PDA

View Full Version : GSU lands Pittsburg QB

MACHIAVELLI
April 5th, 2006, 10:17 AM
http://media.scout.com/media/image/23/230654.gif
Brentley to Grambling

Perry quarterback Desmond Brentley will attend Grambling State University (La.). Brentley was the Post-Gazette City League Player of the Year and a Post-Gazette Fabulous 22 selection. He threw for more than 2,000 yards each of the past two seasons.

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/06095/679481-49.stm

Scout.com Player Evaluation:
STRENGTHS
Accuracy / Consistency, Field Vision, Poise and Leadership
AREAS FOR IMPROVEMENT
Release

Brentley has all the tools that you would want in a quarterback. he is a leader, has above average arm strength, he is accurate, and makes sound decisions. The one knock on him is he tends to throw with a 3/4 release, but he is effective.

Biography:
Final SR (11-2) Season Stats: completed 109 of 206 passes for 2,226 yards and 29 touchdowns. For his career, Brentley threw for 4, 454 yards and 67 touchdowns.
Brentley was named to the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette "Fab 22" team. Named first team Associated Press Class AAA All-State.

Final JR Season stats: Brentley completed 147 of 236 pass attempts, for 2,117 yards and 20 touchdowns in 2004.

Brentley was named first team Associated Press Class AAA All-State, first team All-City League, City League Offensive MVP, and Pittsburgh Post-Gazette “Fabulous 22” as a junior.

Scouting Report Brentley is considered to be a more polished QB then Rod Rutherford was coming out of high school. He plays with a tremendous will to win. He is a big, physical kid who stands in the pocket, but has the mobility to elude the rush.

http://scout.scout.com/a.z?s=141&p=8&c=1&nid=1578697&refid=4927

SunCoastBlueHen
April 5th, 2006, 10:35 AM
When I saw the title of this thread, I thought Grambling was getting a transfer QB from the University of Pittsburgh and was dying to know if Wannstedt released him from his scholarship. xlolx

Sounds like a nice recruit for the Tigers.

89Hen
April 5th, 2006, 03:18 PM
When I saw the title of this thread, I thought Grambling was getting a transfer QB from the University of Pittsburgh and was dying to know if Wannstedt released him from his scholarship. xlolx

Ditto and ditto. Congrats GSU.

rokamortis
April 5th, 2006, 03:25 PM

Me too - except I thought Georgia Southern had gotten the QB from University of Pittsburgh :o

darussian12
April 5th, 2006, 03:43 PM
im sure most on here will think the same clicking the thread...i though it was about Georgia Southern and Wandsdetts Pittsburgh

bandl
April 5th, 2006, 03:50 PM
im sure most on here will think the same clicking the thread...i though it was about Georgia Southern and Wandsdetts Pittsburgh

Only for a split sec...then I saw that Mach posted the thread and knew he was talking about Grambling.

Where, and what, in the hell is Pittsburg though?

Catmendue2
April 5th, 2006, 04:30 PM
Me too - except I thought Georgia Southern had gotten the QB from University of Pittsburgh :o

No way would Wandstedde release him to Grambling and they play each other in 2007. :nod:

cosmo here
April 5th, 2006, 05:12 PM
Only for a split sec...then I saw that Mach posted the thread and knew he was talking about Grambling.

Where, and what, in the hell is Pittsburg though?

Pittsburg State, a DII school in Kansas ?

blukeys
April 5th, 2006, 06:11 PM

We need to quit dissing Wannstadt. He keeps sending us good transfers who don't like his methods, personality, or coaching style. I think if we could schedule Pitt in a game it would be another 4-5 transfers who just want to put it to him. I know Flacco is dying for that game. :nod: :nod: