PDA

View Full Version : School Affiliation Added

Mountaineer
September 14th, 2011, 12:00 PM
It doesn't seem like many read the Comments section, but Pard4Life asked for the ability to display the school/team you're a fan of in the forums. Ursus said it's cool so it's been added.

There's a new entry in your "My Profile" (About Me tab) titled "My Team" It works just the same as "Location".

http://img717.imageshack.us/img717/2015/mtags2.jpg

Enter something and it will show up under your user name when posting on the forums and elsewhere.

http://img708.imageshack.us/img708/4464/mtags.jpg

DJKyR0
September 14th, 2011, 12:03 PM
Random question that seems in the general area of this topic - is there a post count one has to reach to get the ability to alter the "title" field right underneath username and reputation on the profile area of each user's posts? Or am I just missing the field for it?

Mountaineer
September 14th, 2011, 12:04 PM
Random question that seems in the general area of this topic - is there a post count one has to reach to get the ability to alter the "title" field right underneath username and reputation on the profile area of each user's posts? Or am I just missing the field for it?

Yeah, you need 7,000 posts for a custom title. :D

DJKyR0
September 14th, 2011, 12:05 PM

Is baiting chattownmocs or citdog an acceptable way to bolster post counts?

appfan2008
September 14th, 2011, 12:08 PM
I lilke that school idea... i will update mine...

TheRevSFA
September 14th, 2011, 12:12 PM
Yeah I agree...or can I do the thing in which I make 10 posts containing one word each

ursus arctos horribilis
September 14th, 2011, 12:51 PM
Is baiting chattownmocs or citdog an acceptable way to bolster post counts?

Acceptable? It's almost a mandate!

ursus arctos horribilis
September 14th, 2011, 12:53 PM
Yeah I agree...or can I do the thing in which I make 10 posts containing one word each

Rev, if you start messing with my enjoyment of reading your posts like that I'll change your title and you ain't gonna like it.:D

eiu1999
Done.

ursus arctos horribilis
Mountaineer, thank you for your help brother because that's sweet. Thanks to pard for the suggestion as well.

danefan
September 14th, 2011, 12:58 PM
Great add!

AppAlum2003
September 14th, 2011, 12:58 PM
I'm officially offering my title up for auction. Highest bid before next Tuesday at 5:00 ET gets to mandate my title... Whatever you want. Paypal is accepted.

superman7515
September 14th, 2011, 12:59 PM
Doesn't work without a link to your PayPal bud.

AppAlum2003
September 14th, 2011, 01:05 PM
Will post once bidding ends. Plus, I'll probably just back out anyway.

Mountaineer
September 14th, 2011, 01:09 PM
Mountaineer, thank you for your help brother because that's sweet. Thanks to pard for the suggestion as well.

Thanks for letting me tinker behind the scenes (sometimes before asking). xthumbsupx

Now..about turning on Visitor Messaging. :D

ursus arctos horribilis
September 14th, 2011, 01:15 PM
Thanks for letting me tinker behind the scenes (sometimes before asking). xthumbsupx

Now..about turning on Visitor Messaging. :D

If you can do it without crashing the site then by all means do what you do.

sikolec
September 14th, 2011, 01:27 PM
Great idea. Will update :)

Mountaineer
September 14th, 2011, 01:39 PM
Alright, Visitor Messaging has been enabled. It's another tab on your My Profile page:

http://img853.imageshack.us/img853/1784/vismess1.jpg

--------

For those that want to turn the ability off (or back on) it's easy to do. Click on the Forum Options drop box and select General Settings. The Visitor Messaging options are right below Private Messaging:

http://img716.imageshack.us/img716/7289/vismess2.jpg

ursus arctos horribilis
September 14th, 2011, 01:46 PM
I replied to you on that thread. Does it cross over and show ya or is it just in my profile?xthumbsupx

TheRevSFA
September 14th, 2011, 02:05 PM
Rev, if you start messing with my enjoyment of reading your posts like that I'll change your title and you ain't gonna like it.:D

Wait someone actually enjoys reading my posts? :D

AppAlum2003
September 14th, 2011, 02:09 PM
Wait someone actually enjoys reading my posts? :D

He's just on TheRevSFA bandwagon early in the season. Once you have a few bad posts, he'll go right back to reading nothing but Grizzaholic's posts.

TheRevSFA
September 14th, 2011, 02:13 PM
He's just on TheRevSFA bandwagon early in the season. Once you have a few bad posts, he'll go right back to reading nothing but Grizzaholic's posts.

