Bryant
CCSU
Duq.
Villanova
RMU
SFPA

aceinthehole
September 12th, 2011, 08:29 AM
Albany vs. Maine - I think Albany has a very good chance, but on paper have to give the nod to the Black Bears.
Bryant @ Sacred Heart - This is going to be closer than it should be, as Bryant is reeling from injuries.
CCSU @ Wagner - A shootout on Staten Island, and CCSU shows it has more depth.
Duquesne vs. Valparaiso - The Dukes make it 2 in a row over PFL teams.
Monmouth @ Villanova - 'Nova is down, but not enough for Monmouth to pull out a road win.
RMU @ Morgan State - Colonials win another one for the NEC over the MEAC
SFPA vs. Morehead State - Red Flash return to the friendly confines of the Pine Bowl to face a non-scholly team.

Justin Observation
September 12th, 2011, 08:57 AM
Week 3 Games
Albany vs. Maine- UAlbany pulls the upset
Bryant @ Sacred Heart- Bryant is pretty good this year
CCSU @ Wagner- Played well with JM and shoul've beat them.
Duquesne vs. Valparaiso- Valpo is the worst team in D-I Football
Monmouth @ Villanova- Nova in a thriller
RMU @ Morgan State- Thank you Lord for this game. It will be close though.
SFPA vs. Morehead State - Morehead is a much improved team and SFPA is still hunkered down in shell-shock from the NDSU drilling

401ks
September 12th, 2011, 09:14 AM
Albany vs. Maine - Maine appears too tough for a repeat of the last two years.
Bryant @ Sacred Heart - Bryant is hurting, but Sacred Heart is in for a looooong season. I agree with the "closer than it should be" comment above.
CCSU @ Wagner - One of numerous tough contests this year in the NEC
Duquesne vs. Valparaiso - Yikes!
Monmouth @ Villanova - Moral victory for the Hawks, but not a scoreboard victory
RMU @ Morgan State - Colonials finally get their first 'W' of 2011
SFPA vs. Morehead State - This is a vote with my heart, not my head. Morehead State is no pushover, and the Red Flash really need this one at home. xprayx

andy7171
September 12th, 2011, 09:39 AM
Albany vs. Maine
Bryant @ Sacred Heart
CCSU @ Wagner
Duquesne vs. Valparaiso
Monmouth @ Villanova
RMU @ Morgan State
SFPA vs. Morehead State

Seahawks Fan
September 12th, 2011, 10:05 AM
Albany vs. Maine
Bryant @ Sacred Heart
CCSU @ Wagner
Duquesne vs. Valparaiso
Monmouth @ Villanova
RMU @ Morgan State
SFPA vs. Morehead State

busybee14
September 12th, 2011, 02:37 PM
Albany
Bryant
Wagner-Thinking positive here.This will be a real test
Duquesne
Nova
RMU
Morehead ST

hidalgo
September 12th, 2011, 04:14 PM
Maine
Bryant
Wagner
Duquesne
Villanova
Morgan St
Morehead st

jayhawkdaddy
September 12th, 2011, 05:59 PM
Maine
Bryant
Wagner
Duquesne
Villanova
Robert Morris
Morehead State

RattlerFan70
September 12th, 2011, 06:55 PM
Albany vs. Maine
Bryant @ Sacred Heart
CCSU @ Wagner
Duquesne vs. Valparaiso
Monmouth @ Villanova
RMU @ Morgan State
SFPA vs. Morehead State

crusader11
September 13th, 2011, 11:42 AM
Albany vs. Maine
Bryant @ Sacred Heart
CCSU @ Wagner
Duquesne vs. Valparaiso
Monmouth @ Villanova
RMU @ Morgan State
SFPA vs. Morehead State...hard to believe that this is actually considered Division 1 football.

danefan
September 13th, 2011, 11:47 AM
Albany vs. Maine - home opener for the Danes. Maine is coming off a decent showing at Pitt. I'm having a hard time with this game. I think Albany has the firepower to put up points but on the other side I think Maine is hungry for payback after losing the last two years. Whatever happens here, I can almost guarantee it won't be 3-0 like last year. I'll go with Maine, but only because I defer to depth.

Bryant @ Sacred Heart - SH is terrible.

CCSU @ Wagner - Wagner might be decent, but CCSU is stronger.

Duquesne vs. Valparaiso - Valpo has 50+ newcomers this year. Duquesne in a blowout.

Monmouth @ Villanova - Both teams in a down year means Nova still wins.

RMU @ Morgan State - RMU better win this game.

SFPA vs. Morehead State - coin toss.

NEC team rankings after two weeks:

1. CCSU
2. Albany
3. Duquesne
4. Wagner
5. Bryant
6. Robert Morris
7. Monmouth
8. St. Francis
9. Sacred Heart

Very tight in the 2-4 range and Bryant and RMU are interchangeable at this point I think.

MUHAWKS
September 13th, 2011, 07:59 PM
Dane Fan i think you are gonna be eating your words soon putting Monmouth that low.. We will be in the mix for the championship... What are you basing this on? Preseason polls and Lehigh game?????? anyway..just saying..

Albany vs. Maine
Bryant @ Sacred Heart
CCSU @ Wagner I will take Wagner
Duquesne vs. Valparaiso Duquesne
Monmouth @ Villanova MU
RMU @ Morgan State RMU
SFPA vs. Morehead Stat SFPA

MUHAWKS
September 13th, 2011, 07:59 PM
Dane Fan i think you are gonna be eating your words soon putting Monmouth that low.. We will be in the mix for the championship... What are you basing this on? Preseason polls and Lehigh game?????? anyway..just saying..

Albany vs. Maine
Bryant @ Sacred Heart
Monmouth @ Villanova MU
RMU @ Morgan State RMU

also give me Maine and Bryant

danefan
September 13th, 2011, 08:36 PM

Albany vs. Maine
Bryant @ Sacred Heart
Monmouth @ Villanova MU
RMU @ Morgan State RMU

You got worked by Lehigh as I expected.

What has Monmouth added from last year that would make anyone believe the Hawks are anything but the mid-low o the NEC this year?

Btw - i hope I'm wrong. The stronger Monmouth is the stronger the NEC is. Unfotunately I think the NEC is in for a down year.

The Cats
September 13th, 2011, 09:18 PM
Albany vs. Maine
Bryant @ Sacred Heart
CCSU @ Wagner
Duquesne vs. Valparaiso
Monmouth @ Villanova
RMU @ Morgan State
SFPA vs. Morehead State

MUHAWKS
September 14th, 2011, 06:59 AM
Dane fan: I hear you and I am not trying to argue or anything..well yes I am...But in a nice way.. I am not intro moral victories, BUT last year MU lost 3 games to 3 playoff teams by a combined 10 pts. Add to that 2 other 1 pt losses (1 to CCSU) and I dont think we were that bad..I think we were rebuilding... Back from that team is, the QB, 3 OL a very good TE and some key defesnive players... Also, we added some seriuous speed, size and athleticsim at WR and RB and its a team that will get better each week.. The lehigh game, although a blowout, was 21-10 in the 3rd... Lehigh is a legit top 15 team....We will see..

You got worked by Lehigh as I expected.

What has Monmouth added from last year that would make anyone believe the Hawks are anything but the mid-low o the NEC this year?

Btw - i hope I'm wrong. The stronger Monmouth is the stronger the NEC is. Unfotunately I think the NEC is in for a down year.

Dane96
September 14th, 2011, 07:17 AM
Albany vs. Maine (More on hope).
Bryant @ Sacred Heart
CCSU @ Wagner
Duquesne vs. Valparaiso
Monmouth @ Villanova
RMU @ Morgan State
SFPA vs. Morehead State (They need these games...because if they can't beat them.....)

danefan
September 14th, 2011, 08:15 AM
Dane fan: I hear you and I am not trying to argue or anything..well yes I am...But in a nice way.. I am not intro moral victories, BUT last year MU lost 3 games to 3 playoff teams by a combined 10 pts. Add to that 2 other 1 pt losses (1 to CCSU) and I dont think we were that bad..I think we were rebuilding... Back from that team is, the QB, 3 OL a very good TE and some key defesnive players... Also, we added some seriuous speed, size and athleticsim at WR and RB and its a team that will get better each week.. The lehigh game, although a blowout, was 21-10 in the 3rd... Lehigh is a legit top 15 team....We will see..

