PDA

View Full Version : 1st schedule release is...WKU's!!!! about time.

wkuhillhound
April 12th, 2005, 07:13 PM
Western Kentucky University release their 2005 schedule with two 1-A schools included here it is.....

09/01 West Virginia Tech
09/10 Eastern Kentucky
09/17 Open
09/24 @ Auburn
10/01 @ Indiana State
10/08 @ Illinois State
10/15 Missouri State (Homecoming)
10/22 @ Western Illinois
10/29 Southern Illinois
11/05 Northern Iowa
11/12 @ Youngstown State
11/19 @ Florida International
Playoffs (if applicable)
11/26 1st round
12/03 Quarterfinals
12/10 Semifinals
12/16 Championship Chattanooga, TN.

Tell me what you think...... :) :D

89Hen
April 13th, 2005, 07:36 AM
Only four D1 games at home isn't great for the fans, but a nice mix of teams IMO.

GannonFan
April 13th, 2005, 09:27 AM
Are West Virginia Tech and Missouri St both DII schools? One is fine, 2 is pushing it - could hurt in the rankings or in consideration for playoffs if WKU is on the bubble. Plus, although Auburn is a substantial IA, FIU is IA in name only - anything less than 1-1 in the DIA games would be a big disappointment. Nice getting SIU and N. Iowa at home, maybe a little tough having them back-to-back like that. Not a terrible schedule strength-wise, but not great either.

PAllen
April 13th, 2005, 09:40 AM
"Are West Virginia Tech and Missouri St both DII schools?"

I'm pretty sure that Missouri State is the new name for SW Missouri St. Pretty tough schedule considering they're @ 2 I-A schools.

polsongrizz
April 13th, 2005, 09:57 AM
Only four home games is bull****, talk about ignoring the fans who support you. They do support you don't they?

89Hen
April 13th, 2005, 09:58 AM
There are five total home games but one is a D2.

Golden Eagle
April 13th, 2005, 10:02 AM
"Are West Virginia Tech and Missouri St both DII schools?"

I'm pretty sure that Missouri State is the new name for SW Missouri St.

Yep.

GannonFan
April 13th, 2005, 10:13 AM
Yep.

Hey thanks, I did not know that!

galojay
April 13th, 2005, 10:58 AM
I think it is a pretty good schedule. The FIU game was a late addition. The staff was trying to get a sixth home game, but couldn't find anything. New Hampshire was in the mix, but backed out for an easier game I'm told.

WKU played at FIU last year and won.

What I am amazed at is FIU is paying us $200K to come down there. Not sure how they are footing that bill!

UNH_Alum_In_CT
April 13th, 2005, 12:42 PM
New Hampshire was in the mix, but backed out for an easier game I'm told.

Are you trying to get the good folks out in Davis all fired up? ;)

Seriously, I don't know any details about the negotiating or sequence of events, but I can see why UC-Davis was selected. UNH has started recruiting out in Cali so a game out there gives families an easier opportunity to see a game and provides additional exposure.

A NH newspaper also mentioned negotiations about expenses so maybe the Davis deal was better for UNH. This game was a replacement for a $$$$ game. And I'm pretty sure that there are more UNH alumni out in the Bay Area and the game will provide a rare opportunity for a gathering at an athletic contest.

That's just one guy's wild guess. :twocents: :)

Pen Guin
April 13th, 2005, 03:00 PM
Jeff:

They are IA now, so $200k is dirt. You are a bargain.

galojay
April 13th, 2005, 05:26 PM
Jeff:

They are IA now, so $200k is dirt. You are a bargain.

At this point they are I-A by title only. WKU beat them last year at Miami. Their attendance is horrible... just not sure where the money is coming from.

GSUBass
April 13th, 2005, 05:33 PM
Ya'll are probably playing them in the date they backed out against GSU.

ngineer
April 13th, 2005, 09:59 PM
Tough schedule IMO. Too much on the road, though--although I suspect the jaunt down to Auburn will be worth it $$.

wkuhillhound
May 4th, 2005, 05:11 PM
Only four D1 games at home isn't great for the fans, but a nice mix of teams IMO.

Missouri State = Southwest Missouri State they will change their name by the time the season starts so that's why I put Missouri State instead.

igo4uni
May 5th, 2005, 06:06 PM
Schedule looks good to me. The Gateway is always tough. Scheduling Auburn helps out the budget.

11.05.05 is a date that the Panthers would really like to pick up a win. :) :)

WKU has beaten us too much lately.

peace

igo4uni

wkuhillhound
May 7th, 2005, 06:17 AM
Only four home games is bull****, talk about ignoring the fans who support you. They do support you don't they?

Last year we had 6 home games but most of those games was during where Mother Nature decided that she hasn't seen rain in a couple of years and kept on raining. The home season was a disaster but hopefully better weather, especially on Homecoming, will bring those attendance numbers up! Plus with alternating conference games we ended with more Gateway Conference games away than at home. The home conference schedule is a GREAT with Northern Iowa and Southern Illinois, contenders for the autobid and Missouri State.

Charlie Don't Surf
May 7th, 2005, 12:44 PM
FIU is full I-A starting this year.

They will play a full Sun Belt conference schedule plus K-State and Texas Tech in 2005.

galojay
May 7th, 2005, 10:24 PM
They are I-A in scholarships too.

My point is they are not up to I-A par on the field. Not that great. Getting there, but not that great.

galojay
May 7th, 2005, 10:26 PM
Last year we had 6 home games but most of those games was during where Mother Nature decided that she hasn't seen rain in a couple of years and kept on raining. The home season was a disaster but hopefully better weather, especially on Homecoming, will bring those attendance numbers up! Plus with alternating conference games we ended with more Gateway Conference games away than at home. The home conference schedule is a GREAT with Northern Iowa and Southern Illinois, contenders for the autobid and Missouri State.

WKU only had five home games in 2004.