September 5th, 2011, 06:25 PM
23 - 20 JSU,

Dealt with...

chattownmocs
September 5th, 2011, 06:30 PM
52-0 less than 3 minutes into the 2nd half....LIVE WITH IT

dgtw
September 5th, 2011, 06:35 PM
We are going to the game. Anything special to see outside the Mecca before the game?

chattownmocs
September 5th, 2011, 06:36 PM
We are going to the game. Anything special to see outside the Mecca before the game?

Too much for you to see in 10 trips let alone 1.

bjtheflamesfan
September 5th, 2011, 06:40 PM
31-28 JSU on a late field goal...

LIVED WITH (ate all the food too)

Mountaineer
September 5th, 2011, 06:46 PM

Make sure to stop by and see the homeless guy at the corner of 17th and Broad.

http://img828.imageshack.us/img828/9799/20080106194744stayingdr.jpg

And don't pass up the opportunity to check out the Art Ghetto stylings along Main and Williams.

http://img5.imageshack.us/img5/4668/870705708624662790o.jpg

Go Jax. xthumbsupx

Cocky
September 5th, 2011, 07:17 PM
27-3 JSU

JSU starts playing in the 1st qt instead of the 4th this year.

Red Bird
September 5th, 2011, 09:01 PM
Live, Deal and like last year Steal.............JSU by 10.

The Cats
September 6th, 2011, 07:27 AM
Mocs by 14.

The Cats
September 6th, 2011, 07:29 AM
Make sure to stop by and see the homeless guy at the corner of 17th and Broad.

http://img828.imageshack.us/img828/9799/20080106194744stayingdr.jpg

And don't pass up the opportunity to check out the Art Ghetto stylings along Main and Williams.

http://img5.imageshack.us/img5/4668/870705708624662790o.jpg

Go Jax. xthumbsupx

Why are you posting pics of the highlights of boone and trying to pass them off as Chattanooga?

TheRevSFA
September 6th, 2011, 07:31 AM
JSU 28-Mocs 17

dgtw
September 6th, 2011, 07:35 AM

I almost started a thread with this question, but seeing the flame war that's already broken out, I'm glad I didn't. I would like some serious replies if someone has one.

Mountaineer#96
September 6th, 2011, 07:35 AM
Why are you posting pics of the highlights of boone and trying to pass them off as Chattanooga?

Where in Boone would that be? We don't have power lines.....

pike51
September 6th, 2011, 07:50 AM
I almost started a thread with this question, but seeing the flame war that's already broken out, I'm glad I didn't. I would like some serious replies if someone has one.

Unbiased, honest reply from GSU fan:

The Tennessee Aquarium is pretty darn awesome! Plan a few hours around that to make it worth the admission cost.

For good food, I'd suggest Big River Grille as it's just up the road from the aquarium and on the way to the stadium. Sticky Fingers is the local BBQ chain, but it seems to commercial for me now (my opinion)... 212 Market Restaurant and Station House are supp. to be good.

Other than that, there are plenty of civil war memorials, you can check out the Chattanooga Choo Choo, and they have a zoo.

http://www.chattanoogafun.com/attractions/members.asp?category=All&area=All&mc=attractions

pike51
September 6th, 2011, 07:50 AM
Where in Boone would that be? We don't have power lines.....

well played sir :) But you owe my a new keyboard!!

Redbirdz
September 6th, 2011, 09:24 AM
Mocs, 0-2 after Saturday.

eagle07
September 6th, 2011, 09:38 AM
I expect this to a be a competitive game, if chatty wins, there will be some on this board strutting around like they a championship contender.... i do still believe that they have the potential to trip up anyone in the socon this year, they are not to be overlooked...

chattownmocs
September 6th, 2011, 10:06 AM
I expect this to a be a competitive game, if chatty wins, there will be some on this board strutting around like they a championship contender.... i do still believe that they have the potential to trip up anyone in the socon this year, they are not to be overlooked...

They have the potential to trip anyone up because they are better than anyone else in the SOCON.

TheRevSFA
September 6th, 2011, 10:15 AM
They have the potential to trip anyone up because they are better than anyone else in the SOCON.

I wish I could see the world through rose colored glasses too...

asumike83
September 6th, 2011, 10:18 AM
I wish I could see the world through rose colored glasses too...

Me too... I'm not sure I could call App the best team in the Pioneer League after what I saw on Saturday.

This will be a good game and I doubt it will be decided by more than 7 either way. I'm hoping Chatty can represent for the SoCon, we need it after Week 1.

bjtheflamesfan
September 6th, 2011, 10:19 AM
chattown, remind us when was the last time prior to last year that the team that is "better than anyone else in the SOCON" had a winning record IN the SOCON...

SpeedkingATL
September 6th, 2011, 10:25 AM
I expect a shootout in this one as many UTC games evolve into that. I'll go with the Mocs getting a little revenge and a 38-35 UTC victory. Then I expect UTC to one-up Elon and put a UTC SoCon Champion banner on their website after game #2.

eagle07
September 6th, 2011, 10:49 AM
I suggest a new mascot for chattanooga, the Paradoxataur...... works well with their delusions that won't come true until they give up the high expectations every year

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=paradoxataur

blueballs
September 6th, 2011, 11:28 AM
Waushaun Ealy runs wild against the inexperienced and overmatched Chatty d-line. JSU by 10.

SouthernBugler
September 6th, 2011, 11:29 AM
http://www.jsugamecocksports.com/news/2011/9/2/FB_0902114129.aspx

GaSouthern
September 6th, 2011, 11:41 AM
Whoops

Chatty by 14

FCS_pwns_FBS
September 6th, 2011, 11:51 AM
Chatty in OT.

chattownmocs
September 6th, 2011, 01:11 PM
chattown, remind us when was the last time prior to last year that the team that is "better than anyone else in the SOCON" had a winning record IN the SOCON...

I dont remember claiming that they were the best in previous years. I said this year.

chattownmocs
September 6th, 2011, 01:13 PM
This aint 2007 Chattanooga, it aint 2010 Chattanooga, and it sure as hell aint UT-Martin. 31-14 Chattanooga and it wont be as close as the score suggests.

Skjellyfetti
September 6th, 2011, 01:27 PM
Waushaun Ealy runs wild against the inexperienced and overmatched Chatty d-line. JSU by 10.

He didn't have a lot of running room last weekend. 13 rushes, 41 yards, long of 12 yards.

I think Chattanooga's D is better than UT Martin's.

chattanoogamocs
September 7th, 2011, 04:39 AM
He didn't have a lot of running room last weekend. 13 rushes, 41 yards, long of 12 yards.

I think Chattanooga's D is better than UT Martin's.

Rep Points Given!

(I hope the Mocs D is better than UTM...or they are going to be in big trouble)

BTW Manbear, it is the Mocs OLine that is inexperienced, the DLine is in pretty good shape.

chattanoogamocs
September 7th, 2011, 04:42 AM
BTW...looking forward to a very exciting home opener. It is critical the Mocs get a win as their 3rd OOC game is no cakewalk either (at EKU).

dgtw
September 7th, 2011, 01:19 PM
Unbiased, honest reply from GSU fan:

The Tennessee Aquarium is pretty darn awesome! Plan a few hours around that to make it worth the admission cost.

For good food, I'd suggest Big River Grille as it's just up the road from the aquarium and on the way to the stadium. Sticky Fingers is the local BBQ chain, but it seems to commercial for me now (my opinion)... 212 Market Restaurant and Station House are supp. to be good.

Other than that, there are plenty of civil war memorials, you can check out the Chattanooga Choo Choo, and they have a zoo.

http://www.chattanoogafun.com/attractions/members.asp?category=All&area=All&mc=attractions

We went to Chatty this summer for the weekend and saw the aquarium, Choo Choo, etc. We're just driving up that morning (about a 2.5 hour drive) and back after the game. Really wondering how lively tailgating is around the stadium and how friendly they are to outsiders. Already have a sports bar pegged for lunch and to watch part of the Bama game.

blueballs
September 7th, 2011, 01:34 PM
We went to Chatty this summer for the weekend and saw the aquarium, Choo Choo, etc. We're just driving up that morning (about a 2.5 hour drive) and back after the game. Really wondering how lively tailgating is around the stadium and how friendly they are to outsiders. Already have a sports bar pegged for lunch and to watch part of the Bama game.

Been to Chatty for 3 NC games and a few GSU vs. Chatty regular season games. There's plenty of room around the stadium for tailgating and we never had a problem.

Reign of Terrier
September 7th, 2011, 01:43 PM
Chatty wins..by how much I can't really say. It's a home game, so that should help. I'll say Chatty by 14 at the most. I'm thinking 31-23, with Chatty getting a TD in the final minutes to seemingly put it away

chattownmocs
September 7th, 2011, 03:35 PM
BJ to JB for 150 yards and 2 scores.

Milktruck74
September 7th, 2011, 03:39 PM

There is space to tailgate in the north lot. As far as being friendly to outsiders, I would expect a little "Good Natured" ribbing followed by a invite to enjoy some beers. I would be VERY shocked if you experienced anything else. You can walk over to T-Bones bar on the northwest corner of the parking lot, they will have the Bama game going, or walk into the pavilion and a few TVs will be at the Tailgating set ups. Enjoy Chattanooga before the game, because it isn't near as fun after a LOSS!!!! (I fully expect some one to say "I should know").

bjtheflamesfan
September 7th, 2011, 04:00 PM
This aint 2007 Chattanooga, it aint 2010 Chattanooga, and it sure as hell aint UT-Martin. 31-14 Chattanooga and it wont be as close as the score suggests.

