PDA

View Full Version : AP - Jerry Kill Back to Work

TexasTerror
April 5th, 2006, 05:24 PM
Article making the rounds on the AP Wire the last few hours about SIU coach Jerry Kill, who we all know had some of his kidney removed due to cancer. Glad to see Kill is doing better and even better for such a great story about a I-AA football coach making the rounds...

CARBONDALE, Ill. (AP) -- Three months since losing part of a kidney to cancer, Southern Illinois football coach Jerry Kill is back at work, and as demanding as ever.

"I feel like I'm getting better each day," the 44-year-old Kill said Wednesday, a week after the Salukis began spring football. "I've been going hard and strong, and hopefully that will continue."

The health scare, in fact, may have emboldened the coach.

"He's definitely not taking it easy by any means," said quarterback Nick Hill, who will be a junior next season. "If there's been any change, he's got more energy and seems to have more drive, more desire."

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2006/football/ncaa/04/05/bc.fbc.salukiscoach.can.ap/

blukeys
April 5th, 2006, 06:56 PM
Best of luck to the Coach. Sounds like he had the same procedure as my brother in the fall of 2003. My brother is still doing fine.

Tod
April 5th, 2006, 08:11 PM
:hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray:

...for both coach Kill and Blukeys bro! :) :) :)

igo4uni
April 5th, 2006, 09:21 PM
Wow, only 44 years old. Best of luck to Coach Kill and his team.

Tod
April 5th, 2006, 09:30 PM
Wow, only 44 years old. Best of luck to Coach Kill and his team.

Yeah, when he passed out last year, I assumed he was in his 60's. :eek: :eek: