every day so I don't feel too insulted with that one. Please tell me you're coming to The Rock next Saturday. Or are you worried it will put the lame, UTC Gameday experience in perspective?

Well at least after your loss you will still have the gameday experience to hold on to. Or will you? Doubt anyone will care after your program sinks into irrelevancy.

Grizzaholic
September 18th, 2011, 07:14 PM
Well at least after your loss you will still have the gameday experience to hold on to. Or will you? Doubt anyone will care after your program sinks into irrelevancy.

OK JBB.

Horseshoe App
September 18th, 2011, 07:19 PM
Thats sad that you are already making excuses. You are going to lose by double digits either way.

Keep talking. Do you prefer ketchup, mayo or mustard with your crow? :)
In all seriousness, I do not know what to expect out of ASU. I which I had the confidence in my team that you have in yours, but I don't. Our Offensive line is a downright mystery right now. Our defense has seemed uninspired at times. I really think we have made everything so vanilla to this point that no one has a clear view on us. I guess we will find out on Saturday.

Grizzaholic
September 18th, 2011, 07:22 PM
Keep talking. Do you prefer ketchup, mayo or mustard with your crow? :)
In all seriousness, I do not know what to expect out of ASU. I which I had the confidence in my team that you have in yours, but I don't. Our Offensive line is a downright mystery right now. Our defense has seemed uninspired at times. I really think we have made everything so vanilla to this point that no one has a clear view on us. I guess we will find out on Saturday.

I have a plate right here and am ready to dish it up however it is preferred.

http://redheadwriting.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/11/iStock_000014734522XSmall-300x199.jpg

elkinftball2002
September 18th, 2011, 08:07 PM
expect both tanyi and gainey to miss this game also

SoCon48
September 18th, 2011, 09:53 PM
I'm an App fan and I have a lot of fear for the Apps going into this game. I hate to pick against my own team, but I'm thinking UT-C by 7.

Milktruck74
September 19th, 2011, 06:45 AM
Looks like the Mocs are Full Strength. RB JJ Jackson will be back for the App Game. Although, we didn't miss him that much with Auwah and Green taking over the last few weeks.

Civil Discourse
September 19th, 2011, 06:47 AM
Reality! The Mocs have come a long ways the last two years, but, look at the facts. App at home, longstanding history of domination over UTC,

App has sandbagged the last two games with cupcakes, all to get to this game. App has revenge on it's mind for last year, Mocs lost that game, gave it to App. Mocs could not finish last year and App could!

Bottom line, game changer is injuries, Mocs have many! App by 11, td two points fg, it hurts but Injuries, young players, mistakes kill the Mocs. App fans and team have NO worries!

GaSouthern
September 19th, 2011, 07:23 AM
Appy takes advantage of University of Tennessee Chattanooga mistakes and wins by 14

appfan2008
September 19th, 2011, 07:29 AM
this will be a tough game... if our secondary plays like they did saturday WE WILL LOSE

olejack
September 19th, 2011, 07:30 AM
Obviously this will be the defining game of the season thus far for both teams. Civils post about the Mocs having come a long way hits it spot on but only until we can knock off the perrenial powerhouse in the conference can we get over the hump of being a top program. I keep hearing that Gainey and I believe 2 other starting db"s will be out. I'm wondering if that's really the case. I'm sure the Mocs are preparing for the regular starters. Gainey was very impressive to me in the VT game. As good as the Mocs have been on defense this year I worry about the expolsiveness of Apps offense with Pressley and Quick. Quicks NFL type size and speed is going to be a matchup problem for the Mocs. I'm thinking a shootout with App edging out the Mocs 35-31 because of the home field advantage. I so hope I'm wrong though. Really looking foward to being at The Rock and hoping for a great injury free slobberknocker. Go Mocs!

Go Apps
September 19th, 2011, 07:38 AM
Been to both of Apps last two weeks and all I can say is that we have no secondary - we struggle to get to the QB and they have too much time and are finding wide open receivers. Learning that Tanyi, Gainey, and Ben Jordan are all out really sets us back. Bright spot appears to be special teams and the kicking game. The other bright spot appears we look to be pretty good against the run, but pass defense is a huge problem. It appears we never play man to man on the pass D and we are giving up lots of yardage.

As for the offense we can score but we are not crisp and seem to be uninterested at times..my only hope is that Jerry Moore has yet to show his hand..Prediction it is what I think it is a undermaned team with not enough speed - this perhaps will be the toughest game of the year as we face the best passing team in the SoCon - I think it gets ugly -

UTC - 45
ASU - 24

longtimemocfan
September 19th, 2011, 09:08 AM
expect both tanyi and gainey to miss this game also

I guess we won't know for sure until Saturday.

ASUMountaineer
September 19th, 2011, 09:10 AM
Been to both of Apps last two weeks and all I can say is that we have no secondary - we struggle to get to the QB and they have too much time and are finding wide open receivers. Learning that Tanyi, Gainey, and Ben Jordan are all out really sets us back. Bright spot appears to be special teams and the kicking game. The other bright spot appears we look to be pretty good against the run, but pass defense is a huge problem. It appears we never play man to man on the pass D and we are giving up lots of yardage.

As for the offense we can score but we are not crisp and seem to be uninterested at times..my only hope is that Jerry Moore has yet to show his hand..Prediction it is what I think it is a undermaned team with not enough speed - this perhaps will be the toughest game of the year as we face the best passing team in the SoCon - I think it gets ugly -

UTC - 45
ASU - 24

All reports say Jorden is expected to be 100% for this week's game...he dressed Saturday but didn't play. That puts away one of your worries. The suspensions, to my knowledge, have not been decided on for this week's game. Some are saying they will be suspended this week, but it's not official. We shall see. I never make predictions for ASU games and I won't start now...I just hope to see a huge, loud crowd and ASU to come out like they did against WoCo last year and Elon in 2009.

longtimemocfan
September 19th, 2011, 09:12 AM
Expect this game to be hard fought. Can only hope for a Moc win. You have to make App the favorite here until we prove otherwise.

Smitty
September 19th, 2011, 09:23 AM
I find both teams are good and almost even, but the fan base is annoying so I am hoping they both come out with a loss. Don't tell me technically it can't happen, just a bunch of excuses...

chattownmocs
September 19th, 2011, 09:36 AM
I find both teams are good and almost even, but the fan base is annoying so I am hoping they both come out with a loss. Don't tell me technically it can't happen, just a bunch of excuses...

There is nothing more annoying that your sig pic. If anyone says I am more annoying than that, they are lying.

Apphole
September 19th, 2011, 09:51 AM
There is nothing more annoying that your sig pic. If anyone says I am more annoying than that, they are lying.

The FALLACY in your signature is way more annoying.

Smitty
September 19th, 2011, 09:51 AM

Sorry you can't handle my dead sexy legs...

Any takers on who is more annoying?

ThompsonThe
September 19th, 2011, 10:41 AM
Any Given Saturday................don't know where I heard that phrase, but kind of catchy.
I am not sure anyone has seen Appalachian play this year, even if you went to the games.
Have no idea how good, or bad, they are.

Guess we will have to wait and see. UTC fans seem to think they have a good team.
Guess that makes us the underdogs. OK. Can live with that.

Prediction: Appalachian State 48 - UT Chatty 34

SpeedkingATL
September 19th, 2011, 10:49 AM
App wins 41-40 because UTC misses 2 extra point kicks and a chip shot field goal as time expires.

Mountaineer#96
September 19th, 2011, 11:04 AM

For once I agree with this guy...........;)

GaSouthern
September 19th, 2011, 11:34 AM
App wins 41-40 because UTC misses 2 extra point kicks and a chip shot field goal as time expires.

That'd be gut wrenching, I like it.

chattownmocs
September 19th, 2011, 11:36 AM
Chattanooga aint giving up 30+ to anyone in conference play. 35-24 Mocs!!!

Waco Kid
September 19th, 2011, 11:39 AM
I'm picking UTC to slip by the Apps in a shoot out. Our pass defense has been nonexistent the first 3 weeks against less than stellar passing teams. Yes I know we played VT, but Thomas is not a good passing QB. Might be a case of last team with the ball wins.

Apphole
September 19th, 2011, 11:42 AM
Chattanooga aint giving up 30+ to anyone in conference play

Have you SEEN the App State offense in conference play?!?!

chattownmocs
September 19th, 2011, 11:43 AM
I know that the appy fans would love to think this is going to be a shootout since they have no confidence in their D, but Chattanooga's D is no joke.

Apphole
I'm picking UTC to slip by the Apps in a shoot out. Our pass defense has been nonexistent the first 3 weeks against less than stellar passing teams. Yes I know we played VT, but Thomas is not a good passing QB. Might be a case of last team with the ball wins.