I only bring that up because you should moderate your rhetoric sometimes...you had back to back winning seasons (barely) and you had your first above .500 in the SOCON for the first time since 1991...Liberty has had more winning seasons in the last 5 years, then the Mocs have had in the last 15! The Mecca hasnt seen back to back winning seasons in conference since 1990 and 1991. They havent had back to back "assured" winning seasons (2 games or more above .500) since 1982 and 1983 (to put that in perspective, those were the years I and my younger sister, respectively, WERE BORN!) So before you go crowing about how "great" your team is...how about you actually do something that you havent done in my sentient lifetime before you go talking about how youre better than the ENTIRE REST OF YOUR CONFERENCE

Well whaddaya know...1000 Posts...HECK YEAH!

Redbirdz
September 7th, 2011, 04:03 PM
Mocking birds lose 34-24.

boonegoon
September 7th, 2011, 04:58 PM

To be honest, I never thought much of Chattanooga before. I was lucky enough to go to 2 championship games but thought the city was ehhh. But, I ran some trail race out at Raccoon Mtn, had a great dinner across the river and had a really nice time. Hope you guys do to.

boonegoon
September 7th, 2011, 04:59 PM
BJ to JB for 150 yards and 2 scores.

BJ to boonegoon for .....

chattownmocs
September 7th, 2011, 06:14 PM
I only bring that up because you should moderate your rhetoric sometimes...you had back to back winning seasons (barely) and you had your first above .500 in the SOCON for the first time since 1991...Liberty has had more winning seasons in the last 5 years, then the Mocs have had in the last 15! The Mecca hasnt seen back to back winning seasons in conference since 1990 and 1991. They havent had back to back "assured" winning seasons (2 games or more above .500) since 1982 and 1983 (to put that in perspective, those were the years I and my younger sister, respectively, WERE BORN!) So before you go crowing about how "great" your team is...how about you actually do something that you havent done in my sentient lifetime before you go talking about how youre better than the ENTIRE REST OF YOUR CONFERENCE

I couldn't care less about liberty. You aren't going to find me anywhere near a liberty thread unless they are playing Chattanooga or someone I despise. It's a shame Chattanooga football has been so bad for so long. It should have been good the whole time. But it wasnt. But now it is. And guess what, I think Chattanooga has the best team in the Southern Conference. I guess what else, I don't really care whether you like it or not. So go Watch Pat Robertson and the 700 club and continue to get rich off your false Doctrine.

Reign of Terrier
September 7th, 2011, 09:25 PM
I couldn't care less about liberty. You aren't going to find me anywhere near a liberty thread unless they are playing Chattanooga or someone I despise. It's a shame Chattanooga football has been so bad for so long. It should have been good the whole time. But it wasnt. But now it is. And guess what, I think Chattanooga has the best team in the Southern Conference. I guess what else, I don't really care whether you like it or not. So go Watch Pat Robertson and the 700 club and continue to get rich off your false Doctrine.

So how does it feel knowing that a team that won 2 games last season (if that) scored more points on Wofford's defense saturday than Chatty did last year?

chattownmocs
September 8th, 2011, 10:01 AM
So how does it feel knowing that a team that won 2 games last season (if that) scored more points on Wofford's defense saturday than Chatty did last year?

It makes me feel like Wofford must suck pretty bad this year.

bjtheflamesfan
September 8th, 2011, 10:39 AM
The same Wofford that dropped 48 on "the best team in the SOCON"? If they suck, then you guys must be at the bottom of the well

chattownmocs
September 8th, 2011, 11:06 AM
The same Wofford that dropped 48 on "the best team in the SOCON"? If they suck, then you guys must be at the bottom of the well

Wrong again. Wofford and Chattanooga have not played this season. So your assertion is false again Pat. And Chattanooga will prove that they arent the same team when the time come, just as wofford proved they werent the same team Chattanooga blew out in 09, last year.

Gamecocks99
September 8th, 2011, 11:06 AM
It is great that you have a passion for Mocs football. Because I have the same passion about Jax State.

But it sounds like someone has stolen your joy today?

False Doctrine ? Think about these scriptures

The fruit of the righteous is a tree of life; and he that winneth souls is wise.
Proverbs 11:30

I would think that they win more souls each day than me and you and probably everyone on this board put together.

&

Saying, Touch not mine anointed, and do my prophets no harm.
1 Chronicles 16:22

You may not agree with them. And that is ok. But for me personally I would not judge them

By the way JSU by 3 1/2. Jax State has a lot of talent that has not been unwrapped yet

You guys have a wonderful city and a very classy stadium. You can feel the history when you walk in the gate. My family had a great time year before last. The game should be a barn burner.
Your QB is the Real Deal.

Have Great Day !

chattownmocs
September 8th, 2011, 11:18 AM
It is great that you have a passion for Mocs football. Because I have the same passion about Jax State.

But it sounds like someone has stolen your joy today?

False Doctrine ? Think about these scriptures

The fruit of the righteous is a tree of life; and he that winneth souls is wise.
Proverbs 11:30

I would think that they win more souls each day than me and you and probably everyone on this board put together.

&

Saying, Touch not mine anointed, and do my prophets no harm.
1 Chronicles 16:22

You may not agree with them. And that is ok. But for me personally I would not judge them

By the way JSU by 3 1/2. Jax State has a lot of talent that has not been unwrapped yet

You guys have a wonderful city and a very classy stadium. You can feel the history when you walk in the gate. My family had a great time year before last. The game should be a barn burner.
Your QB is the Real Deal.

