PDA

View Full Version : Monmouth Football - Kessler Field tickets and parking

Go...gate
September 5th, 2011, 11:04 PM
I am familiar with Kessler Field from driving past it in the off-season and seeing it in photographs - looks like a fine ballpark. Should tickets be purchased ahead of time or can decent tix be purchased on the day of the game? Also, where does one park on game day?

Many thanks.

Go Lehigh TU owl
September 5th, 2011, 11:07 PM
I am familiar with Kessler Field from driving past it in the off-season and seeing it in photographs - looks like a fine ballpark. Should tickets be purchased ahead of time or can decent tix be purchased on the day of the game? Also, where does one park on game day?

Many thanks.

There's plenty of parking behind the stadium. We ordered tickets before the game but could have gotten away with getting them at the gate.

The stadium is very small but well kept. The new Hess Athletic Complex is very impressive.

Go...gate
September 6th, 2011, 01:36 PM
I was surprised to see only 3400 as the attendance at the LU-MU game.

Go Lehigh TU owl
September 6th, 2011, 03:00 PM
I was surprised to see only 3400 as the attendance at the LU-MU game.

As was I. The MU radio guys said it was the first time they set up temporary bleachers in the endzone to accommodate the larger crowd. Those seats ended up being filled.

danefan
September 6th, 2011, 03:15 PM
As was I. The MU radio guys said it was the first time they set up temporary bleachers in the endzone to accommodate the larger crowd. Those seats ended up being filled.

Maybe it was just a nice round # used by a school that probably doesn't care what the attendance was?

Go...gate
September 6th, 2011, 03:41 PM
They list 4,000 as capacity and I understand that is without additional stands, so it is strange. If the end zones were filled that adds another 500-1000, usually, maybe more.

PAllen
September 6th, 2011, 06:27 PM
Maybe it was just a nice round # used by a school that probably doesn't care what the attendance was?

Nail on Headxsmashx