I just farted and a little chattownmocs slipped out

chattownmocs
Have you SEEN the App State offense in conference play?!?!

I dont need to, Ive seen the Mocs D.

chattownmocs
September 19th, 2011, 11:44 AM

Wow that was funny................

SideLine Shooter
September 19th, 2011, 11:45 AM

Me too!!

Reign of Terrier
September 19th, 2011, 11:50 AM
When push comes to shove, App performs to its best in big games at home. Case and point: the three-peat, against Wofford in '08/10, Elon in 09, and that amazing home win streak of which they've only dropped about 2 or 3 home conference games in the last 6 or so years. I picked Chatty in a close one. I think this could be the year that App gets knocked off the mountain. We'll know how good they are for sure on October 2nd. The season pretty much is riding on those 2 games; drop one of them, they have a chance, drop both of them and things look grim, win both of them and they make a statement.

AppMAN04
September 19th, 2011, 11:56 AM
This will not even be close at the end of the game.. Seriously UTC is not ready yet... And all of this silly talk is ridiculous.. If it were GASO or another powerhouse then I would be worried

MOUNTAINEERS- 37

Varsity Blues MOCS- 17

Reign of Terrier
September 19th, 2011, 11:58 AM
I honestly think it's unrealistic to predict either team to score less than 20 or 24 points

GaSouthern
September 19th, 2011, 12:03 PM
I honestly think it's unrealistic to predict either team to score less than 20 or 24 points

If they were playing anywhere but Boone or Statesboro I would agree, but they are playing at the freaking rock, nobody gets out alive

chattownmocs
September 19th, 2011, 12:05 PM
Lets see Chattanooga played in Lincoln Nebraska this year, Auburn Alabama the year before, and Tuscaloosa alabama 2 years ago. oh noes, not a rock.

chattownmocs
September 19th, 2011, 12:11 PM
Russ Huesman's "stonewall defense" has finally arrived in Chattanooga. And may have a statement to make this weekend. My 24 point prediction for ASU, may be much too generous.

Reign of Terrier
September 19th, 2011, 12:15 PM
If they were playing anywhere but Boone or Statesboro I would agree, but they are playing at the freaking rock, nobody gets out alive
Yes but Chatty will score 20, I'm sure of it

Lets see Chattanooga played in Lincoln Nebraska this year, Auburn Alabama the year before, and Tuscaloosa alabama 2 years ago. oh noes, not a rock. and Wofford played at Williams-Brice, Death Valley, Missoula, and Paulson like it was our back yard but we've been outscored 113-37 the last 2 times at the rock.....both times being pretty much the conference championship games. When push comes to shove, App comes to play, they haven't lost a conference game by more than a touchdown since 2001. If you can win at Boone, you're a playoff team with great potential.

GaSouthern
September 19th, 2011, 12:16 PM
Lets see Chattanooga played in Lincoln Nebraska this year, Auburn Alabama the year before, and Tuscaloosa alabama 2 years ago. oh noes, not a rock.

Um, the last time y'all won there (1983) most of your students were not even born yet. I think UT-C is 3-14 at the rock, i'd be worried.

asumike83
September 19th, 2011, 12:21 PM
At this point, we know absolutely nothing about ASU. After being beaten badly by VT, we have played two glorified scrimmages to get gate revenue. In the past two games, the ASU coaching staff has showed absolutely nothing in our offense so that other SoCon teams have less tape to use for preparation. Chattanooga has played better competition and is the more tested team but as stated earlier, ASU plays their best in big games at home. Even though this is only the 1st SoCon game, it IS a big game and the team knows it. If they respond like I'm accustomed to our teams responding, we will come out on top. This game will be an indicator of where the balance of power is in the conference. I like ASU in a tight one, we've only lost 3 SoCon games in Boone since 1998 for a reason. Should be a great game, you know the UT-C boys will be fired up for revenge.

chattownmocs
September 19th, 2011, 12:21 PM
Um, the last time y'all won there (1983) most of your students were not even born yet. I think UT-C is 3-14 at the rock, i'd be worried.

This is the best Chattanooga team to go there since probably before 1983. Why would that worry me? Dont be stupid. Try to use sound logic.

asumike83
September 19th, 2011, 12:26 PM

Do you really think getting blown out by big FBS schools is helpful playing on the road in conference? Almost every FCS school plays one of the big boys every year. Playing Auburn sure didn't stop you guys from *****ting your pants in Spartanburg last year, and the environment in Boone is a lot tougher than that.

Before you say it, I know, it was last year. Last year doesn't matter... except those FBS games you played 1-2 years ago?

Reign of Terrier
September 19th, 2011, 12:32 PM
App has only lost 11 home games to conference opponents under current head coach Jerry Moore (1989). 21 since 1980.

I believe that is the definition of home field advantage

asumike83
September 19th, 2011, 12:35 PM
App has only lost 11 home games to conference opponents under current head coach Jerry Moore (1989). 21 since 1980.

I believe that is the definition of home field advantage

Even more so recently. 3 losses at home to SoCon opponents since '98 and an overall record of 57-4 our last 61 home games. If Chatty gets out of Boone with a win, I'll be the first to congratulate them.

chattanoogamocs
September 19th, 2011, 12:55 PM
Do you really think getting blown out by big FBS schools is helpful playing on the road in conference? Almost every FCS school plays one of the big boys every year. Playing Auburn sure didn't stop you guys from *****ting your pants in Spartanburg last year, and the environment in Boone is a lot tougher than that.

Before you say it, I know, it was last year. Last year doesn't matter... except those FBS games you played 1-2 years ago?

I think the point is, Chattanooga is not going to be intimidated by a large, loud, crowd.

And your Wofford analogy is pointless. If your argument is about "environment", well, Wofford doesn't have much to speak of (besides manicured lawns and pre-recorded music).

As I have said multiple times, it will take a near perfect game for the Mocs to get a win in Boone (any team has to be near perfect to get a win at the Rock)

asumike83
September 19th, 2011, 01:22 PM
I think the point is, Chattanooga is not going to be intimidated by a large, loud, crowd.

And your Wofford analogy is pointless. If your argument is about "environment", well, Wofford doesn't have much to speak of (besides manicured lawns and pre-recorded music).

As I have said multiple times, it will take a near perfect game for the Mocs to get a win in Boone (any team has to be near perfect to get a win at the Rock)

I understand what he was saying, I just disagree. How does getting blown out in front of 70-90K prove you won't be intimidated by a large crowd? The team obviously didn't hold up in front of a large crowd the first time. I am not singling out UT-C in that assessment either, the same goes for ASU when we go on the road in conference.

That was exactly the point of my Wofford reference. If playing Auburn really prepared the team for any road environment, you'd think Spartanburg would be a walk in the park. A blowout loss to an FBS team does have it's benefits. Those benefits are a nice payday and the chance to compete against the best to see what you need to work on most. One thing it does not do is prepare your team to play on the road in a meaningful game against a conference rival.

chattownmocs
September 19th, 2011, 02:13 PM
I understand what he was saying, I just disagree. How does getting blown out in front of 70-90K prove you won't be intimidated by a large crowd? The team obviously didn't hold up in front of a large crowd the first time. I am not singling out UT-C in that assessment either, the same goes for ASU when we go on the road in conference.

That was exactly the point of my Wofford reference. If playing Auburn really prepared the team for any road environment, you'd think Spartanburg would be a walk in the park. A blowout loss to an FBS team does have it's benefits. Those benefits are a nice payday and the chance to compete against the best to see what you need to work on most. One thing it does not do is prepare your team to play on the road in a meaningful game against a conference rival.

I dont think that Chattanooga losing to Wofford last year had a whole lot to do with the enviroment. Be serious. A blowout loss in a tough enviroment hardens the resolve of a football team. To pretend it doesnt is hilarious. The mocs were outmanned but were not intimidated in Lincoln Nebraska. The score was not competitive bu the majority of plays inside the game were. You dont walk into the sea of Red and play your game and then pee your pants in "the rock" The better football team will win the game. End of story.

ASUG8
September 19th, 2011, 02:20 PM
I dont think that Chattanooga losing to Wofford last year had a whole lot to do with the enviroment. Be serious. A blowout loss in a tough enviroment hardens the resolve of a football team. To pretend it doesnt is hilarious. The mocs were outmanned but were not intimidated in Lincoln Nebraska. The score was not competitive bu the majority of plays inside the game were. You dont walk into the sea of Red and play your game and then pee your pants in "the rock" The better football team will win the game. End of story.