My bandwagon is riding low. It's pretty packed. It will do well during the regular season but once I get my *** kicked in the playoffs, people will disappear for 9 months.

AppAlum2003
September 14th, 2011, 02:16 PM
My bandwagon is riding low. It's pretty packed. It will do well during the regular season but once I get my *** kicked in the playoffs, people will disappear for 9 months.

Mine is sad... I get a lot of viewers, but everyone keeps leaving about halfway through. I think they're just spoiled by my genius.

Smitty
September 14th, 2011, 02:22 PM
Because if it wasn't obvious before...

StorminASU
September 14th, 2011, 02:33 PM
This is not showing up

Grizzaholic
September 14th, 2011, 02:40 PM
So...this visitor messaging. What is it and how is it different than a PM?

danefan
September 14th, 2011, 02:45 PM
This is not showing up

I see your team indicated.

Mountaineer
September 14th, 2011, 02:53 PM
So...this visitor messaging. What is it and how is it different than a PM?

That's kind of what it's like. But a public message. Instead of going through the PM interface, you can simply click on their profile and leave a note (or smack..or) in the box. It is BBCode capable (text styles, images, etc.) with a 2000 character limit. It's just another way of adding some extra functionality to the site.

And it's optional. Easy to turn off if you so chose. xrotatehx

StorminASU
September 14th, 2011, 03:25 PM
I see your team indicated.

I tried clearing my cache and everything else and I still can't see mine or anyone elses. I also turned on visitor messaging, but it doesn't show up under profile. Any idea what I'm doing wrong???

Mountaineer
September 14th, 2011, 03:28 PM
I tried clearing my cache and everything else and I still can't see mine or anyone elses. I also turned on visitor messaging, but it doesn't show up under profile. Any idea what I'm doing wrong???

You're looking here, right Stormin?

I see yours just fine, and I just left you a visitor message to test it out. Worked there too. :)

ursus arctos horribilis
September 14th, 2011, 03:37 PM
I see all the stuff on Stormin's account as well and also left him a message. Must be some sort of cookie with your browser that will "catch up" at some point here...

Smitty
September 14th, 2011, 03:38 PM

You should format your C: drive... that should solve the issue

StorminASU
September 14th, 2011, 03:41 PM
You're looking here, right Stormin?

I see yours just fine, and I just left you a visitor message to test it out. Worked there too. :)

Yeah, I am. I'll wait a day or two and see what happens. Go ahead and try reformatting Cmitty, let me know if it works.

Smitty
September 14th, 2011, 03:43 PM
Yeah, I am. I'll wait a day or two and see what happens. Go ahead and try reformatting Cmitty, let me know if it works.

Haha mine works without that, thanks!

gasoutherneagle
September 14th, 2011, 03:57 PM
DAMMIT! If I hadn't taken that little two year hiatus, causing my count to reset, I'D FREAKIN' BE THERE!

Mountaineer
September 14th, 2011, 04:00 PM
DAMMIT! If I hadn't taken that little two year hiatus, causing my count to reset, I'D FREAKIN' BE THERE!

Sucks to be sure. But look on the bright side, imagine the fun you'll have making 6,794 more posts now. xthumbsupx

GrizFanStuckInUtah
September 14th, 2011, 04:09 PM

Man, I haven't made it in almost 5 years, doesn't look like I will anytime soon. xbangxxlolx

ursus arctos horribilis
September 14th, 2011, 04:37 PM
Mounty, is there a setting to notify me that I got a response when I leave a profile message? I know it shows a notification when there is one left on my page but I just left a message on eagle's page and I'm not sure if I just have to go back there and look later or if I can get a notification for that?

That would make this feature even more useful.

Mountaineer
September 14th, 2011, 05:10 PM
Mounty, is there a setting to notify me that I got a response when I leave a profile message? I know it shows a notification when there is one left on my page but I just left a message on eagle's page and I'm not sure if I just have to go back there and look later or if I can get a notification for that?

That would make this feature even more useful.

If you leave a message on someone's page you won't get a notice. If you reply to a message left by another on your own page you won't get a notice.

It's kind of designed like PMs, back and forth..you leave a message on my wall..I get a notice and check it out..I reply to you on your wall..you get a notice. Since you left a message on eagle's page he'll get a notice - he should then reply to you on your wall so you'll get a notice.

