PDA

View Full Version : I-AA Conference Realignment

TexasTerror
April 8th, 2006, 05:26 PM
More and more I-AA schools are 'appearing' on the map each year. In recent years, we've added Southeastern Louisiana, Northern Colorado and Coastal Carolina to name a few.

This year, we have several schools announcing their desires to jump from Div II to I-AA or reinstating football. Central Arkansas. Presbyterian. Campbell. Winston Salem State. North Carolina Central. We could even see Lamar announce an attempt to get football rolling. Definitely more schools making the jump from Div II or non-existance than those making the move from I-AA to I-A.

With all these moves, do you see any conference realignments happening in the near future? Div I sports in general, I-A for football purposes just had a major shift with schools moving from Sun Belt to WAC, Big East to ACC, C-USA to Big East, etc, etc. Is it time for I-AA to have some shifts?

There was talk on another thread of a San Diego becoming scholarship and starting a California/Arizona-based conference. What will happen with the Dakota schools? There's been talks of all these different schools wanting to move to the SoCon for several years (or atleast their fans wanting them to do so). Could more non-scholarship schools move to scholarship schools?

Thoughts?

ucdtim17
April 8th, 2006, 06:13 PM
Hopefully more I-AA west of the rockies, but I don't think there are any more schools on the horizon. I don't think there's any reason to think San Diego will be adding scholarships - I haven't heard anything from anyone associated with the school - it's mostly just offseason hopeful gossip from westerners

Ronbo
April 8th, 2006, 06:20 PM
Hopefully more I-AA west of the rockies, but I don't think there are any more schools on the horizon. I don't think there's any reason to think San Diego will be adding scholarships - I haven't heard anything from anyone associated with the school - it's mostly just offseason hopeful gossip from westerners

Why don't you invite them to the GWFC anyway?

catamount man
April 8th, 2006, 06:38 PM
A new conference called the Mountain East Conference could look like this:

Western Carolina
Appalachian State
VMI
James Madison
Tennessee Tech
Eastern Kentucky
East Tenn.State (if and when football is restored)
UT-Chattanooga

2 from NC, 2 from VA, 1 from Kentucky, and 3 from Tennessee. A pretty good balance.

GO CATAMOUNTS!!!

April 8th, 2006, 07:12 PM
Central Arkansas and Winston Salem State announced last year. North Carolina Central and Presbyterian announced this year (if their applications are accepted). Campbell also announced this year and is the only D-I in the lot.

Tod
April 8th, 2006, 07:15 PM
Central Arkansas and Winston Salem State announced last year. North Carolina Central and Presbyterian announced this year (if their applications are accepted). Campbell also announced this year and is the only D-I in the lot.

So what does that mean for playoff eligibility? I know that with no schollies and it being their first year (since 1950 anyway), it probably doesn't matter, but if they're D-I in other sports, are they playoff eligible immediately?

Spider
April 8th, 2006, 07:24 PM
A new conference called the Mountain East Conference could look like this:

Western Carolina
Appalachian State
VMI
James Madison
Tennessee Tech
Eastern Kentucky
East Tenn.State (if and when football is restored)
UT-Chattanooga

2 from NC, 2 from VA, 1 from Kentucky, and 3 from Tennessee. A pretty good balance.

GO CATAMOUNTS!!!
I don't think you would see JMU leave the A10; too many state rivals there....

April 8th, 2006, 07:32 PM
So what does that mean for playoff eligibility? I know that with no schollies and it being their first year (since 1950 anyway), it probably doesn't matter, but if they're D-I in other sports, are they playoff eligible immediately?Yes, Campbell is out-the-box set. Just like CCU and SLU were recently. WSSU and UCA have four years left, NCCU and PC are just starting their five year transition (and can still back out before 6/2007).

BEAR
April 8th, 2006, 09:39 PM
Wasn't NCCU under investigation for allegedly using illegal headsets during games? I thought the coach was caught on video using one with hooked up to the QBs helmet? Hmm.. maybe nothing came of it...but I'll be the QB will be the first to know....:coach: :doh:

April 8th, 2006, 09:42 PM
Wasn't NCCU under investigation for allegedly using illegal headsets during games? I thought the coach was caught on video using one with hooked up to the QBs helmet? Hmm.. maybe nothing came of it...but I'll be the QB will be the first to know....:coach: :doh:It was an NCCU student (not on the football team) assaulted by the Duke Lax team...

blukeys
April 8th, 2006, 10:21 PM
NCCU student earning her way thru college as a stripper?

blukeys
April 8th, 2006, 10:24 PM
I don't think you would see JMU leave the A10; too many state rivals there....

