PDA

View Full Version : Did NDSU prove ANYTHING whatsoever??

TheBisonator
September 10th, 2011, 09:08 PM
By beating two cupcakes by a combined 98-9 to start out the season?? I'm inclined to say, um, NO. We will know a little more in a couple weeks when we take on Minnesota, I hope Jerry Kill is feeling better. If New Mexico State can beat the Gophers by 7, North Dakota State can beat the Gophers by at least 14.

NDSU is probably going to have to beat the Gophers to prove itself this season...

clenz
September 10th, 2011, 09:10 PM
No....

Also...using your logic NDSU should be able to beat USC too....right?

frozennorth
September 10th, 2011, 09:20 PM
A win against minnesota would be respectable. A close loss, like ewu/uw or isu/uni, and they would probably drop a bit.

jacksfan29
September 10th, 2011, 09:45 PM
By beating two cupcakes by a combined 98-9 to start out the season?? I'm inclined to say, um, NO. We will know a little more in a couple weeks when we take on Minnesota, I hope Jerry Kill is feeling better. If New Mexico State can beat the Gophers by 7, North Dakota State can beat the Gophers by at least 14.

NDSU is probably going to have to beat the Gophers to prove itself this season...

I hope you mean pre-conference season. The Bison can provide plenty of proof to any skeptics by being in the race for a conference title.

PantherRob82
September 10th, 2011, 09:46 PM
Games like Lafayette and St Francis are a bummer of a way to start a season after the year you had last year. It will all fall into place though.

darell1976
September 10th, 2011, 09:56 PM
The good thing is you get 2 wins that count towards the playoffs and you can get the first game jitters out of the way. The bad thing is they are 2 cupcakes and both at home so that Minnesota game should show where you really stand with the big boys.

DJKyR0
September 10th, 2011, 10:03 PM
If the Gophers' first two games are any indication, NDSU will come in not far behind in terms of favorite-status for the game. The Minnesota receivers have dropped everything thrown at them these first two games, and while I'm sure USC has some good pass defense, I would legitimately posit that Marcus Williams is just as good as any defensive back on the New Mexico State roster. He received big looks from Big Ten schools for a reason and fell to us only by way of academics.

Aside from the 95-yarder tonight, the running game hasn't done a whole lot to impress me, and if this is all some scheme to throw the Gophs' off then it's all good. I really see us competing with U of M and think our chances are as good as they've ever been to sneak away with a W in two weeks.

Houndawg
September 10th, 2011, 10:15 PM
The good thing is you get 2 wins that count towards the playoffs and you can get the first game jitters out of the way. The bad thing is they are 2 cupcakes and both at home so that Minnesota game should show where you really stand with the big boys.

Imperative for the Bison to beat the Gophers now, because if they don't they'll have to finish above .500 in MVC play, something they have never done, to get into the playoffs.

Professor Chaos
September 10th, 2011, 11:16 PM
Games like Lafayette and St Francis are a bummer of a way to start a season after the year you had last year. It will all fall into place though.
I think most Bison fans like to believe that the Gopher game will define the season but in actuality it's the UNI game on 10/29 and the game at SIU on 10/8 that will truly define whether NDSU will be another nice also ran or if we're gonna be a true contender. All these first two games proved is that the Bison could be playing the University of Manitoba and still sell 18,000 tickets thus meaning that there's no reason to go out of your way to schedule teams OOC who aren't willing to play a one and done guarantee game. Say what you will about NDSU's "cupcakes" out of conference but if any caliber of D1 team is willing to come to Fargo for a $125K check and cab fare in the morning Gene Taylor will be more than willing to oblige.

Twentysix
September 11th, 2011, 12:36 AM
Really its the same thing montana has been doing, except we arent playing D2 teams... and we are playing FBS/BCS teams.

18000 x $20 is $360,000. I realize thats being super general but I think you get the point. Tickets alone are $25 for most of the dome and $18 for the GA seats. Season tickets yeah.. Student tickets yeah.. Concessions yea. I gurantee if you work all of that **** in its over 250k when its all said and done.

frozennorth
September 11th, 2011, 03:02 AM
If the Gophers' first two games are any indication, NDSU will come in not far behind in terms of favorite-status for the game. The Minnesota receivers have dropped everything thrown at them these first two games, and while I'm sure USC has some good pass defense, I would legitimately posit that Marcus Williams is just as good as any defensive back on the New Mexico State roster. He received big looks from Big Ten schools for a reason and fell to us only by way of academics.

