PDA

View Full Version : Today is the final day to sign up to vote in the 2011 Poll.

ursus arctos horribilis
August 31st, 2011, 11:16 AM
I'll probably shut it down about 7p MST, 9p EST so if you were planning on doing it then you better do it now.

If your name is on this list DO NOT sign up again. We've got ya.

401ks
813jag
89Hen
andy7171
Anovafan
appattk
appfan2008
Appguy
asknoquarter21
ASUMountaineer
B&G
bamamountaineer1013
bigcasu
bincitysioux
Bison_Kent
bjtheflamesfan
blazrdog#1
blueandwhitefightfight
BlueGoldAg
bluehenbillk
BlueHenSinfonian
Blurattler
bojeta
bonarae
breezy
bullseye44
chattownmocs
citdog
clenz
Cmitty
Cocky
CrazyCat
crusader11
cwboyfan
da_Bison
Dane96
darell1976
ddmann
DJKyR0
DOME
downbythebeach
drpnut
Eagle_77
Eagle16
elonfirefighter
Fargobison
FCS Go!
Fear the Bird
footballer23
FTG06'
GeauxLions94
Gil Dobie
GlassOnion
Go Lehigh TU Owl
GoAgs72
GoBlueHens83
GreatAppSt
Green Cookie Monster
Gringer1
Grizo406
Grizzmark
GSU Eagle
gsuhooligan
HailSzczur
Hambone
HensRock
horseshoe app
humble steward
iceman4221
Ivytalk
Jacked_Rabbit
JaxStateDSM93
jhanel
JMU2K_DukeDawg
jmufan999
JMUNJ08
JSU02
jsubison
kalm
kdinva
KNUTS
LeadBolt
Lehigh Football Nation
Libertine
m_olslund - NDSU
MacThor
MarchingMountaineer
mcneese75
Milktruck74
molly
Mr. C
MR. CHICKEN
msupokes1
Mvemjsunpx
ngineer
NHwildEcat
OB55
OhioHen
Old Grad
OldApp79
Pard4Life
paward
phoenixphanatic21
pleahy
polsongrizz
putter
rabidrabbit
RattlerFan70
Red & Black
redspider
Redwyn
RichH2
ridgerock
Rob Iola
Saint3333
Screamin_Eagle174
SF State Gaters
sikolec
skjellyfetti
slostang
smallcollegefbfan
Sonuvahenx2
SpeedkingATL
squealofthepig
ST_Lawson
superman7515
TBIRDSFN10
T-Dog
techstate
TexasTerror
THE DANIMAL
The Eagle's Cliff
theasushow
TheDancinMonarch
TheRevSFA
Travelinman67
Tribal
Tribe4SF
tribefan40
TTUEagles
twentysix
Twentysix
UD77
UNH_Alum_In_CT
urmite
ursus arctos horribilis
VT Wildcat Fan53
westcoastaggie
WileECoyote06
wmmii
wrenfgun
X-Factor

The signup link:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/viewform?hl=en_US&formkey=dE1vTDlxNExReVYyTHdBQ0JIcXRjRFE6MQ#gid=0

Grizzaholic
August 31st, 2011, 11:24 AM
Looks like you got a really good list of folks signed up Ursus.

ursus arctos horribilis
August 31st, 2011, 12:48 PM
Looks like you got a really good list of folks signed up Ursus.

Yeah it's a heck of a good group of voters. They do some very solid work and don't give the poll committee a lot to scratch their heads about as well. A good informed group for sure.

The only part that is somewhat disappointing is the lack of BSC and MVFC voters in comparison to the CAA and Socon. Seems to be some real apathy there for some reason.

Grizzaholic
August 31st, 2011, 12:52 PM
Yeah it's a heck of a good group of voters. They do some very solid work and don't give the poll committee a lot to scratch their heads about as well. A good informed group for sure.

The only part that is somewhat disappointing is the lack of BSC and MVFC voters in comparison to the CAA and Socon. Seems to be some real apathy there for some reason.

You sure are a subtle one. I get the hint. I am just not all that versed in some of these teams and would be just throwing up on half of the top 25ish every week. I really wish I could be a better person, but all I am good for is picking up the brunch/lunch tabs.

Go...gate
August 31st, 2011, 01:11 PM
One of these years I am going to sign up for this, but I need to get a better feel for all the FCS regions. Until then, I don't think I would be a fully qualified voter. Thanks to those who do vote for your reasoned knowledge, good judgment and absence of homerism.

Appaholic
August 31st, 2011, 01:23 PM
I'm in.....since I'm not drinking, might actually do some research this year....

PantherRob82
August 31st, 2011, 01:27 PM
+1 MVFC/BSC voter. Although I am fairly educated about all the conferences.

TheRevSFA
August 31st, 2011, 01:28 PM
So do I need to sign up again? :D

Grizzaholic
August 31st, 2011, 01:34 PM

Drunk again I see.

TheRevSFA
August 31st, 2011, 01:40 PM
Drunk again I see.

I learned it from watching you!

ursus arctos horribilis
August 31st, 2011, 01:52 PM
You sure are a subtle one. I get the hint. I am just not all that versed in some of these teams and would be just throwing up on half of the top 25ish every week. I really wish I could be a better person, but all I am good for is picking up the brunch/lunch tabs.

One of these years I am going to sign up for this, but I need to get a better feel for all the FCS regions. Until then, I don't think I would be a fully qualified voter. Thanks to those who do vote for your reasoned knowledge, good judgment and absence of homerism.

You don't need to feel any pressure to sign up fella's. The fact that you do shows that you take it seriously though. That reasoning is not valid though. Everybody that I've seen that does sign up for these seems to feel a responsibility to do a good job (except SH on CSxlolx) and they ask questions on things they don't know and get some discussion going on the questions they ask.

Both of you have been around and been active in discussions on FCS even if more active when it concerns your team/conference but I'm sure you at least have given a passing look at the other discussions.

No need to profess some lack of knowledge because it does not exist. I'd put either one of you up against 90% of the people that vote in the coaches polls and the media polls.

The catch in case you did make some bone headed choice is that the poll committee would just simply ask "did you really mean this?" and if you had a fairly solid reason for it then it very likely stands. The poll committee is a nice representation of the fans across the nation so you will probably have someone in there making your argument for you anyway.

There is not much for the Poll Committee to even discuss so that shows how well versed the voters are.

ursus arctos horribilis
August 31st, 2011, 01:52 PM

You are a ball busting SOB.xlolx

darell1976
August 31st, 2011, 01:58 PM
You have Twentysix listed twice...does that mean 2 votes for NDSU?

Grizzaholic
August 31st, 2011, 02:00 PM
You don't need to feel any pressure to sign up fella's. The fact that you do shows that you take it seriously though. That reasoning is not valid though. Everybody that I've seen that does sign up for these seems to feel a responsibility to do a good job (except SH on CSxlolx) and they ask questions on things they don't know and get some discussion going on the questions they ask.

Both of you have been around and been active in discussions on FCS even if more active when it concerns your team/conference but I'm sure you at least have given a passing look at the other discussions.

No need to profess some lack of knowledge because it does not exist. I'd put either one of you up against 90% of the people that vote in the coaches polls and the media polls.

The catch in case you did make some bone headed choice is that the poll committee would just simply ask "did you really mean this?" and if you had a fairly solid reason for it then it very likely stands. The poll committee is a nice representation of the fans across the nation so you will probably have someone in there making your argument for you anyway.

There is not much for the Poll Committee to even discuss so that shows how well versed the voters are.

U.A.H.,

Everything you said is probably mostly true. I do care, and that is why I would feel dirty if I submitted a poll. I also wouldn't have an answer for many of my pics...maybe not half but 8-10 most weeks. Thanks for the kind words. I will give it some thought and will get back to ya later this evening if I decide to jump in with two left feet.

And I do read most of what is posted about other teams because come playoff time I like to know something about the other teams playing.

BTW who is the next Banner Sponsor? Can I pay for one for OCT? And no it won't be SUU or Montana. Do I need to do the facts or is there someone doing that for me?

ursus arctos horribilis
August 31st, 2011, 03:25 PM
U.A.H.,

Everything you said is probably mostly true. I do care, and that is why I would feel dirty if I submitted a poll. I also wouldn't have an answer for many of my pics...maybe not half but 8-10 most weeks. Thanks for the kind words. I will give it some thought and will get back to ya later this evening if I decide to jump in with two left feet.

And I do read most of what is posted about other teams because come playoff time I like to know something about the other teams playing.

BTW who is the next Banner Sponsor? Can I pay for one for OCT? And no it won't be SUU or Montana. Do I need to do the facts or is there someone doing that for me?

