PDA

View Full Version : Buffalo sends little brother crying home to mama

zibby
September 10th, 2011, 08:11 PM
If you're scoring at home, it's now 106-10 the last three years against the JVS. But I'm sure even if it were 206-10, all the myopians on here would find a way to convince themselves their program is better than UB's.

I hope there were some America East officials at the game so UB could thank them for turning down UB's application back in the mid-90's. If they had let UB in then, UB might still be in their scrub league.

danefan
September 10th, 2011, 08:15 PM
If you're scoring at home, it's now 106-10 the last three years against the JVS. But I'm sure even if it were 206-10, all the myopians on here would find a way to convince themselves their program is better than UB's.

I hope there were some America East officials at the game so UB could thank them for turning down UB's application back in the mid-90's. If they had let UB in then, UB might still be in their scrub league.

They'd still be playing football in the AEast?

Spend a little more money on your ****ty FBS program and then go back to Ohio where you came from.

TheBisonator
September 10th, 2011, 08:16 PM

FBS board is >>>>>>>>>>That way. Thank you.

Go Lehigh TU owl
September 10th, 2011, 08:17 PM
FBS board is >>>>>>>>>>That way. Thank you.

He already found his way there...lol

http://www.ncaabbs.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=472&page=1

StrikeJMU
September 10th, 2011, 08:19 PM
On a more important note, who won Dancing with the Stars?

zibby
September 10th, 2011, 08:30 PM
For all the shiat you guys have written about UB over the years, you deserve to take some. It hasn't been as bad since UB won the MAC, but I still remember what you asshats said when UB wasn't doing well.

Probably the thing that pisses me off the most is the reason why UB moved up to I-A/FBS was because UB needed to get in a better conference and got turned down by the America East. When UB moved the program up to Division I, the plan was NOT to play I-A/FBS football. UB is playing I-A/FBS football because it had no other choice.

It turned out to be fortuitous. UB got more attention in one year of FBS football than it would have gotten in 100 years of FCS football.

TheBisonator
September 10th, 2011, 08:32 PM
For all the shiat you guys have written about UB over the years, you deserve to take some. It hasn't been as bad since UB won the MAC, but I still remember what you asshats said when UB wasn't doing well.

Probably the thing that pisses me off the most is the reason why UB moved up to I-A/FBS was because UB needed to get in a better conference and got turned down by the America East. When UB moved the program up to Division I, the plan was NOT to play I-A/FBS football. UB is playing I-A/FBS football because it had no other choice.

It turned out to be fortuitous. UB got more attention in one year of FBS football than it would have gotten in 100 years of FCS football.

NDSU has gotten more national attention in FCS than UB has ever gotten in FBS.

zibby
September 10th, 2011, 08:34 PM
Yes, your hockey team has gotten a lot of national attention, but then it's Division I. So are you guys sticking with Fighting Sioux, or what?

Just kidding. If it weren't for Phil Hansen, I would have never heard of you.

TheBisonator
September 10th, 2011, 08:35 PM
Yes, your hockey team has gotten a lot of national attention, but then it's Division I. So are you guys sticking with Fighting Sioux, or what?

Just kidding. If it weren't for Phil Hansen, I would have never heard of you.

We've been on SportsCenter more times than you ever have. And at least we've been to the NCAA tournament.

StrikeJMU
September 10th, 2011, 08:38 PM
My question is why haven't we sold Buffalo to Canada yet?

HailSzczur
September 10th, 2011, 08:39 PM

It really is a good thing you got out of 1AA football before this became too come of an occurrence:
Buffalo 0 7 7 26 40
Villanova 10 27 21 7 65 FINAL

TheBisonator
September 10th, 2011, 08:40 PM

Living in Toronto, I can tell you that people generally don't even want anything to do with Buffalo...

zibby
September 10th, 2011, 08:41 PM
LOL! Are you sure about that? UB was the lede on SportsCenter the night it won the MAC championship. SportsCenter and pretty much every other national sports broadcaster and publication did a story about UB's first bowl team that didn't end up playing because of racism. UB's Hail Mary win over Temple was on SportsCenter and every other highlight show. When the hell have you ever been on SportsCenter?