Have Great Day !

What does scripture say about false prophets?

bjtheflamesfan
September 8th, 2011, 02:52 PM
Wrong again. Wofford and Chattanooga have not played this season. So your assertion is false again Pat. And Chattanooga will prove that they arent the same team when the time come, just as wofford proved they werent the same team Chattanooga blew out in 09, last year.

My assertion was not false because I know that Wofford and the Mocs havent played this year...but the best team in a conference doesnt get plastered by 5+ TDs by another team in the same conference.

Gamecocks99
September 8th, 2011, 06:19 PM
What is false about them?

Reign of Terrier
September 8th, 2011, 06:40 PM
It makes me feel like Wofford must suck pretty bad this year.

keep thinking that.....

Reign of Terrier
September 8th, 2011, 06:42 PM

baha. Apples and Oranges. In 2009 Wofford got the crap beaten out of them by an average Chatty team because we were depleted by injuries. Wofford beat the crap out of an average Chatty team the next year. We bring back 8 offensive starters. If I was Coleman I would invest in some painkiller because he's going to be on his back a lot this season

chattownmocs
September 8th, 2011, 06:47 PM
My assertion was not false because I know that Wofford and the Mocs havent played this year...but the best team in a conference doesnt get plastered by 5+ TDs by another team in the same conference.

I think you are right again, but still confused when the game occured. LAST YEAR. So again, FAIL.

chattownmocs
September 8th, 2011, 06:49 PM
baha. Apples and Oranges. In 2009 Wofford got the crap beaten out of them by an average Chatty team because we were depleted by injuries. Wofford beat the crap out of an average Chatty team the next year. We bring back 8 offensive starters. If I was Coleman I would invest in some painkiller because he's going to be on his back a lot this season

Well see you wofford boys in the last game. We may even rest our starters since the SOCON will probably be wrapped up.

Skjellyfetti
September 8th, 2011, 06:50 PM
the best team in a conference doesnt get plastered by 5+ TDs by another team in the same conference.

Wofford won a share of the SoCon title last year and got plastered by 30 points by App State.

Reign of Terrier
September 8th, 2011, 06:58 PM
Well see you wofford boys in the last game. We may even rest our starters since the SOCON will probably be wrapped up.

How many times has Chatty won the conference?

Reign of Terrier
September 8th, 2011, 06:58 PM
Wofford won a share of the SoCon title last year and got plastered by 30 points by App State.

and that same team plastered Chattanooga the very next week. Each your heart out Chatty.

chattanoogamocs
September 8th, 2011, 07:17 PM
How many times has Chatty won the conference?

One more than Wofford (oops ;))

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Southern_Conference_football_champions

chattanoogamocs
September 8th, 2011, 07:20 PM
It never ceases to amaze me how many people take such obvious bait so easily. You guys must be really bored to keep this going so long.

Reign of Terrier
September 8th, 2011, 07:39 PM
One more than Wofford (oops ;))

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Southern_Conference_football_champions

ah. 4 championships in 34 years to 3 championships in 8. I like our rate better. My point originally was, if you've won championships before act like you've been there (but then again you really haven't), and you haven't.....well shut up :)

chattownmocs
September 8th, 2011, 07:50 PM
ah. 4 championships in 34 years to 3 championships in 8. I like our rate better. My point originally was, if you've won championships before act like you've been there (but then again you really haven't), and you haven't.....well shut up :)

Blah blah blah.. How many of those titles were actually legit? Meaning you didnt lose to the team you tied with? Thats what I thought? The bottom line is simple. Chattanooga is better than Wofford or anyone else in the SOCON in 2011. They dont need history, they dont need any of it. This isnt major college footba or the NFL. Things can change in a hurry and they have. Chattanooga is back. End of story.

Reign of Terrier
September 8th, 2011, 07:58 PM
Blah blah blah.. How many of those titles were actually legit? Meaning you didnt lose to the team you tied with? Thats what I thought? The bottom line is simple. Chattanooga is better than Wofford or anyone else in the SOCON in 2011. They dont need history, they dont need any of it. This isnt major college footba or the NFL. Things can change in a hurry and they have. Chattanooga is back. End of story.

xlolxxlolxxlolxxlolxxlolxxlolxxlolxxlolx 45-14

bjtheflamesfan
September 8th, 2011, 08:22 PM
http://www.istockphoto.com/file_thumbview_approve/5838804/2/istockphoto_5838804-shooting-fish-in-a-barrel.jpg

(sits back and watches the fun

GunsAndGuitars
September 8th, 2011, 08:54 PM
http://www.istockphoto.com/file_thumbview_approve/5838804/2/istockphoto_5838804-shooting-fish-in-a-barrel.jpg

(sits back and watches the fun

Only thing I need now is a beer...and that's about to be arranged.

chattanoogamocs
September 8th, 2011, 10:17 PM

You asked the question...sorry that the history of the SoCon is only 8 seasons to Wofford fans. (shrugs)

I am not even sure why I am posting, this whole thread is moronic at best. :)

Reign of Terrier
September 9th, 2011, 06:34 AM
You asked the question...sorry that the history of the SoCon is only 8 seasons to Wofford fans. (shrugs)

I am not even sure why I am posting, this whole thread is moronic at best. :)

Sorry that the success of Chattanooga's football program is ancient history (at best)

chattownmocs
September 9th, 2011, 07:37 AM
http://www.timesfreepress.com/news/2011/sep/09/sec-to-fcs-big-impact/?sportscollege

Huesman take a subtle shot at Crowe....

