PDA

View Full Version : Delaware gets WR Transfer from BC!

bluehenbillk
April 7th, 2006, 06:36 AM
http://newszap.com/articles/2006/04/06/dm/central_delaware/sports/dsnsp01.txt

Just what the Hens needed with a core of sophomore WR's.

Tribe4SF
April 7th, 2006, 06:44 AM
Nice pick-up for the hens. He should not only contribute on the field, but help bring that young corps around. If the D can improve, UD will contend.

bluehenbillk
April 7th, 2006, 07:27 AM
You're probably right, UD will be as good as their front 7 on defense plays.

MR. CHICKEN
April 7th, 2006, 08:09 AM
:hyped:................................AWK!

blukeys
April 7th, 2006, 09:17 AM
Lilly can flat out fly. He is a bonafide track guy and still holds some Delaware records. Maybe we will throw deep this year???

nlwwln
April 7th, 2006, 12:04 PM
any word on how delawares LBs are shaping up, i know they lost a few for differenet reasons, of who is left who is looking at playing time? Any word on how matt rugerio might figure into the defense?

bluehenbillk
April 7th, 2006, 12:14 PM
Matt Ruggerio?

GannonFan
April 7th, 2006, 12:35 PM
any word on how delawares LBs are shaping up, i know they lost a few for differenet reasons, of who is left who is looking at playing time? Any word on how matt rugerio might figure into the defense?

I wouldn't figure he would factor in very much, but Ruggerio is a back-up linebacker and could always see some time, although probably very limited. There is speculation about moving one of the Gunthorpe twins from strong safety to linebacker to get a little depth. Starters will likely be Hepburn, Johnson, and either Brown or Laws (a Uof Penn transfer who sat out last year). All of those guys (except Laws) saw plenty of time last year with Hepburn being a multi-year starter. After that, plenty of inexperienced youth. There may be a prep school transfer coming from CA, but nothing official on that. Losing the 3 players involved in the incident earlier this spring means there are 3 schollies open, and one has gone to the WR from BC. UD needs more defensive line help so that would be a place one of those schollies could go.

jmuroller
April 7th, 2006, 04:57 PM
How many transfers is that now? I've lost count.

pitpen
April 7th, 2006, 05:51 PM
How many transfers is that now? I've lost count.

Use your fingers.

MR. CHICKEN
April 7th, 2006, 05:59 PM
Use your fingers.

MAY NEED TOES TOO!...........:rotateh:....BAWK!

Tod
April 7th, 2006, 07:39 PM
MAY NEED TOES TOO!...........:rotateh:....BAWK!
http://www.sapdesignguild.org/editions/edition3/images/ms_calc.gif

:D :D :D :D :D

jmuroller
April 7th, 2006, 08:59 PM
36 catches in 3 years..sounds like a real STUD!

MR. CHICKEN
April 7th, 2006, 09:11 PM
'ROLLER....DAT DON'T MEAN...HE CAN'T BE I-AA GOOD.....SPENT SOME TIME INJURED AH THINK........YA'LL GONNA GET UH...UP CLOSE AN' PERSONAL LOOK....DOWN DUH ROAD....HE'S UH TRACK MAN....6'2"...214 LBS....SO GET ON YER HORSEY...:nod:....BRAWK!

April 8th, 2006, 12:29 AM
'ROLLER....DAT DON'T MEAN...HE CAN'T BE I-AA GOOD...and what exactly does that mean... "BE I-AA GOOD"???? Does that mean any I-A transfer can be "I-AA GOOD"???? We all know better than that don't we?

MR. CHICKEN
April 8th, 2006, 07:21 AM
WHAT IT MEANS..IS DAT.... MAYBEAH HE DIDN'T GET MUCH CHANCE TA PUT UP BIG NUMBERAHS.....IN I-A...FO' ANY NUMBERAH O' REASONS..........'ROLLER IS BELITTLEIN' OURAH TRANSFER.......'CAUSE HE DOESN'T HAVE DUH STATS.....WELL HE MAYAH BEEN UH LIITTLE FISH IN UH BIG POND.....NOW HE GETS DUH CHANCE TA BE UH BIG FISH IN UH SMALL POND....(85 VS 63 SCHOLLIES).....DAVID BOLER PERFECT EXAMPLE..........AH SAID... "DAT DON'T MEAN HE CAN'T BE I-AA GOOD"....WHICH TA ME ....IMPLIES DAT MAYBEAH HE WILL OR MAYBEAH HE WON'T"......AH DIDN'T SAY ALL I-A TRANSFERS ARE UH LOCK!...:twocents:.....BRAWK!