And if UB had stayed in the Incontinent Conference, UB would have won multiple championships by now. You try playing Kent, Akron, Ohio and Miami twice a year every year.

TheBisonator
September 10th, 2011, 08:44 PM
LOL! Are you sure about that? UB was the lede on SportsCenter the night it won the MAC championship. SportsCenter and pretty much every other national sports broadcaster and publication did a story about UB's first bowl team that didn't end up playing because of racism. UB's Hail Mary win over Temple was on SportsCenter and every other highlight show. When the hell have you ever been on SportsCenter?

And if UB had stayed in the Incontinent Conference, UB would have won multiple championships by now. You try playing Kent, Akron, Ohio and Miami twice a year every year.

Wins over Kansas and Minnesota in football, the Summit champ. game in 2009 and the week leading up to the tourney, Narrow loss to Minnesota in 2006, Numerous times we have had highlights in basketball at such teams as Texas Tech, Florida, Minnesota, Iowa State, Softball team made appearances every year since 2009, including the 2009 tournament run....

CBS (the national network) was with the Bison team for several days and did a 15-minute fluff piece during the Road To The Final Four preview show...

PantherRob82
September 10th, 2011, 08:44 PM
Lol....you are still Buffalo. The fact that you need to come on an FCS board to brag shows your place in the world.

StrikeJMU
September 10th, 2011, 08:46 PM
look at the second definition.
http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Zibby

TheBisonator
September 10th, 2011, 08:46 PM
Buffalo is just a little better than Eastern Michigan, which is really all they can say.

Turner Gill is gone, now they go back to 1-11 every year.

HailSzczur
September 10th, 2011, 08:47 PM
\And if UB had stayed in the Incontinent Conference, UB would have won multiple championships by now. You try playing Kent, Akron, Ohio and Miami twice a year every year.

I'd take that schedule on any day. Thats nothing

chattownmocs
September 10th, 2011, 08:48 PM
I think the vols have something for your scrubby 3rd rate program in a few weeks.

TheBisonator
September 10th, 2011, 08:49 PM
I'd take that schedule on any day. Thats nothing

Akron, Ohio and Miami, OH every year?? That equals WIN, WIN and WIN for most MVFC teams.

HailSzczur
September 10th, 2011, 08:53 PM
Akron, Ohio and Miami, OH every year?? That equals WIN, WIN and WIN for most MVFC teams.

Well actually I was assuming he switched topics and was talking about his basketball schedule here, seeing as you dont play anyone twice a year in football. Either way though its hardly a rigorous schedule.

zibby
September 10th, 2011, 08:55 PM
Wins over Kansas and Minnesota in football

Uh, yeah, gonna need a citation on those. Syracuse's win over Wake Forest in overtime on 9/1 didn't make SportsCenter the following day even though there were only about six games played that day and that game was the only one that was close. Maybe your highlights were on College Football Final or something...if so, hooray for you, but that's not SportsCenter.

UB has played in the MAC basketball championship game twice and had its home games against Pitt and UConn (both #2 in the nation at the time) broadcast by ESPN and had highlights on SportsCenter. UB's home game against North Carolina also made SportsCenter. I think it's pretty safe to say UB basketball has been on SportsCenter more often.

And softball? Really? You need to brag about winning in softball? UB's women's crew team is really good. Champions two years ago, second last year. After hearing that, I bet you're sorry you messed with UB.

Go Lehigh TU owl
September 10th, 2011, 08:55 PM

Easy there. This where FCS fans get in trouble. It would take one helluva FCS team to beat Ohio and Miami most years. Akron yes, Lehigh would beat them by 2 TD's.

TheBisonator
September 10th, 2011, 08:57 PM
Uh, yeah, gonna need a citation on those. Syracuse's win over Wake Forest in overtime on 9/1 didn't make SportsCenter the following day even though there were only about six games played that day and that game was the only one that was close. Maybe your highlights were on College Football Final or something...if so, hooray for you, but that's not SportsCenter.

UB has played in the MAC basketball championship game twice and had its home games against Pitt and UConn (both #2 in the nation at the time) broadcast by ESPN and had highlights on SportsCenter. UB's home game against North Carolina also made SportsCenter. I think it's pretty safe to say UB basketball has been on SportsCenter more often.