UTC coach Russ Huesman has said he won't take transfers with baggage, regardless of their credentials.

chattownmocs
September 9th, 2011, 07:40 AM
Joedan Tippit ready to forget about injury plagued 2010.

http://www.timesfreepress.com/news/2011/sep/08/looking-forward/?sportscollege

JaxSinfonian
September 9th, 2011, 07:44 AM
I'm sorry to interrupt the intra-conference hatefest, but I happened to look at the thread title and realized most of the discussion here hasn't been about the stated topic.

So, if you guys have about wrapped up exactly how irrelevant you think each SoCon program is, perhaps you'd like to consider an early-season, inter-conference battle between two top 25 teams who are geographically close and who have faced each other a respectable 35 times.

I'm headed to the game on Saturday, hoping to see a Gamecock team that's fixed what was so obviously wrong in the opener. If the offensive line can give them a chance, the super-talented running backs and a young sophomore QB with loads of potential making his first start could give JSU plenty of options to score. The defense, meanwhile, needs to wrap up tackles and actually cover receivers. Otherwise Mr. Coleman & co. could have a big day.

I think the Gamecocks overcome some lingering issues on the shoulders of Coty Blanchard, who rises to the occasion. Still, I'm gonna miss having this guy on the field:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tjNHRvxWTOU

GunsAndGuitars
September 9th, 2011, 07:50 AM
http://www.timesfreepress.com/news/2011/sep/09/sec-to-fcs-big-impact/?sportscollege

UTC coach Russ Huesman has said he won't take transfers with baggage, regardless of their credentials.

Well I'll give him credit. He isn't a classless guy, unlike...oh this isn't the smack forum.

chattownmocs
September 9th, 2011, 07:59 AM
Go Blue, Be Gold

If you are sitting on the South side(pressbox) wear Gold. Noth side wear blue. They will have 3,000 shirts of each available at the game. Also they will be distibuting 3,500 thunder sticks. I expect a crowd of near 20,000.

JaxSinfonian
September 9th, 2011, 08:03 AM
Well, if Huesman doesn't think he can do for players who've made mistakes what JSU and Crowe can, I don't blame him.

Meanwhile, if the Gamecocks manage to win tomorrow, I don't think it'll be because of Washaun Ealey or Clarence Jackson (who probably won't even play). It'll be because of Blanchard, who passed up a chance at SEC and then pro baseball to play both sports at the school where his dad played. It'll be because of Calvin Middleton, who's been scoring touchdowns for the Gamecocks since he was a freshman. It'll be because a crew of unheralded young lineman give those guys time & space to do something. And it'll because of our defensive stars like Rodney Garrott & Monte Lewis, who also have been with the team their entire college careers.

UCMoc
September 9th, 2011, 08:38 AM
Well, if Huesman doesn't think he can do for players who've made mistakes what JSU and Crowe can, I don't blame him.

Meanwhile, if the Gamecocks manage to win tomorrow, I don't think it'll be because of Washaun Ealey or Clarence Jackson (who probably won't even play). It'll be because of Blanchard, who passed up a chance at SEC and then pro baseball to play both sports at the school where his dad played. It'll be because of Calvin Middleton, who's been scoring touchdowns for the Gamecocks since he was a freshman. It'll be because a crew of unheralded young lineman give those guys time & space to do something. And it'll because of our defensive stars like Rodney Garrot Garrott & Monte Lewis, who also have been with the team their entire college careers.

Jax,
Having seen you guys in person last year, and having watched the UT-Martin game online this year, I'd have to agree with you. It isn't the transfers who scare me (though, let's be honest, Ealey could show up and change the game). Blanchard has a big upside, and I'm not sure that you lose much with him as your starter. I think it just changes your approach some.

I am looking forward to a great game and hopefully a great crowd on Saturday. Admittedly, I would like to see us get some revenge for last year, but it won't come easy.

Cocky
September 9th, 2011, 08:46 AM

But what about the baggage a transfer causes once he is at Chatty. Huesman has no problem retaining a player.
Baggage is baggage no matter where it occured.

Huesman is just making an excuse for his failures.

chattownmocs
September 9th, 2011, 08:56 AM
But what about the baggage a transfer causes once he is at Chatty. Huesman has no problem retaining a player.
Baggage is baggage no matter where it occured.

Huesman is just making an excuse for his failures.