Fair enough post - that's why we play the game. ASU wins in front of 105K in '07 then loses to WoCo in Spartanburg the following week, which is an apt demonstration that you gotta bring it every week. I worry about this game because I really don't know which ASU team shows up - the suspensions scare me a bit because we seem to be tenuous on defense already, but I think the offense will definitely get their points. App has to spend a lot of time looking at last year's Chatty tape to see what can be done to shut down BJ or at least mitigate the passing game. This week will show a lot about both teams, and will hopefully be as entertaining as last year.

asumike83
September 19th, 2011, 02:20 PM
A blowout loss in a tough enviroment hardens the resolve of a football team. To pretend it doesnt is hilarious.

I guess that 'hardened resolve' gained by being blown out in a tough environment just took a break the next week when your season was on the line against Wofford?

chattownmocs
September 19th, 2011, 02:25 PM
I guess that 'hardened resolve' gained by being blown out in a tough environment just took a break the next week when your season was on the line against Wofford?

Sure there is a home field advantage, not because Chattanooga is going to be scared, but because the crowd is going to pump your players up. That is where the homefield advantage lies. And Chattanooga didnt lose to Wofford because of the enviroment, once again. Lets be real. Chattanooga wasnt ready to win that game. But this is a new year.

blueballs
September 19th, 2011, 02:27 PM

No they're not.

asumike83
September 19th, 2011, 02:31 PM
Sure there is a home field advantage, not because Chattanooga is going to be scared, but because the crowd is going to pump your players up. That is where the homefield advantage lies. And Chattanooga didnt lose to Wofford because of the enviroment, once again. Lets be real. Chattanooga wasnt ready to win that game. But this is a new year.

Agreed, I don't think the environment had anything to do with why they lost to Wofford. They were not ready and didn't appear to play with much confidence, which is why I can't see how being blow out by Auburn helped them at all.

I don't think Chatty will be scared. Quite the opposite, they'll be pumped up to get a shot at the defending champs in their house and try to exact some revenge. It is definitely a new year and I'm not blind enough to think that ASU is not vulnerable. I do like our chances at home though.

Civil Discourse
September 19th, 2011, 07:54 PM
Situation regarding available starters gets worse for Chatty as another starter is out. Injuries, misfortune are turning this game into all App. Line should give App three touchdown favorite as Mocs suffer to shift second and third string players into starting positions. It looks bad for Mocs, really bad!

boonegoon
September 19th, 2011, 08:09 PM
Situation regarding available starters gets worse for Chatty as another starter is out. Injuries, misfortune are turning this game into all App. Line should give App three touchdown favorite as Mocs suffer to shift second and third string players into starting positions. It looks bad for Mocs, really bad!

Why? Who is out? I think this is going to be a close one. I hope it goes the way of Elon hype and all but our D isn't very good and our O hasn't shown me much. I hope we light the up Go Apps.

PhoenixMan
September 19th, 2011, 08:11 PM
The App St. D-line and LB's put a lot of pressure on Coleman, and it goes poorly for UTC. App St. 45-10

MaxASU'81
September 19th, 2011, 08:12 PM
...I just hope to see a huge, loud crowd and ASU to come out like they did against WoCo last year and Elon in 2009.

Now that we can all agree upon!

Civil Discourse
September 19th, 2011, 08:27 PM
Why? Who is out? I think this is going to be a close one. I hope it goes the way of Elon hype and all but our D isn't very good and our O hasn't shown me much. I hope we light the up Go Apps.

Just go and look at the Times online latest article and others! App has easy time of it.

Milktruck74
September 19th, 2011, 08:29 PM
The App St. D-line and LB's put a lot of pressure on Coleman, and it goes poorly for UTC. App St. 45-10

Maybe they will, but it will be the first time all season they have put pressure on anybody.

ursus arctos horribilis
September 19th, 2011, 08:53 PM
In spite of the home field advantage and based only on seeing the teams play their respective FBS opponents so far I have to go with the Mocs over App in this one.

Chatty 24
Apps 20

Skjellyfetti
September 19th, 2011, 08:54 PM
I just hope to see a huge, loud crowd and ASU to come out like they did against WoCo last year and Elon in 2009.

First two crowds have been disappointing. Hopefully they've been saving up for SoCon games to start.

All seats are sold out. Grass tickets only still available. I think the Rock will be rockin'. 30k+ :D

Skjellyfetti
September 19th, 2011, 08:56 PM
Maybe they will, but it will be the first time all season they have put pressure on anybody.

I don't think we've seen much of our blitz packages at all. You'll a lot more this weekend, imo.

And, Chattanooga and App are both currently tied at 7 sacks on the season so far.

Ivytalk
September 19th, 2011, 09:03 PM
Yeah, I'm starting this one now. Time to find out what both of these teams are made of.

In Boone I'll take the mountain dudes 28-24.

I think this will be close, too. Hoping for a Moc win, but I think they'll fall short.

T-Dog
September 19th, 2011, 09:25 PM
Even more so recently. 3 losses at home to SoCon opponents since '98 and an overall record of 57-4 our last 61 home games. If Chatty gets out of Boone with a win, I'll be the first to congratulate them.

And those losses were to 2000 National Champs Georgia Southern, 2002 Wofford and the 2007 Georgia Southern Fighting Jayson Fosters.

Eagle22
September 19th, 2011, 09:27 PM
And those losses were to 2000 National Champs Georgia Southern, 2002 Wofford and the 2007 Georgia Southern Fighting Jayson Fosters.

That would have been PJ's 2001 GSU team .... just a minor correction, since we played you guys in Paulson in 2000.

asumike83
September 19th, 2011, 09:29 PM

Not exactly, the ASU defense racked up 6 sacks on Saturday. Obviously the O-Line at SSU is nothing like what Chattanooga brings to the table, but they had only given up 1 sack despite being blown out in their 2 previous games. Whether it ends up carrying forward to higher caliber competition remains to be seen, but we have a couple of very athletic freshmen on the line that appear to be making strides.

AtlantaMountaineer
September 19th, 2011, 11:03 PM

Sandbagger Alert!!! New Moc fan coming out of the woodworks. One suspension and one turned ankle is all I could find on the Chatty paper. Confirmed by another Moc poster on the Mountaineer Message Board.

Milktruck74
September 20th, 2011, 03:57 AM
Suspension may not hold. Player was arrested for a Sept 6 incident, Coach and AD sitting down with involved parties to determine the players status..... He is still innocent until proven guilty, and according to my source, many witnesses say not guilty, and "victim" is not credible....holding grudge.

I-16Bandit
September 20th, 2011, 04:16 AM

Now that is just damn funny right there.

Civil Discourse
September 20th, 2011, 06:38 AM
Sandbagger Alert!!! New Moc fan coming out of the woodworks. One suspension and one turned ankle is all I could find on the Chatty paper. Confirmed by another Moc poster on the Mountaineer Message Board.

Not Sandbagging, just telling the truth. In Chatty some things are kept quiet, don't hit paper. Watch Moc players as they come onto field, check names and numbers, especially hobbling players. Looks like it will be very difficult to get a full roster to App. Trust me, these Mocs will give it their best, they are a proud bunch, it's just that the ranks have been thinned and inexperience will prevail. On the bright died, Mocs stand to get better as year goes by and overall this program is on a great path to the future. However, this Saturday App gets a big ole gift, put the Mocs at full strength and Mocs win a close one!

GaSouthern
September 20th, 2011, 07:03 AM
Fully expecting a beat down in boone this weekend at the hands of Moore.

GunsAndGuitars
September 20th, 2011, 07:16 AM
Fully expecting a beat down in boone this weekend at the hands of Moore.

Unless he has something previously unseen up his sleeve, I wouldn't bother getting my hopes that high. Win goes to the home team just because it's difficult to win in Boone but as for blowout or close call, I'll take the latter for now but I'll hope for the previous come Saturday.

chattownmocs
September 20th, 2011, 07:23 AM
Not Sandbagging, just telling the truth. In Chatty some things are kept quiet, don't hit paper. Watch Moc players as they come onto field, check names and numbers, especially hobbling players. Looks like it will be very difficult to get a full roster to App. Trust me, these Mocs will give it their best, they are a proud bunch, it's just that the ranks have been thinned and inexperience will prevail. On the bright died, Mocs stand to get better as year goes by and overall this program is on a great path to the future. However, this Saturday App gets a big ole gift, put the Mocs at full strength and Mocs win a close one!

Who are these injuries. Jackson and Davison shoud be back. Awuah is probably going to play. Reed will probably be suspended. But we got tons of pressure from our 4 D-lineman last week. Which was without Davison. 3 freshman and a junior last week. + Davison, - Reed I like our D line better. So who are the other injuries.

