PDA

View Full Version : Hello from Presbyterian College

PCbluehose
April 9th, 2006, 03:36 PM
As the newest member of DI-(AA), we are looking foward to playing DI in the 2007 season. Check out our new message board at: http://s9.invisionfree.com/PC_Blue_Hose/. There are not many post yet, but am hoping to get it hopping by football season.

GO BLUE HOSE!

89rabbit
April 9th, 2006, 04:05 PM
As the newest member of DI-(AA), we are looking foward to playing DI in the 2007 season. Check out our new message board at: http://s9.invisionfree.com/PC_Blue_Hose/. There are not many post yet, but am hoping to get it hopping by football season.

GO BLUE HOSE!

Welcome to I-AA! :hurray:

nlwwln
April 9th, 2006, 05:06 PM
As the newest member of DI-(AA)

I think campbell just beat ya to it but whos really keepin a recordxlolx none the less welcome to the 1aa nation!

Tod
April 9th, 2006, 05:26 PM
Welcome!! :) :) :)

Umass74
April 9th, 2006, 06:45 PM
Welcome to the club PC! With 1,200 students you'll give Wofford a run for the smallest school in I-AA...

PCbluehose
April 9th, 2006, 06:49 PM
I think we are hoping to be in the ballpark of 1400-1500 by 2010, but still will be one of the smallest.

PCbluehose
April 9th, 2006, 07:00 PM
Do you guys think it was smart for us to join the Big South or ventured into the SoCon? Looking at our history, most of the teams that have left the SAC have ended up in the SoCon. But we seem more competitive with the Big South(beating Charleston Southern 42-0 last year).

Go...gate
April 9th, 2006, 07:00 PM
Welcome! :)

ButlerGSU
April 9th, 2006, 07:08 PM
Do you guys think it was smart for us to join the Big South or ventured into the SoCon? Looking at our history, most of the teams that have left the SAC have ended up in the SoCon. But we seem more competitive with the Big South(beating Charleston Southern 42-0 last year).

Our AD has promised us that PC would not be invited to join the SoCon so Big South was a good idea.

TexasTerror
April 9th, 2006, 07:10 PM
Thanks for coming on our board! Glad to see someone from PC aboard and hopefully more Blue Hose fans will come this way as you guys make the move up to I-AA! :)

Coastal89
April 9th, 2006, 07:32 PM
I think we are hoping to be in the ballpark of 1400-1500 by 2010, but still will be one of the smallest.
You better get those SAT scores up then if you want to keep those bragging rights.

For those who don't know Wofford & PC will be the only D-I schools with higher average SATs than the enrollment at their schools.

blukeys
April 9th, 2006, 07:57 PM
Welcome all you hosers!!!

Purple Knight
April 9th, 2006, 08:43 PM
Our AD has promised us that PC would not be invited to join the SoCon so Big South was a good idea.

Just a good ole GSU corn-cob welcome to I-AA, I guess.

Sly Fox
April 9th, 2006, 08:49 PM
It seems like this move has taken forever. I'm glad the wheels are finally in motion.

catamount man
April 9th, 2006, 08:55 PM
Does this mean the end to the Newberry-PC "battle for the bronze derby"? Somehow, someway this game should continue. Welcome to I-AA PC! Alma mater of Western Carolina's greatest football coach, Bob Waters.

GO CATAMOUNTS!!!

PCbluehose
April 9th, 2006, 09:19 PM
Does this mean the end to the Newberry-PC "battle for the bronze derby"? Somehow, someway this game should continue. Welcome to I-AA PC! Alma mater of Western Carolina's greatest football coach, Bob Waters.

GO CATAMOUNTS!!!

As most D1-AA teams play a D2 team as a warm-up game, i am sure the Newberry/PC game will be a yearly game for us after this year. I can not see them taking this off the schedule.

Bear Fan 101
April 9th, 2006, 10:45 PM
Welcome Blue Hosers! Glad to see you join the UCA Bears int he move up to 1-AA! You guys were class acts all the way around this year in the D2 playoffs, and if that is a good indication on how the rest of your programs work, you guys will be fine!

Mr. C
April 10th, 2006, 01:12 AM

GO CATAMOUNTS!!!
PC is also the alma mater of one of the best Sports Information Directors in I-AA, Furman's own Hunter Reid.

rokamortis
April 10th, 2006, 05:07 AM
PC is also the alma mater of one of the best Sports Information Directors in I-AA, Furman's own Hunter Reid.

Also the alma mater of CCU's football coach David Bennett.

walliver
April 10th, 2006, 06:21 AM
Do you guys think it was smart for us to join the Big South or ventured into the SoCon? Looking at our history, most of the teams that have left the SAC have ended up in the SoCon.

The only team I can think of that fits that description is Elon.

As far as the SoCon, my understanding was the big state schools didn't want another small private, and Clinton is just too close to Wofford and Furman (? 4 teams in one TV market).

OL FU
April 10th, 2006, 07:04 AM
Welcome aboard PC:hurray: :hurray:

MYTAPPY
April 10th, 2006, 10:16 AM
Aloha Presby!! :hurray:

dbackjon
April 10th, 2006, 10:53 AM
Welcome PC!

MarkCCU
April 10th, 2006, 12:40 PM
Welcome to the Big South!

bosshogg
April 10th, 2006, 02:29 PM
Look forward to playing against you guys....hat ride from orangeburg to clinton would be on "L" of a road trip!

Purple Knight
April 10th, 2006, 11:02 PM
I believe that PC is also the origin of 'The Jacobs Blocking Trophy'.

PCbluehose
April 10th, 2006, 11:09 PM
We are the orginals are in the trophy case.

blukeys
April 10th, 2006, 11:17 PM
Just out of curiosity, With PC how many I-AA teams will there be in South Carolina???

Looks as if VA. might get some competition.

April 11th, 2006, 12:34 AM
The Scroll on ESPN said we won 42-7.The reality is Furman won, 52-7.

Kill'em
April 11th, 2006, 02:12 AM
The SoCon would have been too big a step. The Big South would be a better fit, for now.

Welcome to Division I.

walliver
April 11th, 2006, 06:28 AM
Just out of curiosity, With PC how many I-AA teams will there be in South Carolina???

South Carolina will have:
2 i-a's : South Carolina and Clemson
7 I-AA'a : Wofford, Furman, Citadel, Coastal, Charleston Southern, SC State and PC (in 2007)
and 3 I-AAA's : Winthrop, Charleston, USC-Upstate (in 2007)

Newberry and North Greenville will still be in D-II football, the status of Allen football and Benedict football (2 HBCU's in Columbia) isn't clear to me, I think one of them dropped football. And there are a lot of non-football playing D-II schools.

Basically, in South Carolina, if you play football, you play at as high a level as possible. Now if we can just get Clemson and Carolina to move up:smiley_wi

BEAR
April 11th, 2006, 08:10 AM
Welcome PC! If you guys need an easy D2 win from the Arkansas teams, try Arkansas Tech:asswhip: .....OK OK:deadhorse

Well. Anyway, try to schedule another game versus UCA in the near future. I am sure you will want some revenge! :hurray: Oh yeah, bring the giant Scotsman to Conway..

Coastal89
April 11th, 2006, 09:12 AM
South Carolina will have:
2 i-a's : South Carolina and Clemson
7 I-AA'a : Wofford, Furman, Citadel, Coastal, Charleston Southern, SC State and PC (in 2007)
and 3 I-AAA's : Winthrop, Charleston, USC-Upstate (in 2007)

Newberry and North Greenville will still be in D-II football, the status of Allen football and Benedict football (2 HBCU's in Columbia) isn't clear to me, I think one of them dropped football. And there are a lot of non-football playing D-II schools.

Basically, in South Carolina, if you play football, you play at as high a level as possible. Now if we can just get Clemson and Carolina to move up:smiley_wi
Allen is still NAIA indy and Benedict dropped football last year.

TheValleyRaider
April 11th, 2006, 06:25 PM
A hearty welcome to the Scotsmen!

http://ruthlessreviews.com/pics/braveheart2.jpg

PCbluehose
April 11th, 2006, 08:05 PM
You might be interested to know that we come out to the speech from Braveheart. I still get chills everytime i hear it.

catamount man
April 11th, 2006, 09:17 PM
Allen is still NAIA indy and Benedict dropped football last year.

Allen dropped football back in January, not Benedict, who is Division II.

GO CATAMOUNTS!!! (and PC-I give to the Scotsman Club as well):D

The Gadfly
April 11th, 2006, 09:29 PM
If only we could of been blanketed by so much love when we started :(

walliver
April 12th, 2006, 10:29 AM

That's the difference between having Mel Gibson as a mascot instead of fancified chicken:D

Thumper250
April 12th, 2006, 11:55 AM
How many Allen players transferred to Coastal? ;)

rokamortis
April 12th, 2006, 01:12 PM
How many Allen players transferred to Coastal? ;)

Not sure - I don't think many, if any. How many people from FCI Bennettsville did Gardner-Webb get?

Jaques
April 12th, 2006, 01:22 PM

No kidding. Enjoy the love now PC, because from here on out, win or lose, it's nothin but heartache and grief.;)

April 12th, 2006, 01:43 PM
my last name is Wallace and directly descended from Scotland... does that make me a PC fan?

I'm not very religious though

walliver
April 12th, 2006, 01:53 PM
my last name is Wallace and directly descended from Scotland... does that make me a PC fan?

I'm not very religious though

Do you wear blue panty hose?

chantster
April 13th, 2006, 09:16 PM
Welcome, Blue Hose!

Ya'll got a pretty good coach in Spangler.

PC alma mater: Legendary John McKissick, the nation's winningest high
school coach. 54 years at Summerville HS. And still
coaching.

http://augustasports.com/images/headlines/120398/mckissick.jpg

Kill'em
April 14th, 2006, 08:19 AM
If that's Tommy Spangler, I believe he's a former coach at Georgia Southern.

HensRock
April 14th, 2006, 09:25 AM

They've caught VA, and with Campbell, so has NC. But they still have a few more to catch NY. :nod:

States with I-AA Programs:

10: NY
9: PA
7: NC,SC,VA
6: LA
5: TN,TX
4: AL,CA,IL,KY,MA
3: CT,FL,IN,MS,NJ
2: AR,DC,DE,GA,IA,MD,MO,MT,NH,OH,RI,UT
1: AZ,CO,ID,ME,ND,OR,SD,WA
0: AK,HI,KS,OK,MI,MN,NE,NM,NV,VT,WI,WV,WY

OL FU
April 14th, 2006, 12:48 PM
They've caught VA, and with Campbell, so has NC. But they still have a few more to catch NY. :nod:

States with I-AA Programs:

10: NY
9: PA
7: NC,SC,VA
6: LA
5: TN,TX
4: AL,CA,IL,KY,MA
3: CT,FL,IN,MS,NJ
2: AR,DC,DE,GA,IA,MD,MO,MT,NH,OH,RI,UT
1: AZ,CO,ID,ME,ND,OR,SD,WA
0: AK,HI,KS,OK,MI,MN,NE,NM,NV,VT,WI,WV,WY

Per capita, we have more hands down:smiley_wi