Bahahha. He has been there 2 years and is on a path to do exactly what he wants to at Chattanooga which is restore the glory. He does have a problem retaining a player. He harshly punishes players for their transgressions. He doesnt take leftovers that showed no regard for discipline at their previous school and then pretend to have rehabilitated them because they had great careers.

realgsu
September 9th, 2011, 09:03 AM
I need the Mocs to beat up on JSU for us next week. JSU 31 Mocs 10

asumike83
September 9th, 2011, 09:06 AM

To be fair, the journalist wrote that and it is not a direct quote. The only direct quote from Coach Huesman is "There's a big tipping point, and the tipping point is how it affects the chemistry on your football team". That is a perfectly reasonable statement, I really don't think he's taking a shot at Crowe or JSU. Crowe also seemed very complimentary of B.J. Coleman.

UCMoc
September 9th, 2011, 09:21 AM
To be fair, the journalist wrote that and it is not a direct quote. The only direct quote from Coach Huesman is "There's a big tipping point, and the tipping point is how it affects the chemistry on your football team". That is a perfectly reasonable statement, I really don't think he's taking a shot at Crowe or JSU. Crowe also seemed very complimentary of B.J. Coleman.

I agree, the issue is that when you have people who are looking for trash talk, they find it everywhere.

dgtw
September 9th, 2011, 03:00 PM
The UTC website said it costs $10 to park at the stadium. I'm cheap and don't mind walking a bit. Any suggestions?

UCMoc
September 9th, 2011, 03:07 PM
The UTC website said it costs $10 to park at the stadium. I'm cheap and don't mind walking a bit. Any suggestions?

If you go across Broad Street, there are usually some spots at a bank or restaurant for free. Depending on how early you get there, you may even find street parking not too far away.

LeadBolt
September 9th, 2011, 03:07 PM

It depends on whether you're packing or not....

Cocky
September 9th, 2011, 04:01 PM
It depends on whether you're packing or not....

Chattanooga that tough?

Milktruck74
September 9th, 2011, 04:49 PM
Chattanooga that tough?

No. I feel comfortable with my wife and her friends on the Southside. It use to be a bit rough, but you won't be alone...there will be 15-17000 people leaving the stadium in the dark too (the odds are in your favor, hahaha). Honestly, use your head, if it looks too bad, dont park there.

dgtw
September 9th, 2011, 05:18 PM
After consulting with upper management, we've decided to go to T-bones to watch Aubrun and Alabama games. We called and they said we could leave our car there for the game but needed to arrive early.

I actually like Chattanooga (used to live in Knoxville and passed through there a lot) and am considering moving there one day, so I'm looking forward to the trip and the game.

citdog
September 9th, 2011, 09:09 PM
Other than that, there are plenty of WAR FOR SOUTHERN INDEPENDENCE, WAR AGAINST THE STATES, THE LATE UNPLEASANTNESS, WAR OF YANKEE INSOLENCE, WAR BETWIXT THE STATES, SECOND AMERICAN REVOLUTION memorials.

accuracy is essential to liberty

JaxSinfonian
September 9th, 2011, 09:44 PM
(... let's be honest, Ealey could show up and change the game).

Agreed. I hope he does.

Blanchard has a big upside, and I'm not sure that you lose much with him as your starter. I think it just changes your approach some.

And agreed.

Meanwhile, this UTC squad appears to be pretty much the same team that was clearly capable of beating Jax State last year. As of now, Chattanooga appears to be the highest-rated opponent on our schedule, short of Kentucky. This is going to be a doozy tomorrow, I think. Can't wait to see it in person. I always enjoy a trip to Finley! (Hey, it usually means a win for us lately, right?)

chattownmocs
September 9th, 2011, 09:50 PM
Agreed. I hope he does.

And agreed.

Meanwhile, this UTC squad appears to be pretty much the same team that was clearly capable of beating Jax State last year. As of now, Chattanooga appears to be the highest-rated opponent on our schedule, short of Kentucky. This is going to be a doozy tomorrow, I think. Can't wait to see it in person. I always enjoy a trip to Finley! (Hey, it usually means a win for us lately, right?)

Im Very confident the Mocs will own you. I dont think you should make the trip.

JaxSinfonian
September 9th, 2011, 09:57 PM
Im Very confident the Mocs will own you. I dont think you should make the trip.

Sorry. Coming anyway. I'm gonna eat your food, drink your beer, attract the lustful glances of your women, watch my team beat your team, then take a dump in your aquarium.

Hope you can make it down for the return game in J'ville next year. I plan on doing all of the above, but I'll need you to take something back to the aquarium for me.

Redbirdz
September 9th, 2011, 11:18 PM
Don't think there is a return game next year. This is the last of the series with Jax State clearly the dominant team over the past 6 years.

JaxSinfonian
September 9th, 2011, 11:41 PM
Don't think there is a return game next year. This is the last of the series with Jax State clearly the dominant team over the past 6 years.

They're not getting out of it that easy.

http://www.gomocs.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=17700&ATCLID=205214169

Mocs Announce Future Non-Conference Football Games

Sept. 1 - at South Florida
Sept. 8 - at Jacksonville State
Sept. 15 - Presbyterian

Gil Dobie
September 10th, 2011, 07:20 AM
Jax St 21, Chatty 20

blueballs
September 10th, 2011, 08:55 AM
Sorry. Coming anyway. I'm gonna eat your food, drink your beer, attract the lustful glances of your women, watch my team beat your team, then take a dump in your aquarium.

Hope you can make it down for the return game in J'ville next year. I plan on doing all of the above, but I'll need you to take something back to the aquarium for me.

This, friends, is one of the greatest posts in the history of the board. Kudos!!!!!!!!!!

UCMoc
September 10th, 2011, 09:21 AM

This is the dumbest post ever. Everybody knows the aquarium closes way before the game will be over!

In fairness, my rule on smack is if you can make the people it is aimed at laugh, you win. Nice work sir.

citdog
September 10th, 2011, 09:36 AM
This, friends, is one of the greatest posts in the history of the board. Kudos!!!!!!!!!!

it was a good post for which he received reppies from me for but obviously you are not familiar with the cap'n, lizrdgizrd, ursus, or any of the other FCS Secessionists. search for the thread "Dingleberry Martin and FU show how much they suck".

chattanoogamocs
September 10th, 2011, 12:26 PM
This is the dumbest post ever. Everybody knows the aquarium closes way before the game will be over!

In fairness, my rule on smack is if you can make the people it is aimed at laugh, you win. Nice work sir.

+1 (both posts)

Though what I hope happens is that he eats some undercooked meat, drinks skunky beer, throws up on a fat girl, gets arrested and thrown in the drunk tank and has to take a runny crap in front 20 cellmates (because of the aforementioned undercooked meat). All that suffering, only to watch his team loses 28-17 (and the beloved Southerners only get to play 4 minutes at the half).

chattanoogamocs
September 10th, 2011, 05:25 PM
Mocs get on the board first.

JSU 0
UC 7
7:25 1st quarter

chattownmocs
September 10th, 2011, 05:37 PM
7-7 4:28 1st

chattownmocs
September 10th, 2011, 06:03 PM
14-14 13:00 2nd

chattownmocs
September 10th, 2011, 06:21 PM
17-14 mocs 6:00 2nd quarter

chattownmocs
September 10th, 2011, 06:40 PM
23-17 Mocs 1:02 2nd

chattownmocs
September 10th, 2011, 06:47 PM
23-17 half

This is Chattanooga's game. They are the superior football team. I expect them to win this going away.

Milktruck74
September 10th, 2011, 07:16 PM
31-17 Mocs in the 3rd. Chattown, how bout that line??? are they letting BJ have the time he needs...Blocking for the run?

chattownmocs
September 10th, 2011, 07:23 PM
31-17 Mocs in the 3rd. Chattown, how bout that line??? are they letting BJ have the time he needs...Blocking for the run?

I never commented on their potential. Simply stated they werent good last week. Also added that the competition had alot to do with it.

chattownmocs
September 10th, 2011, 07:37 PM
31-17 end 3rd. FINISH

Milktruck74
September 10th, 2011, 07:48 PM
31-17 end 3rd. FINISH

AMEN

chattownmocs
September 10th, 2011, 08:00 PM
6:45 to go. Same score.

Milktruck74
September 10th, 2011, 08:01 PM
Wes Dothatd Pick six. Mocs lead 38-17

Milktruck74
September 10th, 2011, 08:19 PM
Uh oh!!!! Looks like the Mocs have learned how to finish......

chattownmocs
September 10th, 2011, 08:21 PM
This football game is history. Suck on that Jacksonville State. 38-17 beat down.

chattownmocs
September 10th, 2011, 11:08 PM
Bumped...Are you jax state boys home yet?

dgtw
September 10th, 2011, 11:23 PM
Just got home. Game was great until the second half.

I thought the stadium was very nice. The tail gating area around the stadium was a nice setup, even though no one gave me a beer. Drove around campus a bit, for an urban campus, it was nice looking. The area around the stadium was a dump. We were going to go to T-Bones, but they wouldn't let us in with our son because it was a smoking establishment. Weird law.

Way too many penalties and no defense for the Gamecocks.

Oh, and your music department sucks. The guy playing the national anthem on an electric guitar was terrible. I don't care how many times he's been on CMT they mentioned during his lengthy introduction. It worked for Jimi Hendrix, but not him. I've seen better high school bands than your marching band. Get rid of the flip charts. If you don't know the music (and they only played one song), you don't need to be in the band. Why were the performances limited to four minutes each with nothing else the rest of halftime? Oh, and its traditional for the visiting band to take the field first.

