PDA

View Full Version : Three yards and a cloud of dust... HA!

gasoutherneagle
September 17th, 2011, 02:11 PM
Any of you that haven't seen Georgia Southern play and still think the Triple-Option is a "three yards and a cloud of dust" offense.

Yeah, you're gonna need to check out the Georgia Tech/Kansas game (the Jackets run the Georgia Southern option) 4th qtr just started... Tech just scored again: 59-17 xbowxxbowxxbowxxbowx

gsugt1
September 17th, 2011, 03:01 PM
604 yards of rushing and 170 through the air.

gasoutherneagle
September 17th, 2011, 03:25 PM
9 straight scoring possessions. Man, for a minute I thought I needed to adjust the color on the TV... could have sworn I was watching Georgia Southern circa 1999.

PaladinFan
September 17th, 2011, 05:24 PM
It's a misconception that the triple option doesn't score quickly. GT lead college football a few years ago with plays over 20 yards.

Squealofthepig
September 17th, 2011, 05:28 PM
Not to take anything away, but one should note this was against Kansas, who may not even have FBS football in a few years.

Personally, I've loved the triple option ever since Wofford came to Washington-Griz and triple-opted their way to a win here. Sucks to lose, but the Terriers were a good bunch, and the style was hypnotic to watch. "Why does that keep working for them???"

GSU EAGLES
September 17th, 2011, 07:14 PM
It's a misconception that the triple option doesn't score quickly. GT lead college football a few years ago with plays over 20 yards.

Before today, they had more 20 yard plays than every other Conference's total play over 20 yards.