Aside from the 95-yarder tonight, the running game hasn't done a whole lot to impress me, and if this is all some scheme to throw the Gophs' off then it's all good. I really see us competing with U of M and think our chances are as good as they've ever been to sneak away with a W in two weeks.

I believe usc's pass defense is generally pretty bad, at least relative to normal usc expectations, or say its offensive skill talent.

Gil Dobie
September 11th, 2011, 08:34 AM
Win the games you are suppost to win is okay. Need to win 5 more games to become playoff eligible. The playoffs are where you prove your worth.

darell1976
September 11th, 2011, 08:36 AM
Win the games you are suppost to win is okay. Need to win 5 more games to become playoff eligible. The playoffs are where you prove your worth.

I think there are teams with 7 wins that haven't made the playoffs....is there any teams that have missed it with 8?

johnson
September 11th, 2011, 08:43 AM
Really its the same thing montana has been doing, except we arent playing D2 teams... and we are playing FBS/BCS teams.

18000 x $20 is $360,000. I realize thats being super general but I think you get the point. Tickets alone are $25 for most of the dome and $18 for the GA seats. Season tickets yeah.. Student tickets yeah.. Concessions yea. I gurantee if you work all of that **** in its over 250k when its all said and done.
Last figure I heard which was two years ago was that after expenses NDSU makes an average of around $200k per game with 18,000 fans. Some OOC teams are paid up to $150k for a one game contract. I was told St. Francis was paid $100k so I think your estimate is pretty accurate.

Gil Dobie
September 11th, 2011, 08:59 AM
I think there are teams with 7 wins that haven't made the playoffs....is there any teams that have missed it with 8?

You have to win 7 DI games to be eligible, it does not mean you will be selected.

Bison Fan in NW MN
September 11th, 2011, 09:49 AM
The Bison beat 2 teams that they should have. 2nd/3rd stringers got to play significant minutes and no injuries last night, so that is a positive.

SFU had a good couple of first drives but I attribute that to unfamiliarity with them.

Bison have a very good chance of winning at UM. I expect a Bison win against the Gophers.

Big Cats
September 11th, 2011, 10:01 AM
You have to win 7 DI games to be eligible, it does not mean you will be selected.

The NCAA does not have a hard and fast rule that says you have to win 7 D-I games to be eligible. However, to my knowledge, no team with less than 7 D-I wins has ever been selected to the playoffs. That may change with the expanded format.

Gil Dobie
September 11th, 2011, 10:18 AM
The NCAA does not have a hard and fast rule that says you have to win 7 D-I games to be eligible. However, to my knowledge, no team with less than 7 D-I wins has ever been selected to the playoffs. That may change with the expanded format.

They made a big decision last year when they chose a 7 DI win NDSU over a 6 DI win Montana.

JSUBison
September 11th, 2011, 10:39 AM

Jacksonville was 10-1 last year, but they play in non AQ conference Pioneer. I'm sure there have been more examples.

Coastal Carolina at 6-5 last year, but they were the conf. champs and got the Big South autobid.

MplsBison
September 11th, 2011, 11:39 AM

Except that NM St beat them through the air. The Gopher's have real problems defending the pass, so far, against teams that know how to throw the ball. Bohl would rather not throw the ball if he doesn't have to.

If NDSU is going to try to beat Minn on the ground - good luck. Ain't gunna happen.

Has NDSU shown they can beat a good football team by throwing the ball, since 2008? I don't think they have, unless the freak win at YSU last year counts.

MplsBison
September 11th, 2011, 11:41 AM

I'm not worried about NDSU's defense being able to play with Minn's offense.

I'm worried that NDSU's offense is going to try winning the game by running the ball on Minn's defense. NDSU's only chance to score points against the Gopher is going to have to be through the air.

I hope they will rise to the challenge.

Obviously many NDSU fans are going to say "bUT Roehl ran for hundred of yards against the goofers last time lol!!!!11" - and a lot of his yards came on two big plays: a screen pass on his first TD and a freak play right before the end of the first half. Other than that, he had maybe a couple other big runs, but was mostly shut down by Minn's defense.

They're going to sell out to stop the run and basically say "look NDSU, we know you haven't had a good QB since Steve Walker. I dare you to throw it - I dare you...do you even know how to throw a pass in North Dakota?"

Houndawg
September 11th, 2011, 12:15 PM

This.

Bison Fan in NW MN
September 11th, 2011, 01:23 PM
I'm not worried about NDSU's defense being able to play with Minn's offense.

I'm worried that NDSU's offense is going to try winning the game by running the ball on Minn's defense. NDSU's only chance to score points against the Gopher is going to have to be through the air.

I hope they will rise to the challenge.

Obviously many NDSU fans are going to say "bUT Roehl ran for hundred of yards against the goofers last time lol!!!!11" - and a lot of his yards came on two big plays: a screen pass on his first TD and a freak play right before the end of the first half. Other than that, he had maybe a couple other big runs, but was mostly shut down by Minn's defense.

They're going to sell out to stop the run and basically say "look NDSU, we know you haven't had a good QB since Steve Walker. I dare you to throw it - I dare you...do you even know how to throw a pass in North Dakota?"

Gopher offense does not look very good right now. NDSU's defense will be able to stay with them.

The Gopher defense is better than the offense. Tyler had many good runs in that game....did u even see it. Bison ran all over them the whole game. Probably will not be able to do that again but they will run to step up the pass.

semobison
September 11th, 2011, 02:02 PM
The Minnesota game is the least important game left on our schedule! A win would be great, but lets take care of business in the Valley! Ill take a conference championship and a win against UNI over a win at Minnesota!

darell1976
September 11th, 2011, 02:36 PM

I asked the question because all I hear is you need to get to that 7 win mark and you will get to the playoffs. Montana screwed themselves last year with a DII win.

MplsBison
September 11th, 2011, 04:48 PM
The Minnesota game is the least important game left on our schedule! A win would be great, but lets take care of business in the Valley! Ill take a conference championship and a win against UNI over a win at Minnesota!

The next game is always the most important game on the schedule. It just so happens that this is a game the fans and players will play up for. The MVFC conference games may technically be more important, but the fans and players are less emotionally invested in playing teams like Illinois State.

Twentysix
September 11th, 2011, 04:53 PM
The next game is always the most important game on the schedule. It just so happens that this is a game the fans and players will play up for. The MVFC conference games may technically be more important, but the fans and players are less emotionally invested in playing teams like Illinois State.

I would be ok with losing to U of M if it means we get to beat UNI and SIU. I see no reason why we can't have it all though.

Hammerhead
September 11th, 2011, 06:32 PM
There are probably at least 10 FCS teams that could beat New Mexico State so the Gophers game may not be the toughest game on our schedule.

Gil Dobie
September 11th, 2011, 07:06 PM
USC's top runningback came back from suspension and ran for 120+ yards and a TD against Utah. Wonder what he would have done against Minnesota.

MplsBison
September 11th, 2011, 08:26 PM
There are probably at least 10 FCS teams that could beat New Mexico State so the Gophers game may not be the toughest game on our schedule.

Except that NM St beat them through the air. The Gopher's have real problems defending the pass, so far, against teams that know how to throw the ball. Bohl would rather not throw the ball if he doesn't have to.

If NDSU is going to try to beat Minn on the ground - good luck. Ain't gunna happen.

FargoBison
September 11th, 2011, 11:18 PM

This is based on what? You can beat a team on the ground if you can keep them off balance enough by maintaining some kind of passing threat. I'd guess NDSU is much more physical than NMSU, we are talking about a team that only put up 6 yards at home against Ohio and then came back against Minnesota and rushed for 133 yards.

Cleets
September 12th, 2011, 01:50 AM
This whole thread just feels like "smack"

xlolx

THE HERD
September 12th, 2011, 08:19 AM
I really think we have a decent chance of coming out of Minny with a W, but if say we were to turn the ball over a few times it could potentially become a blow out as well. If we take care of the ball then it will come down to withstanding the FBS depth in the second half. I see this game as a good barometer as to where we are at going into conference play, but it is far from a must win. The conference games are the end all be all when it comes to getting in the playoffs and as other posters have stated we have been midiocre in the conference up till now......win the MVFC, that is what we need to be focusing on.

No_Skill
September 12th, 2011, 08:25 AM
I really think we have a decent chance of coming out of Minny with a W, but if say we were to turn the ball over a few times it could potentially become a blow out as well. If we take care of the ball then it will come down to withstanding the FBS depth in the second half. I see this game as a good barometer as to where we are at going into conference play, but it is far from a must win. The conference games are the end all be all when it comes to getting in the playoffs and as other posters have stated we have been midiocre in the conference up till now......win the MVFC, that is what we need to be focusing on.

Given our recent history with them and FBS teams in general, I don't see a blow out loss. Our D will keep the game close. I give us a 20% chance at a win, but if we lose I'm guessing it will be under 10 pts.

THE HERD
September 12th, 2011, 10:40 AM
I agree. It is unlikely that we would get blown out.....what I am saying is if we have a few to's that go for points it could get out of hand. Everything points to a fairly close game so far, but ya never know. I give us about a 35-40% chance of getting the W, as long as we don't turn it over.

No_Skill
September 12th, 2011, 10:49 AM
This week Sagarin has us ranked higher than UM but they are still favored by about a point based on the +3 for homefield. In reality, homefield won't amount to much that week. :)

Professor Chaos
September 12th, 2011, 11:23 AM
This week Sagarin has us ranked higher than UM but they are still favored by about a point based on the +3 for homefield. In reality, homefield won't amount to much that week. :)
I agree, TCF Bank Stadium won't give the Bison as much of a home field advantage as you'd think when almost half of the fans there will probably be cheering for the Goophers. xlolx

MplsBison
September 12th, 2011, 01:23 PM
NDSU will do very well if they get 10k fans at the game. After Minnesota beats Miami this week, they'll have at least 30k fans for the NDSU game. That's still a 3-to-1 advantage. (tailgating at the state fairgrounds might be a different story)

Obviously if NDSU takes a lead (esp. a 2 score lead) early in the game, it will take their fans out of it.

Hoofbeats
September 12th, 2011, 03:24 PM
The best thing I came away from this last weekend is that you can't trust Georgia Southern to live up to their side of a home-and-home game agreement. That game was scheduled to be in Fargo this last weekend. NDSU goes there in 2007 and beats them 34-14 and then GS doesn't have the ethics or backbone, whichever you choose, to honor their side of the agreement and honor their half of the agreement. On top of that they waited three yers until the summer of 2010 to give notice and bail out. Oh, by the way, who do they schedule for a home game after backing out? Tusculum, a D-II team....hopefully they sold a lot of popcorn at the game.

Their actions, no doubt a joint effort of their A.D. and Head Coach, says a lot about their commitment to playing quality opponents in their own division....pad those stats boys.

No_Skill
September 12th, 2011, 03:30 PM
Yeah it sucks that we couldn't play them, it would have been a great game, but commitment? Don't be so damatic, it's a business decision just like any other. Nothing personal.

We may do the same one day...

clenz
September 12th, 2011, 04:09 PM
Be thankful you didn't play GSU...You're 2-0 against D1 right now....had you played them there is a 95% chance you'd be 1-1 right now with an FBS game coming up....meaning you'd need to finally finish over .500 in conference play to even get a sniff of the playoffs again.

Professor Chaos
September 12th, 2011, 04:23 PM
Be thankful you didn't play GSU...You're 2-0 against D1 right now....had you played them there is a 95% chance you'd be 1-1 right now with an FBS game coming up....meaning you'd need to finally finish over .500 in conference play to even get a sniff of the playoffs again.
I'm sure you're trying to stir the fire with that comment but I'll play along anyway; there's a 95% you're dramatically underestimating NDSU. Not that it matters much anyway but to say a team has a 5% chance of winning a home game infers that the road team should blow them out or beat them with 2nd stringers. You may be of the opinion that GSU would've beaten NDSU in Fargo, and that's plausible, but to say it would've been a mismatch of that proportion is naive.

No_Skill
September 12th, 2011, 04:30 PM
No! Professor.....

http://cache.ohinternet.com/images/b/be/Ackbar.jpg

JSUBison
September 12th, 2011, 04:56 PM
Clenz can't tarp me either.

FYI, I voted UNI and GSU 1&2 on my ballot. Where's the love Clenz? :)

No_Skill
September 12th, 2011, 05:04 PM
Clenz can't tarp me either.

FYI, I voted UNI and GSU 1&2 on my ballot. Where's the love Clenz? :)

Hell, I voted UNI 1, 2, and 3

nmatsen
September 12th, 2011, 05:38 PM
I hope Mark Farley sets aside half a prep day this week to get together with his old guard friend Jerry Kill and help him prepare for the Bison.

Gophers by 14.

See you in Fargo, be ready for us as we will be the number 1 team in the nation when the plane lands...

Sorry Bison fans, Lakes Bison is just too idiotic of a poster to not judge your entire fan base by him. Showing up at ISU's board to tell them how much he wanted them to destroy us was over the line...

clenz
September 12th, 2011, 05:57 PM
matsen, you ever over on CS under a different name?

Also, I had NDSU at 11 in my poll so suck on that. However, as of now I feel there is a clear distinction between the to 4-6 and the rest.

FargoBison
September 12th, 2011, 07:14 PM
I hope Mark Farley sets aside half a prep day this week to get together with his old guard friend Jerry Kill and help him prepare for the Bison.

Gophers by 14.

See you in Fargo, be ready for us as we will be the number 1 team in the nation when the plane lands...

Sorry Bison fans, Lakes Bison is just too idiotic of a poster to not judge your entire fan base by him. Showing up at ISU's board to tell them how much he wanted them to destroy us was over the line...

Great idea, judge an entire fanbase on somebody that not only can't post on NDSU's board but he can't even tailgate in NDSU's tailgating area. If you can't ignore him that shouldn't be our problem...

MplsBison
September 12th, 2011, 07:30 PM

Gophers by 14.

Kill knows that won't work. NDSU basically bought a copy of Farley's game plan for NDSU when Klieman was brought on board.

Good try, though.

Gil Dobie
September 12th, 2011, 09:42 PM

Gophers by 14.

#1 Ranking, 15 conference titles....................................0 National Championships ;)

nmatsen
September 12th, 2011, 09:52 PM
#1 Ranking, 15 conference titles....................................0 National Championships ;)

I saw the 0 National Championships and thought you were talking about your Bison, but then I saw the part about 15 conf. titles, and a #1 ranking and realized that you were talking about the Panthers...

MplsBison
September 13th, 2011, 09:56 AM
From Phil Miller's StarTribune gopher blog today, talking about how the Gophs rank in the Big Ten:

On offense, Minnesota ranks dead last in scoring, 11th in rushing, and 11th in pass efficiency. They are one of three Big Ten teams to complete less than half of their passes, they're tied with Michigan for most interceptions, and their third-down conversion rate is the league's worst.
Defensively, the Gophers are ninth in scoring allowed, last in passing yards and passing efficiency, and a surprising fifth in rushing defense. They are allowing a league-worst 71.1 percent completion rate, and are the only Big Ten team without a sack.

Anyone still think NDSU should try to be a run-first offense against the Gophers?

If they do, well - then they go down in flames with their ideology.

THROW. THE. BALL.

Go Bison
September 13th, 2011, 11:05 AM
Will NDSU try a run-first offense? Unfortunately the answer is yes. The last time they came out and threw the ball first that I can recall was against Central Michigan and that was when NDSU had a different offensive coordinator. I think NDSU is too stubborn to switch up their philosophy in this game and other games. Which I think is really unfortunate and makes it fairly easy for other teams to game plan against the Bison. Hopefully I am wrong.

MplsBison
September 13th, 2011, 12:16 PM
Will NDSU try a run-first offense? Unfortunately the answer is yes. The last time they came out and threw the ball first that I can recall was against Central Michigan and that was when NDSU had a different offensive coordinator. I think NDSU is too stubborn to switch up their philosophy in this game and other games. Which I think is really unfortunate and makes it fairly easy for other teams to game plan against the Bison. Hopefully I am wrong.

That's exactly what I'm getting at!!

Minnesota d-coordinator must be licking his chops! "Oh thank god, a team that actually wants to run the ball against our front 7!".

Minn actually has a very big, fast, talented front 7. Their weakness is the secondary....ANYONE can see that.

frozennorth
September 13th, 2011, 04:59 PM
What if their rush defense only looks good because they played a pair of pass heavy teams?