And softball? Really? You need to brag about winning in softball? UB's women's crew team is really good. Champions two years ago, second last year. After hearing that, I bet you're sorry you messed with UB.

Actually, I'm not sorry at all...

PantherRob82
September 10th, 2011, 08:59 PM
Lol. WGAF about Buffalo. Even playing FCS football, I guarantee most sports fans know more about UNI than a MAC school. Most football fans don't view the MAC any different than they view FCS teams.

UNI was on sportscenter 2 years ago for ALMOST beating Iowa. We don't even have to win to get the same coverage as you. ;)

zibby
September 10th, 2011, 09:00 PM

Hey dumbass, I was talking about basketball. You're the one who brought up basketball. You really want to compare MAC basketball against a conference full of ex D-II teams and D-I teams that no other conference wants?

When you make it to the Elite Eight (Kent) or even beat a team like Georgetown in the first round (Ohio), then you can come talk to me about basketball.

PantherRob82
September 10th, 2011, 09:03 PM
Hey dumbass, I was talking about basketball. You're the one who brought up basketball. You really want to compare MAC basketball against a conference full of ex D-II teams and D-I teams that no other conference wants?

When you make it to the Elite Eight (Kent) or even beat a team like Georgetown in the first round (Ohio), then you can come talk to me about basketball.

Notice how you keep pointing out other MAC schools successes....not yours. How did your one bowl game go?

TheBisonator
September 10th, 2011, 09:04 PM
Lol. WGAF about Buffalo. Even playing FCS football, I guarantee most sports fans know more about UNI than a MAC school. Most football fans don't view the MAC any different than they view FCS teams.

UNI was on sportscenter 2 years ago for ALMOST beating Iowa. We don't even have to win to get the same coverage as you. ;)

Hell, I guarantee more sports fans know of NDSU than freakin' Buffalo....

zibby
September 10th, 2011, 09:04 PM
I think the vols have something for your scrubby 3rd rate program in a few weeks.

LOL! I wonder if Smallbany and Stony Brook hope its Big Brother to do their winning for them.

HailSzczur
September 10th, 2011, 09:07 PM

Im willing to talk basketball then....

And just because you play good teams doesn't make you good

zibby
September 10th, 2011, 09:09 PM
Notice how you keep pointing out other MAC schools successes....not yours. How did your one bowl game go?

It went great. It was on ESPN. It was the only football game on at the time. NFL fans waiting for the playoff games to start at 4:00PM had nothing else to watch but UB's game. About 25,000 UB fans made the game. UB got the story of how racism cost the '58 team a bowl game told AGAIN. And the game was interesting right up until about two or three minutes left in the game.

zibby
September 10th, 2011, 09:23 PM
You are seriously kidding yourselves. Here are the FCS teams the average sports fan has heard of: Appalachian State (obvious), Villanova (but only for basketball and possibly the news that they may join the Big East for football), Eastern Washington (but for the red field, not for winning the championship). There may be some people who remember Jacksonville State...but the average sports fan? Highly doubt it. Even I had to look up which team beat Virginia Tech last year.

I Bleed Purple
September 10th, 2011, 09:26 PM
And the average sports fan would say, "There's a University of Buffalo?"

StrikeJMU
September 10th, 2011, 09:30 PM
that was us. I know because I spent $104 at the bar that day.

You are seriously kidding yourselves. Here are the FCS teams the average sports fan has heard of: Appalachian State (obvious), Villanova (but only for basketball and possibly the news that they may join the Big East for football), Eastern Washington (but for the red field, not for winning the championship). There may be some people who remember Jacksonville State...but the average sports fan? Highly doubt it. Even I had to look up which team beat Virginia Tech last year.

fc97
September 10th, 2011, 09:32 PM
I didn't know Buffalo was ever on ESPN.

Also, I would like to say that the average sports fan know of only Villanova for Basketball. Most average sports fans can't tell you any school outside of the big six conferences.

Sorry

zibby
September 10th, 2011, 09:36 PM
The last couple years haven't been so good, but in 2008 EVERYONE knew there was a University at Buffalo. Turner Gill, the Hail Mary win over Temple, the MAC Championship, the bowl game, the stories about the '58 team and a total of SEVEN football games were broadcast by ESPN.

Are you seriously going to try to tell me UB gets that much attention if UB is playing in FCS?

PantherRob82
September 10th, 2011, 09:50 PM

UNI....you know...we beat Kansas to go to the Sweet 16....#1 overall seed Kansas.

Go Lehigh TU owl
September 10th, 2011, 09:53 PM
UNI....you know...we beat Kansas to go to the Sweet 16....#1 overall seed Kansas.

Ali Farokhmanesh will live on forever!!

PantherRob82
September 10th, 2011, 09:54 PM
Ali Farokhmanesh will live on forever!!

Yup.....and I remember Buffalo won the MAC and Turner Gill left, but I watch ESPN non-stop and don't remember anything about racism and a bowl game?

HailSzczur
September 10th, 2011, 10:02 PM
Yup.....and I remember Buffalo won the MAC and Turner Gill left, but I watch ESPN non-stop and don't remember anything about racism and a bowl game?

You must have been to concerned with the NFL playoffs to watch the "International Bowl" warm up game

zibby
September 10th, 2011, 10:03 PM

Thanks for the reminder. I forgot.

So we're talking about basketball again? Maybe the board admins can create a little basketball icon to put next to posts about basketball so we can all keep it straight. I thought this was a football board.

I don't have much to say about UB's basketball team. I hate the coach and I think he should have been fired years ago. I cannot now and probably never will understand why they've allowed him to stay as long as he has. The only thing I'll say in his defense is the MAC East division is light years tougher than the West division. The four best teams are all in the East.

I also have a degree from Syracuse, so I spend basketball season watching them. I hardly pay attention to UB basketball and probably won't until they replace the coach.

DJKyR0
September 10th, 2011, 10:05 PM

We as the same thing about Grand Forks.

dgtw
September 11th, 2011, 12:06 AM
If I ever knew Buffalo won the MAC I had forgotten it. I think I remember Gill leaving, did he go to Kansas?

The only team I have heard of missing a bowl due to racism was San Francisco back in the 1950s. do you have a link to the Buffalo story? It sounds interesting, I'd seriously like to read about it.

zibby
September 11th, 2011, 12:28 AM
http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/eticket/story?page=buffalo58

Twentysix
September 11th, 2011, 12:34 AM
I didn't know Buffalo was ever on ESPN.

Also, I would like to say that the average sports fan know of only Villanova for Basketball. Most average sports fans can't tell you any school outside of the big six conferences.

Sorry

And will often omit one of the power 6 conferences not being able to name it. Can almost never name all of the teams in ANY of the FBS conferences.

Dane96
September 11th, 2011, 02:40 AM

That is the biggest crock of **** ever. I was recruited by UB in a different sport, however they were selling my family on big time football (my father was a college coach, so they played to that) in 1991 and 1992 (Winter) and they absolutely 100% told my family, "WE WILL BE THE UCLA OF THE EAST. I was standing in the "SPINE" when they made that comment. I signed to play at Buffalo...and transferred early in my Freshmen year.

It was always the administration's desire to move back to the big time where they used to be. It was such a conscience choice that the Coaches actually showed us plans for the expansion of UB Stadium...before the paint dried on the two-sided 15k seat complex.

Go take your bull**** elsewhere.

Dane96
September 11th, 2011, 02:44 AM

Make an NCAA tourney. Oh that's right, Albany has been there twice.

Let me make your next argument for you: Albany plays in the America East...we play in the MAC a better league. True, I'll give you that. Guess what, you need to recruit and play to your schedule. It's clear Albany has done that...but Buffalo has not.

Let me make it easy for all my FCS brothers here: GO **** YOURSELF.

zibby
September 11th, 2011, 05:51 AM
in 1991 and 1992 (Winter)

[snip]

the Coaches actually showed us plans for the expansion of UB Stadium...before the paint dried on the two-sided 15k seat complex.

That's amazing considering the stadium hadn't even been built yet. Were they psychics or time travelers?