JMU, W&M, and UD will go together if there is any move. The Presidents are all tight and currently the schools play in all sports.

The CAA has no need to realign. It is already a sectional as opposed to a conference.

Gil Dobie
April 9th, 2006, 04:52 PM
This link about Big Sky expansion could change the shape of the I-AA west.

Big Sky Buzz (http://www.areavoices.com/bisonmedia/)

Commish Fullerton said he had a conference call with his AD's a couple days ago and for the first time he gained a sense that they now understand how difficult basketball scheduling is with 9 teams. He said some AD's want to look at adding a 10th member, but he thinks that going to 12 teams is the way to go, which he's been lobbying for for the last few months. When I asked him what options he sees out there for adding 3 more teams he said there were 2 schools in North Dakota that had positives and one in South Dakota.

Tod
April 9th, 2006, 05:37 PM
This link about Big Sky expansion could change the shape of the I-AA west.

Big Sky Buzz (http://www.areavoices.com/bisonmedia/)

Commish Fullerton said he had a conference call with his AD's a couple days ago and for the first time he gained a sense that they now understand how difficult basketball scheduling is with 9 teams. He said some AD's want to look at adding a 10th member, but he thinks that going to 12 teams is the way to go, which he's been lobbying for for the last few months. When I asked him what options he sees out there for adding 3 more teams he said there were 2 schools in North Dakota that had positives and one in South Dakota.

Well, not understanding all that it would entail, I hope this occurs. My only regret would be the disolusion (sp?) of the GWFC. Actually, I think Cal-Poly and UCD would be fine, but SUU seems to be in a less-than-great situation. I'd like to see them come out of this unhurt.

TexasTerror
April 9th, 2006, 07:14 PM
Well, not understanding all that it would entail, I hope this occurs. My only regret would be the disolusion (sp?) of the GWFC. Actually, I think Cal-Poly and UCD would be fine, but SUU seems to be in a less-than-great situation. I'd like to see them come out of this unhurt.

SUU already has one of the worst situations out there. They are in a football-only conference that is floundering and then they are in the Mid-Con for everything else, a conference that would prefer they not be in it as they are the farthest away foe in the scheduling for that conference for all schools...

Ronbo
April 9th, 2006, 07:59 PM
I think S. Utah plays a couple years as an Independent then drops football if the GWFC goes down. Cal Poly and Davis go Independent and in 5-10 years go I-A. I think Poly gets a huge donation from John Madden (an Alum) only when they go I-A.

TexasTerror
April 9th, 2006, 08:27 PM
I think S. Utah plays a couple years as an Independent then drops football if the GWFC goes down. Cal Poly and Davis go Independent and in 5-10 years go I-A. I think Poly gets a huge donation from John Madden (an Alum) only when they go I-A.

Southern Utah losing football would not be good for I-AA West expansion. We need some more I-AAs that are west of the Rio Grande! :rotateh:

Colorado School of the Mines ready to move up? Return of some Cal schools? Time for New Mexico Highlands? West Texas A&M?

Tod
April 9th, 2006, 08:38 PM
Southern Utah losing football would not be good for I-AA West expansion. We need some more I-AAs that are west of the Rio Grande! :rotateh:

Colorado School of the Mines ready to move up? Return of some Cal schools? Time for New Mexico Highlands? West Texas A&M?

West of the Mississippi would be good too. ;)

TexasTerror
April 9th, 2006, 08:40 PM
West of the Mississippi would be good too. ;)

West of the Mississippi is no good because the SWAC and SLC are pretty much filled right now. Can't think of any HBCUs close to a Div I move so the SWAC is definitely out and unless some SLC schools go I-A, I don't see it happening in terms of expansion outside of maybe Tarleton State and a long shot, Delta St.

So it comes down to 'west of the Rio Grande'. :)

Tod
April 9th, 2006, 09:13 PM
West of the Mississippi is no good because the SWAC and SLC are pretty much filled right now. Can't think of any HBCUs close to a Div I move so the SWAC is definitely out and unless some SLC schools go I-A, I don't see it happening in terms of expansion outside of maybe Tarleton State and a long shot, Delta St.

