Wagner @ Richmond

Bye Week
Sacred Heart
Albany
Monmouth

aceinthehole
September 5th, 2011, 10:42 AM
Ugh ... not a good week for the NEC :(

Bryant - Must bounce back at home vs. former NE-10 rival.
James Madison - Too much speed, firepower, and depth for CCSU to match.
Dayton - Dukes let one slip away, and the Flyers are good.
Liberty - Flames don't overlook RMU and take revenge at home.
North Dakota State - SFPA will put up a good effort, but it won't be enough
Richmond - Wagner is a long way from challanging CAA teams

Dane96
September 5th, 2011, 10:48 AM
Bryant vs. American International
CCSU @ James Madison
Duquesne @ Dayton
RMU @ Liberty
SFPA @ North Dakota State
Wagner @ Richmond

GeauxLions94
September 5th, 2011, 11:37 AM
CCSU @ James Madison
Duquesne @ Dayton
RMU @ Liberty
Wagner @ Richmond

Spider
September 5th, 2011, 12:01 PM
Spiders over Wagner.....

401ks
September 5th, 2011, 01:36 PM
CCSU @ James Madison
Duquesne @ Dayton - The Dukes are seriously PISSED OFF, and the Flyers will pay the price.
RMU @ Liberty
Wagner @ Richmond
Bye @ Sacred Heart :p

Go...gate
September 5th, 2011, 04:36 PM
AIC - Bruce Laird's (BALTIMORE Colts) Alma Mater.

thewholebit
September 5th, 2011, 05:25 PM
Week 2 Match Ups
CCSU @ James Madicon
Duquesne @ Dayton
RMU @ Liberty
Wagner @ Richmond

Bye Week
Sacred Heart
Albany
Monmouth

Bryant, JMU, Dayton, Liberty, NDS, Richmond. SFPA may go o'fer this season.

UAalum72
September 5th, 2011, 05:44 PM
SFPA may go o'fer this season.
Well, they've done that five times in the last 16 seasons.

Somebody always says it looks like they're turning it around, and I wish they would, but it hasn't happened yet.

thewholebit
September 5th, 2011, 06:40 PM

Somebody always says it looks like they're turning it around, and I wish they would, but it hasn't happened yet.

Farcical; the school is too small to compete at the FCS level. Should be doing battle with Juniata and W&J.

UAalum72
September 5th, 2011, 08:18 PM
Farcical; the school is too small to compete at the FCS level. Should be doing battle with Juniata and W&J.
Wouldn't help. From the time they revived FB in 1978 thru 1994 as D-III, they were 49-102. Were 0-4 vs. Juniata, outscored 144-9.

crusader11
September 5th, 2011, 08:23 PM
CCSU @ James Madison
Duquesne @ Dayton
RMU @ Liberty
Wagner @ Richmond

Seahawks Fan
September 5th, 2011, 09:22 PM
CCSU @ James Madison
Duquesne @ Dayton
RMU @ Liberty
Wagner @ Richmond

The Cats
September 6th, 2011, 07:13 AM
Bryant
James Madison
Dayton
Liberty
North Dakota State
Richmond

Brad82
September 6th, 2011, 07:21 AM
Bryant
JMU
Dayton
Liberty
NDSU
Richmond

Justin Observation
September 6th, 2011, 08:03 AM
CCSU @ James Madison
Duquesne @ Dayton
RMU @ Liberty
Wagner @ Richmond

Somebody had to pick the Colonials.... Why not me? xshhhx

andy7171
September 6th, 2011, 08:09 AM
Bryant vs. AIC(my highschool QB and WR went to AIC)
CCSU @ JMU
Duquesne @ Dayton
RMU @ Liberty
SFPA @ NDSU
Wagner @ Richmond

M Ruler
September 6th, 2011, 08:56 AM
Bryant: Injuries taking their toll..Maine killed them and heard it wasnt as close as the score
JMU: Possible blow out. CCSU qb got hurt against Southern and their #2 qb struggled.
Dayton: Dayton looks very formidable this year.
Liberty: Forget Duquesne being pissed I am sure Liberty is.
NDSU: Who the hell scheduled this bloodbath???
Richmond: Sky high Spiders

Original_RMC
September 6th, 2011, 10:11 AM

I typically say they are going to turn it around...lol. It would only make the conference stronger

PAllen
September 6th, 2011, 11:28 AM
CCSU @ James Madison
Duquesne @ Dayton
RMU @ Liberty
Wagner @ Richmond

and the dreaded Bye Week over Sacred Heart, Albany, and Monmouth

hidalgo
September 6th, 2011, 11:50 AM
Bryant
james Madison
Duquesne
Liberty
NDSU
Richmond

bjtheflamesfan
September 6th, 2011, 01:22 PM
CCSU @ James Madicon
Duquesne @ Dayton
RMU @ Liberty
Wagner @ Richmond

bjtheflamesfan
September 6th, 2011, 02:28 PM
Just as a friendly reminder from our wonderful administrator, If you are in a Pick Em discussion, make sure to subscribe to it because the threads will be stuck probably two or three at a time for a few days so that people can spot them.

danefan
September 6th, 2011, 03:06 PM
Week 1 Recap:

Week 1 was an absolute terrible week for the NEC. Blown opportunities in two games vs. PL teams and a poor showing by Bryant against Maine.

The Monmouth result was as I expected and while CCSU won, the tale of two halves was dramatic.

RMU looks a little unbalanced without Russ, as expected. Sinclair can't do it all himself. They'll need to find a running game to win the NEC again.

Wagner with a running game is a solid team. The question which seems to always plague Wagner is depth. One or two injuries to key players and their lack of depth tends to show late in the season.

St. Francis - well they're the same old Red Flash.

Sacred Heart is as I expected - bad without Fink.

Based on week 1, I think Albany is the strongest team in the NEC. CCSU with their QB1 is a formidable opponent, but I don't think anyone has the depth that Albany has. Plus Albany's kicking game could be the best kicking game in the entire FCS. Both the punter (Layton) and placekicker (Glass) have NFL quality legs. All you have to do is win 2 out of 3 components of the game to win. Albany will win the Special Teams battle in every game this year. The explosive offense (yes you read that right - Albany's offense is actually explosive) will do damage if it can get on the field. The defense is strong against the run but as usual, suspect to the pass. Colgate won, not only because it killed clock, but because it could pass when it needed to almost without contest.

Week 2 Picks:

Bryant vs. American International - Bryant may have gotten laced by Maine, but they're still better than the NE 10.

CCSU @ James Madison - opening game at the new stadium is too much to overcome for CCSU, especially if their QB1 isn't fully recovered. If its CCSU from the 1st half of last week I'd say its going to be close game. If its CCSU from the 2nd half, I'd say its a 2-3 score game.

Duquesne @ Dayton - Dayton played well against RMU and will be a strong team in the PFL this year. I think Duquesne is out for blood after blowing it at Bucknell. With a full week of practice to fix the issues, I think the Dukes come out on top in a close one.

RMU @ Liberty - Liberty is better than last year and RMU is worse. Liberty in a game that will be close in the first half and open up in the second.

SFPA @ North Dakota State - BLOW OUT.

Wagner @ Richmond - Wagner will keep it tight if they can get the running game going. Richmond in a classic "Trap Game" situation, although I don't think Wagner has the juice to close it out. I'll take Richmond in a game that is closer than any Spider would like.

In summary - another bad week for the NEC..:(

aceinthehole
September 6th, 2011, 03:52 PM
DF - excellent recap and predictions. You are on point with just about everything.

As for CCSU, I would say Jake White (the backup QB) isn't that bad. Sure, he can't run like Gunnar (the starter) so that is limiting our offense, but he has a great arm and composure under center. We also have some great WRs this year. He actually threw 2 TDs in his first half of relief for Gunnar. He did throw 2 INTs in the 2nd half, but they were simply underthrown and its is easily something he can fix with more 1st team reps. Although we have a strong running game on paper, the results vs. Sothern were a little disappointing. If we can't run for first downs against JMU, it could get ugly.

I heard about your great kickers. I am so jealous. There is no doubt in my mind, CCSU will lose at least 1 NEC game this year because of special teams. We can't seem to get the kickoff inside the 20, which is embarrassing. The punter is a Frosh and didn't impress me in the least.

That being said, I like our chances to win the league, but expect Albany, RMU and the Dukes to be formidable opponents.

thewholebit
September 6th, 2011, 06:50 PM
Wouldn't help. From the time they revived FB in 1978 thru 1994 as D-III, they were 49-102. Were 0-4 vs. Juniata, outscored 144-9.

They have a stadium now (the Pine Bowl - come on, seriously!), new field house, weight room, etc. Should be able to bring in D3 kids. I think they could go back and compete.

danefan
September 6th, 2011, 07:37 PM
They have a stadium now (the Pine Bowl - come on, seriously!), new field house, weight room, etc. Should be able to bring in D3 kids. I think they could go back and compete.

Probably would if they could.

WWII
September 6th, 2011, 10:53 PM
Bryant
James Madison
Duquesne
Liberty
NDSU
Richmond

Original_RMC
September 7th, 2011, 07:54 AM
CCSU @ James Madison
Duquesne @ Dayton
RMU @ Liberty
Wagner @ Richmond

Somebody had to pick the Colonials.... Why not me? xshhhx

Welcome to the fun!!!

jayhawkdaddy
September 7th, 2011, 04:57 PM
Bryant
James Madison
Dayton
Liberty
ND State
Richmond

NFLCB2
September 7th, 2011, 11:04 PM
CCSU @ James Madison
Duquesne @ Dayton
RMU @ Liberty
Wagner @ Richmond

In summary "though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy shoulder pads and thy helmet they comfort me"

alvinkayak6
September 7th, 2011, 11:59 PM
I feel like there is a really big opportunity this week for a statement win. Only one of the teams really needs to get the W (RMU over Liberty, SFPA over NDSU, or Wagner over Richmond, or CCSU over JMU). I don't think anybody is going to get it done, but probably the best pick would be RMU over Liberty. Richmond just beat an ACC team, so I'm not holding my breath on that one.

RattlerFan70
September 8th, 2011, 12:34 AM
CCSU @ James Madicon
Duquesne @ Dayton
RMU @ Liberty
Wagner @ Richmond

Original_RMC
September 8th, 2011, 08:58 AM
Bryant @ Home = W especially against a lower level team.

Bryant 42-17

CCSU @ James Madison
CCSU lost their QB but JMU is looking past CCSU and targeting Liberty. Closer than the experts think...

JMU 34-20

Duquesne @ Dayton
Dukes are mad...Dayton is really good. Dayton is going to use their front 4 DL and stunt again and again to get pressure. They will drop 7 and make it tough for Patterson. The Dukes will be able to run the ball and this will be a great battle.
I'm taking the home team

Dayton 23-21

RMU @ Liberty
Liberty is looking for some pay back against the Colonials. The entire football team from Liberty laughed at the Colonials facilites and stadium last year then they got beat. Now Liberty is out for blood. Liberty wanted this game to be played at night and would not change the schedule from a night game. Liberty's head coach said that the Colonials are unorthodox on offense because of their old-school pro style...LMAO.
I expect Liberty to be ready for the Colonials this year and they will try to bully the Colonials around. I think this game will be a battle. Liberty views this game as a cupcake on their schedule...a warm up before their huge home game the following week against JMU.
I expect this game to be close but Liberty at home is too much but you will see a much more improved Colonials team than you saw against Dayton

Liberty 38-27

Golf Clap for SFPA as they tend to travel each year to challenge their team by playing against great programs. Remember the Cal Poly game when SFPA played tough. I think SFPA plays well but just does not have enough hang with NDSU.

NDSU 45-24

Wagner @ Richmond
Richmond beat Duke @ Duke while Wagner needed a late 4th quarter TD to put away SFPA. Richmond strikes early and often but are done before the 4th quarter.

Spiders 35-6

jcmanson
September 8th, 2011, 10:49 AM
Liberty wanted this game to be played at night and would not change the schedule from a night game.

What are you talking about? We always play our home September games at 7pm. You think we would change the time of the game for RMU?

bjtheflamesfan
September 8th, 2011, 10:55 AM
Manson's right...as far back as I can remember we have always had 7 PM home games to open the season

Original_RMC
September 8th, 2011, 12:32 PM
According to Liberty's 2010 schedule, they played their home opener against SFPA at Noon and not at night

jcmanson
September 8th, 2011, 01:18 PM
That game was played at City Stadium not at Williams since Williams wasn't ready after our expansion last year.

blackbeard
September 8th, 2011, 02:10 PM
Bryant
James Madison
Dayton
Liberty
North Dakota State
Richmond

aceinthehole
September 8th, 2011, 06:03 PM
Clearly, this is going to be a very, very tough week for the NEC. The NEC faces four top-25 teams on the road in week 2.

Wagner at #9/11 Richmond
Saint Francis at #11/8 North Dakota State
Central Connecticut at #19/17 James Madison
Robert Morris at #24/21 Liberty

(TSN Poll/Coaches Poll)

hidalgo
September 10th, 2011, 03:08 PM
The Duquesne Dukes pick up a nice road win over the Dayton flyers.......Larry McCoy over 100 yards, Sean Patterson over 300 total yards. 22-13

Seahawks Fan
September 10th, 2011, 03:12 PM
Nice win by Duquesne.

401ks
September 10th, 2011, 03:37 PM
Whew!

This week the Dukes played just well enough to win. Last week they played just poor enough to lose.

Dayton is a decent team, but Duquesne would have lost to any playoff-caliber team today. The Dukes kept giving the Flyers opportunities, and the Flyers kept squandering those opportunities.

Duquesne needs to tighten things up if they hope to have any chance at the NEC title.

bjtheflamesfan
September 10th, 2011, 04:40 PM
And any hope of Dayton being ranked just got flushed down the toilet today

DetroitFlyer
September 10th, 2011, 06:22 PM
Dayton's new QB and his receivers struggled today. They will get better as the season goes on.... Duquesne made the plays when they needed to today while the Flyers did not. I think that Dayton will improve as the season wears on. Duquesne may get a bit better as well. We are only two games into the season. A bit early to say the Flyers will not be ranked by the end....

Dane96
September 10th, 2011, 06:42 PM
NM

aceinthehole
September 10th, 2011, 09:56 PM
Disapointing efforts by RMU and St. Francis. However, GREAT efforts by CCSU and Wagner. Central visits Wagner next week.

CCSU was down 7-3 to #19 JUM with less than 4 minutes left in the game. JMU wins by a final 14-9.

Wagner was down 14-6 to #9 Richmond at the end of 3 quarters. Richmond wins by a final 21-6.

busybee14
September 11th, 2011, 11:09 AM
Nice win by Duquesne.Ditto that.Did you watch the richmond on line stream ? If so Any thoughts on production value/audio ?I expected way more.