PDA

View Full Version : Former SIU Coach Jerry Kill Colapsed on Gophers Sideline Today

Gil Dobie
September 10th, 2011, 06:18 PM
Carried off on a stretcher with an IV and O2 mask. His family went with, not sure if he was awake or not.

Hope it's not too bad.

Gil Dobie
September 10th, 2011, 06:22 PM
He seized on the sideline during the game. Reported that he is in stable condition.

Uncle Buck
September 10th, 2011, 06:23 PM
Hope he is okay. I know this is a condition has has battled. Prayers go out to him.

Wildcat80
September 10th, 2011, 06:30 PM
Wow!! i just saw they lost too. What is his condition?

Gil Dobie
September 10th, 2011, 06:37 PM
From the press conference, it sounds like he had a seizure due to dehydration.

Gil Dobie
September 26th, 2011, 06:49 AM
Coach Kill has checked into Mayo Clinic.......

Strib Link (http://www.startribune.com/sports/gophers/130538223.html)

One more seizure was one too many for Jerry Kill.

The Gophers football coach suffered another seizure Sunday morning, and despite his vow last week to keep working even as the problem recurred more than 20 times, Kill decided to take steps to get the seizures under control.

After being examined by team physician Dr. Pat Smith, Kill left the team and checked himself into Mayo Clinic in Rochester for further treatment.

"Rebecca and I have made the decision to do what it takes to find a solution," Kill, referring to his wife of 29 years, said in a statement released by the university. "I hope to be back to work soon, but we believe that taking some time away to get a handle on this is the right thing to do."

Smith cannot predict how long Kill, who was in good condition with strong vital signs after his latest seizure, will remain hospitalized, the statement said. The Gophers, who fell to 1-3 Saturday with a 37-24 loss to North Dakota State, are scheduled to open Big Ten play at Michigan on Saturday. Kill has been hospitalized during the football season in six of the past 12 years but has never missed a game

pike51
September 26th, 2011, 08:13 AM
Coach Kill has checked into Mayo Clinic.......

Strib Link (http://www.startribune.com/sports/gophers/130538223.html)

I will be praying for a full recovery. This can be very scary and it's good he has decided to take the steps to find out and correct what's wrong. Football, although it's his job, is still just a game and to ignore a serious health issue wouldn't be very smart.