PDA

View Full Version : AGS voters and fans too!

darell1976
September 14th, 2011, 04:59 PM
A lot of people get some schools confused when voting or when talking about particular schools. What schools do you get confused? Please take NO offense to your teams.

I get Delaware and Delaware State, Jacksonville and Jacksonville State mixed up.

ursus arctos horribilis
September 14th, 2011, 05:02 PM
The "Jacksons" seem to have some recognition problems and of cours about 2 or 3% have a problem with the ND's.

The Cats
September 14th, 2011, 06:13 PM
I tend to confuse ASU with Samford. No, that's a small private school.

Maybe it's GSU that I sometimes confuse ASU with. No, GSU doesn't have the academics and ASU doesn't have the gnats.

Maybe it's UNC Greensboro I sometimes confuse ASU with. No, they don't play football and have they good looking coeds, lots of them.

Oh, just forget it...... ASU. NO EQUAL xbowx

Pard4Life
September 14th, 2011, 08:08 PM
Nobody... it's straightforward...

MR. CHICKEN
September 14th, 2011, 08:16 PM
16082..............TELL 'EM PARD.......IT'S YER DUTY TA KNOW DUH DIFF.........HOW SERIOUS UH I-AA'S.......ARE YA's......xconfusedx.......BRAWK!@delawarenotdelst ate.awk!

Rob Iola
September 14th, 2011, 09:34 PM
I get GSU mixed up...

Grizzaholic
September 14th, 2011, 09:38 PM
I get GSU mixed up...

I get Delaware and Delaware State mixed up.

BlueHenSinfonian
September 14th, 2011, 09:40 PM
Abbreviation-wise I always have to think about CCU vs. CCSU, is it Coastal Carolina State University and Central Connecticut University, or Central Connecticut State University and Coastal Carolina University? It's pretty easy in the poll though since it's all spelled out.

MR. CHICKEN
September 14th, 2011, 10:34 PM
I get Delaware and Delaware State mixed up.

16085...AH GET MONTANA & MONTANA STATE...CORNFUSED...DOESN'T STATE...HAVE DUH STADIUM...&...DANCIN' BEAR...xconfusedx...AWK!

DJKyR0
September 14th, 2011, 10:54 PM
Cal-Poly and Cal-Davis. That one always gets me. Oh, and Cal-Bakersfield.

Twentysix
September 14th, 2011, 11:08 PM
None. Probably shouldn't vote if you are confusing schools :S.

Side Judge
September 14th, 2011, 11:25 PM
16085...AH GET MONTANA & MONTANA STATE...CORNFUSED...DOESN'T STATE...HAVE DUH STADIUM...&...DANCIN' BEAR...xconfusedx...AWK!

But in the end, does it really matter?

MR. CHICKEN
September 14th, 2011, 11:30 PM
But in the end, does it really matter?

NAW......BOAFF...FROM DUH BIG FLUFFY.......AN' USUALLAH GONE BAH......ROUND TWO....O'...THREE............DOODLE-DOO-DOO!

darell1976
September 15th, 2011, 07:58 AM
None. Probably shouldn't vote if you are confusing schools :S.

You are the reason I put started this. You complain that votes for UND should have gone to NDSU. Well where are the voters who get these two schools confused so we can help them out.

TheRevSFA
September 15th, 2011, 08:16 AM
I get Lamar University and DII Schools confused.

Smitty
September 15th, 2011, 08:27 AM
Delaware vs Delaware State, Jacksonville vs Jacksonville State, so in other words the usual.

andy7171
September 15th, 2011, 08:44 AM
Jackson State, Jacksonville State and Jacksonville

URMite
September 15th, 2011, 10:33 AM
Jackson State, Jacksonville State and Jacksonville

I agree with Andy! I don't get the schools confused, but if you just say Jackson, I have to decipher which one you are talking about. Or even better Jack. U xlolx

URMite
September 15th, 2011, 10:35 AM
Oh and when ESPN uses abbreviations...I was really surprised when EWU loss to San Diego last week...

eiu1999
September 15th, 2011, 10:35 AM
ISU and ISU.

TheBisonator
September 15th, 2011, 10:56 AM
ISU and ISU.

There's also ISU and ISU as well.

Not to mention MSU and MSU.

URMite
September 15th, 2011, 02:12 PM
Yeah, there's

Iowa, Idaho, Illinois, Indiana but

only Montana, Michigan, McNeese I don't hear about Minnesota, Maine, or Massachusetts

TheBisonator
September 15th, 2011, 08:25 PM
Yeah, there's

Iowa, Idaho, Illinois, Indiana but

only Montana, Michigan, McNeese I don't hear about Minnesota, Maine, or Massachusetts

There's two Minnesota State Universities - One in Mankato and one in Moorhead.

darell1976
September 15th, 2011, 09:06 PM
There's two Minnesota State Universities - One in Mankato and one in Moorhead.

