PDA

View Full Version : Lehigh QB Chris Lum FCS Offensive Player of the Week!

ngineer
September 5th, 2011, 11:10 PM
Saw it reported on Lehigh's facebook site that Chris Lum was voted the FCS offensive player of the week. 22/34 4 TDs 1 Int 346 yards....in three quarters.xnodx

bojeta
September 5th, 2011, 11:13 PM
Those are fine stats! Congrats to your QB!

Go Lehigh TU owl
September 5th, 2011, 11:15 PM
Co-Offensive player of the week with Wagner's RB. Still, it's a great accomplishment for Lum!!

alvinkayak6
September 6th, 2011, 01:05 AM
Let's also give some credit to Ryan Spadola. He's really gifted and Lum's go-to.

crusader11
September 6th, 2011, 08:17 AM
not surprised since Lum is the best QB in the FCS

Questionable. He won't be the best quarterback on the field this weekend.

Pard4Life
September 6th, 2011, 10:31 AM
What a JOKE!!!

Reality test this week... I am going to be there myself...

crusader11
September 6th, 2011, 10:40 AM
What a JOKE!!!

Reality test this week... I am going to be there myself...

Wish I could be there as well. Think UNH will win, but it will sure as hell be a fun game to watch. The defenses will look foolish in this one...

RichH2
September 6th, 2011, 11:04 AM
Great for Chris. UNH will be much tougher. A Lum-Decker show. A vastly different level than last week.

CFBfan
September 6th, 2011, 11:05 AM
Saw it reported on Lehigh's facebook site that Chris Lum was voted the FCS offensive player of the week. 22/34 4 TDs 1 Int 346 yards....in three quarters.xnodx

that's very nice......did you leave out GTown's Jr LB Jeremy Grasso getting FCS Defensive Player of the week award out by accident or on purpose??
Three Patriot Leaguers Earn National Honors
Lehigh's Lum, Georgetown's Grasso, Fordham's Murray Each Receive Weekly Honor

Fordham's Patrick Murray was named FCS Punter of the Week by College Football Performance Awards.

Sept. 6, 2011

Center Valley, Pa. - After claiming the first Patriot League Football Offensive and Defensive Player of the Week awards, Lehigh senior quarterback Chris Lum and Georgetown junior linebacker Jeremy Grasso added national hardware to their League honors on Monday.

Lum was selected as the Co-Offensive Player of the Week by The Sports Network/Fathead.com, while Grasso was named one of five National All-Stars by College Sporting News. In addition, Fordham senior Patrick Murray claimed the FCS Punter of the Week award from College Football Performance Awards.

Lum had an outstanding game to open the 2011 season by completing 22-of-34 passes for 346 yards and four touchdowns in No. 13/15 Lehigh's 49-24 triumph at Monmouth. The four touchdown passes were a career high, and Lum recorded his second-straight 300-yard passing game and third of his career. He also ran for 27 yards to notch 373 yards of total offense in the game, the sixth-highest total in the country over the weekend.

Lum shared the national honor with Wagner junior Dominique Williams.

Grasso led the nation in both sacks (3.5) and tackles for loss (4.5) over the weekend to lead a dominating effort by the Georgetown defense in a 40-16 season-opening win over Davidson on Saturday. He recorded eight total tackles in the game and also recovered a fumble. The Hoya defense recorded six sacks in the game and held Davidson to -7 rushing yards.

ngineer
September 6th, 2011, 06:55 PM
that's very nice......did you leave out GTown's Jr LB Jeremy Grasso getting FCS Defensive Player of the week award out by accident or on purpose??Three Patriot Leaguers Earn National Honors

Fordham's Patrick Murray was named FCS Punter of the Week by College Football Performance Awards.

Sept. 6, 2011

Center Valley, Pa. - After claiming the first Patriot League Football Offensive and Defensive Player of the Week awards, Lehigh senior quarterback Chris Lum and Georgetown junior linebacker Jeremy Grasso added national hardware to their League honors on Monday.

Lum was selected as the Co-Offensive Player of the Week by The Sports Network/Fathead.com, while Grasso was named one of five National All-Stars by College Sporting News. In addition, Fordham senior Patrick Murray claimed the FCS Punter of the Week award from College Football Performance Awards.

