PDA

View Full Version : What's going on at W&M?

crusader11
September 17th, 2011, 08:09 PM
Going to need some first hand accounts after this one is over between William and Mary and UNH (nope, not New Hampshire, but rather the University of New Haven). Tie game right now at 10 midway through the 4th quarter.

CAA appears to be down, down, down this year.

Dane96
September 17th, 2011, 08:10 PM
Agreed.

Add the NEC to that list (though a different level down).

crusader11
September 17th, 2011, 08:14 PM
W&M up 13-10 now, but UNH will have the ball with roughly 6 minutes left.

soccerguy315
September 17th, 2011, 08:15 PM
W&M has struggled since the UVA game throwing the ball anywhere behind the line of scrimmage. We played at least 3 QBs against UVA, and we are on our 2nd QB this week also.

the fact is that right now, W&M has no business being ranked anywhere near the top 5, and possibly should not be ranked at all.

We have not looked good at any point this season.

edit: that said, we do have a really good RB in Grimes. He should put up some huge numbers this year, but those numbers won't pile up if we can't throw the ball at all.

TwoFeathers
September 17th, 2011, 09:50 PM
The passing game is killing us. I think Tribe has completed maybe 30% of passes, which allows the opposing teams to stack against the run. The defense tonight was missing a bunch of tackles, many for loss. We are have taken a huge step back from last year.

Could the loss of Moody, Chase Hill and Callihan really make this big of a difference? Where has All-American Gottleib been too? The offense seems in complete dis-array. Not very characteristic of Laycock.

DFW HOYA
September 17th, 2011, 10:20 PM
W&M? What's going on at Villanova?

tribefan40
September 17th, 2011, 10:37 PM
W&M? What's going on at Villanova?

They really did lose everybody. Their only true threat coming in to this year is injured and out for the year, and many, many inexperienced players are getting significant time. I could see them being competitive by the end of the season, but they are in full rebuilding mode.

As for W&M, I'm trying to lay off the kool aid but I think we are a decent qb away from being a very competitive team. The defense has looked good to great through the first 3, and should continue to improve as the season progresses. The running game has also looked good to great, and has been slowed only by teams putting 8 or 9 in the box because we simply cannot pass. The 2nd qb that came in tonight did a much better job of managing the game, and could be the answer, but next week's game against jmu will tell us where this season is headed.

wmmii
September 17th, 2011, 10:43 PM
Just got home from the game. Starting Q Paulus was benched for the second half and the third deep Q Graham played all of the second half. Laycock said after the game that Paulus was not making good decisions plus having a bad game. This is the 3rd game however with this same story line on Paulus. Here is link to post game interview with Coach:

http://www.tribeathletics.com/ViewArticle.dbml?SPSID=606208&SPID=80810&DB_LANG=C&DB_OEM_ID=25100&ATCLID=205273852

Graham went 6-11 with sharp passes vs the consistent overthrown and panic play of Paulus. I expect a Q change for the JMU game this week or we will be in deep trouble.

Not only do we have Grimes at RB but also McBride who has played well. Some good passing should open up the running game.

The D played well thou missed a few tackles but they are not our problem this year.

Until the O improves and show us something against JMU, they have to move down the rankings based on this performance against a D2.

Here is link to local newspaper thoughts on game

http://www.dailypress.com/sports/colleges/dp-spt-new-haven-wm-20110917,0,6885993.story