PDA

View Full Version : Chattanooga at Eastern Kentucky

chattownmocs
September 17th, 2011, 07:48 PM
Mocs punch it on 4th and goal from the 1 to ice the game 23-14 0:53 in 4th.

Reign of Terrier
September 17th, 2011, 07:49 PM
looking forward to App perhaps or is EKU that good?

chattownmocs
September 17th, 2011, 07:50 PM
looking forward to App perhaps or is EKU that good?

They are on defense. And have a good QB. They led 14-10 at the half. Defense shut them down in the 2nd half.

chattanoogamocs
September 17th, 2011, 07:53 PM
Now I understand why Kansas State only scored 3 points in the first 59 mins of their game versus EKU. They are pretty darn good (especially stopping the run)

(Although, looking at the stats, UTC did still manage 377 yards to EKU's 233)

chattownmocs
September 17th, 2011, 07:53 PM
Final 23-14. Big time road win against a good team. Definitely going to have to limit the mistakes against the socon teams. But overall a pretty solid performance by Chattanooga. The Moc Defense must be among the most improved in the country.

chattanoogamocs
September 17th, 2011, 07:54 PM
Good tough game.

Gotta give the Mocs some props...@Nebraska, Jacksonville St and @EKU...can't really ask for better than 2-1.

chattanoogamocs
September 17th, 2011, 07:56 PM
The only really bad series the Mocs had was giving up a score in 2 plays right before the half (55 yard pass for a TD with 16 secs)...except for that, the D was pretty solid.

The Eagle's Cliff
September 17th, 2011, 08:04 PM
Final 23-14. Big time road win against a good team. Definitely going to have to limit the mistakes against the socon teams. But overall a pretty solid performance by Chattanooga. The Moc Defense must be among the most improved in the country.

Or maybe they've just faced the 95th and 97th offenses in FCS the last two weeks.xeyebrowx

BlueHenSinfonian
September 17th, 2011, 08:08 PM
Congrats to the Mocs, I was predicting EKU for the win on this one. It looks like there are shakeups in all of the major FCS conferences this year. EKU lot today, but they've played well so far this year, perhaps they are on their way back to FCS relevance.

chattownmocs
September 17th, 2011, 08:08 PM
Or maybe they've just faced the 95th and 97th offenses in FCS the last two weeks.xeyebrowx

Or maybe national stat rankings are completely irrelevant after 2 games and only a complete idiot would make a statement like that.

chattanoogamocs
September 17th, 2011, 08:16 PM
Come on now, no bagging on the Mocs D from a fan of a team that is giving up 19ppg so far this season...while playing juggernauts Samford and Tusculum

chattanoogamocs
September 17th, 2011, 08:20 PM
Now on to App State (yikes).

I am just hoping ASU is fat and lethargic after gorging on nothing but cupcakes for two straight weeks. Coach Moore might want to have them run some extra bleachers this week. :)

Terrierforlife
September 17th, 2011, 08:22 PM
Congrats Moc fans. You've represented the conference well.

theasushow
September 17th, 2011, 08:24 PM

I am just hoping ASU is fat and lethargic after gorging on nothing but cupcakes for two straight weeks. Coach Moore might want to have them run some extra bleachers this week. :)

Should be a great game, ASU still gave up quite a few yards today against a very overmatched team, but I give ASU the edge next week. a) i'm a homer b) the game is at the rock.

chattanoogamocs
September 17th, 2011, 08:28 PM
Should be a great game, ASU still gave up quite a few yards today against a very overmatched team, but I give ASU the edge next week. a) i'm a homer b) the game is at the rock.

I don't think you have to be a homer to give ASU the edge playing at home. It will take a near perfect game from the Mocs to get the upset.

The Eagle's Cliff
September 17th, 2011, 08:41 PM
Or maybe national stat rankings are completely irrelevant after 2 games and only a complete idiot would make a statement like that.

I think the complete idiot is the guy who, after two 6-5 season thinks the Mocs are world beaters. You'll get a test next week. Come out of Boone with a victory and I'll thump your chest for you.

The Eagle's Cliff
September 17th, 2011, 08:43 PM
Come on now, no bagging on the Mocs D from a fan of a team that is giving up 19ppg so far this season...while playing juggernauts Samford and Tusculum

I haven't been impressed with my team's play so far and have said so several times on this board.

Smitty
September 17th, 2011, 08:50 PM
Going to be a long week hearing how UTC should be ranked first because of the win....

GSU_Alum08
September 17th, 2011, 08:52 PM
Going to be a long week hearing how UTC should be ranked first because of the win....

I'm surprised he hasn't already made that thread.

noogamoc
September 17th, 2011, 08:59 PM
A quality road win for a team and program on the rise. Nothing to lose next week. ALL the pressure on the Mountaineers. xcoffeex

chattanoogamocs
September 17th, 2011, 09:03 PM

Yeah, it will be a long week because people like you line up to keep the threads going. As the Guinness guys like to say....BRILLIANT!

SouthernMan
September 17th, 2011, 09:06 PM
I'm surprised he hasn't already made that thread.

In fact he is pisst at Cmitty for stealing his idea.

Baldy
September 17th, 2011, 09:11 PM
Yeah, it will be a long week because people like you line up to keep the threads going. As the Guinness guys like to say....BRILLIANT!

No, that Tardo fan of yours would never let those threads die. xcoffeex

ekufbfan
September 17th, 2011, 09:11 PM
Congrats UTC. Not happy with the way EKU played the second half and especially the last 6 minutes, so it seems we have a way to go.
To the naysayers regarding UTC. The Chatty QB is for real, you doubt it? Wait and see what he can do. UTC played a more complete game than we did that's the bottom line. Hope that the UTC fans who made the trip to Richmond have a safe trip home, best of luck the rest of the season, hope you win them all.

boonegoon
September 17th, 2011, 09:14 PM
Congrats Moc fans. You've represented the conference well.

Their fans have nothing to do with it. Team?,yes.

SouthernMan
September 17th, 2011, 09:23 PM
Hope that the UTC fans who made the trip to Richmond have a safe trip home, best of luck the rest of the season, hope you win them all.

All four of them.

noogamoc
September 17th, 2011, 09:23 PM
Thanks Ekufbfan. I have enjoyed our games with you guys.

T-Dog
September 17th, 2011, 09:26 PM
*cracks knuckles*

chattanoogamocs
September 17th, 2011, 09:32 PM
All four of them.

Actually, about 300.

Chattanooga must be doing well, pot shots against the Mocs and their fans have increased nearly 3 fold so far this season. :)

ekufbfan
September 17th, 2011, 09:36 PM
Actually enjoyed tailgating with several UTC fans this afternoon before the game. Fine folks.
Just sorry we could not get that WIN at home.

SouthernMan
September 17th, 2011, 09:38 PM
Actually, about 300.:)

Congrats. I hope they all make the trip to Paulson this year.

chattanoogamocs
September 17th, 2011, 09:40 PM
No, that Tardo fan of yours would never let those threads die. xcoffeex

Sorry, I'm not buying...the "Georgia Southern" thread is 143 posts long and only 15 of them are by chattownmocs. He is pushing y'all's buttons and you are more then happy to reply...just like the little monkey that keep pushing the button to get crack, even when there is an electrical shock involved. ;)

chattanoogamocs
September 17th, 2011, 09:43 PM
Actually enjoyed tailgating with several UTC fans this afternoon before the game. Fine folks.
Just sorry we could not get that WIN at home.

Just wanted to mention that a number of fans that listened to the EKU broadcast of the game (watching online) all had nothing but compliments about your announcers. Knowledgeable, fair, balanced (pulling for the home team without being overly homerish). And unlike a certain color man in the SoCon, yours wasn't drunk throughout the broadcast.

TwoFeathers
September 17th, 2011, 09:44 PM
Congrats Mocs!

The Eagle's Cliff
September 17th, 2011, 09:50 PM
Congrats UTC. Not happy with the way EKU played the second half and especially the last 6 minutes, so it seems we have a way to go.
To the naysayers regarding UTC. The Chatty QB is for real, you doubt it? Wait and see what he can do. UTC played a more complete game than we did that's the bottom line. Hope that the UTC fans who made the trip to Richmond have a safe trip home, best of luck the rest of the season, hope you win them all.

I don't think anyone doubts Coleman is a top QB, I certainly don't. There don't appear to be any "gimme's" in the SoCon this year, so far.

Next week: Chatty @ App; WCU @ GSU; Samford @ Wofford; Citadel @ Elon

At this point, who knows? Western is scoring points, but hasn't done anything defensively. Wofford played Clemson well, but damn near lost to Presbyterian. App has had two weeks of scrimmage against two awful teams. Chatty beat a pretty good defense tonight and they're ranked higher than they have been in a long time, but still have a lot more to prove. Samford has a good defense and enough good skill players on offense that they'll likely upset somebody. The Citadel is much improved and if they're running the offense well enough, they will continue to get better. Ga Southern has only played well 5 out of 8 quarters and still has question marks.

We could probably list a bunch of teams and have similar mixed reviews. That's where we usually are in week 3.

ekufbfan
September 17th, 2011, 10:06 PM
Just wanted to mention that a number of fans that listened to the EKU broadcast of the game (watching online) all had nothing but compliments about your announcers. Knowledgeable, fair, balanced (pulling for the home team without being overly homerish). And unlike a certain color man in the SoCon, yours wasn't drunk throughout the broadcast.

Greg Stotlmeyer is our long time announcer. He does a good job, tends to get excitied at times, but all in all good announcer and a loyal EKU fan. Interesting thing about Greg, he is a western ky u grad....smart man though, he picked the right team!

Milktruck74
September 17th, 2011, 10:27 PM

Thanks for the Hospitality. I had my crowd of 13 (3 families) drive down from Lexington, enjoyed some tailgating...some polite ribbing from a few fans, and thoroughly enjoyed the experience. You have a class program and class fans. I will absolutely be back if the Mocs play there again (shoot, I may even slide down for a few other games too). Thanks

Milktruck74
September 17th, 2011, 10:28 PM
Greg Stotlmeyer is our long time announcer. He does a good job, tends to get excitied at times, but all in all good announcer and a loyal EKU fan. Interesting thing about Greg, he is a western ky u grad....smart man though, he picked the right team!

Don't forget about Robb Lee on the PA....He has been there for 20 years.

FCS_pwns_FBS
September 17th, 2011, 10:42 PM
Will we have four SoCon teams in the top 10 this week? Don't think we will, but we should.

Milktruck74
September 17th, 2011, 10:48 PM
Will we have four SoCon teams in the top 10 this week? Don't think we will, but we should.

My poll has 4 SoCons in the top 10...and I really don't think its a homer ballot.

asumike83
September 17th, 2011, 11:45 PM

You may have a point there, UT-C is definitely the more tested team. After being clearly overmatched at VT and then playing two home games against inferior competition, it seems like the season doesn't really start until next weekend. Chattanooga has weapons, confidence and will be our first real test of the year. However, it is very hard to pick against ASU in Boone where we have lost 3 conference games since 1998.

Baldy
September 18th, 2011, 01:11 AM
Sorry, I'm not buying...the "Georgia Southern" thread is 143 posts long and only 15 of them are by chattownmocs. He is pushing y'all's buttons and you are more then happy to reply...just like the little monkey that keep pushing the button to get crack, even when there is an electrical shock involved. ;)
Who is this 'you'? I haven't made one reply in that thread. Besides, the above referenced Tard is the one who started the thread. xcoffeex

chattanoogamocs
September 18th, 2011, 01:30 AM
You may have a point there, UT-C is definitely the more tested team. After being clearly overmatched at VT and then playing two home games against inferior competition, it seems like the season doesn't really start until next weekend. Chattanooga has weapons, confidence and will be our first real test of the year. However, it is very hard to pick against ASU in Boone where we have lost 3 conference games since 1998.

I think if this game was in Chattanooga, ASU might not be able to wriggle off the hook like last year...but like I said in a later post, if Chattanooga is to pull off an upset in Boone, they will have to play a near perfect game. Chattanooga definitely won't be sneaking in to town under the radar.

chattanoogamocs
September 18th, 2011, 01:34 AM
Who is this 'you'? I haven't made one reply in that thread. Besides, the above referenced Tard is the one who started the thread. xcoffeex

Apologies, let me restate..."your fellow gsu tards kept the other thread going that was started by the utc tard"

UCMoc
September 18th, 2011, 09:28 AM
Apologies, let me restate..."your fellow gsu tards kept the other thread going that was started by the utk tard who for some reason claims utc on this board"

Corrected.

chattownmocs
September 18th, 2011, 09:53 AM
Highlights

http://www.gomocs.com/newMediaPlayer/sl/console.htm?id=799480&oemid=17700&SPSID=88681&CLIP_FILE_ID=799480&type=vod&DB_MENU_ID=&SPID=10577&CLIP_ID=786787&DB_OEM_ID=17700