PDA

View Full Version : 8 UTC players ruled ineligible

Hansel
May 17th, 2005, 07:31 AM
For the second year in a row, the University of Tennessee at Chattanooga football team has taken considerable academic hits defensively… According to two sources in the UTC athletic department, the Mocs have lost eight defensive players to academic deficiencies, including two defensive backs who transferred from Southeastern Conference schools

http://class.timesfreepress.com/ShowStoryTemplate.asp?path=ChatTFPress/2005/05/17&id=Ar02503&section=Sports

need to pay to register

GreatAppSt
May 17th, 2005, 08:03 AM
UTC Just dropped to finish fifth in My SoCon rankings.

Eagle_77
May 17th, 2005, 08:05 AM
This is very sad. The fans for this program just can not catch a break. When things seem like they cant get any worse something like this happens. I really thought this team would make some big strides this year but I think they are now back at the bottom of the pack again. Once again Im sorry for all the Moc fans!

89Hen
May 17th, 2005, 08:22 AM
:doh: where was that thread about maybe this being their year to make some progress? :nonono2:

Josh
May 17th, 2005, 09:29 AM
For the second year in a row, the University of Tennessee at Chattanooga football team has taken considerable academic hits defensively… According to two sources in the UTC athletic department, the Mocs have lost eight defensive players to academic deficiencies, including two defensive backs who transferred from Southeastern Conference schools

http://class.timesfreepress.com/ShowStoryTemplate.asp?path=ChatTFPress/2005/05/17&id=Ar02503&section=Sports

need to pay to register

Who are the players? I know Tyrus Ward is ineligible but who else?

Golden Eagle
May 17th, 2005, 09:54 AM
Quite a blow. When will Mocs fans catch a break?

eaglefan452
May 17th, 2005, 09:56 AM
I agree that this is very unfortunate for UTC fans. I was looking forward to see the improvements that they have made in their program and if the successfull recruits from the last few years would take UTC to the next level in the SoCon.

OL FU
May 17th, 2005, 10:03 AM
From Chattanooga MocFans:

CB Safety Brandon Johnson from Tennessee and cornerback Brian Staley from Mississippi State will miss the 2005 season along with Brandon Ridgeway, a full-time linebacker starter for UTC last year. Jazz Johnson, a part-time starter at linebacker, cornerbacks Isaiah Gay and Desmond Mosby, safety Denis Gordon and defensive lineman Garrett Williams also are ineligible.

Tribe4SF
May 17th, 2005, 10:16 AM
Responsibility for this situation rests squarely with the coaching staff and the AD. With that many players ineligible (coupled with previous problems), the problem is clearly systemic. If I were President of UTC, I'd be cleaning house. How odd that the championship of our great division is played on the home field of a program that is so far out-of-step with all that's good in I-AA.

Saint3333
May 17th, 2005, 11:40 AM
Looks like teams should be able to pass on UTC again, look for Richie and Co. to break some records versus the Mocs in Boone this year.

The difference this year will be ASU defense won't give up 50 points a game.

Hansel
May 17th, 2005, 11:48 AM
Responsibility for this situation rests squarely with the coaching staff and the AD. With that many players ineligible (coupled with previous problems), the problem is clearly systemic. If I were President of UTC, I'd be cleaning house. How odd that the championship of our great division is played on the home field of a program that is so far out-of-step with all that's good in I-AA.
:nod: :nod: :nod: :nod: :nod: :nod: :nod:

Cocky
May 17th, 2005, 11:48 AM
Looks like teams should be able to pass on UTC again, look for Richie and Co. to break some records versus the Mocs in Boone this year.

The difference this year will be ASU defense won't give up 50 points a game.

Running wasn't a problem for us last year. Their defense was the worst I've ever seen. I still believe they will be improved on defense. Their offensive will be better with the Sophomore RB and QB.

blur2005
May 17th, 2005, 11:48 PM
Damn, and I had them winning the SoCon....siiiiiike.

polsongrizz
May 18th, 2005, 12:03 AM
Maybe that new turf will even things up... ;)