So it comes down to 'west of the Rio Grande'. :)

OK, I see what you mean, but other than the California schools, none of the others you mentioned are west of the Rio Grande (Colorado School of Mines, New Mexico Highlands, West Texas A&M). But they're close to the Rio Grand, so your point is taken. :)

Sawtooth
April 9th, 2006, 10:47 PM
SUU hasn't helped themselves by only funding 40 or so football scholarships, and it has come back to bite them. They can't even get money games with I-A programs, because they don't sponsor enough scholarships for the game to count toward a bowl for the I-A team.

Dixie State located in St. George, UT (about 30 minutes south of SUU, with an area population of ~100,000) has begun offering 4 year degrees. They will begin NCAA division II play this year, and this could help SUU (it could hurt them as well). I wouldn't be surprised to see Dixie make the decision to jump to division I within a couple of years (they already have a larger enrollment than SUU), and SUU would be smart to partner up with them.

Best case scenario -- Dixie makes the jump to Division I (and I-AA) and provides better conference options for themselves and SUU.
Worst case -- SUU could drop to NCAA Division II, but they'd still have a travel partner and be within a reasonable distance of the RMAC (D2 conference).

Dixie's facilities are already pretty good for a school entering the NCAA.

http://www.dixieathletics.com/images/footballaerial.jpghttp://www.dixieathletics.com/images/Footballcrowd.jpg

http://www.dixieathletics.com/images/burns-arena.jpghttp://www.dixieathletics.com/images/burnssnow.jpg

Dixie State Facilities (http://www.dixieathletics.com/facilities.cfm)

lucchesicourt
April 10th, 2006, 06:47 AM
If the GWFC disbands I see 1 of 2 options for UCD football, and going independent is not one of them. The first would be to move to 1A, if that fails I expect to see the demise of Aggie football. The Ags already have had a problem with the BS (travel reasons), and being independent would not improve the situation. Could the Ags survive at the 1A level, IMO, the only way is to use the rivalries as a drawing card. That would mean, UCD playing Stanford, Cal, UCLA, hence a Pac 10 membership. Otheriwise I aexpect football program at UCD to disappear. The survival of the GWFC is the main option for UCD.

TexasTerror
April 10th, 2006, 07:03 AM

Wow, those are some nice facilities. I hope Dixie St moves up to Div I-AA. Would be a nice addition and give us another western I-AA!

ngineer
April 10th, 2006, 07:18 AM
SUU hasn't helped themselves by only funding 40 or so football scholarships, and it has come back to bite them. They can't even get money games with I-A programs, because they don't sponsor enough scholarships for the game to count toward a bowl for the I-A team.

Dixie State located in St. George, UT (about 30 minutes south of SUU, with an area population of ~100,000) has begun offering 4 year degrees. They will begin NCAA division II play this year, and this could help SUU (it could hurt them as well). I wouldn't be surprised to see Dixie make the decision to jump to division I within a couple of years (they already have a larger enrollment than SUU), and SUU would be smart to partner up with them.

Best case scenario -- Dixie makes the jump to Division I (and I-AA) and provides better conference options for themselves and SUU.
Worst case -- SUU could drop to NCAA Division II, but they'd still have a travel partner and be within a reasonable distance of the RMAC (D2 conference).

http://www.dixieathletics.com/images/footballaerial.jpghttp://www.dixieathletics.com/images/Footballcrowd.jpg

http://www.dixieathletics.com/images/burns-arena.jpghttp://www.dixieathletics.com/images/burnssnow.jpg

Dixie State Facilities (http://www.dixieathletics.com/facilities.cfm)

Any background on the origin of the name? "Dixie State" , to me, should be in either Mississippi or Alabama....:confused:

IaaScribe
April 10th, 2006, 09:45 AM
The Dixie National Forest is in southwest Utah, headquartered in Cedar City (home of SUU).

TxSt02
April 10th, 2006, 10:13 AM
If the GWFC disbands I see 1 of 2 options for UCD football, and going independent is not one of them. The first would be to move to 1A, if that fails I expect to see the demise of Aggie football. The Ags already have had a problem with the BS (travel reasons), and being independent would not improve the situation. Could the Ags survive at the 1A level, IMO, the only way is to use the rivalries as a drawing card. That would mean, UCD playing Stanford, Cal, UCLA, hence a Pac 10 membership. Otheriwise I aexpect football program at UCD to disappear. The survival of the GWFC is the main option for UCD.

sure this will help but this would never happen... we have about the same chance of getting into the big 12

OL FU
April 10th, 2006, 10:47 AM
Southern Patriot League

Furman
Wofford
Citadel
Elon
Richmond
Presbyterian
VMI
Campbell

:eek::bawling:

OL FU
April 10th, 2006, 10:54 AM
Southern Patriot League

Furman
Wofford
Citadel
Elon
Richmond
Presbyterian
VMI
Campbell

:eek::bawling:

Whoops, I forgot Samford:o :eek: :bawling:

dbackjon
April 10th, 2006, 11:08 AM
The best thing for SUU would be to fully fund scholarships, and get into the Big Sky. Would create a good rival/travel partner for NAU.

Add the Dakota schools (State U) and we are at 12.

Other option: The North Central Conference as a whole moves to D-I, Northern Colorado stays in the Big Sky, which adds Utah.

colgate13
April 10th, 2006, 12:02 PM
OL FU, I like your thinking! :)

gophoenix
April 10th, 2006, 12:18 PM
Originally Posted by OL FU
Southern Patriot League

Furman
Wofford
Citadel
Elon
Richmond
Presbyterian
VMI
Campbell

Furman
Wofford
Elon
The Citadel
Richmond
Presbyterian
VMI
Hampton
Samford

IaaScribe
April 10th, 2006, 01:36 PM
D-back Jon: SUU has wanted in the Big Sky for years and years and years, and they always get shot down by the Big Sky presidents. Generally, it's Montana's president who has been against SUU's inclusion. Weber State's prez had issues but he's relented a bit.

As far as the scheduling with nine schools for hoops, the Big Sky did it from 1996-2001 when Northridge was in the league. I think the travel partners went like:

NAU and Northridge
ISU and Weber
PSU and EWU
UM and MSU
Sac was the odd team out, which made for some interesting weekends when I covered NAU. I remember one time NAU played Idaho State twice on back-to-back weekends home-and-away. Then NAU played at Sac on a Thursday and at Weber on a Saturday. Only when Northridge left did NAU play ISU and Weber on the same trip.

The biggest issue with the North Dakota schools I think was travel costs associated with all the other sports. I'll be curious to see if the presidents have softened on that.

dbackjon
April 10th, 2006, 03:34 PM
IaaScribe - what did the Montana President have against SUU?

And travel to the Dakota schools would be expensive - especially when you consider all the Big Sky Sports.

IaaScribe
April 10th, 2006, 03:45 PM
I think he had issues with SUU's academic reputation.

April 10th, 2006, 03:54 PM
... And travel to the Dakota schools would be expensive - especially when you consider all the Big Sky Sports.Why? Are plane tickets to ND and SD more expensive?

dbackjon
April 10th, 2006, 03:56 PM
I think he had issues with SUU's academic reputation.

Thanks!

IaaScribe
April 10th, 2006, 07:01 PM
Why? Are plane tickets to ND and SD more expensive?

Certainly, especially if you're going from Flagstaff. When the alternative is taking a bus trip for non-conference games against New Mexico, SUU, ASU, UofA or UNLV, it's a heck of a lot more expensive. Plus, it's a major concern for missed class time.

For basketball at least, I know players routinely miss four days a class for every travel week (save for the trip to your travel partner). Adding a Dakota swing to the schedule would exacerbate that issue.

I'd love to see the Dakota schools in the Big Sky for football purposes. It would make a fantastic league. But there are other things that school administrators and presidents are considering, for sure.

DTSpider
April 10th, 2006, 07:08 PM
Furman
Wofford
Elon
The Citadel
Richmond
Presbyterian
VMI
Hampton
Samford

Just get Davidson to offer scholarships again and you'd have an interesting conference.

Gil Dobie
April 10th, 2006, 07:37 PM
Certainly, especially if you're going from Flagstaff. When the alternative is taking a bus trip for non-conference games against New Mexico, SUU, ASU, UofA or UNLV, it's a heck of a lot more expensive. Plus, it's a major concern for missed class time.

For basketball at least, I know players routinely miss four days a class for every travel week (save for the trip to your travel partner). Adding a Dakota swing to the schedule would exacerbate that issue.

I'd love to see the Dakota schools in the Big Sky for football purposes. It would make a fantastic league. But there are other things that school administrators and presidents are considering, for sure.

