PDA

View Full Version : Old Dominion 40, Georgia St. 17

gasoutherneagle
September 11th, 2011, 11:35 AM
Ah, music... sweet, sweet music xawesomex
Old Dominion 40, Georgia St. 17

Dane96
September 11th, 2011, 12:15 PM
But now we have to hear why ODU is a top 20 team.....

;)

GaSouthern
September 11th, 2011, 12:41 PM

;)

Anyone who beats an "SEC Caliber" team like Ga State should clearly be ranked #1

redspider
September 11th, 2011, 01:19 PM
I agree that is why I voted them into my poll last week. They continue to impress me. Hopefully they make it into the poll this week.

;)

VBR_Productions
September 11th, 2011, 01:39 PM

;)

For the record I think our fanbase is more level-headed when it comes to our place in FCS. We haven't beaten anyone of note (Hampton?) in two-plus seasons, and we know how daunting the schedule is against the CAA. I don't vote but I'm not sure I'd put the Monarchs in the top 25 yet.

R3TRO
September 11th, 2011, 01:46 PM
I think its a rule that the CAA has to have a minimum number of teams in the top 25 and now that Nova drops out..... xrotatehx

aceinthehole
September 11th, 2011, 02:13 PM
For the record I think our fanbase is more level-headed when it comes to our place in FCS. We haven't beaten anyone of note (Hampton?) in two-plus seasons, and we know how daunting the schedule is against the CAA. I don't vote but I'm not sure I'd put the Monarchs in the top 25 yet.

You are right, no one should vote them for the top-25. They don't have a top-25 worthy win in 3 years.

I dpn't get the ODU love for a team that hasn't accomplished anything yet. the ODU-UD game will be their first test. If they win, I think they'd be worthy of a ranking between 20-25.

The Cats
September 11th, 2011, 02:59 PM
Don't forget the official attendance in the Georgia Dome for the Panthers first game against it's future CAA member (and this is a generous number pulled out of someone's butt) their official attendance figures is: 11,701.

Not bad for a second year team, but for an urban "giant" like GSU, with 31,533 students playing in a dome that holds 75,000 for football.... kinda sad. Then to get crushed in the game. ROFLMAO

VBR_Productions
September 11th, 2011, 03:06 PM
Don't forget the official attendance in the Georgia Dome for the Panthers first game against it's future CAA member (and this is a generous number pulled out of someone's butt) their official attendance figures is: 11,701.

Not bad for a second year team, but for an urban "giant" like GSU, with 31,533 students playing in a dome that holds 75,000 for football.... kinda sad. Then to get crushed in the game. ROFLMAO

Someone at the CAAZone (http://boards.caazone.com/showpost.php?p=1569452&postcount=84) posted a picture of a screenshot from his TV. It looked like this:

http://farm7.static.flickr.com/6196/6133424438_9d9b2e51f7_z.jpg

GaSouthern
September 11th, 2011, 03:56 PM
Someone at the CAAZone (http://boards.caazone.com/showpost.php?p=1569452&postcount=84) posted a picture of a screenshot from his TV. It looked like this:

http://farm7.static.flickr.com/6196/6133424438_9d9b2e51f7_z.jpg

I see about 50K "GSU" fans wearing their teams colors... red is one of their colors right? That body paint just helps them to blend in with the seats. Not sure why people in the 2nd deck wore black though?

clenz
September 11th, 2011, 10:56 PM
If there was 5000 at that game I'll **** my pants.

I had no opinion of GAST before this year....however, I'm now sick of their ****. ****'em

seantaylor
September 11th, 2011, 11:31 PM
All their fans were in the bathrooms or on the concourse of the worst NFL stadium in the league.

clenz
September 11th, 2011, 11:32 PM
All their fans were in the bathrooms or on the concourse of the worst NFL stadium in the league.
OR still outside tailgating.....or just wearing the best red seat costumes in history.

rufus
September 12th, 2011, 06:53 AM
I wonder if most Georgia State fans still believe the SEC or Big East is in their near future.

Tuscon
September 12th, 2011, 08:18 AM
Ignoring all the garbage already in this thread, we got our asses handed to us. I couldn't believe they played Bo for just about 3 quarters. Two blocked punts killed us, Bo should have been there. Donald Russell got 5 touches all game. We couldn't seem to figure out that running our QB up the middle was not working. Our defense put on a good show for as long as they could, but with 8 3 and outs you can only expect so much.

We handed all you haters so many more talking points this game and you're still yapping about the same ol **** you were last week.

Eaglesrus
September 12th, 2011, 08:37 AM
Ignoring all the garbage already in this thread, we got our asses handed to us. I couldn't believe they played Bo for just about 3 quarters. Two blocked punts killed us, Bo should have been there. Donald Russell got 5 touches all game. We couldn't seem to figure out that running our QB up the middle was not working. Our defense put on a good show for as long as they could, but with 8 3 and outs you can only expect so much.

We handed all you haters so many more talking points this game and you're still yapping about the same ol **** you were last week.

Yeah, I'm afraid y'all will be reaping the yield of what GStateBen, Panama, Hammer22, etc., sowed with other FCS fans even before you put a team on the field for quite some time.

FormerPokeCenter
September 12th, 2011, 09:10 AM

Dude, you haven't handled ****. You got beat by a start-up who's done it right. They don't talk ****, the quietly go about building respect one game at a time. Your delusional fan base on the other hand - yourself included - continies to whine and mewl about the way you're treated when you're merely reaping what you've sown. Moreover, you haven't proven dick on the field yet.

In most parts of the college football universe that means you should shut the **** up until you actually DO prove something on the field against somebody OTHER than the Campbell Camels.

Seriously, do yourself a favor. Emulate the Old Dominion fans and just shut the **** up until y'all do something. You're like an annoying ****ing chihuahua who won't shut the **** up despite the fact that a well placed drop kick would send you to the next county.

Georgia State should change their mascot to the "Yippy Chihuahuas" instead of the Panthers. It would be more appropriate....

Tuscon
September 12th, 2011, 10:16 AM
Dude, you haven't handled ****. You got beat by a start-up who's done it right. They don't talk ****, the quietly go about building respect one game at a time. Your delusional fan base on the other hand - yourself included - continies to whine and mewl about the way you're treated when you're merely reaping what you've sown. Moreover, you haven't proven dick on the field yet.

In most parts of the college football universe that means you should shut the **** up until you actually DO prove something on the field against somebody OTHER than the Campbell Camels.

Seriously, do yourself a favor. Emulate the Old Dominion fans and just shut the **** up until y'all do something. You're like an annoying ****ing chihuahua who won't shut the **** up despite the fact that a well placed drop kick would send you to the next county.

Georgia State should change their mascot to the "Yippy Chihuahuas" instead of the Panthers. It would be more appropriate....

Learn to read. I said "handed," not "handled." My very first sentence says we got our asses handed to us. I didn't say anything about proving anything on the field, I didn't whine at all, and I'm going to post in a FCS board all I want about my FCS team and you can go **** yourself. Stop reading threads about Georgia State if you don't want to hear about it.

ODUsmitty
September 12th, 2011, 10:16 AM
Poke-
Thanks for the kind words thrown our way while skewering Ga State. While incredibly excited about our program and this year's team, we are realistic enough to know that the CAA will be a step up and we'll take our share of lumps this year. We plan on giving a few out along the way, as well, but until Hampton is not our best win anymore, most of us prefer to stay under the radar and appreciative of what we are building here in Norfolk.

FormerPokeCenter
September 12th, 2011, 11:04 AM
Learn to read. I said "handed," not "handled." My very first sentence says we got our asses handed to us. I didn't say anything about proving anything on the field, I didn't whine at all, and I'm going to post in a FCS board all I want about my FCS team and you can go **** yourself. Stop reading threads about Georgia State if you don't want to hear about it.

I'm a great admirer of the Old Dominion method for building a program from the ground up. If I didn't read THIS thread, I couldn't have read about my favorite start-up. Not everyting is about YOU, contrary to your Panther centric view of the universe.

Clearly, the human anatomy class at Georgia State sucks as bad as the football team does....If you knew ANYTHING at all about human anatomy, you'd know it's quite impossible for me to **** myself...

And, I have NO doubt you'll continue to yip about Georgia State in perpetuity. You haven't demonstrated any self-control as of yet and it's pretty clear you're not the introspective sort, so why should you start behaving rationally NOW? ;)

Monarch History
September 12th, 2011, 11:51 AM
Poke-
Thanks for the kind words thrown our way while skewering Ga State. While incredibly excited about our program and this year's team, we are realistic enough to know that the CAA will be a step up and we'll take our share of lumps this year. We plan on giving a few out along the way, as well, but until Hampton is not our best win anymore, most of us prefer to stay under the radar and appreciative of what we are building here in Norfolk.

As a Monarch fan I echo the sentiments of my friend Smitty. As Coach Wilder likes to say, "Your biggest game of the year is the one this week."

Friend of Pounce
September 12th, 2011, 12:40 PM
Yeah, Saturday hurt. Not a lot to take away from the game to feel really good about. Just hoping next week brings stronger play and, probably, a retooled approach. There's always next week!

Congrats to ODU on the win. I really did think it would be a closer game. (And although I am merely a "delusional" GSU fan, ODU fans over at the CAA boards seemed to think it'd be a bit closer, as well...)

Go Panthers!

gasoutherneagle
September 12th, 2011, 04:13 PM

Well Tuscon, you've got to admit that after all the wild attendance predictions and FCS-is-just-our-stepping-stone talk all off-season from your fellow State fans, they've ruffled more than just Eagle feathers in the other FCS fans on this board. Most everyone here, including myself, have been waiting for that inevitable fall-on-your-face moment for Georgia State (you're a 2nd year program...it was ABSOLUTELY gonna happen) so we could rub your (meaning those who have been boastful) collective noses in it.

I GIVE HIGH CUDOS TO TUSCON for being the first stand-up fan (it's truly a classy move) to come in and take the proverbial bullet for the good of the Panther faithful. That being said... this moment has been coming for some time now. Just stand out of the way, close your eyes for a couple of days and let us vent. We'll all move on to upcoming games we care about by Thursday and all will be forgotten.xsalutexxsmileyclapxxpeacex