You don't know what the Hell you're talking about if you think UB's goal was to play I-A/FBS football. UB had to schedule a bunch of D-II schools because they couldn't get enough I-AA schools to schedule them. If they wanted to be a big time program, why didn't they schedule I-A schools instead? The MAC invite came completely out of the blue. NO ONE saw interest from them coming. Even after the MAC asked UB to "provide information," they didn't expect an invite. UB was so unprepared to play to I-A football, they actually delayed entry into the MAC for a year. While all the other sports played in the MAC, the football team played another year in I-AA. And we all know what happened in the first seven years of I-A football, so no need to mention again how unprepared they were for I-A football.

Make an NCAA tourney. Oh that's right, Albany has been there twice.

Only because UB wasn't in the America East. Your two years of winning the tallest midget contest just happened to coincide with the best period of UB basketball. The year UB lost in the MAC final to Ohio, UB finished the regular season with an RPI of 39. They had the second-highest RPI among teams screwed^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^H not selected for an at-large that year. UB also had some pretty good teams in the old Incontinent Conference days, but just couldn't beat Bryce Drew and Valparaiso. UB is making a mistake not replacing the coach, but part of the reason why they haven't made the tourney is just plain bad luck.

Dane96
September 11th, 2011, 08:21 AM
Really...stadium hadn't been built.

Now you are liar.

Ground Broke- Sept. 1991
Unofficial Recruiting Trip- December 1991
Stand Complete but for wiring, paint, seats, signage, etc., Early April 1992.
Final Recruiting Trip- First week of May 1992
Construction Pass Final State Safety Inspection- April 1993
World University Games- Summer 1993
Stadium's First Football GameGame- Sept. 1993.

Yeah...wasn't built when I visited. Sure thing. You are so full of ****. That said, if you noticed, I said "Before the paint dried", which apparently you don't understand to mean...the thing wasn't yet completed. You know, it is a figure of speech.

And you don't get invited to a conference out of the blue...you apply for entry. They needed a 12th team in 1998 when they had NIU and Marshall come on board. Buffalo happened to be searching for a home because of the far-flung MCC hoop and other sport conference they needed. Buffalo approached...they talked with the MAC, the MAC schools voted them in.

Please leave us now.

zibby
September 11th, 2011, 08:53 AM
I don't recall the MAC saying it was expanding so it could host a conference championship game. That was a relatively new idea back then. They could have just added NIU or Marshall. Or any of the other schools it was looking at. The MAC didn't even need to add UB to create a championship game. UB ended up being the 13th team in the MAC. And how could UB predict that the MAC would pass over Youngstown State? Youngstown State was one of the best I-AA schools in the country at that time.

But whatever. You can just keep living in whatever little world you and everyone else on here wants to live in. You don't have to take my word for it. Just look at the stadium. You don't have to buy a ticket and go inside or even get out of your car. Just drive by the stadium and tell me whether it looks like the product of years of planning and foresight or whether it looks as if it was hurriedly put together after some sudden change.

Dane96
September 11th, 2011, 09:06 AM
Yeah, I know they had thirteen teams. By the end of Marshall's first year, there were already rumblings (Fall of 1997) that they would leave again. They ended up not leaving for about 6 more seasons (about, if memory serves)...but the MAC needed to protect itself and fit the bill perfectly.

That said, let's buy your bull**** for a moment: WHY IS IT THE AMERICA EAST AND YANKEE CONFERENCES FAULT IF YOUR ADMINISTRATION JUMPED UP WITHOUT A CONFERENCE. They had no reason to let UB in as they were fine by themselves. It was poor planning by the Administration in order to take the State's money under the "World University Games" guise and then move back into DI

That said, you still don't acknowledge the timeline of the stadium being built. And i have been in the Stadium...I have practiced on that field (again, in another sport). Yes, it is a piece of ****...though that is changing with the destruction of the North Endzone (I think I read North) seats and the construction of the performance/football building.

But they had the plans in place...and were ALWAYS MOVING TO DI. It was always the plan. And in case your wondering...there is a lovely State Report (independent commission) on UB's athletics at DI. Betcha didnt know that.

Good day...it's clear you have HALF information.