Could have a Big Ten type schedule, play the local rivals every year, and rotate out the other schools every other year. The Big Ten schedule includes 16 conference games with an 11 team conference. NAU would come to the Dakota's every other year for a basketball road trip.

GrizzlyEdd
April 10th, 2006, 07:51 PM
Course, we could add to the confusion and send NAU, PSU, and SacSt. to the GWFC and the Big Sky could pick up NDSU, NDU, SDSU... there wouldn't be as big of a "transportation cost" factor for either conference.;)

RabidRabbit
April 10th, 2006, 08:08 PM
Course, we could add to the confusion and send NAU, PSU, and SacSt. to the GWFC and the Big Sky could pick up NDSU, NDU, SDSU... there wouldn't be as big of a "transportation cost" factor for either conference.;)

xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx

JMU Duke Dog
April 10th, 2006, 08:18 PM
A couple months ago I read where the Appalachian State athletic director claimed about the possibility of studying forming a conference of "like-minded" institutions and named JMU as one of them. I have thought of a possible conference of Mid-Atlantic public institutions to counter that Southern Patriot League and the new America East Conference.

My Dream Conference:

Appalachian State
Coastal Carolina
Delaware
Georgia Southern
James Madison
Old Dominion (I-AA football program is starting in 2009)
Tennessee-Chattanooga
Towson
Western Carolina
William and Mary

This conference could go to 12 teams if North Carolina-Charlotte started a I-AA football program and East Tennessee State restarted their now defunct I-AA football program.

Any ideas for possible names of that conference?

Sly Fox
April 10th, 2006, 09:06 PM
Is my alma mater like the plague? All these suggested new leagues surround us and no one even has us under consideration.

:rolleyes:

IaaScribe
April 10th, 2006, 09:08 PM
And to think, I was just about to post ... the Liberty folks would very much like to fit into that whole equation that the JMU fan pointed out.

JMU Duke Dog
April 10th, 2006, 09:09 PM
Is my alma mater like the plague? All these suggested new leagues surround us and no one even has us under consideration.

:rolleyes:

I thought about Liberty but it was a private institution so I left it out. Maybe the Flames could join that Southern Patriot League? I seriously think you all will be good in the near future. Watch out Big South for the Liberty Flames.

April 10th, 2006, 09:47 PM
A couple months ago I read where the Appalachian State athletic director claimed ...That wasn't the AD Peacock, that was an App St. fan that hates I-AA (there are about 10-12). :lmao:

JMU Duke Dog
April 10th, 2006, 09:50 PM
That wasn't the AD Peacock, that was an App St. fan that hates I-AA (there are about 10-12).

:confused: It was not from one that likes I-AA with close ties to the AD? Unfortunately, it could have been only what you are saying Ralph. I am one of the few southern JMU people so I would love to have some more southern schools in JMU's conference.

tarmac
April 10th, 2006, 09:57 PM
Appalachian State
Coastal Carolina
Delaware
Georgia Southern
James Madison
Tennessee-Chattanooga
Towson
Western Carolina
William and Mary

That would be a great conference if they all agreed to go I-A

Sly Fox
April 10th, 2006, 10:00 PM
Thanks for the compliments, Duke Dog. As bad as were last year we had every opportunity to win all of our Big South games. With the big influx of talent and our new staff, we are thinking big in Lynchburg.

As for the conference alignments, we would certainly fit in with all of the priavtes. But at the same time, our size & budget match up nicely with most of the publics you listed and we'd be a nice fit geographically. But then again I am rather biased in my opinions.

MR. CHICKEN
April 10th, 2006, 10:01 PM
Just get Davidson to offer scholarships again and you'd have an interesting conference.

YEAH...AN' FURMAN...WOULD BE DUH NEW.....MONTANA!.....:eek:....AWK!

JMU Duke Dog
April 10th, 2006, 10:03 PM
Appalachian State
Coastal Carolina
Delaware
Georgia Southern
James Madison
Tennessee-Chattanooga
Towson
Western Carolina
William and Mary

That would be a great conference if they all agreed to go I-A

If that happened, then we could add Liberty as it is their goal to be I-A in a decade.

