PDA

View Full Version : Arizona CB fails to return from sring break.

Ronbo
April 11th, 2006, 11:50 AM
4.3 speedster Arizona dropdown Dramayne McElroy must have seen the writing on the wall. He was 3rd on the depth chart behind a returning starter and a excellent Sophmore backup from California. I wonder if he thought he was just going to come in and dominate at I-AA?

In the spring scrimmage just before Spring Break he had his bell rung the first time he touched the ball. He was fielding a punt and just as he caught the ball a 210 lb player popped him with a loud and vicious helmet to helmet hit and sent him and the ball flying for a fumble. He was helped off the field and didn't see any further action.

Welcome to I-AA Dramayne!:smiley_wi See ya.

soweagle
April 11th, 2006, 12:02 PM
I shouldn't think this way but I sometimes find myself pulling for the actual I-AA recruit to start over the I-A transfer. I get the impression that some (not all) of these I-A guys feel as if they will have a cake walk in I-AA.

ChickenMan
April 11th, 2006, 12:14 PM
In most cases I-A transfers are little different than I-AA recruits... some turn out great... some are mediocre and some are busts. The key to transfers... just like recruits... find the good ones... ;)

nlwwln
April 11th, 2006, 04:12 PM
so the guy is no longer enrolled at school or just decided not to return to the team after spring break? i would imagine the guy was on scholarship right? so doesnt that mean he has to play in order to receive the money? just a lil confused.

Ronbo
April 11th, 2006, 04:23 PM
If he quits the team and doesn't return to school he loses the scholarship and we give it to someone else.:nod: