PDA

View Full Version : 2006 EWU Football Schedule

eagle1
April 4th, 2006, 05:18 PM
2006 Tentative Football Schedule (updated 4/4/06)

Date - Opponent - Site - Time
Aug. 31 - at Oregon State - Corvallis, Ore. - 7 p.m.
Sept. 9 - at West Virginia - Morgantown, W.V. - TBA
Sept. 16 - Central Washington - Cheney, Wash. - 6:05 p.m.
Sept. 23 - at *Montana State - Bozeman, Mont. - 12:05 p.m.
Sept. 30 - *Sacramento State - Cheney, Wash. - 2:05 p.m.
Oct. 7 - *Montana - Cheney, Wash. - 2:05 p.m.
Oct. 14 - at *Northern Colorado - Greeley, Colo. - Afternoon
Oct. 21 - at *Portland State - Portland, Ore. - 6:05 p.m.
Oct. 28 - *#Northern Arizona - Cheney, Wash. - 2:05 p.m.
Nov. 4 - at *Weber State - Ogden, Utah - 12:05 p.m.
Nov. 11 - *Idaho State - Cheney, Wash. - 2:05 p.m.

All Times Pacific. TIMES ARE TENTATIVE AND SUBJECT TO CHANGE CALL 509-359-6334 or 1-800-648-7697 FOR CHANGES

*Big Sky Conference Game. #Homecoming.

Home Football Games in Cheney Take Place at Woodward Field on the EWU campus.

:hurray: Go Eagles!!!

GOKATS
April 4th, 2006, 06:23 PM
The double header with Idaho St. should make for a long day. ;)

eagle1
April 4th, 2006, 07:15 PM
Thanks for the heads up GOKATS! I deleted the extra game with Idaho State. The first two games are going to be tough on a young team. Go Eagles!!!

DaGriz
April 4th, 2006, 09:35 PM
Wow, West Virgina. After watching their bowl game against Georgia last year, good luck to you. As the season gets closer we should do a blow out poll. Which Big Sky team gets blown out the most in their I-A game? You can definitely include us in that discussion too. PSU might get blown out more than once. Sac St? Good luck. Cats might actually have a decent chance at not getting blown out. CU loses their QB and stud TE. Of course Cats have a new QB too so who knows.

TexasTerror
April 4th, 2006, 10:24 PM
Tough schedule for Eagles. Two Div I-As and a sub Div-I opponent...

It's going to take a Big Sky title or a one-loss Big Sky season to get in...

TypicalTribe
April 5th, 2006, 10:45 AM
Tough schedule for Eagles. Two Div I-As and a sub Div-I opponent...

It's going to take a Big Sky title or a one-loss Big Sky season to get in...

In other words, another team that pretty much is staying home without the auto bid.

colgate13
April 5th, 2006, 10:50 AM
In other words, another team that pretty much is staying home without the auto bid.

Exactly. It makes me wonder that if some of the best I-AA teams in a particular year could sit at home for the sake of a payday, maybe some more schools other than the SWAC have pretty much stated the playoffs ain't where it's at?

Ronbo
April 5th, 2006, 12:30 PM
That's a good point. When you are an EWU, Sac. State, or Portland State and you average about 7000 fans at home games ther isn't much revenue coming in. Sac. State sells general admission tickets for $8. They probably only make $50-60,000 each home game. That's less than $400,000 a year in ticket sale revenue. Montana makes over $600,000 gross in one game. So these schools are forced to go the "body bag game" direction as they make more in two I-A away games than they do their entire home schedule.
The playoffs really don't produce any revenue. If you are on the road the NCAA just covers your expenses. If you are home the profits are small even at Montana where we get a sellout crowd at $25 bucks a seat for second round game. The NCAA takes a big percentage of the gate.