And charging $2.75 for a small paper cup of Coke?

chattownmocs
September 10th, 2011, 11:38 PM
Notes:

Total Yards

Chattanooga 504
Jacksonville State 221 (17 2nd half)

First Downs

Chattanooga 25
Jacksonville State 8

BJ Coleman 23-33 296 yards 2 td 0 INT
Joel Bradford 15 catches 162 yards 1 td

TwoFeathers
September 10th, 2011, 11:44 PM
Wow, Chattownmocs loves stirring the pot... but backs it up this time. Go Mocs!

chattownmocs
September 11th, 2011, 10:10 AM
http://www.gomocs.com/newMediaPlayer/sl/console.htm?id=797816&oemid=17700&SPSID=88681&CLIP_FILE_ID=797816&type=vod&DB_MENU_ID=&SPID=10577&CLIP_ID=785524&DB_OEM_ID=17700

Maroons
September 11th, 2011, 02:22 PM
I'm reading the kind of swagger in these Chattanooga fans normally reserved for AppState/Montana/CAA fans. I'm as impressed by the win over JAX as anyone, but the season is still only two weeks old.

And I concede that the Mocs are the favorites coming into Richmond next weekend, but isn't it a little early in the season to tell the rest of the SoCon to watch out?

xcoffeex

T-Dog
September 11th, 2011, 02:40 PM
Fear not FCS fans, the Mocs are 13 days away from a trip up the mountain and we'll test that new-found swagger.

UCMoc
September 11th, 2011, 02:51 PM
I'm reading the kind of swagger in these Chattanooga fans normally reserved for AppState/Montana/CAA fans. I'm as impressed by the win over JAX as anyone, but the season is still only two weeks old.

And I concede that the Mocs are the favorites coming into Richmond next weekend, but isn't it a little early in the season to tell the rest of the SoCon to watch out?
xcoffeex
What you are reading is one Vol fan who has hitched his wagons to the Mocs. The rest of us are cautiously optimistic at this point.

Iam4Mocs
September 11th, 2011, 02:53 PM
What you are reading is one Vol fan who has hitched his wagons to the Mocs. The rest of us are cautiously optimistic at this point.

+1

chattanoogamocs
September 11th, 2011, 03:02 PM

xcoffeex

I always love it when someone reads the crazy arrogant rantings of one poster (whose sole reason for posting it to flame other fans) and suddenly it becomes "these Chattanooga fans". ONE does not equal ALL.

chattanoogamocs
September 11th, 2011, 03:07 PM
That being said, I hope people keep discounting the Mocs (because they don't like Chattownmocs)...they manhandled a top 10 team and there was barely a mention of it (hell, if you read the SoCon Scores posts, you wouldn't have even known the Mocs played...if not for me mentioning it). That's cool with me, I hope the Mocs continue to play well and just keep flying under the radar. Mocs have the toughest schedule in the SoCon (no cupcakes in the OOC + having to go to both GSU and ASU), so they will have to play extremely well to have any shot at the playoffs.

chattownmocs
September 11th, 2011, 03:14 PM
Yep just me....... And I stand by my prediction of at least 9-2.

Maroons
September 11th, 2011, 04:18 PM
I always love it when someone reads the crazy arrogant rantings of one poster (whose sole reason for posting it to flame other fans) and suddenly it becomes "these Chattanooga fans". ONE does not equal ALL.

Fair enough.

How do EKU and Chatty match up?

gomocs82
September 11th, 2011, 05:18 PM
Oh, and your music department sucks. The guy playing the national anthem on an electric guitar was terrible. I don't care how many times he's been on CMT they mentioned during his lengthy introduction. It worked for Jimi Hendrix, but not him. I've seen better high school bands than your marching band. Get rid of the flip charts. If you don't know the music (and they only played one song), you don't need to be in the band. Why were the performances limited to four minutes each with nothing else the rest of halftime? Oh, and its traditional for the visiting band to take the field first.

1. Guitar anthem---agreed..hated it and so did most of the folks around me.

2. Quality of bands--who cares. It's a football game nobody paid to see the band.

3. Who takes the field first--who cares

38-17---now that I care about. Go Mocs

Mountaineer
September 11th, 2011, 05:47 PM
2. Quality of bands--who cares. It's a football game nobody paid to see the band.

Notice it's always the schools with ***** bands that make this argument. xlolx No, I don't pay to see the band, but they're still one of my favorite parts of game day. They're what makes college football so great.

bjtheflamesfan
September 11th, 2011, 05:58 PM
As someone who was in the band I definitely am going to enjoy watching the band...and Liberty's is definitely on the rise.

noogamoc
September 11th, 2011, 06:52 PM
Our band is certainly no Jax St. But like our team, much better than in the past.

gomocs82
September 11th, 2011, 07:17 PM
Ok, I admit I do like the atmosphere during the game the bands help create. I think our band is certainly adequate, and certainly have a limited budget.

dgtw
September 11th, 2011, 08:08 PM
Notice it's always the schools with ***** bands that make this argument. xlolx No, I don't pay to see the band, but they're still one of my favorite parts of game day. They're what makes college football so great.

My wife marched with the Southerners, so while enjoys the football games, she also loves seeing the halftime show. So she was very disappointed in the abbreviated halftime show.

No, it really doesn't matter who goes first. but considering she said she had never seen the home band go first, it is a bit odd.