(I'm expecting ndsu to air ir out more than usual)

da_Bison
September 13th, 2011, 05:15 PM
From Phil Miller's StarTribune gopher blog today, talking about how the Gophs rank in the Big Ten:

Anyone still think NDSU should try to be a run-first offense against the Gophers?

If they do, well - then they go down in flames with their ideology.

THROW. THE. BALL.

You make it very obvious that you're a SUE fan disguised as a Bison fan, definatley not one of use. You and JBB are of the same mold, making every attempt at making us look like you, a Fu**ing Moron

whats with this "they" and "their"

darell1976
September 13th, 2011, 05:50 PM
You make it very obvious that you're a SUE fan disguised as a Bison fan, definatley not one of use. You and JBB are of the same mold, making every attempt at making us look like you, a Fu**ing Moron

whats with this "they" and "their"

Why do you think he's a SIOUX fan? And its Sioux not SUE...that NDSU education is really kicking in.

TheBisonator
September 13th, 2011, 06:02 PM
Why do you think he's a SIOUX fan? And its Sioux not SUE...that NDSU education is really kicking in.

Must be YOUR UND education kicking in with your inability to comprehend jokes.

The term "SUE" has been used by Bison fans for generations...

darell1976
September 13th, 2011, 06:05 PM
Must be YOUR UND education kicking in with your inability to comprehend jokes.

The term "SUE" has been used by Bison fans for generations...

I know its old and stupid. What are you going to chant when UND changes their name. If you say Sioux suck you may be kicked out for saying slurs against a tribe and NOT a team per NCAA rules. So have fun retiring your Sioux suck shirts.

da_Bison
September 13th, 2011, 06:10 PM
darell do you talk about your team like this> If "they" do, well - then "they" go down in flames with "their" ideology.

Gil Dobie
September 13th, 2011, 06:14 PM
I know its old and stupid. What are you going to chant when UND changes their name.

No need to yell if we don't play them. ;)

darell1976
September 13th, 2011, 06:15 PM
darell do you talk about your team like this> If "they" do, well - then "they" go down in flames with "their" ideology.

Sure. I also use we, or UND, or us. Have you ever been to siouxsports.com? He posts things over there too, and he doesn't sound like a Sioux fan.

darell1976
September 13th, 2011, 06:16 PM
No need to yell if we don't play them. ;)

Why do you have to be the voice of reason Gil?xsmiley_wix You do know it will be in the Fargodome the next time we play because it will be in the playoffs.

da_Bison
September 13th, 2011, 06:17 PM
we or us, yes. But as much as he posts on boards everywhere you'd think he'd be one hell of a Bison fan and speak as such. We or Us!!

alvinkayak6
September 13th, 2011, 06:17 PM
Ojuri proved that he can fill in for McNorton if need be

http://www.gobison.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=2400&ATCLID=205271194

http://image.cdnl3.xosnetwork.com/pics32/800/SU/SUMKBKISFAWRYZU.20110913211523.jpg

Reign of Terrier
September 13th, 2011, 06:18 PM

Wofford didn't in '04 and '02 /end irrelevant Wofford post

darell1976
September 13th, 2011, 06:21 PM
we or us, yes. But as much as he posts on boards everywhere you'd think he'd be one hell of a Bison fan and speak as such. We or Us!!

You keep thinking he's a Sioux fan and I will keep thinking a Bison fan and we will meet in the middle. He is a UND Bison fan.xlolx

No_Skill
September 13th, 2011, 07:09 PM
Why do you have to be the voice of reason Gil?xsmiley_wix You do know it will be in the Fargodome the next time we play because it will be in the playoffs.

http://movinlikeberney21.files.wordpress.com/2011/03/playoffs.jpg

Good luck with that...

No_Skill
September 13th, 2011, 07:10 PM
You keep thinking he's a Sioux fan and I will keep thinking a Bison fan and we will meet in the middle. He is a tool.xlolx

Fixed it for you.

darell1976
September 13th, 2011, 10:23 PM
Fixed it for you.

xlolxxlolx

DJKyR0
September 14th, 2011, 11:40 AM

I like reading your stuff clenz and think you're a pretty knowledgeable guy about the FCS and football in general, but you're completely insane if you think NDSU had just a 5% chance of beating GSU in Fargo.

Gil Dobie
September 14th, 2011, 12:28 PM
I like reading your stuff clenz and think you're a pretty knowledgeable guy about the FCS and football in general, but you're completely insane if you think NDSU had just a 5% chance of beating GSU in Fargo.