Lum had an outstanding game to open the 2011 season by completing 22-of-34 passes for 346 yards and four touchdowns in No. 13/15 Lehigh's 49-24 triumph at Monmouth. The four touchdown passes were a career high, and Lum recorded his second-straight 300-yard passing game and third of his career. He also ran for 27 yards to notch 373 yards of total offense in the game, the sixth-highest total in the country over the weekend.

Grasso led the nation in both sacks (3.5) and tackles for loss (4.5) over the weekend to lead a dominating effort by the Georgetown defense in a 40-16 season-opening win over Davidson on Saturday. He recorded eight total tackles in the game and also recovered a fumble. The Hoya defense recorded six sacks in the game and held Davidson to -7 rushing yards.

What your problem? Walking with a limp due to a huge chip on your shoulder? I said I saw it posted on Lehigh's Facebook site that Lum had been named. Nothing was said about the other two, possibly because the award had just been announced (note the hour I posted) and the other two were not mention, or possibly because it was a Lehigh release and NOT a PL release? My we have some inferiority complexes around here...and season's just started!

alvinkayak6
September 6th, 2011, 07:01 PM
Easily the best of the three this week (Lum, Grasso, Murray) is the punter, Murray.

You can have a great day in a huge win as a QB. Any half decent DL/LB can get 4 TFL's vs. Davidson (one of the worst teams in the FCS).

Punting is different. You either have a good leg or you don't. Murray does. And he averaged 50 yards per punt against UCONN.

ngineer
September 6th, 2011, 07:06 PM
Easily the best of the three this week (Lum, Grasso, Murray) is the punter, Murray.

You can have a great day in a huge win as a QB. Any half decent DL/LB can get 4 TFL's vs. Davidson (one of the worst teams in the FCS).

Punting is different. You either have a good leg or you don't. Murray does. And he averaged 50 yards per punt against UCONN.

I'm waiting for someone to complain he had the wind at his back...xrolleyesx

Pard4Life
September 6th, 2011, 07:15 PM
Doubt it; Fordham usually gets great punters for some reason.

van
September 6th, 2011, 07:19 PM
that's very nice......did you leave out GTown's Jr LB Jeremy Grasso getting FCS Defensive Player of the week award out by accident or on purpose??
Three Patriot Leaguers Earn National Honors

Sept. 6, 2011

I was looking on the Fordham Facebook site and could find nothing about Lum. Not very nice!

Pard4Life
September 6th, 2011, 07:22 PM
Who was doing these All-FCS picks: LFN?

Lehigh Football Nation
September 6th, 2011, 11:29 PM
Don't look at me! I have nothing to do with Fathead picks! xlolx

I thought Grasso, incidentally, was an excellent choice for POW. xthumbsupx

ngineer
September 6th, 2011, 11:35 PM
I was looking on the Fordham Facebook site and could find nothing about Lum. Not very nice!

Those dastardly Rams! I am affronted! Affronted I say that my beloved brown clad QB was not mentioned on their website. I might even sue for reverse defamation. How can Fordham overlook mentioning Chris Lum on their website?! It is an outrage!
xrolleyesxxrolleyesxxrolleyesxxrolleyesxxrolleyesx xrolleyesxxrolleyesxxrolleyesxxrolleyesx

RichH2
September 7th, 2011, 08:44 AM
as we are now over the hump, last week just a memory. I think we will need Chris to have another POW game vs UNH.

ngineer
September 7th, 2011, 01:44 PM
as we are now over the hump, last week just a memory. I think we will need Chris to have another POW game vs UNH.

Actually, the key will be which defense can make the most stops. Each team should get its yards, but stopping the scoring is what counts. I am also feeling better about the PK. Although only extra points, the kicks were solid, high and long. If he keeps the same mentality for a 35 yarder, we'll be okay.

RichH2
September 7th, 2011, 04:00 PM
Actually, the key will be which defense can make the most stops. Each team should get its yards, but stopping the scoring is what counts. I am also feeling better about the PK. Although only extra points, the kicks were solid, high and long. If he keeps the same mentality for a 35 yarder, we'll be okay.

From your mouth to God's ear.

van
September 7th, 2011, 05:29 PM

Amen brother!