MR. CHICKEN
April 10th, 2006, 10:07 PM
MAH DREAM CONFERENCE:

JMU
WM & MARY
RICHMOND
'NOVA
DELAWARE
HOFSTRA
MAINE
UMA$$
NOR'EASTER
TOWSON
RHODEY
NEW HAMPSHIRE........WAIT..SOMEBODAH PINCH ME........:hyped:...AWK!

rokamortis
April 10th, 2006, 10:21 PM
A couple months ago I read where the Appalachian State athletic director claimed about the possibility of studying forming a conference of "like-minded" institutions and named JMU as one of them. I have thought of a possible conference of Mid-Atlantic public institutions to counter that Southern Patriot League and the new America East Conference.

My Dream Conference:

Appalachian State
Coastal Carolina
Delaware
Georgia Southern
James Madison
Tennessee-Chattanooga
Towson
Western Carolina
William and Mary

This conference could go to 12 teams if North Carolina-Charlotte started a I-AA football program and East Tennessee State restarted their now defunct I-AA football program.

Love the idea

April 10th, 2006, 11:04 PM
:confused: It was not from one that likes I-AA with close ties to the AD?No. Alums that think they are close to the AD need their credentials checked. It is an AD's job to reel in alums...

walliver
April 11th, 2006, 08:52 AM
My Dream Conference:

Appalachian State
Coastal Carolina
Delaware
Georgia Southern
James Madison
Tennessee-Chattanooga
Towson
Western Carolina
William and Mary

The Unholy Twelve:D

I never thought I'd see a Dream Conference containing ETSU.

JMU Duke Dog
April 11th, 2006, 08:57 AM
My Dream Conference:

The Unholy Twelve:D

I never thought I'd see a Dream Conference containing ETSU.

Well I said ETSU as they would fill a geographic hole. :rotateh:

dbackjon
April 11th, 2006, 09:00 AM

And what would those three do for other sports??

gophoenix
April 11th, 2006, 09:09 AM
Southern/Mid Atlantic/Metro Atlantic/Colonial Atlantic
Appalachian State
Coastal Carolina
Delaware
Georgia Southern
James Madison
Tennessee-Chattanooga
Towson
Western Carolina
Eastern Kentucky
Tenn Tech
NC A&T/SC State

The Kudzu League/Dixie League/Atlantic South/Southern
Furman
Wofford
Elon
The Citadel
Richmond
Presbyterian
VMI
Hampton
Samford
Davidson
Campbell
William & Mary

WUTNDITWAA
April 11th, 2006, 09:29 AM
That wasn't the AD Peacock, that was an App St. fan that hates I-AA (there are about 10-12). :lmao:

Do we really need to go down this route??? Where's a dead horse to beat when you need one?

89Hen
April 11th, 2006, 02:39 PM
My Dream Conference:

Appalachian State
Coastal Carolina
Delaware
Georgia Southern
James Madison
Tennessee-Chattanooga
Towson
Western Carolina
William and Mary
Not sure I'd want to be the only Yankee in the group. :eek: I really don't like the idea of these types of conferences anyway. Too few bids to go around for a conference that has four recent National Champions. :twocents:

henfan
April 11th, 2006, 03:18 PM
Not sure I'd want to be the only Yankee in the group.

More than that, this league is just unrealistic on so many levels. Probably why Duke Dog labeled it a "Dream League".

Sly Fox
April 11th, 2006, 09:37 PM
Come on, Phoenix. You factor PC in and still no love for your brothers up in Virginia?

xlolx

crunifan
April 11th, 2006, 10:47 PM
My dream conference:

MISSOURI VALLEY CONFERENCE

Missouri State
Indiana State
Illinois State
Southern Illinois
UNI
Wichita State (brings back football)
Drake (brings back scholarships)
Western Kentucky

gophoenix
April 12th, 2006, 07:07 AM
Come on, Phoenix. You factor PC in and still no love for your brothers up in Virginia?

Based solely on you guys wanting to go I-A, and the rest not expressing a desire to do so anymore. In fact, from a monetary standpoint, I'd bet on Furman, The Citadel Elon, Richmond and Samford could really afford it in that group.

Otherwise, I really have no issue with Liberty in a conference. Lots of the Olympic sports are good, plus you have a hockey arena on campus (and we should too soon). One can only hope .......

RabidRabbit
April 12th, 2006, 07:12 AM
My dream conference:

Missouri State
Indiana State
Illinois State
Southern Illinois
UNI
Western Kentucky

Add in SDSU & NDSU and you have a SUPER conference!!!!

dbackjon
April 12th, 2006, 10:11 AM
My dream conference:

Missouri State
Indiana State
Illinois State
Southern Illinois
UNI
Western Kentucky