PDA

View Full Version : Football Gameplan's AGS Game of the Week Preview (SUU vs. SDSU)

ursus arctos horribilis
August 29th, 2011, 07:24 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cu3emtTtWp4

We are gonna run a game of the week each week and help Emory out by giving our input as to which one we think is fairly important that coming week.

Now we need to work 1 week in advance so I can have the results for him by Saturday for the following week's game.

This is where things can be real interactive so jump in and help make the decisions.

I will start another thread for next weeks games and follow along with the OB55 style of nominations & seconds.

ursus arctos horribilis
August 30th, 2011, 11:32 AM
This is the type of preview Emory will be doing for the game you nominate and second in the other thread I'm running.

Do you guys from SDSU, MVFC, or the GWFC not care about these or did it just get buried? Seems like you guys would have some opinions on this?

JSUBison
August 30th, 2011, 11:51 AM
Front page is starting to move pretty fast, I think it just fell off. Plenty of interest, it will get going as the season progresses and people know about this.

dakotadan
August 30th, 2011, 02:57 PM
Go Thunderbirds.

bojeta
August 30th, 2011, 03:08 PM
This is the type of preview Emory will be doing for the game you nominate and second in the other thread I'm running.

Do you guys from SDSU, MVFC, or the GWFC not care about these or did it just get buried? Seems like you guys would have some opinions on this?

I thought I sent in my picks for Cal Poly's big games. Week #2 it's a rematch with Montana. Cal Poly pulled off the big upset last year in week 2 beating Montana 35-33. This game is always highly competitive, often ending in 1-2 point margins and coming down to the last few plays. I suspect this year will be no different. Game is in Missoula.

ursus arctos horribilis
August 30th, 2011, 03:23 PM
I thought I sent in my picks for Cal Poly's big games. Week #2 it's a rematch with Montana. Cal Poly pulled off the big upset last year in week 2 beating Montana 35-33. This game is always highly competitive, often ending in 1-2 point margins and coming down to the last few plays. I suspect this year will be no different. Game is in Missoula.

You did brother. This is where this whole thing gets kind of confusing and why I titled the other thread "Week 2".

The 2nd weeks pick has to be done by the first gameday so he has time to put it together.

You better go over to that thread and vote cuz there just aren't a lot of Griz/BSC or Cal Poly/GWFC fans participating in much of anything around here so we're very likely to not have it with the vote.

The Jax/Chatty game is probably pull the week two if I'm guessing correctly. Voting in that poll ends this Saturday around noon MST so rally what you can.

This one is the Week 1 game preview.

ursus arctos horribilis
August 31st, 2011, 03:49 PM
Now where did I put that week two thread at anyway?

bojeta
August 31st, 2011, 03:53 PM
You did brother. This is where this whole thing gets kind of confusing and why I titled the other thread "Week 2".

The 2nd weeks pick has to be done by the first gameday so he has time to put it together.

You better go over to that thread and vote cuz there just aren't a lot of Griz/BSC or Cal Poly/GWFC fans participating in much of anything around here so we're very likely to not have it with the vote.

The Jax/Chatty game is probably pull the week two if I'm guessing correctly. Voting in that poll ends this Saturday around noon MST so rally what you can.

This one is the Week 1 game preview.

Thanks! I voted. Looks like we need a few more though.

ursus arctos horribilis
August 31st, 2011, 03:57 PM
Thanks! I voted. Looks like we need a few more though.

No doubt. That's a pretty tight race.

Jacked_Rabbit
August 31st, 2011, 04:38 PM
JSUBison is right - this must have just gotten buried... This is the first I've seen this thread, and I had no idea that we are included in the Game of the Week. Emory picked us to finish 8th in the Valley, so I'm not suprised he picked us to lose at home in this one. I don't expect anyone to fear the Jacks this year because - on paper - we have too many questions marks. I realize SUU has an explosive offense, and I'm sure this will be a difficult test for us, but I still think we will win this game.

This game actually reminds me a lot of our season opener in 2009. Georgia Southern came into Coughlin-Alumi with high expectations and was favored to win, while we had a bunch of question marks on both sides of the ball. When the final horn sounded, the scoreboard had us winning 44-6... I wouldn't be shocked if SDSU turns some heads on Saturday night and wins by a few TD's. That said, if SUU rolls into town and knocks us off on our home turf, I'd expect really big things from them for the throughout the remainder of the season.

ursus arctos horribilis
August 31st, 2011, 04:50 PM
Since some of you guys missed it the first go round...which was very truncated so that is understandable make sure you check out the link to vote for week 2's game.

http://www.anygivensaturday.com/showthread.php?90937-AGS-Game-of-the-Week-Preview-For-Week-Two-%28Football-Gameplan%29

Jacked, I think I'd give a slight edge to SDSU but I would be surprised if they won by a lot.

Jacked_Rabbit
August 31st, 2011, 05:34 PM
Since some of you guys missed it the first go round...which was very truncated so that is understandable make sure you check out the link to vote for week 2's game.

http://www.anygivensaturday.com/showthread.php?90937-AGS-Game-of-the-Week-Preview-For-Week-Two-%28Football-Gameplan%29

Jacked, I think I'd give a slight edge to SDSU but I would be surprised if they won by a lot.

Yeah, me too. I got a little carried away! I think it will probably be a nail-biter...