PDA

View Full Version : Murray State's Offense Finds The Groove

msupigskin
September 18th, 2011, 12:57 AM
QB Casey Brockman throws for 600 yards, 7 TDs, and gets a TD reception on top of that as Murray State pounds Tennessee State 58-27. Sets MSU records for yards, attempts (67) and completions (45). TSU tried to stack the box and Chris Hatcher's spread made them pay dearly. Brockman connected with 11 different receivers with five separate guys getting TD catches.

Gringer1
September 18th, 2011, 01:35 AM
I'm glad to see Hatcher find success. His playcalling while he was at GSU was as predictable as Old Faithful; nothing but bubble screens and short crossing routes. Ashley Anders had a defense that was more porous than the surface of a golf ball. I'm not sure if being fired gave them the push they needed or if they just found a place that fit them. Either way, its unfortunate things didn't work out for them at Georgia Southern and I'm glad they're fitting in well.

msupigskin
September 18th, 2011, 07:02 AM
Murray State fans are thankful GSU kicked Hatcher out after his surprisingly short run there. Obviously he knows how to recruit since his classes are paying pretty good dividends for your program now. Good luck to GSU this year. Maybe the playoffs pairings bring about a GSU-MSU matchup down the road this fall. Go Racers!

GATA
September 18th, 2011, 08:17 AM
Amazing that Hatcher's AIR RAID offense actually looks like an AIR RAID offense at Murray State. Good to see he finally got back to his roots...because that **** we were running in 2008-2009 was not Air Raid football. Seen too many good Air Raid teams to even compare it. Murray State seems to be picking it up.

Baldy
September 18th, 2011, 08:23 AM
Murray State fans are thankful GSU kicked Hatcher out after his surprisingly short run there. Obviously he knows how to recruit since his classes are paying pretty good dividends for your program now. Good luck to GSU this year. Maybe the playoffs pairings bring about a GSU-MSU matchup down the road this fall. Go Racers!
Excellent move, and a win - win for both programs. xthumbsupx

Cocky
September 18th, 2011, 11:03 AM
Shows that finding the right coach to fit the school is important. A good coach cant necessarily be sucessful at any school. And dont forget timing and chemistry with adminstration, fans and support staff

seantaylor
September 18th, 2011, 11:43 PM

Not nearly as thankful as the GSU fans are.

eaglewraith
September 19th, 2011, 06:54 AM
Amazing that Hatcher's AIR RAID offense actually looks like an AIR RAID offense at Murray State. Good to see he finally got back to his roots...because that **** we were running in 2008-2009 was not Air Raid football. Seen too many good Air Raid teams to even compare it. Murray State seems to be picking it up.

I thought this too. I watched the game against Louisville, and was surprised at how the offense actually looked. That was the first time I've gotten a look at Murray State since Hatcher took over. That was a completely differnet style than what he ran at GSU. It wasn't just bubble screen, bubble screen, run up the middle, punt. I don't understand why there's such a difference in how the offense ran at GSU and how it's running at Murray State.