His dislike for NDSU is 100%

clenz
September 14th, 2011, 09:56 PM
His dislike for NDSU is 100% that is correct.

Well not completely. I love fishing the **** out of bison fans though because they bite quick and hard

Twentysix
September 14th, 2011, 11:09 PM

His picture is not of a player in a game. Thats the helmet he has to wear around cedar falls.... This way we know he can't damage his head further.

MplsBison
September 15th, 2011, 05:36 PM
It's easy to understand why UNI fans dislike NDSU so much. They came in and knocked UNI off of their top place in the MVFC as the best football program in the conference.

NDSU a bigger and better stadium, higher attendance, brings in more revenue from football, spends more on football, pays the coaches more - all the things that really matter about a program. The wins are simply a function of the program - they'll come in due time.

As I've always said: if NDSU doesn't win the MVFC with what they have current, they'll just buy your coach and beat you with him. They're too much of a 'have' program to be kept down. Now we've got UNI's d-coord, we have an exact insight into their game planning, strategy, etc. Happened with SIU, it'll happen with UNI.

No_Skill
September 15th, 2011, 05:40 PM
It's tee'd up for you, Clenz.

Reign of Terrier
September 15th, 2011, 05:46 PM
It is extremely hard to beat GSU at their place. SoCon championship teams have gone in there and played .500 GSU teams and escaped by the skin of their teeth or not at all (2008/2010 Wofford/ASU)

Gil Dobie
September 15th, 2011, 05:53 PM
It is extremely hard to beat GSU at their place. SoCon championship teams have gone in there and played .500 GSU teams and escaped by the skin of their teeth or not at all (2008/2010 Wofford/ASU)

NDSU gave them a good whippin a few years ago. Heard a lot of FCS fans predicting NDSU losing by 20, 30, 40 or more and it didn't happen. Of course NDSU had a better team back then and GSU was not so good. But a win at GSU is a win,and NDSU will take it.

MplsBison
September 15th, 2011, 05:54 PM

NDSU did it as a transitioning DI team in 2006. It actually wasn't all that hard.

clenz
September 15th, 2011, 07:07 PM
NDSU gave them a good whippin a few years ago. Heard a lot of FCS fans predicting NDSU losing by 20, 30, 40 or more and it didn't happen. Of course NDSU had a better team back then and GSU was not so good. But a win at GSU is a win,and NDSU will take it.
This GSU team is light years better than that GSU team.

Reign of Terrier
September 15th, 2011, 07:09 PM
NDSU did it as a transitioning DI team in 2006. It actually wasn't all that hard.

you do realize that was the worst team in GSU history right?

da_Bison
September 15th, 2011, 07:15 PM
actually you have your years mixed up my friend, they were rated in the top 20 (well 21st, but hardly worst ever)) when we put the beat down on them
http://www.gobison.com/SportSelect.dbml?SPSID=11844&SPID=695&DB_OEM_ID=2400&Q_SEASON=2006

Reign of Terrier
September 15th, 2011, 07:28 PM
actually you have your years mixed up my friend, they were rated in the top 20 (well 21st, but hardly worst ever)) when we put the beat down on them
http://www.gobison.com/SportSelect.dbml?SPSID=11844&SPID=695&DB_OEM_ID=2400&Q_SEASON=2006

no...I absolutely do not mix up my years. That GSU team finished 3-8 (worst record of any GSU team), lost to Central Connecticut State (of the mighty Northeastern conference), UTC (also finished 3-8), and the Citadel (finished 5-6), and Central Arkansas (who was in transition from D2).
http://cfbdatawarehouse.com/data/div_iaa/southern/georgia_southern/yearly_results.php?year=2005

Gil Dobie
September 15th, 2011, 08:39 PM
This GSU team is light years better than that GSU team.

You are one bright bulb then Clenz ;)

clenz
September 15th, 2011, 08:49 PM
You are one bright bulb then Clenz ;)
I have to keep it simple for the NDSU fans. I normally run about 75-100 watts, but when I'm talking with NDSU fans I try to keep it to about 25

Gil Dobie
September 15th, 2011, 08:55 PM
I have to keep it simple for the NDSU fans. I normally run about 75-100 watts, but when I'm talking with NDSU fans I try to keep it to about 25

We can tell

MplsBison
September 15th, 2011, 09:24 PM

Must be LED

Gil Dobie
December 11th, 2018, 02:43 PM
Kill knows that won't work. NDSU basically bought a copy of Farley's game plan for NDSU when Klieman was brought on board.

