PDA

View Full Version : Georgetown Blue-Gray game tomorrow

LBPop
April 7th, 2006, 04:21 PM
Tomorrow will be our first real look at the new "Coach Kelly Version" of the football Hoyas. Word has it that unlike recent years, this will be a real intrasquad game with two defenses and two offenses. With an offense on the field the entire time, we will probably witness Georgetown's largest point output in years! :D

Should be a lot of fun, although the weather report is calling for rainy, chilly weather. Shouldn't affect the players, but it might limit the crowd. This ol' guy will be there for sure.:nod:

LBPop
April 10th, 2006, 05:28 PM
Hey there, I don't get on the Board as much these days, but I didn't expect this thread to be ignored completely.:bawling:

Georgetown actually played their spring game in the rain, but the new field turf was just fine. I just wanted to get this thread back on the top of the list so nobody forgets the Hoyas. Now I'm gonna go sit in the corner and pout.:( ;) :D

colgate13
April 10th, 2006, 07:07 PM
No need to pout Pop! How did the Kid look?

massdad
April 10th, 2006, 07:35 PM
his kid has had a strong spring....he likes to hit, and did it often! Tell those Raider RBs to tighten their chinstraps when they come up the middle!!!

Fordham
April 10th, 2006, 08:23 PM
good stuff. i guess we can now assume the "pop" in his screen name is really from the sound his kid makes when stuffing dive.

LBPop
April 10th, 2006, 08:28 PM
good stuff. i guess we can now assume the "pop" in his screen name is really from the sound his kid makes when stuffing dive.

More likely the sound coming from my knees when I stand up after watching a football game on a cold, damp day. xlolx

MR. CHICKEN
April 10th, 2006, 09:02 PM
BLUE-GRAY GAME.....WASN'T DAT MO' LIKE UH WAR?.....xlolx....AWK!

DFW HOYA
April 10th, 2006, 09:11 PM
What are other schools doing with promoting their spring game that Georgetown is not?

ngineer
April 10th, 2006, 10:36 PM
Was the O and D 'revamped' at all with the new coaches?? Or are you gonna keep that stuff secret..?:cool:

blukeys
April 11th, 2006, 12:09 AM
What are other schools doing with promoting their spring game that Georgetown is not?

Delaware is moving it's game 90 miles south and playing it 5 miles from our nation's summer Capital (Rehoboth Beach) on Easter weekend.

Anyone wanting to visit Rehoboth Beach is welcome!!!!!

I guess if your are given lemons you need to make lemonade!!!

The Tub is being redone but the Hens will be doing their Blue-White Game at Cape Henlopen High School in Lewes De!! I and my family (including certain Lehigh VALLEY SPIES) will be in attendance. We will introduce my Japanese aunt to her first view of American football and in general have a good time including a good UD tailgate.

It will be a great time for all in honor of My Dad, a UD and GEORGETOWN Alum!!!!

ngineer
April 11th, 2006, 07:41 AM
Delaware is moving it's game 90 miles south and playing it 5 miles from our nation's summer Capital (Rehoboth Beach) on Easter weekend.

Anyone wanting to visit Rehoboth Beach is welcome!!!!!

I guess if your are given lemons you need to make lemonade!!!

The Tub is being redone but the Hens will be doing their Blue-White Game at Cape Henlopen High School in Lewes De!! I and my family (including certain Lehigh VALLEY SPIES) will be in attendance. We will introduce my Japanese aunt to her first view of American football and in general have a good time including a good UD tailgate.

It will be a great time for all in honor of My Dad, a UD and GEORGETOWN Alum!!!!

What's there to spy on--neither we nor the the 'pards are scheduled to play the Hens this year.:(

colgate13
April 11th, 2006, 08:16 AM
What's there to spy on--neither we nor the the 'pards are scheduled to play the Hens this year.:(

It will be the Colgate spies. We've got UD penciled in for a playoff date this year. ;)xlolx:eek:

Fordham
April 11th, 2006, 08:34 AM
2 years ago I would have said "And we can't wait to play the winner", gate13 ... and it would have been a decent piece of one-upsmanship.

... now it just sounds silly.

Man, I can't wait to see us win again.

PS - our spring game is this weekend.

LBPop
April 11th, 2006, 04:01 PM
It will be the Colgate spies. We've got UD penciled in for a playoff date this year. ;)xlolx:eek:

If that one happens and is played in Newark, I would definitely make the trip. :nod:

89Hen
April 12th, 2006, 10:58 AM
If that one happens and is played in Newark, I would definitely make the trip. :nod:
You can ride up with me Pop. Sorry I missed the G'town spring game, but it was really ugly on Saturday.