PDA

View Full Version : Bruce Eugene to star in Reality TV series

MACHIAVELLI
April 6th, 2006, 04:00 PM
Former Grambling QB Bruce Eugene will star in "Season of the Tiger" This six episode docu-drama will chronical the lives of three marching band members and two football players. The first episode will air Thursday April 27th on Black Entertainment Television (B.E.T.) following College Hill. BET conducted a photo shoot/session on campus April 5th.
Here are a few pics I took...enjoy

http://www.gramblingstateuniversity.com/BET%20071.jpg

http://www.gramblingstateuniversity.com/BET%20019.jpg

http://www.gramblingstateuniversity.com/BET%20279.jpg

http://www.gramblingstateuniversity.com/BET%20288.jpg

Mr. Tiger
April 6th, 2006, 09:37 PM
WOW!!!!!! He sure has lost the pounds :hurray:

TxSt02
April 6th, 2006, 10:57 PM
Token white guy???
http://www.gramblingstateuniversity.com/BET%20288.jpg

April 6th, 2006, 10:59 PM
Token white guy???http://www.hbo.com/entourage/img/episodeguide/season01/ep08_guys_pool.jpg

Tod
April 6th, 2006, 11:01 PM
Why else is he the only one in yellow? ;) ;)

But what is that pic you have? I see Kevin Dillon holding a stick with a boxing glove taped to it and a bucket of golf balls, walking past a swimming pool with three other guys following him. What does it mean???? :confused: :confused: :confused:

April 6th, 2006, 11:03 PM
...But what is that pic you have? I see Kevin Dillon holding a stick with a boxing glove taped to it and a bucket of golf balls, walking past a swimming pool with three other guys following him. What does it mean???? :confused: :confused: :confused:Entourage... season 1... episode 8

Tod
April 6th, 2006, 11:05 PM
Entourage... season 1... episode 8

I hate to ask...seriously?

April 6th, 2006, 11:09 PM
I got that from the pic name... no comment on how one finds a pic like that and uses it in their sig... :)

Tod
April 6th, 2006, 11:13 PM
I got that from the pic name... no comment on how one finds a pic like that and uses it in their sig... :)

Maybe TxSt02 is one of the entourage?

mikebigg
April 6th, 2006, 11:34 PM
Sorry, meant that as humor... hence all the smilies! Click the red X and report all considered smack please.

I'm pissed that you made me the female:nono:

(this is not the end of this my friend...lol)

April 6th, 2006, 11:36 PM
I'm pissed that you made me the female:nono:
(this is not the end of this my friend...lol)What!!?? Did I mislabel the characters???

:lmao:

Wow, I guess the Mods took the pic as smack... sorry y'all!

April 7th, 2006, 10:27 AM
"It's set at Grambling University, and we follow these kids on the football team and on the marching band. Grambling marching bands are fantastic, and Grambling has the winningest college football (organization). For the most part, these kids come from tough backgrounds, but they all want to be the best because they're in a tradition of greatness. It is a feel-good show. Everyone who's ever complained they never see young people doing positive things, trying to really succeed and strive in life, needs to see 'Season of the Tiger,'" said new BET President Reginald Hudlin.

MACHIAVELLI
April 7th, 2006, 10:46 AM
What!!?? Did I mislabel the characters???

:lmao:

Wow, I guess the Mods took the pic as smack... sorry y'all!

~Evil Laugh~ Wait until I see Ralph ~Evil Laugh~
http://www.gramblingstateuniversity.com/BET%20154.jpg

mikebigg
April 7th, 2006, 06:15 PM
This is really a good story...I'm gonna check out the program. I really wish we could smack on here. Then I could tell Hampton that it would be good to follow the team when we stomp the Pirates.:D

R.A.
April 7th, 2006, 06:27 PM
-I think this is perfect timing for Bruce. The show comes on Thursday the 27th, the Draft is Saturday the 29th.

HIUguy08
April 7th, 2006, 07:58 PM
This is really a good story...I'm gonna check out the program. I really wish we could smack on here. Then I could tell Hampton that it would be good to follow the team when we stomp the Pirates.:D

I wouldnt speak to soon BUCKO!!! we will be back this year so dont sleep on the PIRATES BY THE SEA!!!

mikebigg
April 8th, 2006, 12:01 AM
I wouldnt speak to soon BUCKO!!! we will be back this year so dont sleep on the PIRATES BY THE SEA!!!

Gonna be a good one...what a way to open the season. Hope to make the game this year.

MACHIAVELLI
April 10th, 2006, 02:46 PM
As first reported by GramblingStateUniversity.com fan website in October 2005, Daft Films in conjunction with Black Entertainment Television (BET) will air a six episode docu-drama called "Season of the Tiger". The reality show chronicles the incidents and achievements of the championship football team and the legendary marching band of Grambling State University (GSU). BET President Reginald Hudlin stated, "Grambling marching bands are fantastic, and Grambling has the winningest college football (organization). For the most part, these kids come from tough backgrounds, but they all want to be the best because they're in a tradition of greatness. It is a feel-good show. Everyone who's ever complained they never see young people doing positive things, trying to really succeed and striving for the best in their lives-- needs to see 'Season of theTiger.'

The main characters of the show are (1) record setting, All American QB Bruce who has to deal with coming back from a career ending injury in 2004, battling his up and down weight along with having his mother and approximately 13 other family and friends move in with him in his apartment after hurricane Katrina destroyed their homes in New Orleans; (2) Blue who is a student-athlete on the football team while raising his daughter; (3) Shunnie a female Master Drill Sargent as she handles her responsibilities in a world of males. (4) Eva a freshman female percussionist. (5) Mancell a caucasian former member of the GSU marching band.

The show will air on Thursday April 27 at 9:30 pm.

G.S.Green
April 10th, 2006, 03:25 PM
Any good exposure for an HBCU is always a good thing.

MACHIAVELLI
April 16th, 2006, 10:39 AM
The trailers/promos/commercials for "Season of the ICON" aaahhhhh I mean "Tiger" have already started to air in certain markets on Black Entertainment TV(BET)

HIU 93
April 18th, 2006, 11:53 AM

Hampton 16-Grambling 7
Hampton 42-Grambling 7
Hampton 28-Grambling 15
Hampton 27-Grambling 7

Remember those scores? I do. Again, I can't wait for Labor Day Weekend. I'll give you eight bucks (maybe eighteen) to console your feelings after the game. :smiley_wi

mikebigg
April 18th, 2006, 11:02 PM
Hampton 16-Grambling 7
Hampton 42-Grambling 7
Hampton 28-Grambling 15
Hampton 27-Grambling 7

Remember those scores? I do. Again, I can't wait for Labor Day Weekend. I'll give you eight bucks (maybe eighteen) to console your feelings after the game. :smiley_wi

The "transition" years (lol)...

MACHIAVELLI
April 19th, 2006, 01:00 PM
Star Grambling quarterback Bruce Eugene, whose college career has ended, was a natural choice for one of the five student stars.

The show will touch on issues such as Eugene's father, who is in jail, and the destruction of his mother's home during Hurricane Katrina. But Eugene said he never hesitated to share personal information.

"I'm looking forward to it," Eugene said. "It's really good to have some kind of documentation ... something to look back and smile on."

He said the show should demonstrate his dedication to come back from injury and work himself into shape.

http://www.thenewsstar.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20060419/SPORTS/60419003/1006

SU Jag
April 21st, 2006, 06:13 PM
I sure hope that this show is better than the rest of the shows! College Hill and The Real World have both been sucking, over the past few seasons. The best season of College Hill was the first season taped during the 03 fall semester at Southern.

MACHIAVELLI
April 21st, 2006, 08:27 PM
http://www.gramblingstateuniversity.com/bet500.jpg
Meet the cast of "Season of the Tiger" (http://www.bet.com/Site+Management/Packages/sot_meetthecast.htm?wbc_purpose=Basic&WBCMODE=PresentationUnpublished&Referrer=%7B15316AC5-5969-48C8-BADD-0ED9CC2482BB%7D)

SU Jag
April 22nd, 2006, 02:29 PM
I'll be watching!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:nod: :nod:

MACHIAVELLI
April 23rd, 2006, 10:38 AM
Little known Bruce Eugene facts:
*Did not receive a scholarship to the ICON out of high school.
*Was offered a full scholarship to Texas Southern Univ.
*In high school threw 70 touchdowns one year. (Walter L. Cohen)
*Ran for 600 yards in a season. (Walter L. Cohen)
*Also played linebacker in high school (Walter L. Cohen)
*Bruce was an all-state point guard for the (Walter L. Cohen) Hornets.
*30-8 as a starter at the ICON
*Started two games as a freshman at the ICON

MACHIAVELLI
April 24th, 2006, 08:45 AM
BET reality show highlights GSU football team, band

April 24, 2006

By Jordan Blum
[email protected]

Reality television and all the publicity -- good and bad -- that comes with it will bring Grambling State University to a national audience when "Season of the Tiger" premieres Thursday on the BET network.

The six-episode dramatic documentary focuses on the GSU football team and marching band and their daily lives from homecoming to the Bayou Classic.

Star Grambling quarterback Bruce Eugene, whose college career has now ended, was a natural choice for one of the five student stars."I'm looking forward to it," Eugene said.

Executive Producer Jesse Scaccia of Daftfilms said he always had GSU in mind when he pitched the show to BET.

If you watch
WHAT: "Season of the Tiger"
WHEN: Premieres at 8:30 p.m. Thursday on BET.
IF YOU MISS IT: Encore telecasts are at 12:30 a.m. Thursdays, 6:30 p.m. Saturdays and 9 p.m. Tuesdays.

http://www.shreveporttimes.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20060424/NEWS01/604240317/1002/NEWS

MACHIAVELLI
April 24th, 2006, 09:44 AM
BET reality show highlights GSU football team, band

April 24, 2006

By Jordan Blum
[email protected]

Reality television and all the publicity -- good and bad -- that comes with it will bring Grambling State University to a national audience when "Season of the Tiger" premieres Thursday on the BET network.

The six-episode dramatic documentary focuses on the GSU football team and marching band and their daily lives from homecoming to the Bayou Classic.

GSU junior LaShonda "Shunnie" Harris, bandmaster drill sergeant, is one of five students prominently featured in the series. Despite experiencing drama as a female drill sergeant and some clashes with band Director Larry Pannell, Harris said she is eager to see the first show."It was a lot of fun, and I'm excited about it."

Star Grambling quarterback Bruce Eugene, whose college career has now ended, was a natural choice for one of the five student stars."I'm looking forward to it," Eugene said.

But not everyone is thrilled about the show. Just the fact BET promotional material describes Pannell as the "admittedly chauvinist band director" -- a notion he disputes -- leaves him cautious, but optimistic about the show.

"When you have a camera one inch from your face all year, you don't know what footage they'll show," he said. "It's like a man with his wife; not every day is 'I love you.'"

Executive Producer Jesse Scaccia of Daftfilms said he always had GSU in mind when he pitched the show to BET.

If you watch
IF YOU MISS IT: Encore telecasts are at 12:30 a.m. Thursdays, 6:30 p.m. Saturdays and 9 p.m. Tuesdays.

http://www.shreveporttimes.com/apps/...0317/1002/NEWS

MACHIAVELLI
April 25th, 2006, 08:21 AM

MACHIAVELLI
April 25th, 2006, 03:41 PM

MACHIAVELLI
April 27th, 2006, 09:04 AM
WHEN: Premieres at 8:30 p.m. TONIGHT on BET.

MACHIAVELLI
April 27th, 2006, 08:56 PM

April 27th, 2006, 09:07 PM
uh, it's over now Mach, isn't it? How about some reviews?

MACHIAVELLI
April 27th, 2006, 09:12 PM
Th. April 27 (premiere): Season of the Tiger kicks off with the Mighty Tiger Marching Band and Grambling State University football team preparing for homecoming. Eva, the only girl in the drumline, is worried that she won’t make the line-up for the field show at halftime. Mancel, who was kicked out of the band, is so desperate he’ll do just about anything to get back in. The quarterback Bruce is trying to overcome last year’s season-ending knee injury in hopes of the NFL payday that would be his family’s ticket out of poverty.

April 27th, 2006, 09:14 PM
NOT promo previews... real REVIEWS by you!

How was it?

MACHIAVELLI
April 27th, 2006, 09:16 PM
Th. April 27 (premiere): Season of the Tiger kicks off with the Mighty Tiger Marching Band and Grambling State University football team preparing for homecoming. Eva, the only girl in the drumline, is worried that she won’t make the line-up for the field show at halftime. Mancel, who was kicked out of the band, is so desperate he’ll do just about anything to get back in. The quarterback Bruce is trying to overcome last year’s season-ending knee injury in hopes of the NFL payday that would be his family’s ticket out of poverty.

It is never over.
v
v
v
v
v
v

SU Jag
April 27th, 2006, 09:26 PM
I enjoyed it!:nod: Coach Spears reminds me so much of Coach Richardson!:nod:

April 27th, 2006, 09:41 PM
...xpumpukex on the spam already

3rd Coast Tiger
April 27th, 2006, 09:50 PM
Looked like Gram's homecoming opponent gave them more than they could handle. xlolx