PDA

View Full Version : ** Lafayette at North Dakota State GAME DAY thread **

Pard4Life
September 2nd, 2011, 10:32 AM
Here we go! The most intriguing FCS match-up of the weekend! The Lafayette College Leopards of the Patriot League are taking on the North Dakota State University Bison at the Fargo Dome.

Game notes for both teams here: http://www.goleopards.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/083011aai.html

And watch the game live here: http://www.goleopards.com/allaccess/?media=256469

Lafalumni29
September 2nd, 2011, 11:02 AM
xsmileyclapxxsmileyclapxxsmileyclapxxsmileyclapxxs mileyclapxxsmileyclapxxsmileyclapx

Go Lehigh TU owl
September 2nd, 2011, 11:12 AM
Good luck Pards! It's my expectation that this will be a competitive game.

BISON Thunder
September 2nd, 2011, 11:24 AM
Safe travels to those of you making the trip to the tundra. Have a great weekend!

Grizzaholic
September 2nd, 2011, 11:27 AM
Here we go! The most intriguing FCS match-up of the weekend!

xoopsx

Pard4Life
September 2nd, 2011, 12:41 PM
Be on the lookout for the guy with the stitched and moth-eaten Leopard! Pards Rule will be there.

Pard4Life
September 2nd, 2011, 12:50 PM
I think this game is going to come down to ball control. It seems like NDSU is going to kill the clock with their ground game. Tavani likes to do the same thing, even though the ground option might not be used so often. Look for short passes and post plays: the traditional Lafayette conservative playbook. It will not be odd if either team has eight minute drives.

Does any NDSU fan want to take an over on a 38 point margin? If we lose, it won't be by more than ten (or close to it).

We are playing to win this game... not just a paycheck!

crusader11
September 2nd, 2011, 01:02 PM
I'm interested to see the impact Tyler McFarlane has on the Lafayette defense. The kid has bounced around from Bucknell to Hofstra and now to Lafayette. He was a safety while at Bucknell, but has always been a very physical player who I am sure will do well at LB for the 'Pards.

X-Factor
September 2nd, 2011, 01:03 PM
Pard, I would certainly take NDSU to cover 10, 38 definitely not. For those making the trip to Fargo, safe travels. For those watching on webcast, may the webcast gods not interrupt with static. xangelx

carney2
September 2nd, 2011, 03:07 PM
Pard, I would certainly take NDSU to cover 10, 38 definitely not. For those making the trip to Fargo, safe travels. For those watching on webcast, may the webcast gods not interrupt with static. xangelx

We have LSN (Lafayette Sports Network), that's for real TV - at least some of us do. Don't need no stinkin' webcast.

Professor Chaos
September 2nd, 2011, 03:11 PM
I think this game is going to come down to ball control. It seems like NDSU is going to kill the clock with their ground game. Tavani likes to do the same thing, even though the ground option might not be used so often. Look for short passes and post plays: the traditional Lafayette conservative playbook. It will not be odd if either team has eight minute drives.

Does any NDSU fan want to take an over on a 38 point margin? If we lose, it won't be by more than ten (or close to it).

We are playing to win this game... not just a paycheck!
First game of the season so predicting it is tough but I'll say Bison 31 Pards 17. I think it'll be tied or close to it at halftime and a 1 score game still heading into the 4th before the Bison wear the Pards defense down enough to bust a big run to break the game open.

NDSU is busting out new yellow jerseys (http://bisonmedia.areavoices.com/2011/09/02/the-golden-touch/) for this game so if Lafayette pulls off the upset I think it's the last time we'll ever see these unis.

RichH2
September 2nd, 2011, 03:33 PM
Good luck Pards. Tough venue for opener but D should keep it close.

darell1976
September 2nd, 2011, 04:03 PM
Good luck with the noise Lafayette!! With 19,000 people its loud!!!

Pard4Life
September 2nd, 2011, 04:17 PM
We have LSN (Lafayette Sports Network), that's for real TV - at least some of us do. Don't need no stinkin' webcast.

Carney, the game is not on TV... only LSN All-Access on the goleopards site. It will be free for everyone tomorrow... makes sense because I doubt they would haul the production truck out there.

Gil Dobie
September 2nd, 2011, 05:41 PM
I doubt the game will be a blowout. Should be close into the 3rd quarter. Hopefully NDSU can pull it out in the 4th.

Hope all you Leopard fans have a great trip and a great experience tomorrow :)

MplsBison
September 2nd, 2011, 05:43 PM

That's must be why there's a LSN satellite truck passing through Chicago right about now. Nice.