We will have to wait and see. This week is a very good measuring stick for you guys.

M Ruler
September 14th, 2011, 08:53 AM
What Dane 96 said!!! Me too.

Albany (More on hope).
Bryant
CCSU
Duquesne
Villanova
RMU @
SFPA vs. Morehead State (They need these games...because if they can't beat them.....)

eiu1999
September 14th, 2011, 11:11 AM
Albany vs. Maine
Bryant @ Sacred Heart
CCSU @ Wagner
Duquesne vs. Valparaiso
Monmouth @ Villanova
RMU @ Morgan State
SFPA vs. Morehead State

blackbeard
September 14th, 2011, 02:34 PM
Maine
Sacred Heart
CCSU
Duquesne
Villanova
RMU
Morehead State

WWII
September 15th, 2011, 02:11 PM
Maine @ Albany Hope I'm wrong
Bryant @ Sacred Heart
CCSU @ Wagner
Duquesne vs. Valparaiso
Monmouth @ Villanova
RMU @ Morgan State
SFPA vs. Morehead State

Original_RMC
September 16th, 2011, 07:49 AM
Albany vs. Maine
Series Record: Albany 3-1
Current Winning Streak: Albany, 2
This is a very talented BlakckBears team traveling to Albany. Albany had a bye week to get ready for this game and to win this game, Albany must control the ball. Help their defense by control the clock and frustrating that Maine D.
But I think in the end, Maine will show that it’s too much for Albany.
I would not be surprise to see Maine's QB Warren Smith having another big game.

Maine 28-24

Bryant @ Sacred Heart
Bryant @ Home = W
Bryant @ Away = L
Here comes that gotcha in that forumla, SHU.
Bryant struggled against American Int'l and I would not be surprised by a slow start again. I think SHU will want to show that they are not the doormat of the NEC but Bryant has more talent will pull this one out in the 4th quarter

Bryant 24-20

CCSU @ Wagner
Nick Doscher finally has help in the running game with D.Williams. The DB transfers for Wagner are filling in nicely. CCSU is the favorite in the NEC this year and both teams showed great performances playing ranked teams on the road.
This one is going to be a great game.
Wagner will be hyped up ready to play but I think CCSU will not back down and go up early and then hold on for the 17-10 halftime lead.
Wagner will slowly start chewing away at that lead 17-13, 17-16...then in the 4th quarter, Wagner's D will create a score and it will be their D at the end that holds off CCSU for the huge NEC victory for Wagner

Wagner 23-17

Duquesne vs. Valparaiso
Dukes will show their strength and make this game one where the backup are in by the 4th quarter.

Dukes 45-10

Monmouth @ Villanova
Both of these programs are 'down' by their standards but Nova has more overall talent. If Monmouth was hosting this game then I would give them a chance to win but it will be close.

Nova 31-27

RMU @ Morgan State
Morgan State has talent everywhere but I think the discipline of the Colonials will show in the end to be the difference. The Colonials will stop hurting themselves with bad penatlies.
FR RB Justin Brooks is now listed as the starting HB for the Colonials. I would not be surprised if Brooks rushed for his 1st 100yd game on Saturday which is what is needed to help take the pressure off of Sinclair.
I think this game will be close at the half but something is suddenly going to click for the Colonials and they will roll.

RMU 31-17

SFPA vs. Morehead State
Again I want to believe the 2011 Red Flash is a different team from the one's in the past but until they start showing me more then I just can't pick them. MSU has a great QB in Zach Lewis who threw for 371yds (35-of-53) against Illinois St.
Expect another big game from Lewis against SFPA

MSU 38-27

NFLCB2
September 16th, 2011, 07:41 PM
Albany vs. Maine
Bryant @ Sacred Heart
CCSU @ Wagner
Duquesne vs. Valparaiso
Monmouth @ Villanova
RMU @ Morgan State
SFPA vs. Morehead State

GeauxLions94
September 16th, 2011, 10:21 PM
Albany vs. Maine
Bryant @ Sacred Heart
CCSU @ Wagner
Duquesne vs. Valparaiso
Monmouth @ Villanova
RMU @ Morgan State
SFPA vs. Morehead State

bjtheflamesfan
September 17th, 2011, 09:16 AM
Albany vs. Maine
Bryant @ Sacred Heart
CCSU @ Wagner
Duquesne vs. Valparaiso
Monmouth @ Villanova
RMU @ Morgan State
SFPA vs. Morehead State

UAalum72
September 17th, 2011, 10:32 AM
Good decision on the Bryant game by the last three guys.