And one on DVD!!! Starring Craig T. Nelsonxlolx

MR. CHICKEN
September 15th, 2011, 10:59 PM
And one on DVD!!! Starring Craig T. Nelsonxlolx

16096.....AH'M THINKIN'...COACH LUTHER...&...DUH SKANDA-NAVIAN......ARE NOW... @......CHATTANOOGAH!........BRAWK!

blukeys
September 16th, 2011, 12:16 AM
A lot of people get some schools confused when voting or when talking about particular schools. What schools do you get confused? Please take NO offense to your teams.

I get Delaware and Delaware State, Jacksonville and Jacksonville State mixed up.

Why are people with this level of ignorance voting in any poll??? This statement is an indictment of the AGS poll. I am not from the south but I know that there is a world of difference between Jacksonville and Jacksonville State. I am not from the upper mid west but I know that North Dakota are the Fighting Sioux and that NDSU are the Bison. If you can't learn and remember maybe you need to take notes. By the way Lehigh and Lafayette are near each other and both schools have names that start with a L but they are not the same school.

darell1976
September 16th, 2011, 08:02 AM
Why are people with this level of ignorance voting in any poll??? This statement is an indictment of the AGS poll. I am not from the south but I know that there is a world of difference between Jacksonville and Jacksonville State. I am not from the upper mid west but I know that North Dakota are the Fighting Sioux and that NDSU are the Bison. If you can't learn and remember maybe you need to take notes. By the way Lehigh and Lafayette are near each other and both schools have names that start with a L but they are not the same school.

So when you see SDSU vs Illinois did you think it was San Diego State or South Dakota State? UND could be University of North Dakota or University of Notre Dame which played each other last season in hockey. UND vs UND. Its not ignorance if you mistake a team by initials but ignorance if you don't know the team you are voting for. I do a little research and make sure I have the right school. But twentysix is complaining all the votes for UND (North Dakota not Notre Dame) should have gone to NDSU, he has brought this up 2 weeks in a row. So I started this thread to find out who is doing it, and if they need some help sorting out the two schools. You are right they should take notes.

Side Judge
September 16th, 2011, 08:42 AM
So when you see SDSU vs Illinois did you think it was San Diego State or South Dakota State? UND could be University of North Dakota or University of Notre Dame which played each other last season in hockey. UND vs UND. Its not ignorance if you mistake a team by initials but ignorance if you don't know the team you are voting for. I do a little research and make sure I have the right school. But twentysix is complaining all the votes for UND (North Dakota not Notre Dame) should have gone to NDSU, he has brought this up 2 weeks in a row. So I started this thread to find out who is doing it, and if they need some help sorting out the two schools. You are right they should take notes.

Part of the problem is attempting to sort results over the weekend while accessing scores over mobile web sites like ESPN on your handheld, where box scores only list initials and not full names - very easy to mistake one school for another, especially if it's not one you typically follow...

darell1976
September 16th, 2011, 09:14 AM
Part of the problem is attempting to sort results over the weekend while accessing scores over mobile web sites like ESPN on your handheld, where box scores only list initials and not full names - very easy to mistake one school for another, especially if it's not one you typically follow...

Right and most of the problem is initials of schools. UND, NDSU simple but ESPN comes up with their own initials Like N Dkta, N Dkta St. ND could mean Notre Dame or North Dakota.

Squealofthepig
September 16th, 2011, 11:15 AM

And ESPN sometimes goes out of their way to include really weird abbreviations, especially in their ticker; a few years ago "UMC" playing Kansas, for example. I was excited! Hooray, the military is finally doing something about those damned jayhawks. But no, they just took Mizzou's official name (University of Missouri at Columbia).

So far, the only mistake I've made voting was Jacksonville/Jacksonville State last year, but a mod caught it for me.

darell1976
September 16th, 2011, 11:27 AM
And ESPN sometimes goes out of their way to include really weird abbreviations, especially in their ticker; a few years ago "UMC" playing Kansas, for example. I was excited! Hooray, the military is finally doing something about those damned jayhawks. But no, they just took Mizzou's official name (University of Missouri at Columbia).

So far, the only mistake I've made voting was Jacksonville/Jacksonville State last year, but a mod caught it for me.
I think it was CBS put South Dakota Tech instead of South Dakota State. OUCH!!