Good try, though.

I think it worked out well for Klieman.

Professor Chaos
December 11th, 2018, 02:49 PM
I think it worked out well for Klieman.
Ah... good old ranting MplsBison. I sure do miss that guy....

...wait no I don't.

gsf23nd
December 11th, 2018, 03:00 PM
So much gold in this thread...xlolx

Reign of Terrier
December 11th, 2018, 03:15 PM
I saw that I have a post here and I refuse to acknowledge, confirm, or deny any post I made before 2016 or so in this forum.

Lorne_Malvo
December 11th, 2018, 04:21 PM
I saw that I have a post here and I refuse to acknowledge, confirm, or deny any post I made before 2016 or so in this forum.

Like the dropping food on the floor 5 second rule.

NDSUtk
December 11th, 2018, 10:16 PM

18000 x $20 is $360,000. I realize thats being super general but I think you get the point. Tickets alone are $25 for most of the dome and $18 for the GA seats. Season tickets yeah.. Student tickets yeah.. Concessions yea. I gurantee if you work all of that **** in its over 250k when its all said and done.The good old ticket prices 7 years ago....

BisonFan02
December 11th, 2018, 10:48 PM
Did we beat GSU again?

344Johnson
December 11th, 2018, 11:05 PM
The good old ticket prices 7 years ago....

I won 4 tickets in a radio contest a couple years ago. Like top row endzone seats, on one days notice, I got 100 bucks a pop for them. LMAO I was good with that.

Thumper 76
December 12th, 2018, 06:52 AM
What’s up with a the thread necromancing lately?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gil Dobie
December 12th, 2018, 06:55 AM
What’s up with a the thread necromancing lately?

One of the first, if not the first mention of Klieman at NDSU, on this forum.

Thumper 76
December 12th, 2018, 07:24 AM
One of the first, if not the first mention of Klieman at NDSU, on this forum.

Ndsu fans internet memory is really something else. Nostalgia. Thanks xlolx

TheKingpin28
December 12th, 2018, 07:31 AM
Ndsu fans internet memory is really something else. Nostalgia. Thanks xlolx

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkIt's crazy. There are certain things we don't forget. xthumbsupx xlolx

Sent from my SM-J727V using Tapatalk

Bisonator
December 12th, 2018, 07:37 AM
It's crazy. There are certain things we don't forget. xthumbsupx xlolx

Selective memories. It's one of our most endearing qualities. xlolx

Thumper 76
December 12th, 2018, 07:40 AM

It really is a marvel of the modern world.

TheKingpin28
December 12th, 2018, 07:55 AM
Selective memories. It's one of our most endearing qualities. xlolx16 who?

Professor Chaos
December 12th, 2018, 07:58 AM
https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4900/46236772812_64791af2ed_b.jpg

uni88
December 12th, 2018, 08:07 AM

Sent from my SM-J727V using TapatalkAnd you're excellent drivers. :D

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

TheKingpin28
December 12th, 2018, 08:15 AM
And you're excellent drivers. :D

Sent from my XT1650 using TapatalkTwin Cities brah. I only know one speed, fast!

uni88
December 12th, 2018, 08:23 AM
Twin Cities brah. I only know one speed, fast!

Sent from my SM-J727V using TapatalkThat's so you can get home to watch Judge Wapner.

POD Knows
December 12th, 2018, 08:26 AM
That's so you can get home to watch Judge Wapner.

Sent from my XT1650 using TapatalkAnd get his undies at Kmart

deez_na
December 12th, 2018, 09:14 AM
I think my favorite comment in here was the UNI guy responding about NDSU and 0 titles. To think at this time in 2011 we didn't have any titles along with UNI and now it's only 2018 and we are sitting with 6 currently. Go Bison!

TheKingpin28
December 12th, 2018, 09:17 AM
SG-1 or bust
That's so you can get home to watch Judge Wapner.

TheKingpin28
December 12th, 2018, 09:18 AM
And get his undies at KmartI have class. I shop at Target!