Go...gate
September 2nd, 2011, 05:59 PM
Good luck, Leopards!

DJKyR0
September 2nd, 2011, 08:11 PM
The 5th annual Bisonville Pizza Party just concluded, and Pards Rule has made an appearance at two NDSU events in as many days. Looking forward to a good game tomorrow and some excellent festivities.

34-13, Bison.

Pard4Life
September 2nd, 2011, 11:25 PM
Well it's another day and another bizzarre absence for the Lafayette RBs. Aside from the suspensions, our starting RB Jerome Rudolph has apparently decided not to play becaue he is not 'physically ready.' Ok. So now our top two backs are out. We have some other good guys but they do not have experience. Ugh. What's the game plan tmrw? I have never seen this much 'chaos' around the program ever.

http://blogs.mcall.com/sports/2011/09/leopards-lose-another-one-before-they-even-play.html

TheBisonator
September 3rd, 2011, 05:19 AM
THANK YOU Lafayette for providing a quality FREE webcast for the game tonight!! Us Bison fans outside of the Upper Midwest appreciate it.

Bison Fan in NW MN
September 3rd, 2011, 07:33 AM
This game will not be close as many here think.

The Pards defense will not be able to consistently stop our running game which will open up the passing game for us. Plus, the Bison defense is too athletic for the Pards to contain all game long.

If this is closer than 3 TDs I will be very surprised.

GO BISON

carney2
September 3rd, 2011, 08:03 AM
Carney, the game is not on TV... only LSN All-Access on the goleopards site. It will be free for everyone tomorrow... makes sense because I doubt they would haul the production truck out there.

Yoiks!! I just checked and you are correct. Because of LSN I have never had to deal with All-Access. Is it free as Bisonator says, or am I going to have to sneak something else past my wife?

ngineer
September 3rd, 2011, 08:28 AM
Will Tavani be able to guide the sleigh without Rudolph leading the way??? Morning Call says he informed coaches that he was not physically ready to play...sounds a little strange.

Jacked_Rabbit
September 3rd, 2011, 08:35 AM
Here is Vegas' opinion on the game:

Lafayette at North Dakota State
Sat 9/3 559 Lafayette +24
7:00PM 560 North Dakota State -24

I'll lay the points and take the Bison to win by somewhere between 27 and 31...

carney2
September 3rd, 2011, 08:44 AM
Will Tavani be able to guide the sleigh without Rudolph leading the way??? Morning Call says he informed coaches that he was not physically ready to play...sounds a little strange.

Sounds like ongoing effects from last seasons concussions - I think he had two.

Lafalumni29
September 3rd, 2011, 08:46 AM

It does if you don't know his concussion history. Our 2 top RB's out. Makes for a wonderful start to the season.

Here's hoping the frosh is the next coming of Erik Marsh. xprayx

Gil Dobie
September 3rd, 2011, 09:01 AM
It does if you don't know his concussion history. Our 2 top RB's out. Makes for a wonderful start to the season.

Here's hoping the frosh is the next coming of Erik Marsh. xprayx

It's always better to play a team at full strength as there is usually discussion about the outcome. Sometimes the underclassmen step up and become the hidden superstar too. It can hurt the other teams gameplan, after preparing and watching film of the top RB.

Pard4Life
September 3rd, 2011, 09:05 AM
Yoiks!! I just checked and you are correct. Because of LSN I have never had to deal with All-Access. Is it free as Bisonator says, or am I going to have to sneak something else past my wife?

It is free for just this one game because it is not on TV. Usually it is $7 per month.

Pard4Life
September 3rd, 2011, 09:07 AM
Here is Vegas' opinion on the game:

Lafayette at North Dakota State
Sat 9/3 559 Lafayette +24
7:00PM 560 North Dakota State -24

I'll lay the points and take the Bison to win by somewhere between 27 and 31...

A-hahahahaha!!!

Go ahead... the RB situation is really fooling you guys. We are so used to parading a RB committee it makes no difference.

DJKyR0
September 3rd, 2011, 09:12 AM
A-hahahahaha!!!

Go ahead... the RB situation is really fooling you guys. We are so used to parading a RB committee it makes no difference.

Wouldn't've mattered anyway. :)

Twentysix
September 3rd, 2011, 11:00 AM
Today NDSU's road to the national championship starts.

JSUBison
September 3rd, 2011, 12:04 PM
A-hahahahaha!!!

