PDA

View Full Version : NDSU confirms home games with Western Carolina in 13 and Robert Morris in 12.

Twentysix
September 4th, 2011, 06:54 PM
Sep 1 ROBERT MORRIS
Sep 8 at Colorado State
-open date-
Sep 29 at Northern Iowa
Oct 6 YOUNGSTOWN STATE
Oct 13 INDIANA STATE
Oct 20 at South Dakota
Oct 27 SOUTHERN ILLINOIS
Nov 3 at Missouri State
Nov 10 SOUTH DAKOTA STATE
Nov 17 at Illinois State

Aug 31 at Kansas State
Sep 7 MONTANA STATE
Sep 21 WESTERN CAROLINA
Sep 28 at South Dakota State
Oct 5 NORTHERN IOWA
Oct 12 MISSOURI STATE
Oct 19 at Southern Illinois
Oct 26 at Indiana State
Nov 9 ILLINOIS STATE
Nov 16 at Youngstown State
Nov 23 SOUTH DAKOTA

Originally posted by RoadWarrior on bisonville.

Gil Dobie
September 4th, 2011, 07:06 PM
I hope they can fill that open date in 2012 with a winnable game, otherwise there is a chance to start the season at 1-2, just like 2009. That early season UNI game on the road could be a season changer.

Twentysix
September 4th, 2011, 07:10 PM
I hope they can fill that open date in 2012 with a winnable game, otherwise there is a chance to start the season at 1-2, just like 2009. That early season UNI game on the road could be a season changer.

Maybe Ga State will make the trip when southern would not..? They seem to want to earn credibility Going on the road to NDSU would be a start. :)

Thumper 76
September 4th, 2011, 07:14 PM
Way to keep with the really tough OOC games guys!!xrotatehx

Twentysix
September 4th, 2011, 07:16 PM

When your school builds a new stadium you will understand(assuming you collect alot at the gate). Till then just nod and smile and enjoy your mud hole.

JSUBison
September 4th, 2011, 07:42 PM
Really like the 2013 schedule, I'm thinking NDSU will break their regular season attendance record.

Bison Fan in NW MN
September 4th, 2011, 10:14 PM

This coming from a fan of a school that has just recently had a game against a D3 school..Wis-LaCrosse.....whatever!.....and lost!

darell1976
September 4th, 2011, 10:19 PM
Too bad UND has San Diego State on Sept. 15th or else that would be a good time to restart the rivalry. Does NDSU always have OOC FCS games at the dome? I see they played at Sam Houston St in 2009 but before that 2005. I think NDSU could get a game at a powerhouse team out east if they tried. NDSU at App St. would be a great matchup.

Thumper 76
September 4th, 2011, 11:26 PM
This coming from a fan of a school that has just recently had a game against a D3 school..Wis-LaCrosse.....whatever!.....and lost!

recently? I guess, I mean I think it was over 5 years ago during transition. And I believe anyone in FCS who pays attentions knows that SDSU has one of the country's toughest schedules year in and year out OOC. So, we've had a creampuff once, and you make it a regular thing.

Gil Dobie
September 5th, 2011, 07:43 AM
Too bad UND has San Diego State on Sept. 15th or else that would be a good time to restart the rivalry. Does NDSU always have OOC FCS games at the dome? I see they played at Sam Houston St in 2009 but before that 2005. I think NDSU could get a game at a powerhouse team out east if they tried. NDSU at App St. would be a great matchup.

NDSU has been to Georgia Southern, Weber St and Montana St, plus several of the Southland conference (Northwestern St, Nichols, Sam Houston St and SFA).

RabidRabbit
September 5th, 2011, 08:51 AM
NDSU has had in 3 NEC schools, a MEAC, and now add the traditional SoCon dweller. NDSU is fortunate to have the resources/support to buy one and dones.

The good news is I have not seen any NDSU deals for home/home that haven't been met by NDSU.

BisonBacker
September 5th, 2011, 12:03 PM
NDSU has tried scheduling many "powerhouse" teams but several have backed out. If SDSU had the financial ability they would also schedule home games such as these. Not a knock on SDSU either just a fact you dont have the numbers at home games like NDSU or Montana or Appy and other schools who have good attendance at thier games. If that day ever comes for SDSU you will be eating your words.

Bison Fan in NW MN
September 5th, 2011, 12:38 PM
NDSU has had in 3 NEC schools, a MEAC, and now add the traditional SoCon dweller. NDSU is fortunate to have the resources/support to buy one and dones.

The good news is I have not seen any NDSU deals for home/home that haven't been met by NDSU.

Georgia Southern backed out this year....seems to me that they are not too bad of a program.

As mentioned by others, NDSU has the resources to bring in other FCS schools. As a fan, I like having 6 home games/ year. Teams will not come to Fargo....that is just the way it is...period!

We have home/home with both Montana schools coming up in the next few years. Has either one of them done a home/home with SDSU? You guys have gone out there but they have never come to CAS.

Thundar
September 5th, 2011, 01:40 PM

FBS teams do this EVERY year why cant NDSU????

darell1976
September 5th, 2011, 04:37 PM
NDSU has been to Georgia Southern, Weber St and Montana St, plus several of the Southland conference (Northwestern St, Nichols, Sam Houston St and SFA).

But most of those games was when NDSU was in the Great West and you only had 5 conference teams (after UNC left), I am saying since joining the MVFC they don't go on the road against the elite teams of the FCS (only 2009 at Sam Houston St) and instead play the bottom feeders of the FCS at home just to have 6 games at home. Why isn't Gene Taylor getting the Sam Houston's and the SFA, and the William & Mary type teams out to Fargo instead of the 2 or 3 win teams that people around here haven't even heard of.

Bison Fan in NW MN
September 5th, 2011, 05:02 PM
But most of those games was when NDSU was in the Great West and you only had 5 conference teams (after UNC left), I am saying since joining the MVFC they don't go on the road against the elite teams of the FCS (only 2009 at Sam Houston St) and instead play the bottom feeders of the FCS at home just to have 6 games at home. Why isn't Gene Taylor getting the Sam Houston's and the SFA, and the William & Mary type teams out to Fargo instead of the 2 or 3 win teams that people around here haven't even heard of.

SHSU and SFA were home/home games.....along with Nichols and NW Louisiana. The Bison did travel to other FCS programs....they went to Montana State also and Georgia Southern.

With 8 conference games and 1 FBS games that leaves 2 ooc games. Bison fans want 6 home games annually and NDSU has the resources to bring in 2 teams. UND would do the same thing. We'll see how their future schedules unfold now that they are playoff eligible next year. 7-8 wins to get into the playoffs.....

Thundar
September 5th, 2011, 05:03 PM

Shouldn't you be asking your AD why he cant do the same??? look at your schedule before you mock ours. With that, Georgia Southern the current #2 team in the country was on the schedule for this coming Saturday, they opted to buy out of their game. SFU was the only option that worked at the time.

No_Skill
September 5th, 2011, 05:03 PM

Out of conference there is really no need. We play enough elite teams during conference play to get our SOS up.

darell1976
September 5th, 2011, 05:09 PM
Shouldn't you be asking your AD why he cant do the same??? look at your schedule before you mock ours. With that, Georgia Southern the current #2 team in the country was on the schedule for this coming Saturday, they opted to buy out of their game. SFU was the only option that worked at the time.

2012 has a DII team I wish they got rid of and Central Arkansas (home/home) and at San Diego State. 2013 vs Valpo, Montana (OOC and home/home), and South Dakota St (home/home). 2014 so far is Robert Morris (boy RM is going to know this area really well). So maybe BF is copying GT's idea and just have home games.

darell1976
September 5th, 2011, 05:11 PM
Out of conference there is really no need. We play enough elite teams during conference play to get our SOS up.

Point taken!

Bison Fan in NW MN
September 5th, 2011, 05:20 PM
Point taken!

A few yrs down the road UND's schedules will mirror exactly what NDSU has done. 3 ooc games with one being a FBS school and in most yrs....2 other ooc games.

Hockey is "king" at UND but I believe most UND fans would prefer 6 home games/year.....but maybe not.

Thundar
September 5th, 2011, 05:20 PM
2012 has a DII team I wish they got rid of and Central Arkansas (home/home) and at San Diego State. 2013 vs Valpo, Montana (OOC and home/home), and South Dakota St (home/home). 2014 so far is Robert Morris (boy RM is going to know this area really well). So maybe BF is copying GT's idea and just have home games.

We have Robert Morris, Kansas St, Montana St, Colorado St, Montana in the next few years also

darell1976
September 5th, 2011, 05:23 PM
We have Robert Morris, Kansas St, Montana St, Colorado St, Montana in the next few years also

After what you guys did to their in-state rival last year I think these guys will be prepared like a Big 12 game.

Bison Fan in NW MN
September 5th, 2011, 05:26 PM
I would if they are quality teams and to get rid of those damn NAIA/DII games.

Esp when they don't count towards playoff el.

I'm sure there will not be many of those games after this year...

darell1976
September 5th, 2011, 05:28 PM
A few yrs down the road UND's schedules will mirror exactly what NDSU has done. 3 ooc games with one being a FBS school and in most yrs....2 other ooc games.

Hockey is "king" at UND but I believe most UND fans would prefer 6 home games/year.....but maybe not.

Thats just it there are hockey only fans who get priority (times, dates, and $$$ for scheduling) and those fans like me who cheer for all sports especially football .

darell1976
September 5th, 2011, 05:29 PM
Esp when they don't count towards playoff el.

I'm sure there will not be many of those games after this year...

I noticed that NDSU doesn't play the DII/NAIA teams I wish we would copy that!!! Could you imgaine the score of NDSU-MSUM, or NDSU vs Bemidji State? YIKES!

JSUBison
September 5th, 2011, 06:11 PM
NDSU is just following the lead of the App State, Georgia Southerns type schools of the FCS community. It's really no different. App State plays NC AT&T along with Savannah State. Those two schools are the very definition of tomato can. GSU plays some DII and a FCS dog.

TheBisonator
September 5th, 2011, 07:05 PM
NDSU plays the following teams in OOC from 2012 to 2015:

Home:

Robert Morris
Western Carolina
Montana
Montana State

Away:

Colorado State
Iowa State
Kansas State
Montana
Montana State

Just need three more games to schedule. (two homes and a road FBS)

darell1976
September 5th, 2011, 07:07 PM

Home:

Robert Morris
Western Carolina
Montana
Montana State

Away:

Colorado State
Iowa State
Kansas State
Montana
Montana State

Just need three more games to schedule.

Big games at the dome. Should be no less than 19,000 for those games.

frozennorth
September 5th, 2011, 07:11 PM

Home:

Robert Morris
Western Carolina
Montana
Montana State

Away:

Colorado State
Iowa State
Kansas State
Montana
Montana State

Just need three more games to schedule. (two homes and a road FBS)
Three winable bcs games. Id like to see ndsu match up against a bigtime power program though.

darell1976
September 5th, 2011, 07:12 PM
Three winable bcs games. Id like to see ndsu match up against a bigtime power program though.

NDSU should go for a Ohio State, Nebraska, or Michigan!! I wonder out of 110,000 at Michigan would NDSU bring?

DJKyR0
September 5th, 2011, 07:20 PM
Word on the street is that NDSU is investigating the possibility of a 12th game in 2012, which the coaches were reportedly against earlier. It's rumored that the staff is looking at a home and home with some FCS school, which implies that it's a program of some renown, or at least not some cupcake as to warrant a return game.

TheBisonator
September 5th, 2011, 07:56 PM
NDSU should go for a Ohio State, Nebraska, or Michigan!! I wonder out of 110,000 at Michigan would NDSU bring?

Probably only 3-4,000 most likely.

BigApp
September 5th, 2011, 08:05 PM

scheduling Western Carolina doesn't make an OOC schedule "tough".

frozennorth
September 5th, 2011, 08:06 PM
Ndsu could probably get 5-10k or more to wiscy, iowa or nebraska. The rest are too far.

mgbison
September 6th, 2011, 04:41 AM
It also helps when we actually beat a fbs team.

Unlike sdsu, we don't have a guaranteed L every time we play a fbs team.

We cannot control what those southern pussies are gonna do. We were desperate this year and got st Francis at the last minute.

pike51
September 6th, 2011, 07:57 AM
I'm going on the record right now... NDSU will defeat WCU in 2013. Stone cold, lead pipe lock.

Lakes Bison
September 7th, 2011, 01:58 PM
Are you really comparing us to App State?

Lakes Bison
September 7th, 2011, 02:00 PM
We should try and get Arkansas. We could beat them easy.

Twentysix
September 7th, 2011, 02:07 PM
The fake lakes bison has arrived.

Smitty
September 7th, 2011, 02:28 PM
I'm going on the record right now... NDSU will defeat WCU in 2013. Stone cold, lead pipe lock.

Kinda far in advance to make this prediction don't you think?

Saving this for 2013 if the world still exist by thenxrotatehx