PDA

View Full Version : Connor Dixon Granted Sixth Year of Eligibility by NCAA

401ks
September 3rd, 2011, 12:52 AM
http://www.goduquesne.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/090211aai.html

"The Duquesne University Department of Athletics was informed by the NCAA on Friday afternoon that receiver Connor Dixon (South Park, Pa./South Park) has been granted a sixth year of eligibility and will join the team in Lewisburg, Pa. for Saturday night's game at Bucknell.

The appeal request was based on an illness and injury Dixon suffered in 2006 and 2007 respectively at while Michigan State, which limited his participation during his first two college seasons."

Ask the Delaware fans what they thought of Connor Dixon last season.

xthumbsupx

GO DUKES!

Lehigh Football Nation
September 3rd, 2011, 01:05 AM
Bad news for Bucknell, let me tell you.

superman7515
September 3rd, 2011, 07:00 AM
Ask the Delaware fans what they thought of Connor Dixon last season.

Not much, to be honest. Like Terrell Owens in the Super Bowl in XXXIX, the quietest 100 yard recieving game you'll ever see. The stats were there, but to watch the game, they were empty.

dgtw
September 3rd, 2011, 07:42 AM
I do not like the idea of a sixth year of eligibility.

401ks
September 3rd, 2011, 08:19 AM
Not much, to be honest. Like Terrell Owens in the Super Bowl in XXXIX, the quietest 100 yard recieving game you'll ever see. The stats were there, but to watch the game, they were empty.

I would agree that Connor's stats were "empty" since the Dukes couldn't put the ball into the end zone, however I recall the Blue Hens' fans and announcers going on-and-on about how Dixon had NFL potential ... that he was the best receiver they had seen ... blah, blah, blah ... etc., etc., etc.

For example:

by 93henfan » Sat Sep 18, 2010 6:21 pm

I was impressed with Duquesne's offense early in the game. Dixon (Duq #10) was giving Marcus Burley (UD #15) fits for a quarter and a half. Burley got yanked for a bit because he was getting toasted so badly.

If Duquesne had a QB with a little better arm they'd be dangerous. The receivers were open a lot in the first half. For about a quarter, the natives were getting restless in the stands and there was a bit of the "oh ****" and "might be one of those nights" going around.

or:

by bluehenbillk » Sat Sep 18, 2010 7:39 pm

I was impressed with Dixon as a WR, he could play pro IMO.

or even (slightly OT):

by danefan » Sat Sep 18, 2010 6:45 pm

Dixon probably has the best arm on the team. He was a QB at Michigan State and played QB his first year at Duquesne. He threw for almost 2000 yards and 20 TDs in 2008.

And, Mr. Dixon was suffering (greatly, I am told) from the flu during the Delaware game last year. He spent a lot of time puking his guts out on the sideline during the game. I have a hard time dragging my sorry butt out of bed when I have the flu, much less playing college football against one of the finest teams in the FCS.

xpeacex

danefan
September 3rd, 2011, 08:33 AM
He's a top 10 WR nationally in FCS.

Makes Duquesne a lot better immediately n

superman7515
September 3rd, 2011, 09:32 AM
I'm not knocking the kid, simply speaking of the game that was mentioned. I've always liked Duquesne for some reason, although I have no idea why. I spent an hour of my life in that game trying to get my section to understand it's not pronounced Duh Quiz Knee.

401ks
September 3rd, 2011, 01:40 PM
I'm not knocking the kid, simply speaking of the game that was mentioned. I've always liked Duquesne for some reason, although I have no idea why. I spent an hour of my life in that game trying to get my section to understand it's not pronounced Duh Quiz Knee.

xlolx

Doo-KANE thanks you!

xthumbsupx

Original_RMC
September 3rd, 2011, 04:31 PM
With Dixon back and looking at their NEC schedule, no reason why they can't take the title in 2011.

DetroitFlyer
September 3rd, 2011, 08:57 PM
Great.... Dixon back and a 5-star LB transfer from tOSU.... Should be a good game in Dayton....