Then there's the "View Conversation" feature that you can select by my name (or anyone else you converse with). It'll show a running order of messages we've posted back and forth to each other.

ursus arctos horribilis
September 14th, 2011, 05:18 PM
If you leave a message on someone's page you won't get a notice. If you reply to a message left by another on your own page you won't get a notice.

It's kind of designed like PMs, back and forth..you leave a message on my wall..I get a notice and check it out..I reply to you on your wall..you get a notice. Since you left a message on eagle's page he'll get a notice - he should then reply to you on your wall so you'll get a notice.

Then there's the "View Conversation" feature that you can select by my name (or anyone else you converse with). It'll show a running order of messages we've posted back and forth to each other.

OK, now I'm getting the gist of this thing. Thanks for the tutoring brother.

gasoutherneagle
September 14th, 2011, 05:44 PM
I just left a message on eagle's page

Mrs. gasoutherneagle is teaching a class this evening. Had to take a little break to cook dinner for me and the kids. Your message answered.

Pard4Life
September 14th, 2011, 08:23 PM
It doesn't seem like many read the Comments section, but Pard4Life asked for the ability to display the school/team you're a fan of in the forums. Ursus said it's cool so it's been added.

There's a new entry in your "My Profile" (About Me tab) titled "My Team" It works just the same as "Location".

http://img717.imageshack.us/img717/2015/mtags2.jpg

Enter something and it will show up under your user name when posting on the forums and elsewhere.

Cool!! Looks great... didn't expect to see it that fast!

Grizzaholic
September 15th, 2011, 01:16 AM
This feature sucks ***. Those that use it should be banned to the RALPH Playhouse

bkrownd
September 15th, 2011, 01:58 AM
Hill-Murray sucks! Go Bears!

Twentysix
September 15th, 2011, 02:11 AM
Solid addition.

AppStsGr8
September 15th, 2011, 07:22 AM
Great idea. Thanks.

Grizzaholic
September 15th, 2011, 07:52 AM

You have to push this key before it will work.

http://profile.ak.fbcdn.net/hprofile-ak-snc4/50553_59786209197_5594_n.jpg

Fear the Bird
September 15th, 2011, 10:16 AM
Great new feature!

I can't seem to edit my signature though - anybody have any thoughts why?

ursus arctos horribilis
September 15th, 2011, 10:28 AM
Great new feature!

i'll go check your account and see if there is anything in there stopping it.

ursus arctos horribilis
September 15th, 2011, 10:32 AM
Great new feature!

Can't see anything that would stop ftb. Pm me what you want and I'll insert it for you though.

Smitty
September 15th, 2011, 11:59 AM
Mrs. gasoutherneagle is teaching a class this evening. Had to take a little break to cook dinner for me and the kids. Your message answered.

Dude change your sig, Chuck Norris has only approved UTC football.

StorminASU
September 15th, 2011, 12:10 PM
It's me again, back with the same ole problem. I tried signing out of my account and when I did I could see everyone's team, but when I signed back in, the teams all disappeared like a fart in a fan factory. Any idea what's happening?

AppAlum2003
September 15th, 2011, 12:23 PM
It's me again, back with the same ole problem. I tried signing out of my account and when I did I could see everyone's team, but when I signed back in, the teams all disappeared like a fart in a fan factory. Any idea what's happening?

It's not a browser or pc issue. I'm seeing (or in this case, not seeing) the same thing. I've logged in on 3 different browsers on my work computer, iPhone and home computer. It's got be something in the Account Settings.

Smitty
September 15th, 2011, 12:42 PM
You guys using a different skin than the forum default? It probably hasn't been updated on the other options...

AppAlum2003
September 15th, 2011, 12:46 PM
You guys using a different skin than the forum default? It probably hasn't been updated on the other options...

Dangit... now I have to give reps to a kid from Western. SMH...

StorminASU
September 15th, 2011, 01:27 PM
Dangit... now I have to give reps to a kid from Western. SMH...

I never thought it would come to that, haha.

For realz though, when I can I put on my morbid black skin again and actually see everyone's team?

This sounds racist if you read it enough

Fear the Bird
September 15th, 2011, 02:07 PM
i'll go check your account and see if there is anything in there stopping it.

Thanks Ursus - silly me was looking on the wrong page all along but I did figure it out

AppAlum2003
September 15th, 2011, 02:08 PM
I never thought it would come to that, haha.

For realz though, when I can I put on my morbid black skin again and actually see everyone's team?

This sounds racist if you read it enough

TJ? Verdict?