Mountaineer#96
September 20th, 2011, 08:00 AM
Suspension may not hold. Player was arrested for a Sept 6 incident, Coach and AD sitting down with involved parties to determine the players status..... He is still innocent until proven guilty, and according to my source, many witnesses say not guilty, and "victim" is not credible....holding grudge.

Oh the Speculation! The Unseen Sources! The Rumor Mills! Oh my!
The Charges! The Suspensions! The Twisted Ankles! Oh my!

I have sources too, one of them said App got invited to be the 13th team to the SEC and are just waiting for the right moment to announce it. Should I post it as a sticky? I can't stand when someone posts, "according to my source"......like you and him are in some back alley by the stadium in trench coats exchanging information.

chattownmocs
September 20th, 2011, 08:05 AM
Oh the Speculation! The Unseen Sources! The Rumor Mills! Oh my!
The Charges! The Suspensions! The Twisted Ankles! Oh my!

I have sources too, one of them said App got invited to be the 13th team to the SEC and are just waiting for the right moment to announce it. Should I post it as a sticky? I can't stand when someone posts, "according to my source"......like you and him are in some back alley by the stadium in trench coats exchanging information.

Texas A&M is already been added as the 13th team.

Mountaineer#96
September 20th, 2011, 08:15 AM

Seriously? It was a sarcastic joke.............xeyebrowx

I'm not amazed that you can't understand that although, just using your other worthless posts as evidence.

Appstate03
September 20th, 2011, 08:58 AM

Not yet they haven't.

ASUMountaineer
September 20th, 2011, 09:52 AM
First two crowds have been disappointing. Hopefully they've been saving up for SoCon games to start.

All seats are sold out. Grass tickets only still available. I think the Rock will be rockin'. 30k+ :D

I think you could be right Jelly. I'll definitely have to break out App Bush for this one! xlolx

UCMoc
September 20th, 2011, 10:02 AM
So, out of curiosity, is it a bad idea for fans of the opposing team to sit in the grass seats? I wasn't expecting to make it, but now it looks like I might.

TheRevSFA
September 20th, 2011, 10:17 AM
App state by 7.

Skjellyfetti
September 20th, 2011, 10:21 AM
So, out of curiosity, is it a bad idea for fans of the opposing team to sit in the grass seats? I wasn't expecting to make it, but now it looks like I might.

I hope you would be treated decently. Especially for a game that will be packed like this one... there's no guarantee you won't have the obnoxious drunk encounters on the hill, unfortunately.

If I were you... I would do my best to find an extra ticket from a Chattanooga fan in the visitor section... or... buy a grass ticket and then sit as close to the top in the general admission section in 217 or 218 as you can (it's student seating... but, usually pretty calm as far as the general admission areas will go). Better view and less abrasive drunks there.

http://oi52.tinypic.com/jhzojr.jpg

Mikeyosef
September 20th, 2011, 10:38 AM
I hope you would be treated decently. Especially for a game that will be packed like this one... there's no guarantee you won't have the obnoxious drunk encounters on the hill, unfortunately.

If I were you... I would do my best to find an extra ticket from a Chattanooga fan in the visitor section... or... buy a grass ticket and then sit as close to the top in the general admission section in 217 or 218 as you can (it's student seating... but, usually pretty calm as far as the general admission areas will go). Better view and less abrasive drunks there.

http://oi52.tinypic.com/jhzojr.jpg

You should be fine it's not a bad view from there and our fans are generally pretty good. Just read comments from past winners and losers at the Rock, most are very comlimentary of our fans welcome before, during and after the game. You could sit next to a drunk a**hole but the nice thing about the grass is, you can easily move elsewhere.

UCMoc
September 20th, 2011, 10:42 AM
You should be fine it's not a bad view from there and our fans are generally pretty good. Just read comments from past winners and losers at the Rock, most are very comlimentary of our fans welcome before, during and after the game. You could sit next to a drunk a**hole but the nice thing about the grass is, you can easily move elsewhere.

Are you actually able to sit? I ask this because if my daughter had to stand the whole time, it would limit my enjoyment.

boonegoon
September 20th, 2011, 11:13 AM
Are you actually able to sit? I ask this because if my daughter had to stand the whole time, it would limit my enjoyment.

Yes, you can sit. It is a heavily trafficked area though. I was there Saturday and the area near visitor seats that were circled isn't bad. Close to the bathrooms and you can move around a little bit.

asumike83
September 20th, 2011, 11:13 AM

You should have no problem being able to sit on the hill.

Honestly, I would try going to Mountaineer Message Board: http://forums.delphiforums.com/appstate/start

There is a 'Ticket Exchange' forum and usually no shortage of people selling tickets, looks like a few out there right now. You may need to join and post, but some sellers will just leave an e-mail address. The lawn seat is always a fall-back option but I think it would be worth it to take a shot at finding a reserved seat.

UCMoc
September 20th, 2011, 11:15 AM
You should have no problem being able to sit on the hill.

Honestly, I would try going to Mountaineer Message Board: http://forums.delphiforums.com/appstate/start

There is a 'Ticket Exchange' forum and usually no shortage of people selling tickets, looks like a few out there right now. You may need to join and post, but some sellers will just leave an e-mail address. The lawn seat is always a fall-back option but I think it would be worth it to take a shot at finding a reserved seat.

Thanks, for all the advice. I enjoyed Boone two years ago, despite the finish. All the people there were great. I'm looking forward to it.

AppState913
September 20th, 2011, 11:16 AM

You should bring a blanket or something to sit on if you end up sitting on the hill because it is often wet and/or muddy. Unfortunately, a lot of the drunk students head over there around the time of kick off because there are no other seats left so you might run into that. Generally there are a good amount of families that sit there too though.

biggie
September 20th, 2011, 11:35 AM
There should still be visitor section seats. Would see about buying through UTC first before buying grass seats. If you want regular seats that is. They usually hold the visitors seats open until Wed/Thurs before the game to see what the visiting school sells.

UCMoc
September 20th, 2011, 11:38 AM
There should still be visitor section seats. Would see about buying through UTC first before buying grass seats. If you want regular seats that is. They usually hold the visitors seats open until Wed/Thurs before the game to see what the visiting school sells.

We actually sold all of ours!

biggie
September 20th, 2011, 11:39 AM
May want to wait until tomorrow/Thursday anyway, they may be holding a few back and will release them then. Don't think there's anyway they grass seats will sell out, so don't have to worry about that.

AtlantaMountaineer
September 20th, 2011, 01:03 PM
I have rarely seen Section 108 filled with visitor fans except for Georgia Southern. I would try there first. It usually fill sin with App fans after the start of the game. I have also noticed visitor fans sometimes spread up to Section 208 when seats are available. Come on up and enjoy the game.

Saint3333
September 20th, 2011, 02:55 PM
I don't know who will win but take the under. People are probably projecting a 42-35 game. It'll be closer to 31-24.

Eagle22
September 20th, 2011, 02:59 PM

Any idea how many ASU allotted UTC ?

Saint3333
September 20th, 2011, 03:12 PM
Any idea how many ASU allotted UTC ?

ASU's two visitor sections hold 1,200. There are no non-grass seats for sale at this time. Look for the place to be packed. I think the economy hurt ASU's attendance the first two games. People are probably having to choose 2 or 3 games to attend and the non-conference games didn't make the cut for some. 60 degrees and no rain at kickoff, I'd say 29K minimum.

chattanoogamocs
September 20th, 2011, 03:39 PM
ASU's two visitor sections hold 1,200. There are no non-grass seats for sale at this time. Look for the place to be packed. I think the economy hurt ASU's attendance the first two games. People are probably having to choose 2 or 3 games to attend and the non-conference games didn't make the cut for some. 60 degrees and no rain at kickoff, I'd say 29K minimum.

I think you might be partially right about the economy, but I think it is more that ASU played two really crappy teams. If money is tight, people aren't go to spend it on sub par entertainment. I am sure when Montana/McNeese come to town, they'll have no problem selling tickets, no matter what the economy.

chattanoogamocs
September 20th, 2011, 03:40 PM
I don't know who will win but take the under. People are probably projecting a 42-35 game. It'll be closer to 31-24.

+1

longtimemocfan
September 20th, 2011, 03:40 PM
We may use all of the allotted tickets. Doubt that has happened before.

Eagle22
September 20th, 2011, 04:00 PM

The reason I'm curious ... the rumor / unconfirmed word was that ASU sent Georgia Southern 600 reserve seat tickets. If accurate, that won't be enough to satisfy the demand from the GSU donors priority ticketing process .... this has sent a lot of lower level GSU boosters and non-boosters already to ASU's website to order tickets in sections 208 and 209. I think very few of those seats remain.

