PDA

View Full Version : What team do you hate the most?

Apphole
September 8th, 2011, 12:01 PM
There are a million reasons we hate certain teams, admitted or not. What school do you really hate the most?

Apphole
September 8th, 2011, 12:02 PM
I'm going UNCC

TheBisonator
September 8th, 2011, 12:02 PM
Smack thread is down the hall, to your left.

Apphole
September 8th, 2011, 12:06 PM
If a mod started http://www.anygivensaturday.com/showthread.php?92187-Why-do-people-not-like-SFA on the discussion thread I have every right. We'll see ya

The Eagle's Cliff
September 8th, 2011, 12:13 PM
This is a discussion we've had on GSUfans. Our earlier history made Furman the most hated and they still are, but App has probably moved into the front position in recent years. I know there were several of us grinning widely as the Va Tech score kept being updated:D

I hate UGA pretty much more than any one and would probably cheer for the Nazi Hitler's if they were playing the Dawgs. Go Dawgs! - and take the Atlanta Yankees with you!

Friend of Pounce
September 8th, 2011, 12:15 PM
ODU. Just cuz. And it's convenient we play 'em this week.

yorkcountyUNHfan
September 8th, 2011, 12:22 PM
UNH fans are split on this. UMaine or UMass, but with Mass moving to the MAC we'll really only play them regularly in hockey.

We do hate BU and BC from hockey.

UMaine is now alone atop the most hated list for UNH. I'm sure the feeling is mutualxnodx

PAllen
September 8th, 2011, 12:30 PM
Lafayette

Grizzaholic
September 8th, 2011, 12:30 PM
If a mod started http://www.anygivensaturday.com/showthread.php?92187-Why-do-people-not-like-SFA on the discussion thread I have every right. We'll see ya

I am not a mod. Don't ever EVER lump me into the rotten bag of ******** that make up MODS.

Side Judge
September 8th, 2011, 12:36 PM
Smack thread is down the hall, to your left.

I take "hate" to mean "heated rivalry", so it's fine here in discussion.

Hen fans don't really care too much for JMU or Nova, but I'd stop short of "hate". Gonna miss seeing MM this season prowling the sideline while dodging streamers and marshmallows though...

crusader11
September 8th, 2011, 12:39 PM
Probably Harvard for Holy Cross fans. We don't have a true rival in the PL...pretty unfortunate.

Grizzaholic
September 8th, 2011, 12:40 PM
I take "hate" to mean "heated rivalry", so it's fine here in discussion.

Hen fans don't really care too much for JMU or Nova, but I'd stop short of "hate". Gonna miss seeing MM this season prowling the sideline while dodging streamers and marshmallows though...

I see the resident loser has shown his face.

The team I root against every week is JMU. If they go 0'fer the next 3 seasons it couldn't happen to a nicer program.

Rob Iola
September 8th, 2011, 12:41 PM
Some folks hate playing Montana. Others, most of whom reside east of the Mississippi (called "winners"), are very happy to see them...

Grizzaholic
September 8th, 2011, 12:42 PM
Some folks hate playing Montana. Others, most of whom reside east of the Mississippi (called "winners"), are very happy to see them...

Everyone loves Montana.

Go Lehigh TU owl
September 8th, 2011, 12:45 PM
Villanova

asumike83
September 8th, 2011, 12:45 PM
App has probably moved into the front position in recent years. I know there were several of us grinning widely as the Va Tech score kept being updated:D

Probably GA Southern for me. I have a feeling there may be some smiling faces in Boone when y'all make the trip over to Tuscaloosa!

superman7515
September 8th, 2011, 12:56 PM
James Madison Virginia Correctional Institute For Wayward Boys

Apphole
September 8th, 2011, 12:56 PM
Well I guess "heated rivalry" works but there is a distinction to me. As far as "heated rivalries" go I'd go GaSo. I hate them, but I do respect their program ect. I have absolutely no respect for UNCC and don't think there are many that know the school that do. I hate then for the fact that they run their mouths online and their school is a monument to urban sprawl, academic mediocrity and delusions of grandeur. They attack Appalachian at every step in a desperate publicity stunt. Latching onto and fabricating a rivalry with one of the biggest names in the FCS couldn't hurt right. It is a feeble attempt to invent a nonexistent history and it does nothing more than annoy arguably the FCS' biggest fanbase. I would like nothing more for a game with these noobs to run up the score and feed their handful of online trollers some crow.

asumike83
September 8th, 2011, 01:06 PM
Well I guess "heated rivalry" works but there is a distinction to me. As far as "heated rivalries" go I'd go GaSo. I hate them, but I do respect their program ect. I have absolutely no respect for UNCC and don't think there are many that know the school that do. I hate then for the fact that they run their mouths online and their school is a monument to urban sprawl, academic mediocrity and delusions of grandeur. They attack Appalachian at every step in a desperate publicity stunt. Latching onto and fabricating a rivalry with one of the biggest names in the FCS couldn't hurt right. It is a feeble attempt to invent a nonexistent history and it does nothing more than annoy arguably the FCS' biggest fanbase. I would like nothing more for a game with these noobs to run up the score and feed their handful of online trollers some crow.

If that is how you feel, then it would appear you may be playing right into their hands by starting a thread about how much you hate them and requesting a game with them in football. If you think they aren't worth the time, then just let them be.

frozennorth
September 8th, 2011, 01:11 PM
the citadel.

Apphole
September 8th, 2011, 01:12 PM
If that is how you feel, then it would appear you may be playing right into their hands by starting a thread about how much you hate them and requesting a game with them in football. If you think they aren't worth the time, then just let them be.

Not what the thread is about. Just my answer to what the thread is about

OL FU
September 8th, 2011, 01:16 PM
One of the problems with our get togethers down here in South Carolina is that has become more difficult to hate any of our opponents since I have become friends with their fans.

Probably the team I hate to lose to the most is The Citadel but that is mainly because for the next year I will say hello and citdog will reply with the scorexrolleyesx

Bam
September 8th, 2011, 01:18 PM
The Blundering Turds of Marshell University.

OL FU
September 8th, 2011, 01:20 PM
The Blundering Turds of Marshell University.

Well yeahxmadx

Bogus Megapardus
September 8th, 2011, 01:29 PM
Before Tuesday, I would have said Lehigh (or maybe even Penn). Another team now seems to spark greater ire, however.

Yes, that would be you, Georgetown.

OhioHen
September 8th, 2011, 01:33 PM
Everyone loves Montana.

Even the Bobcats? xeyebrowx

EdubAlum
September 8th, 2011, 01:34 PM
NDSU

49RFootballNow
September 8th, 2011, 01:37 PM
I'm going UNCC

Thanks for the compliment! xthumbsupx

asumike83
September 8th, 2011, 01:44 PM
Not what the thread is about. Just my answer to what the thread is about

Either way, you know as well as I do that this could easily turn into another ASU/UNCC pissing match. My point is that if you think they are nothing and not worthy of having a rivalry with ASU, why keep poking them with a stick to provoke arguments?

Bearkat-Backer
September 8th, 2011, 01:44 PM
SFA

Gil Dobie
September 8th, 2011, 01:53 PM
Minnechoka Gophers

Gil Dobie
September 8th, 2011, 01:54 PM
Everyone loves Hannah.

FIFY

49RFootballNow
Either way, you know as well as I do that this could easily turn into another ASU/UNCC pissing match. My point is that if you think they are nothing and not worthy of having a rivalry with ASU, why keep poking them with a stick to provoke arguments?

I'll be nice, on this thread. Promise! :D

I don't even hate App St, contrary to popular opinion. I reserve my hate for a school that has truly earned it; athletically, academically and financially. Chapel Hell. xtroublex

Grizzaholic
FIFY

Wrong site.

TheRevSFA
September 8th, 2011, 02:00 PM
Sam...

Twentysix
September 8th, 2011, 02:03 PM
NDSU

Kisses, probably uni, but for football only.

I have a general dislike for und though. I really hope SDSU succeeds except against ndsu.

HailSzczur
September 8th, 2011, 02:07 PM
Definitely JMU for me.

First reaction would be to say Delaware, but I have nothing against them. Its a rivalry, but a friendly and healthy one I think, and since I've been watching Nova football has gone very often in our favor.

What makes it tough is being a football only member of the CAA our rivalries don't go through any of the other sports. I mean in Bball we hate Cuse, UCONN, Pitt, Georgetown, Louisville, Marquette, and anyone else who manages to field a half decent team that year

andy7171
September 8th, 2011, 02:12 PM
JMU hands down. I used to hate Hofstra too.

dgtw
September 8th, 2011, 02:14 PM
Speaking for me: Auburn
Speaking for my wife: Troy

Jax State doesn't seem to have a blood rival these days.

