PDA

View Full Version : Holy Cross and CCSU to play in 2013 and 2014

crusader11
September 4th, 2011, 06:09 PM
Just read on a CCSU blog that Holy Cross and CCSU have agreed to play one another in 2013 and 2014. The 2013 game will be at CCSU, while 2014 will be at Holy Cross.

I enjoy having this game on the HC schedule. I think it is very similar to what Colgate and Albany are doing with their series. Of course, if I had my druthers, I'd like to get that FBS game on Holy Cross' schedule, but I'm not complaining adding one of the NEC's best to the slate. I'm sure NEC and CCSU fans will be happy with a home-and-home series with a PL squad.

Go...gate
September 4th, 2011, 07:02 PM
From the looks of things, a lot more games between NEC and Patriot schools are in the offing.

Seawolf97
September 4th, 2011, 07:16 PM
Both CCSU and Colgate will visit Long Island in 2012. It has been awhile since we played a NEC Team and it is good to see Colgate again.

Dane96
September 4th, 2011, 07:51 PM
If our AD got his **** together (read...full rides) we'd be playing SBU again.

Go...gate
September 4th, 2011, 08:26 PM
Both CCSU and Colgate will visit Long Island in 2012. It has been awhile since we played a NEC Team and it is good to see Colgate again.

Teams have signed for a home-and-home in 2012 and 2013, when SBU visits Hamilton.

Sader87
September 4th, 2011, 11:40 PM
This game is absolutely what's been wrong with Holy Cross football since 1992....complete waste of time and resources.

Go Lehigh TU owl
September 5th, 2011, 12:09 AM
This game is absolutely what's been wrong with Holy Cross football since 1992....complete waste of time and resources.

Reading the HC message board makes me shake my head. They take the cake for having some of the most delusional posters in FCS. Just reading some of the comments make you wonder if they really have an understanding of FCS football in 2011. Far too many are still living in 1987. If i was an CCSU or NEC fan i would be livid.

http://s2.excoboard.com/Crossports/33744/2298860/1

Lehigh plays at Monmouth and not one LU fan complains. Instead, they embrace it as a close roadtrip.

Go...gate
September 5th, 2011, 12:23 AM
Not sure why you are so upset about CCSU. Thay have beaten Colgate and Georgia Southern in recent years on the road. It is not that bad, and let's face it, we need either scholarships or 56.7 equivalencies to be a bowl counter and play I-A schools. I think Colgate is pretty close to the equivalency threshold, as it has I-A opponents comig up in 2013 and 2014.

Go...gate
September 5th, 2011, 12:24 AM

You sound like HC should drop the program, which would be a tragedy.

crusader11
September 5th, 2011, 01:31 AM
Sons of Vaval seems to have it right on that thread.

aceinthehole
September 5th, 2011, 10:21 AM
No suprise to me. Too bad most HC are clueless and stuck in 1986.

Since 2005, CCSU has ...

- won non-conference games on the road at Colgate, Georgia Southern, Delaware State, Columbia, and Lehigh.
- played multiple fully scholly opponents on the road: URI, W&M, Towson, Stony Brook, North Dakota State, New Hampshire, and Youngstown State.
- played a FBS team - 2007 at Western Michigan (MAC).
- set the NEC home attendence record when they hosted a HBCU team - North Carolinia Central at Veterans Stadium in New Britain.
- been nationally ranked in the FCS Top-25 in 2 different seasons.
- won 4 Northeast Conference championships.
- won 15 straight home game, matching Grambling, for the longest active streak in FCS.
- a home record of 24-2 under head coach Jeff McInerney .

Holy Cross fans can whine all they want, but the fact is they do have more to lose (and they will lose). According to certain posters, when the public teachers' college down the street sweeps this series, it will cause the demise of the football team entire athletic department. I'm glad to see CCSU has become so powerful, that a single football game can shake the foundation of a program so well respcted that they once turned down membership to the Big East
;)

Go...gate
September 5th, 2011, 04:50 PM
No suprise to me. Too bad most HC are clueless and stuck in 1986.

Since 2005, CCSU has ...

- won non-conference games on the road at Colgate, Georgia Southern, Delaware State, Columbia, and Lehigh.
- played multiple fully scholly opponents on the road: URI, W&M, Towson, Stony Brook, North Dakota State, New Hampshire, and Youngstown State.
- played a FBS team - 2007 at Western Michigan (MAC).
- set the NEC home attendence record when they hosted a HBCU team - North Carolinia Central at Veterans Stadium in New Britain.
- been nationally ranked in the FCS Top-25 in 2 different seasons.
- won 4 Northeast Conference championships.
- won 15 straight home game, matching Grambling, for the longest active streak in FCS.
- a home record of 24-2 under head coach Jeff McInerney .

Holy Cross fans can whine all they want, but the fact is they do have more to lose (and they will lose). According to certain posters, when the public teachers' college down the street sweeps this series, it will cause the demise of the football team entire athletic department. I'm glad to see CCSU has become so powerful, that a single football game can shake the foundation of a program so well respcted that they once turned down membership to the Big East
;)

Spot on.