Saint3333
September 20th, 2011, 04:20 PM
ASU holds two sections for visitors which seat 1,200. Is your band coming? The last time GSU brought their band we set up stands in the northeast corner of the endzone. Now that we've added seats to the north endzone that isn't an option so your band could be taking part of your allotment away. There are less than 50 non-grass seats available for the GSU game.

~500 remain for Samford
~1,200 remain for WCU

Thefootballfan
September 20th, 2011, 07:09 PM

Let's see? UTC starts three freshmen and a junior on the defensive front. And three of the four are undersized for high school football. Ya think ASU might FIND a running game Saturday? It won't be close. Bony, Cadet, and Miller run wild. Apps win 38-17.

gomocs82
September 20th, 2011, 07:17 PM
I hope a strong Moc contigent shows up. I will not be making the trip..but listening and pulling for the Mocs who will win 35-31

chattanoogamocs
Richmond won a national championship with an undersized defense. Huesman focuses on speed and strength over size alone.

GoGSU
Let's see? UTC starts three freshmen and a junior on the defensive front. And three of the four are undersized for high school football. Ya think ASU might FIND a running game Saturday? It won't be close. Bony, Cadet, and Miller run wild. Apps win 38-17.

I actually agree with this...It won't be close at all. App wins by a mile!

Thefootballfan
September 20th, 2011, 07:31 PM
Richmond won a national championship with an undersized defense. Huesman focuses on speed and strength over size alone.

Huesman focuses on the short fat kids that the higher profile programs didnt want, because thats the best he can get. A few of those undersized freshmen may develop into quality FCS players. Its unlikely they will begin the process at THE ROCK where App is 57-4 the past 61 games.

asumike83
September 20th, 2011, 07:52 PM
ASU's defensive front is smaller and more athletic than when the season began. We had 2 guys that were 6-6, 300+ on top of the depth chart at both ends coming into the season, but neither one was able to get their pads low and fight off blocks. Now, we have 2 freshman on the edges that go 6-4, 260 and 6-5, 240. Last week was the first time they started together and the team ended up with 6 sacks (against admittedly very weak competition). I was very impressed with their speed on the edges and left KBS excited about our future at both DE spots. Both kids are long and lean, with plenty of time and ideal frames to add muscle onto before they leave Boone.

I am just hoping they are ready for conference play, because whether or not ASU gets pressure on Coleman will go a long way towards deciding who wins on Saturday. If our front seven is in the Moc backfield disrupting his rhythm, we should win this game. However, if he has a good pocket all day and can drop back and take his time, he will pick us apart and our offense will have to light up the scoreboard to get away with a W. This will be the first true test of how well this 3-4 is going to do for us.

Reign of Terrier
September 20th, 2011, 08:05 PM
Ayers focuses on the short fat kids that the higher profile programs didnt want, because thats the best he can get. A few of those undersized freshmen may develop into quality FCS players. Its unlikely they will begin the process at THE ROCK where App is 57-4 the past 61 games.

FIFA

longtimemocfan
September 20th, 2011, 08:42 PM
Huesman focuses on the short fat kids that the higher profile programs didnt want, because thats the best he can get. A few of those undersized freshmen may develop into quality FCS players. Its unlikely they will begin the process at THE ROCK where App is 57-4 the past 61 games.

Very clueless statement. This undersized defense also held Nebraska to their lowest point and yardage total so far this year.

asumike83
September 20th, 2011, 10:54 PM
Very clueless statement. This undersized defense also held Nebraska to their lowest point and yardage total so far this year.

I agree with you that UTC has talent on defense. However, Nebraska scored more points against Fresno St. and Washington because they were giving up points and had to keep their foot on the pedal. No way they get shut out in the 4th with their starters, they hadn't scored less than 13 points in any of the first 3 Quarters with the first string. Your D certainly looks improved though.

apaladin
September 20th, 2011, 11:20 PM

Wow, you held Nebraska to 2 points less than Fresno, and let's not mention that Nebraska's first team had to play the whole game against the other 2 teams. Oh and don't mention the fact that Fresno and Washington averaged 34.5 points and well over 400 yds against the Nebraska defense while that NFL worthy UTC offense only had 7 points and 230 yards. xwhistlex

chattanoogamocs
September 21st, 2011, 12:11 AM
Wow, you held Nebraska to 2 points less than Fresno, and let's not mention that Nebraska's first team had to play the whole game against the other 2 teams. Oh and don't mention the fact that Fresno and Washington averaged 34.5 points and well over 400 yds against the Nebraska defense while that NFL worthy UTC offense only had 7 points and 230 yards. xwhistlex

Just a point of information: Nebraska's starters where still playing at the start of the 4th quarter.

longtimemocfan
September 21st, 2011, 12:50 AM

Wow, I don't recall any mention about the offense at all. We'll see how you do against Florida this year. xthumbsupx

Milktruck74
September 21st, 2011, 06:48 AM
ASU's defensive front is smaller and more athletic than when the season began. We had 2 guys that were 6-6, 300+ on top of the depth chart at both ends coming into the season, but neither one was able to get their pads low and fight off blocks. Now, we have 2 freshman on the edges that go 6-4, 260 and 6-5, 240. Last week was the first time they started together and the team ended up with 6 sacks (against admittedly very weak competition). I was very impressed with their speed on the edges and left KBS excited about our future at both DE spots. Both kids are long and lean, with plenty of time and ideal frames to add muscle onto before they leave Boone.

I am just hoping they are ready for conference play, because whether or not ASU gets pressure on Coleman will go a long way towards deciding who wins on Saturday. If our front seven is in the Moc backfield disrupting his rhythm, we should win this game. However, if he has a good pocket all day and can drop back and take his time, he will pick us apart and our offense will have to light up the scoreboard to get away with a W. This will be the first true test of how well this 3-4 is going to do for us.

You have to dig through a bunch of uninformed dribble on this board to get to an insightful post. Thanks Mike.

Mikeyosef
September 21st, 2011, 07:07 AM
Pressure on BJ Coleman is definitely the key to winning or loosing this game for App. If we are able to get pressure on the QB similar to that which we applied to Scott Riddle the last couple of times we plays Elon, App wins. If, we are able to put pressure on him and he gets frustrated and trys to make hopeless plays (ala Riddle) App could win big. Coleman is a much better QB than Riddle so, I doubt he will make bonehead decisions leading to the type of turnovers we got out of Elon. Havings said that, I predict a close game with App pulling it out with a home field advantage. The Rock is going to be packed; we're bringing 9 extra people to the game this weekend. GO APP!!!!!

chattownmocs
September 21st, 2011, 07:15 AM

They start 2 freshman, davison should be back. They have held up exceptionally well so far and we havent played a scrub yet. So yes, they will hold up, and they arent that undersized anyway. I dont know where you get you false information from.

chattownmocs
September 21st, 2011, 07:17 AM

Yeah right, he can recruit with anyone with anyone in the country and already has. Another moronic post by you. Thos freshman have already started began the process. They have gotten pressure every single game. This will be no different. You are an idiot.

Milktruck74
September 21st, 2011, 07:17 AM
I had a conversation with a 13 year NFL veteran DL, All-Pro with a Superbowl ring (a little cred) that lives in Boone. He said he hasn't seen anything that resembles a decent pass rush yet from App. Traditionally App had good defenses and strong DLs, I have to wonder if Jerry Moore isn't showing his cards before conference play????? Everyone is predicting a close game, even me. However the more I think about it the bigger i see the spread. If Chattanooga's young OL can hold up the rush, I think Coleman destroys your secondary (probably one of the weakest ASU has had in years) and wins big....and if not Celebratory Beers will be flowing at the Klondike Cafe.

chattownmocs
September 21st, 2011, 07:19 AM
I agree with you that UTC has talent on defense. However, Nebraska scored more points against Fresno St. and Washington because they were giving up points and had to keep their foot on the pedal. No way they get shut out in the 4th with their starters, they hadn't scored less than 13 points in any of the first 3 Quarters with the first string. Your D certainly looks improved though.

Their starters left in the final 2 possessions. Chattanooga made big plays all day. Nebraska made big plays in the option game to score their points.

chattownmocs
September 21st, 2011, 07:20 AM

Does anyone know football? Washington and fresno state are division 1 football teams. They should be better than Chattanooga even if Chattanooga is the best team in the country.

eaglemachine
September 21st, 2011, 07:29 AM
Does anyone know football? Washington and fresno state are division 1 football teams. They should be better than Chattanooga even if Chattanooga is the best team in the country.

BTW, you know that UTC is DI too right?

GunsAndGuitars
September 21st, 2011, 07:39 AM
Their starters left in the final 2 possessions. Chattanooga made big plays all day. Nebraska made big plays in the option game to score their points.

Have you heard what kind of offense we have in Boone? It's some kind of thing called the spread OPTION. Jerry Moore may not have to show his hand yet. I like that thought.

I thought UTC was the best team in the SoCon from reading your posts xlolx, but after that, they stand no chance against ASU, GSU, or Wofford (all of which run a variation on this thing called the OPTION...the Citadel may have to show you why modern footwear has replaced deer skin xrotatehx. They better learn to defend the option and FAST if they want a chance in the SoCon.

Apphole
September 21st, 2011, 08:30 AM
Yeah right, he can recruit with anyone with anyone in the country and already has. Another moronic post by you. Thos freshman have already started began the process. They have gotten pressure every single game. This will be no different. You are an idiot.

8:30 am EST is a little early to be drinking don't you think?

Apphole
September 21st, 2011, 08:37 AM
I had a conversation with a 13 year NFL veteran DL, All-Pro with a Superbowl ring (a little cred) that lives in Boone. He said he hasn't seen anything that resembles a decent pass rush yet from App. Traditionally App had good defenses and strong DLs, I have to wonder if Jerry Moore isn't showing his cards before conference play????? Everyone is predicting a close game, even me. However the more I think about it the bigger i see the spread. If Chattanooga's young OL can hold up the rush, I think Coleman destroys your secondary (probably one of the weakest ASU has had in years) and wins big....and if not Celebratory Beers will be flowing at the Klondike Cafe.

That was the bar of a decade ago. And when I say bar, I mean double wide trailer. Try King/Howard Street. The bar scene has become pretty insane over there. Especially of Thursdays I've heard.

And if you think JM showed a single play in the last two games you're just kidding yosef. From what I've seen at practice these last two weeks (yes, as complacent as it is we looked past SSU to make sure we really dominate Nooga) we have some tricks up our sleeve. The film that BJ and co have been watching is some good ol' fashioned George Washington style misinformation.

Apphole
September 21st, 2011, 09:21 AM
UTC DT Keyon Reed out for ASU game

http://www.timesfreepress.com/news/2011/sep/21/mocs-will-be-thin-at-defensive-tackle-against-asu/?sportscollege

asumike83
September 21st, 2011, 09:22 AM

Washington gave up 27 points at home and eeked out a 3-point win against EWU, who is now 0-3 and hasn't scored more than 17 against FCS competition. Fresno St. has 1 win, and it was a 5-point comeback at home against North Dakota. ND scored 22 points in that game, which is the most they've scored all year (their other 2 opponents: Idaho and Drake). These are not good teams, especially defensively, regardless of what conference they play in.

olejack
September 21st, 2011, 10:00 AM
Any word yet on Apps suspended players for the game? The Mocs will have a few out for sure due to injury and suspension. Was hoping this game would be played with all regular starters.

StorminASU
September 21st, 2011, 10:07 AM
Any word yet on Apps suspended players for the game? The Mocs will have a few out for sure due to injury and suspension. Was hoping this game would be played with all regular starters.

It looks like they did something to rub Coach Moore the wrong way and he's not made anything official yet, but it appears they are practicing and are probably back in his good (enough) graces.

biggie
September 21st, 2011, 10:14 AM
Think they would practice either way, I would consider them suspended until JM announces something different.

At least Jorden seems to be ok. But Blalock (S) is day-to-day now as well.

Mikeyosef
September 21st, 2011, 10:44 AM
UTC DT Keyon Reed out for ASU game

http://www.timesfreepress.com/news/2011/sep/21/mocs-will-be-thin-at-defensive-tackle-against-asu/?sportscollege

Interesting comment from Huesman: "The university will have some say in it; [athletic director Rick Hart] will have some say in it. He's probably not going to play," Huesman said. "I haven't had, officially, somebody say to me that he can't play."

Does he need someone to make that decision for him? I doubt Jerry Moore waits for anybody to tell him to bench someone for a game; particularly for something like a domestic violence charge. He would ask questions of the player, etc and make the decision himself, without hesitation. Is Huesman not running the program? Or is he reluctant to bench an important player for a big conference game? I've been very impressed with what Huesman has been able to accomplish in his short tenure, but IMHO, if the answer to either question is "Yes" the Mocs are in trouble in the long term.

Skjellyfetti
September 21st, 2011, 11:24 AM
App really needs the suspended players back for this game. We've got to have Gainey on Bradford as much as possible.

It's hard to say whether they SHOULD be back... since, we don't know what rules they broke. But, for our season's sake... I hope they're suited up and ready to go. xprayx

I think we can win the SoCon, even outright, with a loss... but, we don't want to have a loss BEFORE playing Wofford or GSU.

longtimemocfan
September 21st, 2011, 11:35 AM
I think he does have the final say so. Without putting out "the rest of the story." This case is not holding a lot of water and wouldn't be at all surprised if the charges are dropped. Keyon didn't practice Monday, but did Tuesday and Wednesday. As far as I know will be practicing today.

I think Russ is just being careful. we had a incident 6 years ago that was totally mishandled by coach and A.D.

Go Apps
September 21st, 2011, 11:38 AM
App really needs the suspended players back for this game. We've got to have Gainey on Bradford as much as possible.

It's hard to say whether they SHOULD be back... since, we don't know what rules they broke. But, for our season's sake... I hope they're suited up and ready to go. xprayx

I think we can win the SoCon, even outright, with a loss... but, we don't want to have a loss BEFORE playing Wofford or GSU.

Did you see Gainey play against NCAT - he was horrible! I was in the West stands and everytime we said they should throw towards Gainey and he was burned - so I hope he has learned how to play defense during his week off! That performance should have got him benched regardless of team rules violations

Skjellyfetti
September 21st, 2011, 11:48 AM
Did you see Gainey play against NCAT - he was horrible! I was in the West stands and everytime we said they should throw towards Gainey and he was burned - so I hope he has learned how to play defense during his week off! That performance should have got him benched regardless of team rules violations

Ugh. xsmhx

I know there are a lot of App fans that love to hate on Gainey. Yes. He's not perfect and he has been burned. But, he is BY FAR our best cover corner. It's not even remotely close. He's a 2 time All SoCon corner. Our second best corner has about 4 or 5 starts.

And, you are incredibly wrong that Gainey was burned everytime NC A&T threw towards Gainey. xrolleyesx They only completed 1 long pass all game. And scored 0 TD's through the air.

biggie
September 21st, 2011, 11:56 AM
There is a virus in the West stands, especially among older people, hateongaineyism. Our offense could do something bad and people will blame it on Gainey.

Go Apps
September 21st, 2011, 11:58 AM
There is a virus in the West stands, especially among older people, hateongaineyism. Our offense could do something bad and people will blame it on Gainey.

Hey I don't want to hate on Gainey, but he looks very weak and overall we look weak on the Pass D - we all recognize that - one other note is that we appear not to be doing any man to man allowing more open spaces for the receivers - wonder if that will change or we don't have the speed to cover?

asumike83
September 21st, 2011, 12:06 PM
I am not a big fan of Gainey but unfortunately, our secondary is better with him than without. He is our best cover corner, although sometimes I feel like being the best cover corner in our secondary is like being the smartest kid on the short bus. Our best chance at slowing down the UTC passing attack is for our D-Line to step up and harass Coleman. If he has time to make decisions, then I don't think we have the DB's to cover their WR's but hopefully they prove me wrong this weekend.

Apphole
September 21st, 2011, 12:16 PM

It's running rampant on Appfan.con

olejack
September 21st, 2011, 12:49 PM
Me thinks there's some sandbagging goin' on concerning Gainey. I watched him in the VT game and was thoughly impressed. Granted I haven't seen that much but what I did see was he's a player. I do agree that the pass rush will be the key for App on defense. My biggest concern for the Mocs on defense is Pressleys play making ability with his legs. I'm thinking this is going to be a close game. I'm hoping the Mocs can come away with a win in what would be the biggest victory in many years. But it's going to be a monumental task at Kidd Brewer. Go Mocs.

ASUMountaineer
September 21st, 2011, 01:12 PM
Me thinks there's some sandbagging goin' on concerning Gainey. I watched him in the VT game and was thoughly impressed. Granted I haven't seen that much but what I did see was he's a player. I do agree that the pass rush will be the key for App on defense. My biggest concern for the Mocs on defense is Pressleys play making ability with his legs. I'm thinking this is going to be a close game. I'm hoping the Mocs can come away with a win in what would be the biggest victory in many years. But it's going to be a monumental task at Kidd Brewer. Go Mocs.

A lot of App fans hate on Gainey because they don't like his attitude. He seems to talk trash and on the "All Access" show on ESPN last year he played it up for the cameras (I personally think he was being egged-on and went with it--I would have too, I thought it was funny). On the field, he is fiery and does appear to talk trash, but I agree with most others that he's our best CB. We'll see if he gets to play this week, and as far as hating on him, I don't...never had much of an issue with him.

