PDA

View Full Version : MVC Injuries

JacksFan06
September 13th, 2011, 02:54 PM
How everyone's team in the MVC doing with injuries?

SDSU's so far:
Starting TE - JR Seth Daughters (knee, good chance out for season)
Starting LB - SR Erich Feller (missed last game, not sure of why or how long he'll be out)
3rd String DE - RFR Auston LaBlance (Shoulder surgery, not sure how long he'll be out)

Houndawg
September 13th, 2011, 03:04 PM
Our best o lineman and d lineman were dinged at ole Miss, hoping this bye week gets them back soon.

NT Kayon Swanson was just named National Defensive Player of the Week for his 8 tackle, 3.0 TFL, 2 sack performance against Ole Miss's Rimington Award candidate who could not single block Swanson.

OT David Pickard led the 223 yard rushing attack until hurt. If he comes back you may as well start practicing to stop the stretch left play. Ole Miss couldn't stop it when they knew it was coming.

THE HERD
September 13th, 2011, 03:08 PM
WR Zach Vraa broken collar bone out for 6-8 weeks

underdawg
September 13th, 2011, 05:48 PM
Our best o lineman and d lineman were dinged at ole Miss, hoping this bye week gets them back soon.

NT Kayon Swanson was just named National Defensive Player of the Week for his 8 tackle, 3.0 TFL, 2 sack performance against Ole Miss's Rimington Award candidate who could not single block Swanson.

OT David Pickard led the 223 yard rushing attack until hurt. If he comes back you may as well start practicing to stop the stretch left play. Ole Miss couldn't stop it when they knew it was coming.

Hey, we only got all those yards because of the short field! LOL

Gil Dobie
September 13th, 2011, 06:15 PM
Anyone from Creighton or Wichita St got a report ;)

MSUBear42
September 13th, 2011, 08:11 PM
Missouri State's whole team is injured mentally by the early schedule.

underdawg
September 14th, 2011, 01:06 PM
Hang in there Bear42. I guess your program needed the money?

DJKyR0
September 14th, 2011, 01:14 PM
NDSU's injuries:

Zach Vraa: broken collarbone. Out 6-8 weeks as mentioned.
DJ McNorton: Grade-I ankle inversion. Should be good to go for Minnesota, sat out St. Francis
Billy Turner: thumb ligament deal, wearing a cast but can still play. As Coach Bohl put it, "linemen never hold anyway."

Had a few concussions during fall camp, including DT Justin Juckem, but sounds like he'll be back for Minnesota if he didn't play for St. Francis. All in all, NDSU is good to go.

PantherRob82
September 14th, 2011, 01:15 PM
Carlos Anderson from UNI is out. Heard high ankle sprain.

Houndawg
September 14th, 2011, 01:23 PM
FB John Goode out with a back injury, maybe done with football. Best blocking back in FCS.

Professor Chaos
September 14th, 2011, 02:22 PM
Carlos Anderson from UNI is out. Heard high ankle sprain.
How does that local RB that UNI recruited a couple years ago look? Can't remember his name but I'm thinking it's Andre Dawson or something like that. I remember being pretty impressed with the number of big time schools he was getting offers from and still choosing UNI. Is he still there? If so, is he getting a look while Anderson is out?

unigriff
September 14th, 2011, 02:32 PM
How does that local RB that UNI recruited a couple years ago look? Can't remember his name but I'm thinking it's Andre Dawson or something like that. I remember being pretty impressed with the number of big time schools he was getting offers from and still choosing UNI. Is he still there? If so, is he getting a look while Anderson is out?

Dawson left the program. I think he 1. saw the writing on the wall with Anderson only being a junior and a great RB core already in place and 2. rumors that he didnt get along with Farley and staff. I believe he is playing at a smaller school somewhere...CC i think. Can't remember where.

David Johnson is our big bruising back and compliments Anderson amazingly. Reminds me of Corey Lewis/Terrance Freeney combo.

leatherneck177
September 14th, 2011, 03:08 PM
Western's O-Line is pretty beat up. Valle, the center is out at least 6-8 weeks with a broken hand. They were already down a starting guard before the season when Dancer was ruled ineligible. So they have 2 other starters playing out of position, which has forced several FR and SO into the two deep.

Not good.

UNIFanSince1983
September 14th, 2011, 03:21 PM
FB John Goode out with a back injury, maybe done with football. Best blocking back in FCS.

Wait, what is his middle name?

Professor Chaos
September 14th, 2011, 03:28 PM
Dawson left the program. I think he 1. saw the writing on the wall with Anderson only being a junior and a great RB core already in place and 2. rumors that he didnt get along with Farley and staff. I believe he is playing at a smaller school somewhere...CC i think. Can't remember where.

David Johnson is our big bruising back and compliments Anderson amazingly. Reminds me of Corey Lewis/Terrance Freeney combo.
Interesting, thanks for the info. Usually when a recruit seems to good to be true, he usually is. NDSU had the same type of thing happen with a transfer the offseason before last. Big DE transferred in from Wisconsin who was a top 10 rated talent at his position coming out of high school. He lasted about 2 weeks at NDSU before transferring again to a D3 in Wisconsin somewhere where he finished the year in a backup role with only a handful of tackles. It just doesn't click for some kids no matter how talented they looked as recruits.