Well NDSU lost Mike Sigers earlier this year, the most electric guy in the backfield. That is going to haunt us this season. xtwocentsx

darell1976
September 3rd, 2011, 03:04 PM
Is the game on tv anywhere in the Fargo area?

RabidRabbit
September 3rd, 2011, 03:30 PM
:p
Is the game on tv anywhere in the Fargo area?

certainly, @ dome :P

darell1976
September 3rd, 2011, 03:35 PM
:p

certainly, @ dome :P

I would rather watch that than the Gophers-USC game. 2 teams that won't see a bowl game.

Gil Dobie
September 3rd, 2011, 05:39 PM
I would rather watch that than the Gophers-USC game. 2 teams that won't see a bowl game.

If the Gophers win, they have a chance for a bowl.

Gil Dobie
September 3rd, 2011, 06:14 PM
Bison driving into Leopard territory to the 36

Gil Dobie
September 3rd, 2011, 06:16 PM
Lafayette holds, Bison punt

Gil Dobie
September 3rd, 2011, 06:22 PM
Lafayette on the move, out to their own 41

Gil Dobie
September 3rd, 2011, 06:24 PM
Bison hold, Leopard punt

Gil Dobie
September 3rd, 2011, 06:26 PM
Radio Link (http://www.business1570.com/)
Listening to a Twin Cities station

Gil Dobie
September 3rd, 2011, 06:28 PM
Looks like penalties are going to kill NDSU again this year :(

Go Lehigh TU owl
September 3rd, 2011, 06:30 PM
What a pass and catch for the Bison! TD NDSU!!

Gil Dobie
September 3rd, 2011, 06:30 PM
Bison TD, 67 yd pass to Holloway

Gil Dobie
September 3rd, 2011, 06:31 PM
Nice win by Sac St over Oregon St

NDSU lead 7-0

Go Lehigh TU owl
September 3rd, 2011, 06:36 PM
Lafayette just got robbed! Should be first and 10 pards deep in NDSU territory!

Gil Dobie
September 3rd, 2011, 06:37 PM
NDSU announcers thought it was a fumble too

Gil Dobie
September 3rd, 2011, 06:39 PM
Lafayettes get the ball back on the punt

Gil Dobie
September 3rd, 2011, 06:41 PM
Nice sack by the Bison

Go Lehigh TU owl
September 3rd, 2011, 06:42 PM
Lafayette still looks like they're struggling along the OL.

Gil Dobie
September 3rd, 2011, 06:43 PM
Nice punt return for the Bison.

Lafalumni29
September 3rd, 2011, 06:45 PM
No calls for the Leopards tonight.

Go Lehigh TU owl
September 3rd, 2011, 06:45 PM
I'm really surprised by the number of empty seats. I thought the dome would be packed.

Lafalumni29
September 3rd, 2011, 06:47 PM
Not having Mputu or Rudolph is killing us.

Gil Dobie
September 3rd, 2011, 06:47 PM
I'm not watching, are the empty seats in the student section?

Gil Dobie
September 3rd, 2011, 06:55 PM
Facemask, 15 yards

Gil Dobie
September 3rd, 2011, 06:55 PM
1:43 left in half

Pard4Life
September 3rd, 2011, 06:58 PM
That was NOT interference!!

Gil Dobie
September 3rd, 2011, 06:58 PM
NDSU announcers think it was a questionable pass interference

Pard4Life
September 3rd, 2011, 07:00 PM
Well when we are running the usual rushing plays it will be easy to stop. Throw a pass!

Gil Dobie
September 3rd, 2011, 07:00 PM
Phil Hansen, former Bison and Buffalo Bills player is in the booth. He said it's the refs first game too, they are a little rusty.

Gil Dobie
September 3rd, 2011, 07:01 PM
Lots of praise for the Leopards defense by the NDSU announcers.

Gil Dobie
September 3rd, 2011, 07:01 PM
4th and goal

Pard4Life
September 3rd, 2011, 07:02 PM
Our D can't get off the field; we might be in trouble soon, but I attribute that more to the lack of O.

Pard4Life
September 3rd, 2011, 07:04 PM
Pard announcers keep talking about the great hospitality and atmosphere.

Gil Dobie
September 3rd, 2011, 07:05 PM
McNorton TD

Pard4Life
September 3rd, 2011, 07:06 PM
Bah! Hard to stop that... but bad call down on that end. We are playing well on D, but we can't move the ball because we are not opening up the playbook... conservative plays on passes.

Lafalumni29
September 3rd, 2011, 07:08 PM
Our D can't get off the field; we might be in trouble soon, but I attribute that more to the lack of O.

xnodxxnodxxnodxxnodxxnodxxnodxxnodxxnodxxnodx

Same ol' conservative play calling blows. It's getting very old!!

Pard4Life
September 3rd, 2011, 07:13 PM
This is how we lost to Liberty at home.

Gil Dobie
September 3rd, 2011, 07:13 PM
Penalties have hurt Lafayette, 4 for 34 years. That is usually the Bison problem.

Pard4Life
September 3rd, 2011, 07:25 PM
We actually had the league write a written apology two years ago for a non-pass interference call as we were driving to win the championship game. We lost by two because we missed two XP in the rain, but that's another story.

Two first downs vs eight.

37 yards vs 167... Oh boy.

Lafalumni29
September 3rd, 2011, 07:40 PM
Defense back on the field. This is not good.

Pard4Life
September 3rd, 2011, 07:40 PM
This is gettig bad fast because we can't do anything with the ball... and we have no kicking game again.

Fordham
September 3rd, 2011, 07:42 PM
Cmon Pards!!!!!

Lafalumni29
September 3rd, 2011, 07:46 PM
It's getting to the point where guys who are right there to make the tackle, can't!! I'm getting sick to my stomach.

Lafalumni29
September 3rd, 2011, 07:48 PM
BUT! NOBODY goes through Ben Eaton. :)

Pard4Life
September 3rd, 2011, 07:48 PM
Well after NDSU scores here, we will:

1) RB counter
2) RB sweep
3) QB rollout
4) punt

Pard4Life
September 3rd, 2011, 07:50 PM
It's getting to the point where guys who are right there to make the tackle, can't!! I'm getting sick to my stomach.

Because we can't get off the field and they are fatigued.

Pard4Life
September 3rd, 2011, 07:53 PM
ps the trivia answer is wrong it's... It's Davidson NC or Orono Maine, as the longest trip we've taken.

Gil Dobie
September 3rd, 2011, 07:56 PM
McNorton usually get rolling in the 2nd half, same tonight. His first half stats were pretty uneventful.

Gil Dobie
September 3rd, 2011, 08:01 PM
ps the trivia answer is wrong it's... It's Davidson NC or Orono Maine, as the longest trip we've taken.

There are a lot of FCS teams in your area, correct?

Pard4Life
I hope the NDSU people see the correlation between our crappy conservative play calling and inabilty to move the ball... and when we look longer than five yards... we move the ball!

Gil Dobie
TD Leopards, missed xp

Pard4Life
September 3rd, 2011, 08:02 PM
There are a lot of FCS teams in your area, correct?

Yeah... if you see an FCS team map, 75 percentof the teams are inthe east.

Gil Dobie
September 3rd, 2011, 08:03 PM
I hope the NDSU people see the correlation between our crappy conservative play calling and inabilty to move the ball... and when we look longer than five yards... we move the ball!

We had a few OC's that were very conservative, glad they are gone.

Pard4Life
September 3rd, 2011, 08:03 PM
TD Leopards, missed xp

I thought 2010 season ended!?!?

Pard4Life
September 3rd, 2011, 08:04 PM
We had a few OC's that were very conservative, glad they are gone.

He he... It's not the OC who is conservative...

Pard4Life
September 3rd, 2011, 08:07 PM
Laf announcer: if they could have that first half back laf would have passed more... duuuh

Gil Dobie
September 3rd, 2011, 08:10 PM
Jet Kollie is the return guy name of the year. Cool name for a kick returner.

Gil Dobie
September 3rd, 2011, 08:12 PM
FYI, Holloway and QB Jensen are roommates.

Pard4Life
September 3rd, 2011, 08:12 PM
That TD play call was unecesary.

Gil Dobie
September 3rd, 2011, 08:15 PM
We've lost games that we got conservative on with only a 21 pt lead. Probably go into run mode the next series.

Pard4Life
September 3rd, 2011, 08:20 PM
True but midway through the fourth against inept offense?

Gil Dobie
September 3rd, 2011, 08:20 PM
Was Dayton as far west that Lafayette had been prior to this game?

Gil Dobie
September 3rd, 2011, 08:23 PM
True but midway through the fourth against inept offense?

Your passing game was showing some good movement in the 2nd half.

Gil Dobie
September 3rd, 2011, 08:24 PM
17023 at the game tonight.

Pard4Life
September 3rd, 2011, 08:26 PM
Was that timeout necessary?

Pard4Life
September 3rd, 2011, 08:27 PM
Was Dayton as far west that Lafayette had been prior to this game?

No we have never been to Dayton.. Parkersburg, WV in 1896 vs WVU.

Pard4Life
September 3rd, 2011, 08:31 PM
Your passing game was showing some good movement in the 2nd half.

Yeah, because we had no choice but to throw... we have a great flow when we open the playbook, but we do it too late, always against teams where we are getting beat. This loss has Tavani's fingerprints all over it.

Gil Dobie
September 3rd, 2011, 08:32 PM
Good luck Lafayette in the rest of the season

Franks Tanks
September 3rd, 2011, 08:38 PM
Yeah, because we had no choice but to throw... we have a great flow when we open the playbook, but we do it too late, always against teams where we are getting beat. This loss has Tavani's fingerprints all over it.

NDSU is a very good team, but this was a pathetic showing by the Leopards. None of our issues from last year have improved.

Franks Tanks
September 3rd, 2011, 08:39 PM
Good luck Lafayette in the rest of the season

Thanks Gil-- Good luckk to the Bison as well.

Pard4Life
September 3rd, 2011, 08:53 PM
Yes good luck to the Bison. You guys have a solid team.

I am just sorry that we did not make this a competitive game. This is not Lafayette football and not what we are capable of.

Twentysix
September 3rd, 2011, 08:54 PM

NDSU covered 36.

Twentysix
September 3rd, 2011, 08:57 PM
I'm not watching, are the empty seats in the student section?

Student section filled in relativly well. But its labor day what do you expect? Its the last weekend for the lakes I guess. Next week should be better and homecoming will be 19000.

It was quieter in there than it was for the 12000 in the playoff game.

DJKyR0
September 3rd, 2011, 11:55 PM
Bison impressed me a lot tonight, QB Jensen is improved though his short game still needs work. That hookup to Warren as he took a shot that went for a TD was just beautiful, and the kind of play you need to make to be a great QB. Running game didn't take off until they started going outside, which leads me to compliment the stoutness of Lafayette up front. Much better run D than I was led to believe. For what the loss is worth, starting receiver Zach Vraa is out possibly 8 weeks with a broken collarbone. xsmhx Bad deal.

Safe travels to those Leopard fans that came out to Fargo for the game, I know a few mentioned how much they enjoyed the tailgate scene! Good luck the rest of the season.

Pard4Life
September 4th, 2011, 12:47 AM
How many Pard fans did you meet that were not player parents?

DJKyR0
September 4th, 2011, 01:39 AM
How many Pard fans did you meet that were not player parents?

Two. One was PardsRule.

Bison Fan in NW MN
September 4th, 2011, 08:06 AM
Pretty much what I expected for a score. The Bison offense took a few quarters to find its groove but the defense really impressed me. The 1st stringers held the Pards to 50 yds of offense. The Pards offense started to move the ball alittle when the 2nd/3rd string defense was in.

Overall it was not too bad for a 1st game. Vraa loss is unfortunate....other WRs need to step up now.

darell1976
September 4th, 2011, 08:10 AM
I heard on the radio (KFGO) last night that the lighting in the dome was a big improvement. And Gene Taylor said the turf should be in place for next year. Good things are happening at NDSU.

ngineer
September 4th, 2011, 09:01 AM
Who's calling Lafayette's plays? Tavani or the OC? Surprised 'pards didn't throw more early on..especially with Rudolph out. On the road in a hostile environment, and decided underdogs, seems to me you'd take a few chances to open it up and keep the D honest. First game issues for both team and coaches. Not a devastating loss if the players don't let it affect them. Could actually help if the coaches use it as an opportunity to get some messages across.

FargoBison
September 4th, 2011, 09:44 AM
Video highlights and game recap from Gobison.com....

http://www.gobison.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=2400&ATCLID=205266403

Pard4Life
September 4th, 2011, 10:16 AM
Who's calling Lafayette's plays? Tavani or the OC? Surprised 'pards didn't throw more early on..especially with Rudolph out. On the road in a hostile environment, and decided underdogs, seems to me you'd take a few chances to open it up and keep the D honest. First game issues for both team and coaches. Not a devastating loss if the players don't let it affect them. Could actually help if the coaches use it as an opportunity to get some messages across.

You would think the OC would call the plays, but the play calling has to be all Tavani. Mickey Fien is a pass happy guy... he was a QB at Maine, at his previous stint at Murray State, the Racers were a prolific passing team. Tavani probably said to Fein "this is what we are going to do..." and Fein probably says, "Yes coach."