StorminASU
September 21st, 2011, 02:00 PM
It's running rampant on Appfan.con

I know for a fact Gainey is the reason we're in a recession and you can't convince me otherwise.

theasushow
September 21st, 2011, 02:12 PM
A lot of App fans hate on Gainey because they don't like his attitude. He seems to talk trash and on the "All Access" show on ESPN last year he played it up for the cameras (I personally think he was being egged-on and went with it--I would have too, I thought it was funny). On the field, he is fiery and does appear to talk trash, but I agree with most others that he's our best CB. We'll see if he gets to play this week, and as far as hating on him, I don't...never had much of an issue with him.

my younger brother played against him in high school, he was a trashtalker back then as well.

SpeedkingATL
September 21st, 2011, 02:35 PM
I haven't seen as much chest thumping and trash talking this year as in recent years from App. Hopefully this App team has more mature leadership from guys like team captain Chris Aiken. Gainey is a good CB but the circus act sometimes grows old as do the flips in the end zone and similar crap. Can't give up stupid 15 yard penalties to UTC and expect to win.

biggie
September 21st, 2011, 02:45 PM
Some players/people are just like that though (trash talk). Its what keeps them going through a game and keeps their energy up. I would say most people commenting on it on the internet are not like that, but a lot of athletes out there these days are. Watch one of the 30 for 30 ESPN shows about Reggie Miller, there wasn't a time he wasn't trash talking and used it to gain an advantage.

Key for App on O will be that Moc DL, if they are young and lose contain on DP and RBs on the outside it could be a long day for them. But it may end up being a shoot out that neither D can stop.

ASUMountaineer
September 21st, 2011, 03:16 PM
I haven't seen as much chest thumping and trash talking this year as in recent years from App. Hopefully this App team has more mature leadership from guys like team captain Chris Aiken. Gainey is a good CB but the circus act sometimes grows old as do the flips in the end zone and similar crap. Can't give up stupid 15 yard penalties to UTC and expect to win.

Yeah, but we've gone 3 games thus far without one of those penalties...hopefully "the streak continues."

chattownmocs
September 21st, 2011, 03:50 PM
Reading this thread is tiresome. We have people comparing the top SOCON teams to Nebraska. You aint Nebraska. I dont care what type of offense you run, you dont run it like Nebraska. We arent, and neither are you, Fresno State or Washington. So stop comparing our results to theirs. It means nothing. I dont care that those teams had close calls with FCS teams. They are more talented and would be favored over any and every FCS team. And lastly the bottom tire teams in the SOCON, are not Jacksonville State or Eastern Kentucky. Not even close. Those teams were ranked 10th and 25th for a reason. Beating them in the fashion in which Chattanooga did is impressive. It aint like beating some scrubs. Sp take this weak arguments out. I understand why App fans and others thank they will win, but they wont.

Apphole
September 21st, 2011, 04:18 PM
But seriously chattown, are you coming up Saturday? I shot a crow today. It's in my fridge and I have a couple of really good recipes. Tell me, do you like your crow stewed or grilled?

App-a-latch-un
September 21st, 2011, 05:47 PM
But seriously chattown, are you coming up Saturday? I shot a crow today. It's in my fridge and I have a couple of really good recipes. Tell me, do you like your crow stewed or grilled?

He's used to squirrel and coon meat the way his maw prepares it, just boil it in milk.

chattownmocs
September 21st, 2011, 05:49 PM
This is coming from a fan of Appalachian State, in Boone, North Carolina. Alrrriiighttyy then

App-a-latch-un
September 21st, 2011, 06:02 PM
Only thing on our menu this weekend are Mockingbirds.

chattownmocs
September 21st, 2011, 06:04 PM
Only thing on our menu this weekend are Mockingbirds.

Oh noes...Fly away little mockingbirds

asumike83
September 21st, 2011, 06:11 PM
Some players/people are just like that though (trash talk). Its what keeps them going through a game and keeps their energy up. I would say most people commenting on it on the internet are not like that, but a lot of athletes out there these days are. Watch one of the 30 for 30 ESPN shows about Reggie Miller, there wasn't a time he wasn't trash talking and used it to gain an advantage.

Trash talking is one thing when you are locking your man down. Giving up a 30-yard pass, tackling a guy and then jawing at him is different. I don't mind a little trash talk, I actually think it gets the team fired up but it makes our whole team look bad when he is running his mouth to a guy that is lighting him up. I am not among the anti-Gainey camp of ASU fans but I do think his jawing and chest-thumping are excessive given his accomplishments on the field. His trash talk is 1st team All-American, his play is 2nd team All-SoCon. However, I am also aware that he is our best option at CB and gives us the best chance to win. If Coach Moore feels he has earned it, I hope he plays on Saturday.

APPP
September 21st, 2011, 08:23 PM

He's in Chattanooga, the local cuisine consists of chitlins, watermelon, and kool-aid.

noogamoc
September 21st, 2011, 08:48 PM
Can Crappy Appy hang with Scrappy?
Man this is going to be a great game!
UTC wins a close one in OT 40-38
Go Mocs! Go SoCon!

I-16Bandit
September 21st, 2011, 09:04 PM
He's in Chattanooga, the local cuisine consists of chitlins, watermelon, and kool-aid.

Huh. That make a lot of sense, actually.

Terrierforlife
September 21st, 2011, 09:14 PM
It will be bad for all Moc haters if they win. This will be a great game.

APPP
September 21st, 2011, 09:25 PM
Huh. That make a lot of sense, actually.

Glad someone is on the same page. He clearly doesn't know that all we have up here is barbeque and corn likker.

Should be a good game, maybe even close, but I fully expect the apps to come out on top and nothing less. If the Rock's a rockin', well.....

Reign of Terrier
September 21st, 2011, 09:38 PM
I would be rooting for Chatty if their trolls didn't exist, but now I'm kind of at a cross roads

chattanoogamocs
September 21st, 2011, 10:25 PM
I would be rooting for Chatty if their TROLL didn't exist, but now I'm kind of at a cross roads

fixed it for ya.

CID1990
September 21st, 2011, 10:39 PM
I root for ASU except when they play my beloved Alma Mater.

Squealofthepig
September 22nd, 2011, 12:33 AM
Every school has one, and, voting-wise, I always remember that, and ignore trash talk from specific board members.

That being said, some trash talk goes from trash talk to I-must-be-the-second-coming-of-Jesus!-talk, in which case, I must root for the other team.

chattanoogamocs
September 22nd, 2011, 12:52 AM
Every school has one, and, voting-wise, I always remember that, and ignore trash talk from specific board members.

That being said, some trash talk goes from trash talk to I-must-be-the-second-coming-of-Jesus!-talk, in which case, I must root for the other team.

I just hate knowing that there are only about 5-10 Chattanooga posters and almost all of us are not smack talkers (unless we are on defense) and just want to come here to talk football with people. We are rightfully proud of our school and are excited and hopeful about the current direction of the program, but we are fair minded and generally knowledgeable about FCS football. It only takes one bad apple to spoil the bunch. Sometimes I think Chattownmocs is funny because he is so over the top that I doubt he would even believe himself, but I also hate it because so many people seem to read what he says and then paint all of us Moc fans with the same brush.

But it's alright, I don't mind if people pull against us...I like the "us versus the world" feeling

Squealofthepig
September 22nd, 2011, 12:59 AM
I just hate knowing that there are only about 5-10 Chattanooga posters and almost all of us are not smack talkers (unless we are on defense) and just want to come here to talk football with people. We are rightfully proud of our school and are excited and hopeful about the current direction of the program, but we are fair minded and generally knowledgeable about FCS football. It only takes one bad apple to spoil the bunch. Sometimes I think Chattownmocs is funny because he is so over the top that I doubt he would even believe himself, but I also hate it because so many people seem to read what he says and then paint all of us Moc fans with the same brush.

I wouldn't worry about it. I like the Mountaineers and their fans, especially after AE's career ended here in Missoula. A class bunch, on the whole, and I can't fault them a bit.

On the Mocs, I'm hoping for a good game and was disappointed last year when Chatty couldn't close the deal - it would have been HUGE for them. This year - I give the edge to App, but a Mocs win wouldn't surprise me. Most of the Mocs - by which I mean all but one - I think are great for FCS in general, and I - like most other posters - enjoy talking smack with you guys.

If UTC wins, I give you guys mad props and will mock (get it?) many App fans for the rest of the year. And the same in reverse.