Seahawks Fan
September 17th, 2011, 11:22 AM
Good decision on the Bryant game by the last three guys.

I would have really been something if they had gone with Sacred Heart!

danefan
September 18th, 2011, 07:06 AM

Albany vs. Maine
Bryant @ Sacred Heart
Monmouth @ Villanova MU
RMU @ Morgan State RMU

Happy to eat crow on this one! Good win by Monmouth.

Original_RMC
September 18th, 2011, 07:14 AM
Agree...great win by Monmouth

MUHAWKS
September 18th, 2011, 07:47 AM
Thanks guys..The best part about the NEC is that we pull for each other big time in OOC games.. Only helps all of us.. Even EC vs NEC I get pretty agressive at the games but when its over usually the opposing fans can be friendly.. with that said, i plan on being hated next week @ CCSU as this, already in week 3 becomes enormous.. Just a couple tidbits: As much as I would love to say we beat a top tier CAA school make no mistake about it: Nova is not good. They DO have some great athletes and frankly should win this games 9/10 times just based on where "talent" should be..All the stuff about being young/injuries etc only goes so far. On "paper" MU was a middle of the road to decent NEC team (not my thinking though) and Nova is a lower tier CAA school (after the injuries) We start 3 LB's who had never started a game, 2 OL same deal and 3 of our top 4 wr's are freshman or guys who have never played? The other one is a soph. The RB who got the most carries also a Freshman. So yeah, Nova is not very good, but I am still very happy with this win.. Good atmosphere down there, although Nova makes you pay $20 to park and tailgate and doesnt let u tailgate after game!!!!!!!!!

danefan
September 18th, 2011, 07:55 AM
Thanks guys..The best part about the NEC is that we pull for each other big time in OOC games.. Only helps all of us.. Even EC vs NEC I get pretty agressive at the games but when its over usually the opposing fans can be friendly.. with that said, i plan on being hated next week @ CCSU as this, already in week 3 becomes enormous.. Just a couple tidbits: As much as I would love to say we beat a top tier CAA school make no mistake about it: Nova is not good. They DO have some great athletes and frankly should win this games 9/10 times just based on where "talent" should be..All the stuff about being young/injuries etc only goes so far. On "paper" MU was a middle of the road to decent NEC team (not my thinking though) and Nova is a lower tier CAA school (after the injuries) We start 3 LB's who had never started a game, 2 OL same deal and 3 of our top 4 wr's are freshman or guys who have never played? The other one is a soph. The RB who got the most carries also a Freshman. So yeah, Nova is not very good, but I am still very happy with this win.. Good atmosphere down there, although Nova makes you pay $20 to park and tailgate and doesnt let u tailgate after game!!!!!!!!!

Down year or not this has to help Monmouth in recruiting the South/Central Jersey area. With the Big East imploding as we speak, Nova will no longer have that to tout to recruits. A head-to-head win is great for MU.

MUHAWKS
September 18th, 2011, 08:19 AM
Down year or not this has to help Monmouth in recruiting the South/Central Jersey area. With the Big East imploding as we speak, Nova will no longer have that to tout to recruits. A head-to-head win is great for MU.

Danefan, did u watch Albany yest? intersted to see how good Maine is this yr??? I assume pretty good.

danefan
September 18th, 2011, 08:23 AM
Danefan, did u watch Albany yest? intersted to see how good Maine is this yr??? I assume pretty good.

Maine is pretty good, but we also looked horrendous in the first half on Offense. They kept our defense off balance with a lot of QB draws and their running game is solid. They had a good amount of open receivers but the QB just couldn't get them the ball. I think Maine is a probable playoff team this year though.

NFLCB2
September 18th, 2011, 09:19 AM

Go Hawks!! Go!! Looking at Nova's roster MU should have won that game