OH YEAH AN' WE PICKED UP UH B.C. DE....JEFF BURNS 6'4" 251 lbs.:rotateh:

LILLY & BURNS GRADUATE IN MAY....&...ARE PURSUIN' UH MASTERS!:hurray:

www.delawareonline.com

ngineer
April 8th, 2006, 07:28 AM
WHAT IT MEANS..IS DAT.... MAYBEAH HE DIDN'T GET MUCH CHANCE TA PUT UP BIG NUMBERAHS.....IN I-A...FO' ANY NUMBERAH O' REASONS..........'ROLLER IS BELITTLEIN' OURAH TRANSFER.......'CAUSE HE DOESN'T HAVE DUH STATS.....WELL HE MAYAH BEEN UH LIITTLE FISH IN UH BIG POND.....NOW HE GETS DUH CHANCE TA BE UH BIG FISH IN UH SMALL POND....(85..vs..63 SCHOLLIES).....DAVID BOLER PERFECT EXAMPLE..........AH SAID... "DAT DON'T MEAN HE CAN'T BE I-AA GOOD"....WHICH TA ME ....IMPLIES DAT MAYBEAH HE WILL OR MAYBEAH HE WON'T"......AH DIDN'T SAY ALL I-A TRANSFERS ARE UH LOCK!...:twocents:.....BRAWK!

OH YEAH AN' WE PICKED UP UH B.C. DE....JEFF BURNS 6'4" 251 lbs.:rotateh:

LILLY & BURNS GRADUATE IN MAY....&...ARE PURSUIN' UH MASTERS!:hurray:
www.delawareonline.com

Is UD going to start giving these guys green blazers....?:confused: ;)

MR. CHICKEN
April 8th, 2006, 07:34 AM
CHOO-CHOO......JES' TRYIN' TA KEEP UP WHIFF DUH...MONTANA'S O' DUH WORLD!..........................:nod:.....BRAWK!

ChickenMan
April 8th, 2006, 08:16 AM
Is UD going to start giving these guys green blazers....?:confused: ;)

Apparently.... here's another BC... 5th yr transfer...

Jeff Burns DE... 6'4 250

http://www.delawareonline.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20060408/SPORTS07/604080348/1002/SPORTS

Ronbo
April 8th, 2006, 08:24 AM
We have another, a walk-on Junior DT from Boise State, 6'2" 260 (last years Boise roster). In the first spring scrimmage he was the leading tackler.:D

DTSpider
April 8th, 2006, 09:20 AM
That DL line transfer will help much more than the WR. The UD line last year appeared to be weak. Is the USC kid still around at WR?

Fordham
April 8th, 2006, 09:37 AM
obligatory shawn johnson reference ....

here.

Ronbo
April 8th, 2006, 10:23 AM
That DL line transfer will help much more than the WR. The UD line last year appeared to be weak. Is the USC kid still around at WR?

You mean the Oklahoma State kid we got last year? He is at starting wide out and has been one of the leading receivers this spring. He was just a Soph. last year and had trouble picking the reads and audibles up. He has said he is completely comfortable with the offense now.

We have this incredibly complicated offense that shows a dozen different formations and has ten different plays from each. Each play is audibiled from the formation according to the way the defense lines up. There have been complaints from the Griz fans that the learning curve is too steep on this offense.

foghorn
April 8th, 2006, 10:45 AM
David Boler, the WR from USC, did not play last year due to injury, but was not granted a medical redshirt because he was redshirted in his freshman, and only, year at USC.
Lilly, the sr. receiver from BC, is very much like Boler in that he is virtually the same size (6'2", 215lbs.). He's faster though, and was a track star. I think he'll be very valuable in that he brings experience to our all soph and freshmen receiving corps. With big Joe Flacco, 6'6", 225 lbs., flinging the ball, we'll have a wide-open offense with RB Cuff having more room to run.
Jeff Burns, the new guy at DE/DT, gives us added depth, but I doubt he'll be anywhere near the impact player that Shawn Johnson was. This team is shaping up very nicely. Beware!:eek:

Ronbo
April 8th, 2006, 01:31 PM
My bad, Spider follows up a post I made about a new DT with a question and duh, I think he's talking to me.:confused:

ChickenMan
April 8th, 2006, 05:34 PM
We have this incredibly complicated offense that shows a dozen different formations and has ten different plays from each. Each play is audibiled from the formation according to the way the defense lines up. There have been complaints from the Griz fans that the learning curve is too steep on this offense.

I'd agree with the complaining Griz fans... execution is what makes an offense go... not complicated multiple sets.

DTSpider
April 9th, 2006, 04:36 PM
David Boler, the WR from USC, did not play last year due to injury, but was not granted a medical redshirt because he was redshirted in his freshman, and only, year at USC.

Boler just destroyed UR last time so I'm glad to see him gone. If Delaware gets good line play they will be a very solid team. The A10 south is going to be very close this year.

jmuroller
April 9th, 2006, 05:10 PM
Boler just destroyed UR last time so I'm glad to see him gone. If Delaware gets good line play they will be a very solid team. The A10 south is going to be very close this year.

Injuries, or lack of will go a long way of determining the winner of the A10 south this year. IMO

blukeys
April 9th, 2006, 09:10 PM
Injuries, or lack of will go a long way of determining the winner of the A10 south this year. IMO

Well we won the Commissioner's trophy for injuries in 2005. Maybe we will get a break in '06

LacesOut
April 12th, 2006, 03:08 PM
Didn't one of those dudes coming to UD get suspended from BC for a DUI??

Also, anyone hear about the UD kicker getting suspended for two weeks due testing positve for steriods?? LOL

Love rumors, just love 'em.

MR. CHICKEN
April 12th, 2006, 03:12 PM
HEY LACES...THANKEEEE FO' ALL DAT SUNSHINE.........:eek:......BRAWK!

MR. CHICKEN
April 12th, 2006, 03:14 PM

Also, anyone hear about the UD kicker getting suspended for two weeks due testing positve for steriods?? LOL

HEY LACES...THANKEE FO
ALL DAT SUNSHINE......................:eek:.........BRAWK!

carney2
April 12th, 2006, 03:57 PM
anyone hear about the UD kicker getting suspended for two weeks due testing positve for steriods?? LOL

Kicker?!!! Who's next on the BALCO customer list, a one legged cheerleader?

ChickenMan
April 12th, 2006, 06:23 PM

The judging by the length of his kickoffs last year... he could use some steriods... :p

blukeys
April 12th, 2006, 06:34 PM

At least get the rumor right. The rumor was for failing a drug test. Steroids were never mentioned. I worked in the drug rehab business the drug that stays longest in your system is Marijuana. A kicker on steroids???? Even the dumbest kicker knows that this is no help.

Why not get some real confirmation before subjecting a young man to public ridicule.

UNH_Alum_In_CT
April 12th, 2006, 08:36 PM
Surprised that Husky Alum hasn't been out here spreading love for the Chestnut Hill Beagles!! :rolleyes: :rolleyes: xlolx xlolx

BigDukeDawg
April 12th, 2006, 09:35 PM
You should see this sumoan from university of utah that is transferring and probably be JMU's o-tackle next year... somethin like a 6-5 350 asian pacific guy....

MR. CHICKEN
April 12th, 2006, 09:39 PM
You should see this sumoan from university of utah that is transferring and probably be JMU's o-tackle next year... somethin like a 6-5 350 asian pacific guy....

ASIAN/PACIFIC SUMO....COMIN' EAST FO' WHAT......DUH RICE PUDDIN'?...........:p..BRAWK!

BigDukeDawg
April 12th, 2006, 09:41 PM
his girlfriend here got pregnant and her dad is building a house for them here in VA

blukeys
April 12th, 2006, 10:14 PM
his girlfriend here got pregnant and her dad is building a house for them here in VA

Now that's a great rumor!!!!

viper
April 13th, 2006, 11:07 AM
Jeff Burns of BC... Nice Pick up KC.... This is all Delaware Needs Right now!!!:confused:
http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/bowls05/news/story?id=2273195

jmuroller
April 13th, 2006, 03:50 PM
Burns played sparingly this season as a backup, recording six tackles and one forced fumble. He has one year of eligibility left.

This is what I would be worried about.