813Jag
September 8th, 2011, 02:14 PM
Everyone loves Montana.
I know I do xthumbsupx

813Jag
September 8th, 2011, 02:15 PM
Grambling, Jackson St, FAMU, if FBS counts then I hate LSU worse than the other three combined.

ASUG8
September 8th, 2011, 02:18 PM
One of the problems with our get togethers down here in South Carolina is that has become more difficult to hate any of our opponents since I have become friends with their fans.

Probably the team I hate to lose to the most is The Citadel but that is mainly because for the next year I will say hello and citdog will reply with the scorexrolleyesx

Good to hear that the Mrs. (not me) got you turned around on App fans xthumbsupx

I'll have to go Ga So. on this one, although I have much respect for their accomplishments.

GaSouthern
September 8th, 2011, 02:28 PM
Probably GA Southern for me. I have a feeling there may be some smiling faces in Boone when y'all make the trip over to Tuscaloosa!

Because our upset made the SoCon look good? :D

Hey, I pulled for you against the maze and blue, if we're in a close one how about throw some cheers our way :)

pike51
September 8th, 2011, 02:31 PM
I hate everyone!! But if we play you this week, I hate you a little bit more. :)

813Jag
September 8th, 2011, 02:32 PM

Having close friends and families assoicated with rivals make it easer for me to hate them xlolx

91Niner
September 8th, 2011, 02:35 PM

hehehe.....:)

citdog
September 8th, 2011, 03:38 PM
Vermin and the vagina military institute.

THE DANIMAL
September 8th, 2011, 03:45 PM
James Madison and definitely Montana St.

dbackjon
September 8th, 2011, 03:45 PM
Georgia Southern and Furman

AppMAN04
September 8th, 2011, 03:48 PM
Ga Southern and Elon with their wack swag a couple of years back..

Sam
September 8th, 2011, 03:53 PM
I hate everyone!! But if we play you this week, I hate you a little bit more. Totally agree!

BigHouseClosedEnd
September 8th, 2011, 03:56 PM
The Royal Pukes of JMU ... by a landslide.

ElonFirefighter
September 8th, 2011, 03:59 PM
xbangxI hate myselfxbangx

OL FU
September 8th, 2011, 04:02 PM
Georgia Southern and Furman

xeyebrowx

that's a long distance hate relationship.:D

darell1976
September 8th, 2011, 04:07 PM
NDSU

Ditto!!!

catbob
September 8th, 2011, 04:15 PM
Griz.

boonegoon
September 8th, 2011, 04:15 PM
Long term, Furman. More recently, Elon and Chattownmocs is making me dislike Nooga.

HailSzczur
September 8th, 2011, 04:16 PM
Noticing a whole lot of love for JMU from CAA and non CAA fans

ValleyBoy
September 8th, 2011, 04:23 PM
Well I guess "heated rivalry" works but there is a distinction to me. As far as "heated rivalries" go I'd go AppSt. I hate them, but I do respect their program ect. I have absolutely no respect for Georgia State and don't think there are many that know the school that do. I hate then for the fact that they run their mouths online and their school is a monument to urban sprawl, academic mediocrity and delusions of grandeur. They attack Georgia Southern at every step in a desperate publicity stunt. It is a feeble attempt to invent a nonexistent history and it does nothing more than annoy arguably the FCS' biggest fanbase. I would like nothing more for a game with these noobs to run up the score and feed their handful of online trollers some crow.

With the above changes this statement work fit for the Marta Flockers.

dbackjon
September 8th, 2011, 04:26 PM
xeyebrowx

that's a long distance hate relationship.:D

11-30-1996 NAU 31 Furman (SC) 42
Flagstaff, AZ
Division I-AA 1st Round Playoff Game

11-27-1999 NAU 29 Georgia Southern 72
Statesboro, GA

superman7515
September 8th, 2011, 04:33 PM

Yeah, I think they're running away with this one overall.

JMad03

It's called jealousy and I totally understand. I'd hate us too.

Mountaineer
Northern Arizona. Their one fan is gay.

poly51
September 8th, 2011, 04:39 PM
Florida Gators
Sul Ross State
Fresno State
UC Santa Barbara

Grizzaholic
September 8th, 2011, 04:46 PM

I bet a 6-pack would change your mind.

van
September 8th, 2011, 04:52 PM
Lafayette

What he said.

dbackjon
September 8th, 2011, 05:05 PM

Is that banjoes I hear playing?

Friend of Pounce
September 8th, 2011, 05:11 PM
With the above changes this statement work fit for the Marta Flockers.

Wondered when the thread would dip into this territory. There must be quite a legacy of Georgia State-related shenanigans online that I'm completely unaware of.

Ah, well. Go Panthers!

The Eagle's Cliff
September 8th, 2011, 05:12 PM
Flagstaff, AZ

Statesboro, GA

I was at that gamexnodx

Here's some highlights (go to 2:56) for those who may have missed it:D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=xDL9oq39jUc#t=175s

TribeAdvocate
September 8th, 2011, 05:13 PM
As a W&M student I hate either Virginia the most, as a Charlotte grad I hate App the most in FCS and ECU & UNC-CHeat the most in FBS.

dbackjon
September 8th, 2011, 05:15 PM
I was at that gamexnodx

Here's some highlights (go to 2:56) for those who may have missed it:D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=xDL9oq39jUc#t=175s

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Mountaineer
September 8th, 2011, 05:21 PM
Is that banjoes I hear playing?

Hey now, what happens out back around the still stays there. xshhhx

frozennorth
September 8th, 2011, 05:28 PM
Switching my vote to minnesota and my alma mater.

The Eagle's Cliff
September 8th, 2011, 05:29 PM
BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

I forgot the newspaper article the following dayxspankxxasswhipx

http://savannahnow.com/stories/112899/SPTgsulead.shtml

xdeadhorsex

bulldog10jw
September 8th, 2011, 05:40 PM
The P's

CID1990
September 8th, 2011, 06:07 PM
marshall

WM2001
September 8th, 2011, 06:26 PM
JMU.

HailSzczur
September 8th, 2011, 06:33 PM
It's called jealousy and I totally understand. I'd hate us too.

The only thing I really see to be jealous of is Bridgeforth, which admittedly I am. The team itself, no way.

JaxSinfonian
September 8th, 2011, 06:36 PM
Speaking for me: Auburn
Speaking for my wife: Troy

Jax State doesn't seem to have a blood rival these days.

I like the way your wife thinks.

Troy will forever represent for me all that is wrong in the world and all that is warped and detestable in human nature.

Plus, their band sucks.

PantherRob82
September 8th, 2011, 07:25 PM
Tough....NDSU, SFA, .....I think that's it...

MSU_77
September 8th, 2011, 07:35 PM
USL, baby! xthumbsdownx

FormerPokeCenter
September 8th, 2011, 07:39 PM
USL, baby! xthumbsdownx

THIS to the 9,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999th power.... ;)

TheRevSFA
September 8th, 2011, 07:48 PM
Tough....NDSU, SFA, .....I think that's it...

Wow..hated by someone who isn't in our conference. I'm impressed. Wonder why the hatred? Is it because our coach is a jackass? Maybe. Is it because you haven't beat us since W was in his first term? Probably....

By the way...I like how your coach has basically put down the mat for an excuse if SFA beats you "SFA probably has been practicing for us for weeks, while we were focused on UNI." To help clarify his statement, SFA spent weeks figuring out who the starting QB was..then used the game against McMurry to practice.

Reign of Terrier
September 8th, 2011, 07:54 PM
I'd have to say that I probably hate every team that we lose to :P . I don't like losing to GSU though, they have such a different culture from Wofford off the field that it causes a lot of petty disputes among fans. I don't like App, but if we beat them it would be all sins atoned for. The older fanbase at Wofford hates furman's guts but we've owned them 3 of the last 4 so it's not as passionate of a hate for me seeing as I didn't pay much attention to football when we were losing to them.

blukeys
September 8th, 2011, 08:06 PM
Well I am very much an old time traditionalist so I hate Nova. This is despite the fact that Andy Talley gives our team a lot of respect and the few Nova fans I have actually met have been all right guys. (There are just not that many Nova fans to get really mad about as there are just not that many Nova fans.)

With that being said I can really appreciate the love/hate that JMU is getting. I know of no one who is jealous of JMU. The dislike comes from watching a pompous, arrogant, childish coach. (a refugee of the Dundering Turds of Marshall)

The fan base of JMU could have served as the extras from the bar scene in the first Star Wars movie.

They only interact with each other even at away games. They are not social and in fact are obnoxious which is funny because no one knows what they should be obnoxious about.

The students and recent grads wear really stupid looking purple and gold Dr. Seuss hats along with their streamers which they hang onto for the entire game.

After meeting and watching JMU fans anyone can figure out why they were never accepted at the University of Virginia.

dbackjon
September 8th, 2011, 08:20 PM
Doesn't anyone hate Towson?

semobison
September 8th, 2011, 08:31 PM
UNI
The Eagles & Redskins
The Yankees
The Lakers

JMad03
September 8th, 2011, 08:33 PM
Well I am very much an old time traditionalist so I hate Nova. This is despite the fact that Andy Talley gives our team a lot of respect and the few Nova fans I have actually met have been all right guys. (There are just not that many Nova fans to get really mad about as there are just not that many Nova fans.)

With that being said I can really appreciate the love/hate that JMU is getting. I know of no one who is jealous of JMU. The dislike comes from watching a pompous, arrogant, childish coach. (a refugee of the Dundering Turds of Marshall)

The fan base of JMU could have served as the extras from the bar scene in the first Star Wars movie.

They only interact with each other even at away games. They are not social and in fact are obnoxious which is funny because no one knows what they should be obnoxious about.

The students and recent grads wear really stupid looking purple and gold Dr. Seuss hats along with their streamers which they hang onto for the entire game.

After meeting and watching JMU fans anyone can figure out why they were never accepted at the University of Virginia.

Nice generalization. My turn- Delaware's fan base- arrogant, grumpy old men that wear knit hats and talk about the "good 'ole days".
All of my friends that I go to away games try to be respectful of the school we are traveling to. I treat opposing fans the same. Nothing wrong with some fun ribbing, but I do have issues with ANY fan (JMU included) that treats an opposing fan with hostility. The truth is wherever you go, those fans are there.
One of the problems with JMU that I think leads to the hatred is the placement of opposing fans next to the student section. As a visiting fan, not the most pleasant experience. I would bet that if that section were moved, you'd hear less and less hatred for JMU.
I've been to App State several times and had opposing fans get in my face and swear at me each time as my wife and I head to the car. Do I think all App State fans are like that? No.
I don't expect this to change anyone's opinion of JMU or its fans. Just know for every generalization, there's a good fan that just loves their team. Delaware included.

MR. CHICKEN
September 8th, 2011, 08:33 PM

NO......DEY'RE...EASILY BEATABLE.........xrotatehx.....BRAWK!

wmtribe1693
September 8th, 2011, 08:35 PM
Towson. They are the ball on CAA's chain.

GunsAndGuitars
September 8th, 2011, 08:37 PM
Western Carolina fans give me a cringe but I don't hate the kittymounts really. They're like the little brother that isn't really good at anything, so they start a conversation and keep pushing that they're better at something until you just get bored and go away.

That said, the only school from which a fan has ever tried to start a fight with me was Delaware at the national championship game. Most Hens fans, from what I have seen on this board aren't that guy (who was, at best, half my size and trying to incite the sea of black and gold around him by knocking a hat off an older gentleman in ASU from head to toe standing between him and myself). I understand alcohol and its effects as I was on a bourbon kick myself, but something about a fan base from the mid-atlantic region, bordering the northeast coming into Chattanooga, TN, screaming "go home hillbillies" just confused me more than anything. Y'all are flat-landers that were visiting the mountains of the south... xdontknowx it just left an impression on me.

UNCC doesn't have a team yet and I hate them already. Then again, I hate the city of Charlotte. I lived there for 3 months, and I will choose death over doing so again so I guess they get a little bit of that hatred.

carney2
September 8th, 2011, 08:43 PM
For today, it's Georgetown. Who knew that Hoya is Linear A for mindless bureaucrats.

superman7515
September 8th, 2011, 09:16 PM
For today, it's Georgetown. Who knew that Hoya is Linear A for mindless bureaucrats.

This is the second post referencing hatred of Georgetown due to some recent issue. I guess I missed this, so any idea which thread?

carney2
September 8th, 2011, 09:31 PM
This is the second post referencing hatred of Georgetown due to some recent issue. I guess I missed this, so any idea which thread?

http://www.anygivensaturday.com/showthread.php?91610-Patriot-League-Pick-em-Week-2

It starts with post 53 and moves forward with increasing venom. The Cliff Notes version:

Georgetown has denied this week's opponent, Lafayette, permission to televise the game from Georgetown's MSF (Multi-Sport Field).

T-Dog
September 8th, 2011, 09:40 PM
USL, baby! xthumbsdownx

Quick question, how many touchdowns have Lafayette scored in Death Valley?

PantherRob82
September 8th, 2011, 09:55 PM
Wow..hated by someone who isn't in our conference. I'm impressed. Wonder why the hatred? Is it because our coach is a jackass? Maybe. Is it because you haven't beat us since W was in his first term? Probably....

Like I've stated in another thread...but possibly also on another website. I've never gained any respect for SFA in watching their games over the past 20 years. Whether against UNI or some other team, in person or on TV, I just don't have much respect for them.

NDSU is more SOME of their fans.

blukeys
September 8th, 2011, 09:55 PM
Nice generalization. My turn- Delaware's fan base- arrogant, grumpy old men that wear knit hats and talk about the "good 'ole days".
All of my friends that I go to away games try to be respectful of the school we are traveling to. I treat opposing fans the same. Nothing wrong with some fun ribbing, but I do have issues with ANY fan (JMU included) that treats an opposing fan with hostility. The truth is wherever you go, those fans are there.
One of the problems with JMU that I think leads to the hatred is the placement of opposing fans next to the student section. As a visiting fan, not the most pleasant experience. I would bet that if that section were moved, you'd hear less and less hatred for JMU.
I've been to App State several times and had opposing fans get in my face and swear at me each time as my wife and I head to the car. Do I think all App State fans are like that? No.
I don't expect this to change anyone's opinion of JMU or its fans. Just know for every generalization, there's a good fan that just loves their team. Delaware included.

Delaware does not seat visiting fans adjacent to the student section. Your assertion there is totally invalid. As one of those grumpy old men who remembers the old days, this is called tradition and adds to the richness of the Delaware experience. The Delaware experience does not include a jackass coach who acts like a jerk and throws his hat on the ground when things don't go his way. In fact Delaware has had 4 coaches since 1940 and the last 3 before Keeler are all in the College Football Hall of Fame. None of those 3 ever acted like a jerk the way Matthews does. Have you ever considered the immature and disrespectful behaviour of your coach as part of your image problem???

I have yet to meet a JMU fan who was not obnoxious. (While I still hate Nova the most I Can't say the same about them.) They tend to be young and stupid and wear purple and gold Dr. Seuss hats and for some reason think they are cool when they are not.

By the way how did you do in the UVA lottery???

MSU_77
September 8th, 2011, 09:57 PM
Quick question, how many touchdowns have Lafayette scored in Death Valley?

Um, that would be none. xrulesx

2009 3-31
2006 3-45
2002 0-48

xlolx xlolx

PantherRob82
September 8th, 2011, 09:58 PM
. That said, the only school from which a fan has ever tried to start a fight with me was Delaware at the national championship game. Most Hens fans, from what I have seen on this board aren't that guy (who was, at best, half my size and trying to incite the sea of black and gold around him by knocking a hat off an older gentleman in ASU from head to toe standing between him and myself). I understand alcohol and its effects as I was on a bourbon kick myself, but something about a fan base from the mid-atlantic region, bordering the northeast coming into Chattanooga, TN, screaming "go home hillbillies" just confused me more than anything. Y'all are flat-landers that were visiting the mountains of the south... xdontknowx it just left an impression on me.

Sounds like my experience with App in 05. Now I realize you guys are all cool. Just a lot of dbags when you have THAT many fans.

BlueHenSinfonian
September 8th, 2011, 10:06 PM

Towson is sort of the dopey little brother in the CAA family. They're hardly ever really a threat, and the only really negative thing you can say about them is that they occasionally embarrass you by association.

MR. CHICKEN
September 8th, 2011, 10:07 PM
16064......AH KNOW...'NOVA...IS OURAH RIVAL...BUT AH SECRETLEE.....DISPISED...HOFSTRA.....TIL.......DEY SAID UNCLE........NOW PURPLE & GOLD...MAKES MAH TUMMY ACHE...AWK!

BlueHenSinfonian
September 8th, 2011, 10:10 PM
16064......AH KNOW...'NOVA...IS OURAH RIVAL...BUT AH SECRETLEE.....DISPISED...HOFSTRA.....TIL.......DEY SAID UNCLE........NOW PURPLE & GOLD...MAKES MAH TUMMY ACHE...AWK!

Yes, Hofstra was a very unfriendly rivalry, in football and basketball (I'm assuming it still is in basketball).

Lehigh was pretty heated for a while, we just don't play them with any regularity anymore.

R3TRO
September 8th, 2011, 10:22 PM
Dayton.

blukeys
September 8th, 2011, 10:25 PM
Yes, Hofstra was a very unfriendly rivalry, in football and basketball (I'm assuming it still is in basketball).

Lehigh was pretty heated for a while, we just don't play them with any regularity anymore.

The Hofstra rivalry became unfriendly when a certain Hofstra coach was hired from the New York Jets and informed all of Hofstra's opponents that he was going to teach everyone how football was going to be played. That coach has passed away and to his credit he backed off of his attitude as time went on.

What is sad is the way that Hofstra was screwed in eliminating football. The way it happenned was disgusting. I was no fan of Hofstra but the Hofstra football team was treated horribly.

HailSzczur
September 8th, 2011, 10:26 PM
Towson is sort of the dopey little brother in the CAA family. They're hardly ever really a threat, and the only really negative thing you can say about them is that they occasionally embarrass you by association.

Even when they occasionally embarrass you, you usually end up forgetting about it the next year when you beat up on them again.

blukeys
September 8th, 2011, 10:27 PM
Dayton.

One would only feel this way due to some of their fans who post here.

JMad03
September 8th, 2011, 10:36 PM
Delaware does not seat visiting fans adjacent to the student section. Your assertion there is totally invalid. As one of those grumpy old men who remembers the old days, this is called tradition and adds to the richness of the Delaware experience. The Delaware experience does not include a jackass coach who acts like a jerk and throws his hat on the ground when things don't go his way. In fact Delaware has had 4 coaches since 1940 and the last 3 before Keeler are all in the College Football Hall of Fame. None of those 3 ever acted like a jerk the way Matthews does. Have you ever considered the immature and disrespectful behaviour of your coach as part of your image problem???

I have yet to meet a JMU fan who was not obnoxious. (While I still hate Nova the most I Can't say the same about them.) They tend to be young and stupid and wear purple and gold Dr. Seuss hats and for some reason think they are cool when they are not.

By the way how did you do in the UVA lottery???

Try reading my post again. I said nothing about Delaware putting opposing fans next to your students. I was referring to JMU, which we do, and I don't think is a good idea.
As for our coach's image- yes, he acts like a grizzled unhappy old man. But I've had the chance to meet him and he is quite a nice guy outside of football. I don't really want my football coach to be nice and polite- I want him to be a bit of a jerk. He's not a bad person.
As for never meeting a JMU fan that isn't obnoxious- see what you want to see. I know that JMU has great people that love their football. Yes there are some obnoxious fans, but what school doesn't have that? As a visiting fan, you see what you want to see. Clearly by your statements you have no intentions to change your mind and you're entitled to your opinion. Opinion is not fact.
For the record, I did quite fine in the "UVA lottery", but chose JMU because they had a better program for my major and I loved the campus and the people. I always enjoy going back to campus and spending time with old friends on gamedays.

UNIFanSince1983
September 8th, 2011, 10:39 PM
I don't like SIU but I at least respect them. I think that is what our rivalry with them is. SIU and us have been the class of the conference for the last few years so we dislike each other but we respect each other. The game usually determines the conference championship.

I have a hatred towards NDSU. However, this is mostly some of their fans and just the way some of their players have acted on the field. It would appear like our coaches and players do not like each other either.

HXC Niner
September 8th, 2011, 10:43 PM
I'm going to have to go with Davidson. Last years basketball loss left a bitter taste. Plus it's a cross town rivalry.

PantherRob82
September 8th, 2011, 10:51 PM
Dayton.

+San Diego, Jacksonville, etc

OL FU
September 9th, 2011, 05:52 AM
Flagstaff, AZ

Statesboro, GA

OH. Gotcha.

If I hated all the teams that beat us in the playoffs I would have a very long list:p

Bison Fan in NW MN
September 9th, 2011, 06:19 AM
I don't like SIU but I at least respect them. I think that is what our rivalry with them is. SIU and us have been the class of the conference for the last few years so we dislike each other but we respect each other. The game usually determines the conference championship.

I have a hatred towards NDSU. However, this is mostly some of their fans and just the way some of their players have acted on the field. It would appear like our coaches and players do not like each other either.

If this is how a fan gauges their so called "hatred" towards another team then everyone would hate everyone. And the comment on how our players have acted on the field.....give me a break...your "goons" that I have seen in the FFD the once you have played here is something to be desired. Whatever.

Cannot wait for the NDSU/UNI game this year.

Sycamore51
September 9th, 2011, 07:10 AM
For many Sycamore fans it's Butler, but that is mostly for basketball reasons. We do play them this weekend in football however for the first time since the mid 70's.

WileECoyote06
September 9th, 2011, 07:13 AM
Tupac says:
Well this is how we gonna' do this:
screw The Marching Aggie Machine,
screw the cheerleaders,
screw A & T as a staff, record label, and as a crew.
And if you want to be down with A & T,
Then screw you too.
http://www.txhshelmetproject.com/Colleges/N/NorthCarolinaAT.png

Gil Dobie
September 9th, 2011, 07:13 AM
If this is how a fan gauges their so called "hatred" towards another team then everyone would hate everyone. And the comment on how our players have acted on the field.....give me a break...your "goons" that I have seen in the FFD the once you have played here is something to be desired. Whatever.

If it's dislike for fans of another team, then it's a completely different list, but it probably belongs on the smack board, so I won't list them here.

GunsAndGuitars
September 9th, 2011, 07:21 AM
If we're merely talking guys on the field team, I've never liked Elon due the way they act on the field in Boone every other year. That is nullified, however by the fact that they put the Socon Champions banner up before they lost the game to ASU. Can somebody send me that picture? I'd like to make it my background on my phone.

UNIFanSince1983
September 9th, 2011, 07:28 AM

Well how do you gauge your hatred towards another team? I mean if you don't judge it by the players or the fans then you just have something wrong.

The team I hate the most is the Iowa Hawkeyes, and it is solely because of their fans. I mean if someone or something doesn't give you a distaste for a school then you wouldn't dislike them unless you just hate to hate.

And I don't mean to take this to the smack boards. I am sure the majority of the Bison fans are great, but I only have interaction with a few. It is similar to the App State fans I met in Chattanooga. They were very classless, however, once on this board I realized most of them were not like that at all. Now maybe it was a little early for me to put NDSU there as a team I hate, but I am sure there are some NDSU fans who do not like UNI either.

FCS_pwns_FBS
September 9th, 2011, 07:36 AM
App. State because of their success, and because their name recognition has accelerated after that Michigan win (if I could take that win away from them, I'd have a very hard time doing it, though)

Notre Dame because the bar for them getting an at-large to a BCS bowl is lower than for any other team, because I'm tired of their ugly games taking up space on NBC, because they repeatedly get placed in the preseason top-25 without deserving it, and they have tons of hardcore fans who never actually attended ND or even lived anywhere near South Bend.

The Big Ten (or whatever they are calling it now) because they are a conference with complete delusions of grandeur. They are SEC wannabes in sports and Ivy League wannabes in academics. Also the Big Ten commish and presidents are the main hurdles to common sense prevailing over the BCS. And they have the nerve to whine that the college baseball season is unfair to them.

USC (west) because the media love-fest for them from 2003-2009 despite the fact that they only had one real national championship which is tainted from the Reggie Bush situation. Also, Lane Kiffin is a jerk.

THE HERD
September 9th, 2011, 08:17 AM
Well how do you gauge your hatred towards another team? I mean if you don't judge it by the players or the fans then you just have something wrong.

The team I hate the most is the Iowa Hawkeyes, and it is solely because of their fans. I mean if someone or something doesn't give you a distaste for a school then you wouldn't dislike them unless you just hate to hate.

And I don't mean to take this to the smack boards. I am sure the majority of the Bison fans are great, but I only have interaction with a few. It is similar to the App State fans I met in Chattanooga. They were very classless, however, once on this board I realized most of them were not like that at all. Now maybe it was a little early for me to put NDSU there as a team I hate, but I am sure there are some NDSU fans who do not like UNI either.

We have a nice little rivalry going with the mutual dislike that each program has for one another, now if the Bison can just get a few W's it could turn down right ugly..........LOVE IT!! This years game should be a good one......you gonna make up to Fargo? The only problem I have with UNI fans is that on these message boards they seem to treat every Bison fan like they are JBB or Lakes......come up and tail gait and you will see what Bison fans are all about.

Hellgate60
September 9th, 2011, 08:25 AM
This has nothing to do with the title of the thread but did anyone read the link that The Eagle's Cliff provided? This comes towards the end of the article:

"Four years ago, Souers was the defensive coordinator for Montana when the Grizleys posted a 45-0 victory over Georgia Southern. But Souers didn't have any answers for the Eagles this time."

Hopefully Donald Heath has learned how to spell since 1999.

FormerPokeCenter
September 9th, 2011, 09:15 AM

This is so profoundly different than my trip to App that it stretches credibility...

After our game, I had three different car loads of App fans pull over during my walk back to the hotel and congratulate us on the game, ask us about McNeese and where we're located. I had some fans talk very light smack the night before the game, but it was very, very, very good natured.

App is probably my favorite FCS trip, ever. Great scenery in the area, fantastic fans and I really liked the fact that we won ;)

MSU_77
September 9th, 2011, 09:21 AM
This is so profoundly different than my trip to App that it stretches credibility...

After our game, I had three different car loads of App fans pull over during my walk back to the hotel and congratulate us on the game, ask us about McNeese and where we're located. I had some fans talk very light smack the night before the game, but it was very, very, very good natured.

App is probably my favorite FCS trip, ever. Great scenery in the area, fantastic fans and I really liked the fact that we won ;)

I couldn't agree more. Classiest fans I've ever met, even in defeat. After the game, I was hanging out by the MSU team buses, and App fans were streaming by, congratulating our players on a great game.

appfan2008
September 9th, 2011, 09:22 AM
Furman, GSU, and WCU are a three headed monster that I hate equally...

realgsu
September 9th, 2011, 09:25 AM
Georgia Southern and South Alabama Jagoffs. I've hated those fools since we both had Club teams 10 years ago.

achrist70
September 9th, 2011, 09:35 AM
I could easily put NDSU, but it is hard to hate a team you always beat.

I guess probably would say SIU in conference, although I respect them.

Out of conference the Southland teams get under my skin with their dirty antics. I would also put Delaware in there because of playoff loses.

Also
Grinnell Tigers
Lakers
Yankees
Broncos

SpeedkingATL
September 9th, 2011, 09:38 AM
Living in Atlanta I've got to go with the Georgia Bulldogs. A majority of their fans have never set foot in a college classroom much less one at UGA. I heard so many UGA fans discussing how Boise State was going to get slaughtered by the superior SEC speed and size and how UGA would be among the elite teams in the nation. Looks like that ship has sailed for another year. App gets to play them next year and I can only imagine the time I am in for at their stadium if we pull another VaTech......or Michigan performance.

Notre Dame is also on my hate list. I don't really hate any of our FCS or SoCon rivals, rather I consider them brothers fighting for a little piece of the pie against the BCS establishment.

RichH2
September 9th, 2011, 09:42 AM
A surprisingly interesting thread. Thought it would be mindless smack. I was wrong. Of course, Lafayette must head my list for the sake of tradition. BUT my real dislike is focused on Philly. Nova, cause they keep kicking the cr*p out of us and more UPENN for cutting our series off .

appfan2008
September 9th, 2011, 09:43 AM
Outside of FCS football my number one hated team is anything to do with UNC.
Born and raised as a Duke person that is all I know (my parents met as students at Duke...)
I chose to be an ASU student and fan...
I also hate the mets and phillies...
Cant stand the cowboys...

DJKyR0
September 9th, 2011, 09:46 AM
Couple answers are appropriate here. UND comes up first simply because I was steeped in the rivalry from a young age due to a family division down the NDSU-UND line. The constant mocking of the agricultural roots our university has is laughable, as they themselves are the primary beneficiaries of the state's $6 billion budget surplus, which has been dominantly bolstered over the decades by, you guess it, agricultural subsidies. Kinda makes the nickname situation all the more entertaining as their fanbase continues to divide and fight amongst themselves, and the hockey fans expose themselves for what they truly are - fans of a nickname, not of a university.

UNI is probably up next, particularly after the Pat Paschall incident of 2009. For those not in the know, our star running back was ridden into a concrete wall about 10 yards out of bounds, and defended himself against an overly-aggressive opposing player. Both players were flagged for the incident, but only Paschall received a suspension for the next game (South Dakota State) because the MVFC commissioner has a track record of being lenient on playoff contenders. She's at least consistent in her favoritism as NDSU was the lucky party in 2010 when one of our players threw a punch that was entirely deserving of a suspension, but didn't come because NDSU was a playoff contender. Anything to get those three teams in the playoffs.

Oral Roberts comes up next in basketball. Lots of smack history from their team during our conference championship run in '08-'09, from the infamous "fluke" line regarding the team's success in their first year of eligibility. They've knocked us out of the conference tournament the last two years so no lost love there.

Strangely enough, I know a lot of Bison fans feel enmity toward South Dakota State, but I don't. They stuck with us in transitioning to D-I when the UxD's laughed at us and the media rode us through the mud, and were a big part of the momentum we were able to build in transition. There've been some tough games (losing 3 in a row from 07-09) but I view it as more a rivalry built on respect than on ire. Then again, if they were more competitive (10 straight wins for Bison Basketball over SDSU) I'd probably feel differently.

Grizzaholic
September 9th, 2011, 09:48 AM
Sure is a lot of Hate going on in this thread.

bluehenbillk
September 9th, 2011, 10:09 AM
Easy question - I friggin hate Villanova & all 8 of their arrogant Main Line fans.

Rob Iola
September 9th, 2011, 10:47 AM
I hate GSU, cuz they seem to have a huge identity crisis - first they're Georgia Southern, now apparently they're Georgia State (isn't that a penitentiary?). And they can't even decide on a conference - first they're in the SOCON, now apparently they're in the CAA. Jebus, just make up your minds already!

Go...gate
September 9th, 2011, 10:51 AM
Probably Harvard for Holy Cross fans. We don't have a true rival in the PL...pretty unfortunate.

Say what? You've played Colgate 74 times. CU-HC is a fine old rivalry between two schools of similar size, academic standing and aspirations. We played each other when both schools were much "bigger time" in scope.

crusader11
September 9th, 2011, 11:00 AM
But a "true" rival? If this were the case, our date with the 'Gate would not come in week #2. I'd give anything to have this game come in the last week of the regular season every year...doubt the PL would do that though as they don't want any attention to be taken away from the L vs. L game.

Go...gate
September 9th, 2011, 11:22 AM
Let's face it, Holy Cross and Colgate have both lost their most storied archrivals - you guys with BC and Colgate with Syracuse. We also "hate" Cornell and you "hate" Harvard, but somehow it is different because they are both larger, wealthier, etc. Who knows...

I don't like the word "hate" in general, so this may not be the best thread for me. The one school that I'm not thrilled with is Pennsylvania, because they stopped playing Colgate when Colgate's program was revived under Dick Biddle. We held our own with them under Fred Dunlap, got hammered by them under Mike Foley and Ed Sweeney, but as soon as Biddle got there, there was one game in Biddle's first year, '96 (they killed us then, too) and then they opted out to play seemingly everybody except us. We can't even get a road game at their place. And yet Penn touts itself as one of the most perenially powerful FCS programs.

whitey
September 9th, 2011, 11:27 AM
It appears we are the front runner for the "Player Hater of the Year" award. HATE! HATE! HATE! HATE!

Now, if you'll excuse me. I'm gonna go put water in Buck Nasty's Mama's dish.

NHwildEcat
September 9th, 2011, 11:32 AM
The school I hate most is Boston College.

As for strongest rivalry and the games I look most forward to...Maine. But I have a level of respect for Maine. BC I simply hate.

NHwildEcat
September 9th, 2011, 11:40 AM

Nobody hates a cupcake.

NHwildEcat
September 9th, 2011, 11:41 AM
It appears we are the front runner for the "Player Hater of the Year" award. HATE! HATE! HATE! HATE!

Now, if you'll excuse me. I'm gonna go put water in Buck Nasty's Mama's dish.

I like JMU. Or at least I don't hate on ya!

GaSouthern
September 9th, 2011, 11:43 AM
As far as hate, i'd hafta go with Ga State and the 49ers, both schools have done nothing but their fan bases act like they are the next Boise State. I don't know why ODU and Coastal fans never acted that way but they were both prime examples of how to start a football team w/o pissing off everyone else.

I don't hate App or Furman honestly, without their rivalry our football season would not be near as exciting.

Grizalltheway
September 9th, 2011, 11:46 AM
Definitely JMU for me.

First reaction would be to say Delaware, but I have nothing against them. Its a rivalry, but a friendly and healthy one I think, and since I've been watching Nova football has gone very often in our favor.

What makes it tough is being a football only member of the CAA our rivalries don't go through any of the other sports. I mean in Bball we hate Cuse, UCONN, Pitt, Georgetown, Louisville, Marquette, and anyone else who manages to field a half decent team that year

Screw you and your avatar, too. xmadxxmadx

I keed, I keed

GannonFan
September 9th, 2011, 11:55 AM
Easy question - I friggin hate Villanova & all 8 of their arrogant Main Line fans.

+1

49RFootballNow
September 9th, 2011, 12:36 PM
As far as hate, i'd hafta go with Ga State and the 49ers, both schools have done nothing but their fan bases act like they are the next Boise State. I don't know why ODU and Coastal fans never acted that way but they were both prime examples of how to start a football team w/o pissing off everyone else.

Well we don't care if we piss everyone else off, that's just icing on the cake. We didn't start football to make new friends. :D

ngineer
September 9th, 2011, 12:48 PM
You're kidding, right? (;-)

chattownmocs
September 9th, 2011, 01:08 PM
Jacksonville State of Course.

ALPHAGRIZ1
September 9th, 2011, 01:10 PM
What team do you like Chat Town?

citdog
September 9th, 2011, 01:16 PM
EVERYONE should start hating furman early and repeat often if necessary.

bleedblue
September 9th, 2011, 02:49 PM
I hate West Chester. Nough said.

Screamin_Eagle174
September 9th, 2011, 03:12 PM
I hate NDSU and their fans... no respect for either. I love the rivalry with UM, and I respect their program and a good portion of their fans. However a small portion are much like the majority of NDSU fans...

ccd494
September 9th, 2011, 03:17 PM
The school I hate most is Boston College.

As for strongest rivalry and the games I look most forward to...Maine. But I have a level of respect for Maine. BC I simply hate.

I feel the same.

I hate BC's fans, I hate BC's 5'8" hockey players, I hate BC's basketball schedule effing up the Hockey East schedule. I do respect Jerry York, however.

UNH is adorable in a we lost this game kind of way:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=11BhSoI3PCc

OL FU
September 9th, 2011, 03:43 PM
EVERYONE should start hating furman early and repeat often if necessary.

FU

Grizzaholic
September 9th, 2011, 03:44 PM
I hate NDSU and their fans... no respect for either. I love the rivalry with UM, and I respect their program and a good portion of their fans. However a small portion are much like the majority of NDSU fans...

Screw you, buddy.

veinup
September 9th, 2011, 03:45 PM
right now, the spiders.

I-16Bandit
September 9th, 2011, 03:45 PM
FU

I see what you did there.

Bison Fan in NW MN
September 9th, 2011, 03:55 PM

You must be the same clown that trolls over on Bisonville. Ya, you are a class act buddy.

I hope the Bison get to play EWU soon.

Twentysix
September 9th, 2011, 04:40 PM

Uni is the only team where players have screamed obscenities at the fans behind their bench. And certainly the only team when coaches have let them.

citdog
September 9th, 2011, 04:43 PM
Uni is the only team where players have screamed obscenities at the fans behind their bench. And certainly the only team when coaches have let them.

see Elon

Grizzaholic
September 9th, 2011, 04:43 PM
You must be the same clown that trolls over on Bisonville. Ya, you are a class act buddy.

I do as well.

mgbison
September 9th, 2011, 04:44 PM
Its funny a EWU poster is talking about another school being classless.

Our lake cabin is a couple cabins down from an NDSU coach. We were talking about college football one evening and the coach's wife brought up the EWU experience. She has been going to games for years and she said the EWU fans in Cheney were the rudest, trashiest fans she's ever encountered. EWU players and fans were cussing and flipping off a group of coaches wives after the game. She said it was the most unbelievable thing.

darell1976

Because NDSU is much better.xrolleyesx

Bison Fan in NW MN

This is true. I sit 3 rows right behind the opposing bench.

I gave Ruffin (spelling....DE) a high five 2 yrs ago...he was a good guy but many other players were swearing at the fans behind the bench. Farley let it go.

PantherRob82
September 9th, 2011, 05:24 PM

Having been on that sideline, LOL.

EdubAlum
September 9th, 2011, 05:38 PM
I actually have learned to *respect* ( i won't use the word like) montana and their fans. I love kicking their *** when we get the opportunity. But i'm very much glad the Griz are part of the conference. I feel the same way about MSU. Both fan bases are very educated FCS fans, and the griz even had a few people driving from missoula to support the eags during our playoff run.

in reference to EWU treating the NDSU fans badly, there was some pretty bad blood back and forth before that game last year. i'm sure that attributed to whatever may have happened after the game.

App State......GREAT fans, probably one the most fun football games i've ever been too, their fans wouldn't let us walk into the stadium without having some booze and grub with them.

eiu1999
September 9th, 2011, 05:47 PM
Hmmmm, no team that we "hate". Back in the old Gateway Conference EIU/Northern Iowa was big for EIU.

In the OVC, EKU and JSU on a rival level.

No_Skill
September 9th, 2011, 06:08 PM

We can't all be saints like the whioux fans...

http://www.gopherpucklive.com/image/game/04072011_UND_UM.jpg

PantherRob82
September 9th, 2011, 06:23 PM
Hmmmm, no team that we "hate". Back in the old Gateway Conference EIU/Northern Iowa was big for EIU.

In the OVC, EKU and JSU on a rival level.

We did not care for EIU back then. :)

darell1976
September 9th, 2011, 06:30 PM
We can't all be saints like the whioux fans...

http://www.gopherpucklive.com/image/game/04072011_UND_UM.jpg

That guy is a Bison football fan in disguise.xlolx

TheBisonator
September 9th, 2011, 06:53 PM
That guy is a Bison football fan in disguise.xlolx

That's the best you have?? Cmon, you can do better than that...

Oh wait, you went to UND, you can't.xcoffeex

TheBisonator
September 9th, 2011, 06:55 PM
About the school one hates the most: I guess when NDSU's volleyball team was losing to UND a couple night ago in Grand Forks, the UND fans started up with their typical anti-agricultural chants as usual. I hope for the day when the world undergoes a famine, so the UND fans/alumni can have their rations taken away from them as punishment for all their lame anti-farmer cracks...

Gil Dobie
September 9th, 2011, 07:51 PM
About the school one hates the most: I guess when NDSU's volleyball team was losing to UND a couple night ago in Grand Forks, the UND fans started up with their typical anti-agricultural chants as usual. I hope for the day when the world undergoes a famine, so the UND fans/alumni can have their rations taken away from them as punishment for all their lame anti-farmer cracks...

I kind of lost interest in the Bison playing UND during the 1980's, never really regained it's importance. Sure UND came back and won a bunch of games in the 1990's, but they did not immediately follow NDSU to FCS and that really killed the rivalry. I'd rather watch NDSU play teams from around the country, that I haven't seen before.

mgbison
September 9th, 2011, 07:55 PM
Regards to UNI,

1. Coach Bohl and Farley (sp?) don't like each other. It always helps when the opposing head coaches don't like each other.

2. Old timers have said that when NDSU and UNI were in the NCC that there was no love lost between the two teams.

3. Both teams have been successful over the last 30 years, so each fan base expects to win every game.

4. Finally, the best way for a rivalry to get going is when the team that isn't supposed to win, wins. In the NDSU - UNI case, UNI is 3-0. xlolx

ViennaSpider
September 9th, 2011, 08:21 PM
As a W&M student I hate either Virginia the most, as a Charlotte grad I hate App the most in FCS and ECU & UNC-CHeat the most in FBS.

What happened to the Spider vs. Tribe rivalry? No team I'd rather beat than W&M, but then I'm old school.

Milktruck74
September 9th, 2011, 08:46 PM
Marshall. We haven't played them in years, but I still hate everything about the Rumbling Turds. I haven't even watched thAt movie about them with Mathew Imkindagay, because I'm afraid I'll feel something other then I'll will towards them.

GunsAndGuitars
September 9th, 2011, 08:47 PM
Well we don't care if we piss everyone else off, that's just icing on the cake. We didn't start football to make new friends. :D

...you haven't started football AT ALL yet xrulesx.

91Niner
September 9th, 2011, 09:24 PM

Uhhhhh........5 coaches on staff for 6 months, a stadium under construction and players being recruited means we have atleast STARTED football.

GunsAndGuitars
September 9th, 2011, 09:39 PM
Uhhhhh........5 coaches on staff for 6 months, a stadium under construction and players being recruited means we have atleast STARTED football.

Ahh, since I filled my gas tank up today, I have started going to Boone for the game tomorrow while sitting at my desk 2 hours away.

chattownmocs
September 9th, 2011, 09:52 PM
Alabama

49RFootballNow
September 10th, 2011, 12:27 AM

Ahh, since I filled my gas tank up today, I have started going to Boone for the game tomorrow while sitting at my desk 2 hours away.

Opinions are like appholes.

Screamin_Eagle174
September 10th, 2011, 03:59 AM
Screw you, buddy.

That's no way for a mod to talk to a member. I'm telling Ursus.

Screamin_Eagle174
September 10th, 2011, 04:02 AM

Yeah, I'm that guy. You wanna know why I'm that guy? My first and continuing experience of NDSU fans is that of lakesbison and JBB. So there's that. Doesn't help that when I first visited BV, that a good portion of the posters there acted in the same manner. You get treated how you treat others. Sucks, don't it?

Screamin_Eagle174
September 10th, 2011, 04:06 AM
Its funny a EWU poster is talking about another school being classless.

Our lake cabin is a couple cabins down from an NDSU coach. We were talking about college football one evening and the coach's wife brought up the EWU experience. She has been going to games for years and she said the EWU fans in Cheney were the rudest, trashiest fans she's ever encountered. EWU players and fans were cussing and flipping off a group of coaches wives after the game. She said it was the most unbelievable thing.

Yeah, I highly doubt that. Our players were too busy celebrating on the field with the fans. Not to mention that Coach Baldwin is one of the classiest and respectful coaches I've ever seen or met, and his players take after him. If a player or players were behaving like that, they would be suspended or off the team. But considering the tall-tales NDSU fans have spun regarding the refs and their agendas etc, I'm not surprised to hear of "coaches wives" telling one like that.

Bison Fan in NW MN
September 10th, 2011, 04:54 AM
Yeah, I'm that guy. You wanna know why I'm that guy? My first and continuing experience of NDSU fans is that of lakesbison and JBB. So there's that. Doesn't help that when I first visited BV, that a good portion of the posters there acted in the same manner. You get treated how you treat others. Sucks, don't it?

Are you kidding me? Go back and read some of the crap you post on there. JBB doesn't post there and lakes is banned on BV.

When you go on another teams fan site and become rude and confrontational what do you expect.....

I'm sure 99.9% of EWU fans are pretty classy but you are not....period!

Gil Dobie
September 10th, 2011, 05:41 AM

Funny, you make fun of lakes and JBB for doing the exact same thing you do. :(

Screamin_Eagle174
September 10th, 2011, 06:53 AM
Funny, you make fun of lakes and JBB for doing the exact same thing you do. :(

Yeah, but the thing is they're not acting. They genuinely are that retarded. :) xlolx

Houndawg
September 10th, 2011, 07:36 AM
Yeah, but the thing is they're not acting. They genuinely are that retarded. :) xlolx

Good point.xlolx

Uncle Buck
September 10th, 2011, 07:45 AM
That's easy for me...Hofstra!

No_Skill
September 10th, 2011, 08:48 AM

I submit your first post ever on Bisonville:

http://www.bisonville.com/forum/showpost.php?p=446585&postcount=46

You use that as your first post and didn't expect retaliation?

wmmii
September 10th, 2011, 09:01 AM
ODU in football-both their players and fans need to grow up!

The Eagle's Cliff
September 10th, 2011, 09:28 AM

http://www.myuploadedimages.com/images/84490040261403636900.png

That's actually pretty good smack, though it can't be too hard to kill one of those. The challenge would be cleaning and hauling it away!xeekx

citdog
September 10th, 2011, 09:43 AM
Are you kidding me? Go back and read some of the crap you post on there. JBB doesn't post there and lakes is banned on BV.

When you go on another teams fan site and become rude and confrontational what do you expect.....

I'm sure 99.9% of EWU fans are pretty classy but you are not....period!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MZDJW0tHK9k&feature=related

Grizzaholic
September 10th, 2011, 09:52 AM

http://www.bisonville.com/forum/showpost.php?p=446585&postcount=46

xeyebrowx

No_Skill
September 10th, 2011, 10:12 AM
That's actually pretty good smack, though it can't be too hard to kill one of those. The challenge would be cleaning and hauling it away!xeekx

I've got nothing against some good smack, but the point is he posts that in a non-smack thread and then crys about how he was treated? He's a hypocrite and I'm just calling him on it.

We are not all lakes and JBB.

91Niner
September 10th, 2011, 11:46 AM

As far in the hills as Boone is, you probably should have started going on Friday.

DJKyR0
September 10th, 2011, 11:58 AM

Be sure you relay that to the UND student who was yelling into our volleyball team's huddle that he'd "like to bend [her] over and f*** her in the ***" on Tuesday. UND is clearly the authority on class.

frozennorth
September 10th, 2011, 01:54 PM
Be sure you relay that to the UND student who was yelling into our volleyball team's huddle that he'd "like to bend [her] over and f*** her in the ***" on Tuesday. UND is clearly the authority on class.

If you're hillbilly and/or trailer trash living in minn or nd, and you want to go to school, you go to UND. Ndsu might be the same, but I don't go there, and based on the people I know who have transfered, everyonee seems to have higher regard for the student body at ndsu.

TheBisonator
September 10th, 2011, 02:05 PM
If you're hillbilly and/or trailer trash living in minn or nd, and you want to go to school, you go to UND. Ndsu might be the same, but I don't go there, and based on the people I know who have transfered, everyonee seems to have higher regard for the student body at ndsu.

I spent many years at NDSU, also met a lot of UND students in my years in the RRV. Seems to me that the NDSU students were more focused on trying to get a good career, and the UND students were more inclined to be "Animal Housing" it up.

NDSU has its fair share of morons, sure, but the higher percentage of international students and our larger number of graduate/doctoral programs than UND helps civilize the place a little more.

1andDone
September 10th, 2011, 02:09 PM
Georgia State

gsu6trophies
September 10th, 2011, 04:15 PM
Beyond the rivals who I have a good hate for, I hate all of the big programs that have screwed college football up. Miami, OSU, etc. After this Miami thing and how lightly they we're treated for their crimes versus the crap they do to smaller athletic programs for much minor infractions, I hate the NCAA. It's time for major reformation in CFB. But there is way too much money in it for that.

jacksfan29
September 10th, 2011, 05:30 PM

This seriously happened? Note to UND fans, leave your hockey mentality at home when going to a Women's VB match. Wow, that's embarrassing.

darell1976
September 10th, 2011, 05:35 PM
This seriously happened? Note to UND fans, leave your hockey mentality at home when going to a Women's VB match. Wow, that's embarrassing.

Because i am sure Bison fans say nothing to our team whether its male or female. Whatever

jacksfan29
September 10th, 2011, 05:48 PM
Because i am sure Bison fans say nothing to our team whether its male or female. Whatever

I'm definitely not a Bison fan, they have some of the most obnoxious fans out there but if what he writes is true do you condone what was said by a UND fan at a VB match?

darell1976
September 10th, 2011, 06:34 PM
I'm definitely not a Bison fan, they have some of the most obnoxious fans out there but if what he writes is true do you condone what was said by a UND fan at a VB match?

No I don't condone it but if it was true then that fan should have been removed, and since that fan wasn't then I guess it wasn't much of a big deal to the Bison players.

Srdnaty
September 10th, 2011, 11:55 PM
UNH fans are split on this. UMaine or UMass, but with Mass moving to the MAC we'll really only play them regularly in hockey.

We do hate BU and BC from hockey.

UMaine is now alone atop the most hated list for UNH. I'm sure the feeling is mutualxnodx

Yes, the feeling is mutual.

DJKyR0
September 11th, 2011, 12:05 AM
No I don't condone it but if it was true then that fan should have been removed, and since that fan wasn't then I guess it wasn't much of a big deal to the Bison players.

You let me know the next time you hear a Bison fan say anything on that level of inappropriateness and I'll be the first one to walk over and knock his teeth out. Folks like that are an embarrassment to the state, to your program, and to college athletics in general.

The situation in question happened when I was a few rows higher and more toward the center of the side, and I'm fairly certain the specific number he called out corresponded with a player who is my roommate and good friend. Needless to say my first instinct was to walk over and escort the gentleman out by his testicles, but I'm guessing that wouldn't go over well in a hostile dome with about a thousand probably-intoxicated UND students breathing down my neck. My faith in security to trust the word of a Bison fan against that of any students that would've risen to his defense was, evidently, low, as well.

darell1976
September 11th, 2011, 08:06 AM
You let me know the next time you hear a Bison fan say anything on that level of inappropriateness and I'll be the first one to walk over and knock his teeth out. Folks like that are an embarrassment to the state, to your program, and to college athletics in general.

The situation in question happened when I was a few rows higher and more toward the center of the side, and I'm fairly certain the specific number he called out corresponded with a player who is my roommate and good friend. Needless to say my first instinct was to walk over and escort the gentleman out by his testicles, but I'm guessing that wouldn't go over well in a hostile dome with about a thousand probably-intoxicated UND students breathing down my neck. My faith in security to trust the word of a Bison fan against that of any students that would've risen to his defense was, evidently, low, as well.

First of all..You should have clocked that jackhole for saying those things. If I was sitting by him with my kids I wouldn't want them to hear those things. I am sure he was a drunkin fool but alcohol is no excuse. I don't drink so if UND banned alcohol at games like NDSU I would be fine with that. You can enjoy sports without beer and drinking beer just gives some people an excuse to be stupid. I was at a Sioux-Bison football game at Memorial Stadium in 1993 the year UND broke the 12 year losing streak, and we were sitting on the Bison side since the Sioux side was full, and there was a Bison fan yelling obscene things and a lot of people got upset with him (he probably was drunk from tailgating since alcohol was not allowed at Memorial Stadium), and he did get escorted out of the stadium, so I have heard things even from Sioux fans, but what that guy said to the Bison player should have caused him to be gone from the Betty and he should have to apoligize for being an @ss.

Bison Fan in NW MN
September 11th, 2011, 09:41 AM

Where are you now, buddy???

Overrated!

Great job by the Coyotes!

Grizzaholic
September 11th, 2011, 09:47 AM
Where are you now, buddy???

Overrated!

Great job by the Coyotes!

This right here is why folks hack on NDSU a lot. He posted earlier that it was a good game. Me and him corresponded last night and there were 0 excuses. SD came out amped and EWU was not all that excited about the game. He posted a congrats to SD on CS and I think he also did here.

Bison Fan in NW MN
September 11th, 2011, 09:51 AM
This right here is why folks hack on NDSU a lot. He posted earlier that it was a good game. Me and him corresponded last night and there were 0 excuses. SD came out amped and EWU was not all that excited about the game. He posted a congrats to SD on CS and I think he also did here.

Fine. You can go to our fansite and read the crap he posts. No apologies from me.

Grizzaholic
September 11th, 2011, 10:03 AM
Fine. You can go to our fansite and read the crap he posts. No apologies from me.

I guess I don't understand your post. You WANT others to dislike the Bison? I don't. I dislike a few of your posters, every fan base has them. Why not be the bigger man if you dislike him and not further the hate NDSU gets?

But, to each his own.

Bison Fan in NW MN
September 11th, 2011, 10:09 AM
I guess I don't understand your post. You WANT others to dislike the Bison? I don't. I dislike a few of your posters, every fan base has them. Why not be the bigger man if you dislike him and not further the hate NDSU gets?

But, to each his own.

Not sure where in my post you come to this conclusion??

He has posted crap on Bisonville on and off for a few months. My post was directed to him not all EWU fans or even Big Sky fans. If others want to "hate" on NDSU cus I give one particular Eagle fan some "sh**" then whatever.

Grizzaholic
September 11th, 2011, 10:11 AM
Not sure where in my post you come to this conclusion??

He has posted crap on Bisonville on and off for a few months. My post was directed to him not all EWU fans or even Big Sky fans. If others want to "hate" on NDSU cus I give one particular Eagle fan some "sh**" then whatever.

I don't hate on NDSU. JBB/I live by a lake? Yes.

You just don't get it. Congrats on the win Bison, hope you do well against your FBS opponent.

StonewallSpider
September 11th, 2011, 02:59 PM
W&M should be our rivals, oldest in the "old south". But it's JMU in football, and VCU in hoops. Beating JMU 2 years in a row (I actually bought tickets for my JMU friends to see the game at Robins Stadium) and being up by as many as 30 pts. vs VCU was great these past seasons.

Twentysix
September 11th, 2011, 04:04 PM

But, to each his own.

I like you, but only because I am impressed with the giant cup in your picture. A perfect FCS would be when the montana's dakotas and UNI make up the top 7 :D

Ivytalk
September 11th, 2011, 06:14 PM
Penn. And that should surprise no one here.

JRCA
September 11th, 2011, 06:15 PM
Easy question, App State, just go read their message boards. Today they are all hacked off because they have the SoCon name on their field, so arrogant, so silly.

Appfan_in_CAAland
September 11th, 2011, 08:29 PM
Easy question, App State, just go read their message boards. Today they are all hacked off because they have the SoCon name on their field, so arrogant, so silly.

Darn straight - that SoCon logo has no place on the mighty Mountaineers' turf.

inpsite1919
September 11th, 2011, 08:55 PM
NC A&T

Apphole
September 11th, 2011, 09:06 PM
Easy question, App State, we can never beat them....ever. Not even when we have such great swag, the most arrogant QB/WR combo ever, print our chanpionship posters the week before the game AND our coaching stategy involved premeditated knee hitting. It's very frustrating

Fixed it for ya

JRCA
September 11th, 2011, 09:22 PM
Fixed it for ya

Haha, very good. What Sunbelt team are you guys going to love to hate once you are no longer in the SoCon, Ark. State?

Apphole
September 11th, 2011, 10:08 PM
Haha, very good. What Sunbelt team are you guys going to love to hate once you are no longer in the SoCon, Ark. State?

Probably an OOC, instate FBS rival.

GaSouthern
September 11th, 2011, 10:33 PM

That'd hypothetically be MTSU/WKU/Troy if they have a history anything like GSU does with those schools.

citdog
September 11th, 2011, 11:02 PM
Probably an OOC, instate FBS rival.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ReYfu5E-hOE

ASUMountaineer
September 13th, 2011, 02:07 PM
Georgia Southern...without question.

Mountaineer#96
September 13th, 2011, 02:31 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ReYfu5E-hOE

This had me cracking up almost as much as the other day when driving in western KY, I was heading north on Jefferson Davis Highway (US 68) and dead ended right into Dr. Martin Luther King Way (68 Bypass) ohhh the irony.....I took a picture of my navigation screen because the moment was priceless.

BTW the Jefferson Davis monument was worth the visit if you haven't had a chance.

bluehenbillk
September 13th, 2011, 02:33 PM
I already answered, but to re-iterate, and kick a dog when they're down - I can't stand Villanova, haha.

Spiderbone
September 13th, 2011, 02:49 PM
William and Mary has been Richmonds traditional rivals, are now at the 120th meeting or something like that. Hate them with a passion, but don't tell my wife because she went there. If we go 1-10 and the only win was against the Griffins of Bill and Mary, I would be happy. :D

Silenoz
September 13th, 2011, 03:01 PM
NDSU and JMU because of certain douchebag fans. I also get annoyed by a certain portion of the whats-their-name's fanbase who are completely obsessed with the Griz. Rooting against us is more important than following their own team xrolleyesx

eiu1999
September 14th, 2011, 12:46 PM
A certain B10 Team to the North that things they're all that and then some.

ODUsmitty
September 14th, 2011, 01:33 PM
Virginia Commonwealth University.

And I cannot wait to hate them even more if they ever decide to get off of their greasy, unwashed, foul-smelling, Birkenstock-wearing, liberal candy asses and start a football team.

http://i864.photobucket.com/albums/ab207/odusmitty/VCUsux.jpg

Smitty
September 14th, 2011, 02:24 PM
Can you hate conferences instead? Like the SEC and its fan base?

In FBS almost all of the higher ranked teams. I like cheering on the lower teams because the BCS system is broken.

ysubigred
September 14th, 2011, 02:49 PM
xeekx DAMN!!! No one said YSU xconfusedx All the years of arrogance has been forgiven by years of insignificants xbawlingx :o

I hate xshakefistx

FCS/Conference UNI xbowx

BCS Notre Dame xangelx

TheRevSFA
September 14th, 2011, 03:01 PM
xeekx DAMN!!! No one said YSU xconfusedx All the years of arrogance has been forgiven by years of insignificants xbawlingx :o

I hate xshakefistx

FCS/Conference UNI xbowx

BCS Notre Dame xangelx

Who? :D

unigriff
September 14th, 2011, 03:15 PM
I think its easy to put it into perspective...Everyone hates - Montana as they have been the class of the west for years, UNI in the middle America for quite a while now and App St., GA Southern, UNH in the East :) Just hate the haters!

I hate Iowa and all that encompasses them.
App St. Tailgaters...still have a scar from the beer bottles thrown at me.
SFA ROTC classlessness on 9/10/2011

ysubigred
September 14th, 2011, 03:17 PM
Who? :D

xmadx Ugh SFA!!! You all screwed up our perfect season 14-0-1 xshakefistx

LOL Great years and fun games against y-all xbowx