PDA

View Full Version : Big Sky Predictions 9-17

JALMOND
September 15th, 2011, 12:51 AM
Well now I'm at 13-4, not a great start to the year. What makes it even tough to swallow is that the only road teams to win a Big Sky represented game this year are Sac State (at Oregon State) and NAIA's Lindenwood (at Northern Colorado). Smart money evidently is on the home team. What about this week? Here are my predictions for this week's Big Sky games. Hoping for perfection.

EWU at UM---The Eagles good fortune of almost beating Washington was replaced with confusion by losing at South Dakota. The Grizzlies took care of Cal Poly at their big stadium after losing at Tennessee. One of the more surprising stories of the early season is the lack of any type of running game for the Eagles. The Grizzlies don't seem to have that problem...UM 21, EWU 17.

Minot State at MSU---Everyone else is playing in conference while the Bobcats are the odd man out. After playing the FBS and FCS, the Bobcats step down and play DII Minot State, who is making the transition to DII from NAIA. Will the Bobcats have any problem with the DII team, who has been having a difficult time scoring against the DII?..MSU 58, Minot State 7.

NAU at PSU---The two teams in the conference that still have a lot of questions surrounding them. The Lumberjacks were blown out by the Pac-12 and blew out the DII. The Vikings are more of an unknown, having only played one game, that against the NAIA? This should be interesting in that both should show exactly what they are made of...PSU 31, NAU 28.

UNC at ISU---One could always find these two teams near the bottom of the conference standings, which makes the outcome rather comical as one of these two will be 1-0 in conference at the end of the day. The Bengals fell to the FBS and beat their DII. The Bears lost to the FBS, but also lost to the NAIA...ISU 24, UNC 10.

Sac State at WSU---Good fortune of the Hornets after upsetting Oregon State, yet that all went out the window with the loss to Southern Utah. Surprising Wildcats have looked good, albeit in losses, to the FBS (other than the second half against Utah State). No one pictured the Wildcats having that much success against the FBS, much like no one saw the Hornets having that much success against the FBS either. What does it mean?...WSU 28, Sac State 27.

Smart money says, take the home team.

I Bleed Purple
September 15th, 2011, 04:59 AM
A nail biter. Too bad attendance will be so bad at the home opener. :(

wapiti
September 15th, 2011, 09:29 AM
EWU 17 at UM 28 This is a tough one to pick. History sides with UM, but these games seem to be close. So go with the home team.

Minot State 6 at MSU 48 MSU should be able to play the 2nd and 3rd string players after half time.

NAU32 at PSU 30 Another tough one to pick. No resason to pick either team so I picked against Jalmond so at least one of us will be correct.

UNC 14 at ISU 20 UNC got beat by a NAIA team and ISU is at home.

Sac State 21 at WSU 24 WSU played both FBS's decent and is at home. Sac St beat an FBS and lost to an FCS. As Jalmond said " take the home team."

Future Big Sky teams:
South Dakota St 17 @ Cal Poly 24

UTSA 24 @ Southern Utah 32

SanDiego 13 @ UC Davis 17

North Dakota 10 @ Fresno State 45

GrizFanStuckInUtah
September 15th, 2011, 10:28 AM
Eastern Wash 35
Montana 42

Minot State 6
Montana St 52

Northern Colorado 14
Idaho St 21

Northern Arizona 21
Portland St 24

Sacramento St 21
Weber St 28

JALMOND
September 17th, 2011, 10:47 PM
Well now I'm at 13-4, not a great start to the year. What makes it even tough to swallow is that the only road teams to win a Big Sky represented game this year are Sac State (at Oregon State) and NAIA's Lindenwood (at Northern Colorado). Smart money evidently is on the home team. What about this week? Here are my predictions for this week's Big Sky games. Hoping for perfection.

EWU at UM---The Eagles good fortune of almost beating Washington was replaced with confusion by losing at South Dakota. The Grizzlies took care of Cal Poly at their big stadium after losing at Tennessee. One of the more surprising stories of the early season is the lack of any type of running game for the Eagles. The Grizzlies don't seem to have that problem...UM 21, EWU 17.

Minot State at MSU---Everyone else is playing in conference while the Bobcats are the odd man out. After playing the FBS and FCS, the Bobcats step down and play DII Minot State, who is making the transition to DII from NAIA. Will the Bobcats have any problem with the DII team, who has been having a difficult time scoring against the DII?..MSU 58, Minot State 7.

NAU at PSU---The two teams in the conference that still have a lot of questions surrounding them. The Lumberjacks were blown out by the Pac-12 and blew out the DII. The Vikings are more of an unknown, having only played one game, that against the NAIA? This should be interesting in that both should show exactly what they are made of...PSU 31, NAU 28.

UNC at ISU---One could always find these two teams near the bottom of the conference standings, which makes the outcome rather comical as one of these two will be 1-0 in conference at the end of the day. The Bengals fell to the FBS and beat their DII. The Bears lost to the FBS, but also lost to the NAIA...ISU 24, UNC 10.

Sac State at WSU---Good fortune of the Hornets after upsetting Oregon State, yet that all went out the window with the loss to Southern Utah. Surprising Wildcats have looked good, albeit in losses, to the FBS (other than the second half against Utah State). No one pictured the Wildcats having that much success against the FBS, much like no one saw the Hornets having that much success against the FBS either. What does it mean?...WSU 28, Sac State 27.

Smart money says, take the home team.

Perfection, finally. This puts me at 18-4 for the year, still terrible but hopefully a sign of things to come.

I Bleed Purple
September 17th, 2011, 10:49 PM
My prediction of few fans at the game was thankfully incorrect. Good crowd. Dominating game. Great fun.

Squealofthepig
September 17th, 2011, 10:51 PM
Perfection, finally. This puts me at 18-4 for the year, still terrible but hopefully a sign of things to come.

Pretty damned close on scores too, other than our purple-clad friends in Utah beat up on the Hornets a lot more than ya thought. Grats on a good week, and thanks for picking the griz!

Squealofthepig
September 17th, 2011, 10:53 PM
My prediction of few fans at the game was thankfully incorrect. Good crowd. Dominating game. Great fun.

Grats on the win - why did you think the home opener would be poorly attended? (Was at the Weber/Sac State game two years ago; wasn't the opener, but the crowd seemed pretty solid/boisterous).

I Bleed Purple
September 17th, 2011, 10:55 PM
Grats on the win - why did you think the home opener would be poorly attended? (Was at the Weber/Sac State game two years ago; wasn't the opener, but the crowd seemed pretty solid/boisterous).

BYU vs. Utah

Squealofthepig
September 17th, 2011, 10:57 PM
BYU vs. Utah

D'oh! I should've known that, I'm watching that game now! :)

JALMOND
September 18th, 2011, 12:13 AM
No resason to pick either team so I picked against Jalmond so at least one of us will be correct.

Never pick against the master.:)