No sponsor for Oct. I just wanted to get one going and do the run through. We'll maybe start something up on the running "Fact a day" thing in November or December. The member fans of the school provide the facts and send them to me and if they are approved as not being a smack driven thing then they are used.

TheRevSFA
August 31st, 2011, 03:28 PM
how about other fansites sponsoring :D

ursus arctos horribilis
August 31st, 2011, 03:43 PM
how about other fansites sponsoring :D

Whatever promotes FCS Football is fine with me.

ursus arctos horribilis
August 31st, 2011, 04:57 PM
Wow, got a pretty good group of new sign ups today so keep it going!

ursus arctos horribilis
August 31st, 2011, 05:01 PM
I'm in.....since I'm not drinking, might actually do some research this year....

I don't show ya on there Appa? Are you sure you submitted the info.?

I have PantherRob and the other guys on there so I know it's working correctly.

Here's the link again...

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/viewform?hl=en_US&formkey=dE1vTDlxNExReVYyTHdBQ0JIcXRjRFE6MQ#gid=0

asumike83
August 31st, 2011, 05:04 PM
Willing to make an exception to the 1-year membership rule?

ursus arctos horribilis
August 31st, 2011, 05:08 PM
Willing to make an exception to the 1-year membership rule?

There are a few that have been added due to the fact that they have been active posters in the discussion forum and I am pretty sure you would meet that criteria so sign up and I'll run it by the committee but the chances are real good you get in. Sign up!

asumike83
August 31st, 2011, 05:46 PM
There are a few that have been added due to the fact that they have been active posters in the discussion forum and I am pretty sure you would meet that criteria so sign up and I'll run it by the committee but the chances are real good you get in. Sign up!

Glad I asked, thanks!

Grizzaholic
August 31st, 2011, 11:30 PM
Sign me up Ursus.

Grizzaholic
August 31st, 2011, 11:35 PM
I just tried to sign up...I know I am way late, and I got a notice saying it was turned off. I sure hope me knowing a few folks can persuade the ownership to allow a Side Judge Protege' to sneak in late.

If not, no biggie. I will just slander this site all over the inter-webs.

I just read the POLL rules and it states that I just need to be registered by AUG 31st..and it is still Wednesday in Montana...I have a very good Lawyer on standby.

I trust that the ownership here will do the correct thing. :)

TheRevSFA
September 1st, 2011, 06:55 AM
Whatever promotes FCS Football is fine with me.

What if it's just the SFA fansite...but we talk nice about other schools (except Sam)

ursus arctos horribilis
September 1st, 2011, 12:03 PM
What if it's just the SFA fansite...but we talk nice about other schools (except Sam)

I'm pretty sure I answered this already.:D

appfan2008
September 1st, 2011, 12:06 PM
sweet I am in again... it is always a fun activity to work on each weekend!

TheRevSFA
September 1st, 2011, 01:09 PM
I'm pretty sure I answered this already.:D

Sure we'll sponsor..what do we have to do?

RabidRabbit
September 1st, 2011, 01:24 PM
If you're around, and reading here on a 2x or maybe daily basis, then you should consider being a pollster. It's always tougher to vote for conferences and teams that you know only from reading here. But the more that the lesser known leagues' fans participate, the more the more dominant schools' fans will get to know about the other programs. Further, if you are a fan of a 15-35th ranked team, you can really help balance out those that only climb on the polling bandwagon when their home team is highly rated.

This is your LAST OPPORTUNITY to PARTICIPATE this SEASON! JOIN NOW!!!!

ursus arctos horribilis
September 1st, 2011, 01:38 PM
If you're around, and reading here on a 2x or maybe daily basis, then you should consider being a pollster. It's always tougher to vote for conferences and teams that you know only from reading here. But the more that the lesser known leagues' fans participate, the more the more dominant schools' fans will get to know about the other programs. Further, if you are a fan of a 15-35th ranked team, you can really help balance out those that only climb on the polling bandwagon when their home team is highly rated.

This is your LAST OPPORTUNITY to PARTICIPATE this SEASON! JOIN NOW!!!!

I had closed it last night but I have gotten a couple pm's so I will open it for two hours today. It is now 12:36p MST. I will open it for two hours and then it is all over.

Do it now if you're gonna do it. Your words inspired me RR...and it didn't look like you knew it was closed.:D

TheRevSFA
September 1st, 2011, 01:48 PM
Ursus, since you re-opened do I need to re-register? :D

http://www.mensweekly.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2010/07/why_girls_love_assholes1.jpg