September 17th, 2011, 09:00 PM
(the WKU route)

1. Declare intentions.
2. Move Up.
3. Join Sun Belt.
4. Underpants
5. ???
6. Profit
7. 5 years later, let the perennial doormat of your FCS conference come to your place and kick the $#%^ out of you. xsmileyclapx

Squealofthepig
September 17th, 2011, 09:06 PM
To be fair, ESPN has been giving WKU quite a bit of recognition over the last few years. Granted, it's always in their Bottom 10, but still! No such thing as bad press, amirite?

Will be curious to see how high WKU will rise on the Bottom 10, they're currently at 10: http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/page/bottom10110914/hollywood-college-football-immune-unsatisfying-endings-bottom-10

Your list also needs underpants and profit! I would note.

PantherRob82
September 17th, 2011, 09:11 PM
Your list also needs underpants and profit! I would note.

Fixed!

X-Factor
September 17th, 2011, 09:28 PM
oh how things went downhill after 2002

Mountaineer#96
September 17th, 2011, 10:47 PM
Indiana State - 44
WKU - 16 xbawlingxxbawlingxxbangxxbangx

YIKES......heads will roll in Bowling Green. xsmhx

Death Dealer
September 17th, 2011, 10:54 PM
It's as if I'm looking into a crystal ball, reading the future of GSU and Appy. Gonna be sad to watch such storied programs wallow in obscurity in some backwater FBS conference. Sad really.

blackfordpu
September 17th, 2011, 11:17 PM
underpants? am I missing something?

Squealofthepig
September 17th, 2011, 11:20 PM
underpants? am I missing something?

South Park reference, which forever ruined chronological lists for me:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TBiSI6OdqvA (NSFW, has the word *** in it)

Edit: Heh, not safe for AGS either, apparently.

blackfordpu
September 17th, 2011, 11:23 PM
South Park reference, which forever ruined chronological lists for me:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TBiSI6OdqvA (NSFW, has the word *** in it)

Edit: Heh, not safe for AGS either, apparently.

Got it, thanks.

DJKyR0
September 18th, 2011, 12:12 AM
Indiana State - 44
WKU - 16 xbawlingxxbawlingxxbangxxbangx

YIKES......heads will roll in Bowling Green. xsmhx

Let's be honest, if they haven't already, what good will it do?

TheBisonator
September 18th, 2011, 12:39 AM
Hey, if it wasn't for WKU makiing that FBS move, my team wouldn't be in the Gateway/MVFC today.

So... Keep at it, WKU!!

DOME
September 18th, 2011, 05:24 PM
MVC is a good place to be if you ask me. Checking out Quincy Illinois for a work move next week...Three hour drive back to CF, One hour from Macomb, Three to Normal, four and a half to carbondale, five to spring field. Trips to Terre Haute and the Dakotas have to wait until I buy a plane...

ASUMountaineer
September 19th, 2011, 09:13 AM
It's as if I'm looking into a crystal ball, reading the future of GSU and Appy. Gonna be sad to watch such storied programs wallow in obscurity in some backwater FBS conference. Sad really.

Thanks Ms. Cleo!

xlolx

Smitty
September 19th, 2011, 09:18 AM
Maybe one year WKU will upgrade to the status of Marshall...

henfan
September 19th, 2011, 09:54 AM
Maybe one year WKU will upgrade to the status of Marshall...

Only if 'Toppers boosters also begin paying their players to not show up for jobs.

Lehigh Football Nation
September 19th, 2011, 10:19 AM
I'm waiting for all those WKU posters to come back who used to come over to AGS, crowing how they wouldn't be able to schedule EKU or other FCS opponents anymore since 85 scholarships would make them too powerful.

xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx

darell1976
September 19th, 2011, 10:20 AM
Has there ever been a FCS team move up to the FBS level only to fall back to the FCS level? Or is it once you are in the FBS you are kinda stuck there.

ysubigred
September 19th, 2011, 10:28 AM
Let's be honest, if they haven't already, what good will it do?

WKU don't care about football never have and never will. Did this move to 1A for their upgrade on the B-ball program xsmhx

PantherRob82
September 19th, 2011, 01:21 PM
WKU don't care about football never have and never will. Did this move to 1A for their upgrade on the B-ball program xsmhx

Weren't they in the Sun Belt for BB before the move?

Sycamore51
September 19th, 2011, 01:32 PM
They didn't upgrade their other sports at all. They have always been in the suckbelt. We dominated them at every position the other night. It wasn't even as close as the scoreboard showed. We had a TD or two called back and a long play or two called back. It should've been more like 55-16.

dbackjon
September 19th, 2011, 01:32 PM

And the Sunbelt Champ ended up in a play-in game as a 16-seed, and lost that...

Sycamore51
September 19th, 2011, 01:37 PM
I really wish we would've brought WKU and Murray St into the MVC full membership fold. That would have given us INST, ILST, MoST, SIU, UNI, WKU, & Murray in all sports. Plus those two have good basketball programs and that's really what the MVC is all about.

PantherRob82
September 19th, 2011, 01:50 PM
I don't think Murray and WKU would be good additions on a yearly basis. I don't think they are consistently good, and would bring no media.

Saint3333
September 19th, 2011, 01:51 PM

Could be worse we could be watching a storied program underachieve at the FCS level.

ursus arctos horribilis
September 19th, 2011, 02:28 PM
Could be worse we could be watching a storied program underachieve at the FCS level.

The cost of underachieving at the FCS level compared to the FBS level...not sure I agree with ya on that one.

Appfan_in_CAAland
September 19th, 2011, 03:48 PM

App's road to the FBS will probably look more like Marshall (except hopefully with out the probations) ---
1---Move to a bottomfeeder FBS conference
2---Dominate it for a few years
3---Get asked to join a slightly better FBS conference
4---Only then will we fade into crapulance.

Saint3333
September 19th, 2011, 09:11 PM
The cost of underachieving at the FCS level compared to the FBS level...not sure I agree with ya on that one.

I think you missed my tongue and cheek remark to a Furman fan.

ursus arctos horribilis
September 19th, 2011, 09:41 PM
I think you missed my tongue and cheek remark to a Furman fan.

No I caught it. I should have went with another angle on the comeback though cuz it didn't take. Too literal on that one.

alvinkayak6
September 19th, 2011, 09:45 PM
xawesomexxawesomexxawesomexxawesomexxawesomexxawes omexxawesomexxawesomexxawesomexxawesomex
1. Declare intentions.
2. Move Up.
3. Join Sun Belt.
4. Underpants
5. ???
6. Profit
7. 5 years later, let the perennial doormat of your FCS conference come to your place and kick the $#%^ out of you.

alvinkayak6
September 19th, 2011, 09:46 PM
Super post. Truthful, funny, and inspiring at once.