The good news is that, even with a loss, UTC should be able to take care of business and still be considered for an at-large build (which is true of three other conference members, a great year for you guys).

chattanoogamocs
September 22nd, 2011, 01:14 AM
I would hope that if the Mocs even only go 7-4, that with the JSU and EKU wins in their pocket, it ought to be enough to still sneak in the playoffs.

And if that scenario would have worked out last year (going 7-4)...Mocfans would have been ecstatic, but this year, we are hungry for more (and obviously, so is the team). We want to see the Mocs take out one of the top teams on the road...that is when you truly show you are a contender.

The close loss last year provided extra motivation for the Mocs...they had ASU on the hook and let them wriggle off. I know those guys were thinking of that all summer in the weight room. When you play a team like ASU, there is very little room for mistakes...even something as simple as an extra point.

chattownmocs
September 22nd, 2011, 07:36 AM
If saying that Chattanooga is the best team in the SOCON this season is trolling or trash talk, count me in. If saying some other teams in the SOCON maybe a little overrated is trash talk or trolling, count me in. But in the end I will prove to be correct and then we will find out just how bad it can get.

Smitty
September 22nd, 2011, 07:39 AM
If saying that Chattanooga is the best team in the SOCON this season is trolling or trash talk, count me in. If saying some other teams in the SOCON maybe a little overrated is trash talk or trolling, count me in. But in the end I will prove to be correct and then we will find out just how bad it can get.

Like I said before and if you are wrong are you going to eat your crow?

ASUMountaineer
September 22nd, 2011, 08:47 AM
Trash talking is one thing when you are locking your man down. Giving up a 30-yard pass, tackling a guy and then jawing at him is different. I don't mind a little trash talk, I actually think it gets the team fired up but it makes our whole team look bad when he is running his mouth to a guy that is lighting him up. I am not among the anti-Gainey camp of ASU fans but I do think his jawing and chest-thumping are excessive given his accomplishments on the field. His trash talk is 1st team All-American, his play is 2nd team All-SoCon. However, I am also aware that he is our best option at CB and gives us the best chance to win. If Coach Moore feels he has earned it, I hope he plays on Saturday.

Is it possible, and I know this will sound crazy, that when Gainey got burned the receiver was talking trash and he responded? I don't know, maybe I'm just missing something, but I don't see where this guy is so bad. I mean, I go to all of the home games and multiple road games...perhaps I don't pay enough attention to him.

StorminASU
September 22nd, 2011, 09:08 AM
Is it possible, and I know this will sound crazy, that when Gainey got burned the receiver was talking trash and he responded? I don't know, maybe I'm just missing something, but I don't see where this guy is so bad. I mean, I go to all of the home games and multiple road games...perhaps I don't pay enough attention to him.

Let's assume that's true; if you just got burned for a 20 yard play, then what would you have to trash talk back?
Now back to the real world, he starts as the beginning of the game and is more and more noticeable about doing it as the game progresses so you really must not watch him much at all. I'm not joining in on the Gainey hating, but to say you don't notice it just means you don't watch him specifically.

asumike83
September 22nd, 2011, 09:36 AM
Let's assume that's true; if you just got burned for a 20 yard play, then what would you have to trash talk back?

Yeah, that is my feeling on it. Even if the WR is talking to you after a big play, what do you have to jaw about? If you get burned, you should keep your mouth shut regardless. The same goes for the opponent too; I don't mind Gainey trash talking a bit if he is locking his man down and I would not expect the WR to have much to say.

I have never played football at the college level and don't pretend to understand the pressure on these kids, but I did play free safety back in high school. As much as I loved to let a guy know when I de-cleated him, I sure wasn't very conversational after giving up a big gain, even when I was getting an earful from my opponent.

Skjellyfetti
September 22nd, 2011, 10:07 AM
And the people that watch Gainey all game are just obsessive. They probably just stare with a scowl at Gainey all game while the offense is on the field. xlolx

ASUMountaineer
September 22nd, 2011, 10:11 AM
Now back to the real world, he starts as the beginning of the game and is more and more noticeable about doing it as the game progresses so you really must not watch him much at all. I'm not joining in on the Gainey hating, but to say you don't notice it just means you don't watch him specifically.

I said I don't see where this guy is so bad, not that I haven't seen him talking or "noticed it." I was at the Florida game, I've seen him talking. I just don't think it's as bad as you guys make it out to be. I'm also not on the field to hear what other players may be saying. Some people will complain about anything, Gainey is the flavor of the month.

StorminASU
September 22nd, 2011, 10:12 AM
And the people that watch Gainey all game are just obsessive. They probably just stare with a scowl at Gainey all game while the offense is on the field. xlolx

Haha. Evidently half of Appnation is like that the way they light up the boards. I don't hawkeye him, but it catches my attention 3-4 times a game usually.

StorminASU
September 22nd, 2011, 10:15 AM
I said I don't see where this guy is so bad, not that I haven't seen him talking or "noticed it." I was at the Florida game, I've seen him talking. I just don't think it's as bad as you guys make it out to be. I'm also not on the field to hear what other players may be saying. Some people will complain about anything, Gainey is the flavor of the month.

Where did I say I think he's bad, I was merely answering the question about why he might be trash talking and also saying he's not discrete about it. I think he's a great corner, but it does look stupid to run your mouth after giving up a huge play. That's the only thing I could nitpik at.

ASUMountaineer
September 22nd, 2011, 10:16 AM
Yeah, that is my feeling on it. Even if the WR is talking to you after a big play, what do you have to jaw about? If you get burned, you should keep your mouth shut regardless. The same goes for the opponent too; I don't mind Gainey trash talking a bit if he is locking his man down and I would not expect the WR to have much to say.

I have never played football at the college level and don't pretend to understand the pressure on these kids, but I did play free safety back in high school. As much as I loved to let a guy know when I de-cleated him, I sure wasn't very conversational after giving up a big gain, even when I was getting an earful from my opponent.

How about something like, "You got me that time...enjoy it because it won't happen again."

In the heat of the moment, not many people would keep their mouth shut--God knows I wouldn't. Then again, I was a Public Communication major! xlolx

asumike83
September 22nd, 2011, 10:17 AM
To be clear, I WANT Ed Gainey to play on Saturday. I think he is a good football player, just a bit of a knucklehead sometimes.

ASUMountaineer
September 22nd, 2011, 10:20 AM
Where did I say I think he's bad, I was merely answering the question about why he might be trash talking and also saying he's not discrete about it. I think he's a great corner, but it does look stupid to run your mouth after giving up a huge play. That's the only thing I could nitpik at.

Read my post again. I didn't say you thought he was a bad player, I said I don't think the trash talking is as bad as you guys do.

I just don't think it's as bad as you guys make it out to be.

Take a deep breath, it'll be ok...besides, save your strength for battles on the MMB with MBA. xlolx

Milktruck74
September 23rd, 2011, 04:32 PM
So far the Mocs are chosen by 21.27% of respondents. I'll take that....

GunsAndGuitars
September 24th, 2011, 09:14 AM
So far the Mocs are chosen by 21.27% of respondents. I'll take that....

Not long ago, that would have been about 4 homer fans that voted for the Mocs along with 3 hopeful Furples and a couple of the delusional Fighting Christians. I do have legitimate concern about this game, as I think this is App's game to lose, but UTC has everything to gain from a win.

App win = Chatty was just a bottom dweller in the SoCon and they weren't that good.
Chatty win = they get a seat at the table this year, at least that's what I get from this thread (until the hategaineyitis talk unless that's the other thread)

longtimemocfan
September 24th, 2011, 09:31 AM
Not long ago, that would have been about 4 homer fans that voted for the Mocs along with 3 hopeful Furples and a couple of the delusional Fighting Christians. I do have legitimate concern about this game, as I think this is App's game to lose, but UTC has everything to gain from a win.

App win = Chatty was just a bottom dweller in the SoCon and they weren't that good.
Chatty win = they get a seat at the table this year, at least that's what I get from this thread (until the hategaineyitis talk unless that's the other thread)

Unless you remember the Mocs of the late 70's or early 80's that's the way it has always been.

chattownmocs
September 24th, 2011, 10:42 AM
In the words of Johnny Majors atthe 1986 Suger Bowl "They don't have any respect for ya, make em remember you as long as they live. The way you hit, the way you knock em down down field. The way you hustle. Attack, Attack, Attack, always attack.

UCMoc
September 24th, 2011, 10:56 AM
In the words of Johnny Majors atthe 1986 Suger Bowl "They don't have any respect for ya, make em remember you as long as they live. The way you hit, the way you knock em down down field. The way you hustle. Attack, Attack, Attack, always attack.

Most people don't realize that wasn't the end of that statement, it was followed by, "and does anybody know where I left my liquor?"