PDA

View Full Version : SoCon: Would you crap all over yourself?

Apphole
August 29th, 2011, 03:23 PM
If you have atleast a half a brain in your head you know the SoCon would crap all over themselves if they thought Charlotte would actually agree to full membership.

I'll bet you 6 rolls of toilet paper the SoCon begs to differ

Reign of Terrier
August 29th, 2011, 03:24 PM
meh. No one expects it

henfan
August 29th, 2011, 03:28 PM
Was this question written in drunkenese? No comprende.

Apphole
August 29th, 2011, 03:29 PM
Ok how do you edit the thread title? Damn iphone

Grizzaholic
August 29th, 2011, 03:38 PM

Sure...blame the phone.

ElonFirefighter
August 29th, 2011, 03:47 PM
He only had one free hand. He was wiping with the other

49RFootballNow
August 29th, 2011, 04:06 PM

The thread title was written by you, so trying to fix it will only make it worse.

Apphole
August 29th, 2011, 04:10 PM
ANYWAY. SoCon fans, would you crap all over yourself if UNCC wanted to join as a full member?

AppChicago
August 29th, 2011, 04:50 PM
So... the question is would UNCC joining the SoCon give me dysentery?

I'm not sure. It's certainly possible.

Reign of Terrier
August 29th, 2011, 04:54 PM
honestly, I wouldn't mind. If it doesn't happen I won't lose any sleep but it would be great to go up in Charlotte (only about a 45 minute drive for me) to beat a team by 60

eaglesrback
August 29th, 2011, 05:01 PM

Loose nut on the keyboard?

91Niner
August 29th, 2011, 06:01 PM
I'll bet you 6 rolls of toilet paper the SoCon begs to differ

I'd take that bet any day of the week and twice on Sunday.

Appaholic
August 29th, 2011, 06:22 PM
So... the question is would UNCC joining the SoCon give me dysentery?

I'm not sure. It's certainly possible. Depends on the quality of the draft beer thy're serving....

Appaholic
August 29th, 2011, 06:24 PM
I'd take that bet any day of the week and twice on Sunday.

We've already turned you down. You bring nothing to the table.....App already owns the Charlotte market....

alvinkayak6
August 29th, 2011, 06:30 PM
App already owns the Charlotte market....

..........Might be a bit overstated.

App-a-latch-un
August 29th, 2011, 06:51 PM
xlmaox you uncc guys are so far up your own asses the only thing going in and outta your mouths is crap, then you **** yourselves into yourselves

dgtw
August 29th, 2011, 07:18 PM
If the outhouse is occupied, Appy fans just might.

SoCon48
August 29th, 2011, 08:10 PM
ANYWAY. SoCon fans, would you crap all over yourself if UNCC wanted to join as a full member?

I would crap all over myself if they were given membership. What a bummer that would be.

91Niner
August 29th, 2011, 08:33 PM
We've already turned you down. You bring nothing to the table.....App already owns the Charlotte market....

You turned us down for football ONLY. You know this........ "Nothing to the table", the SoCon table.......hahaha.................I have ready some funny ***** on this board, but that is definitely the best!.............................The SoCon would NEVER, EVER turn down Charlotte for full membership. I understand if you guys want admit it on here, cause I know that you can't be that stupid. Lets see, we have schools like Samford but we don't want Charlotte. Yeah, right.

AppChicago
August 29th, 2011, 09:21 PM
You turned us down for football ONLY. You know this........ "Nothing to the table", the SoCon table.......hahaha.................I have ready some funny ***** on this board, but that is definitely the best!.............................The SoCon would NEVER, EVER turn down Charlotte for full membership. I understand if you guys want admit it on here, cause I know that you can't be that stupid. Lets see, we have schools like Samford but we don't want Charlotte. Yeah, right.

App State is not the SoCon. We are a part of the SoCon, sure, but if you look at the direction the conference has been heading in for some time, you'll see that schools like App State and Georgia Southern are the exception, not the rule. The growth strategy adopted by the conference has been tending away from relatively big state institutions like yours and ours and toward smaller private schools. Last three schools out: ETSU, VMI, Marshall. Last three (football) schools in: Samford, Elon, Wofford.

This is a big part of why plenty of folks from App and GSU are antsy to leave the conference. If App and GSU aren't a part of the SoCon's long game, why would UNCC be?

ElonFirefighter
August 29th, 2011, 09:27 PM
UNCC to the soCon thats craz........ xazzx :pumpuke: .....oppps

Grizzaholic
August 29th, 2011, 09:51 PM
Wow. These UNCC posters sure are full of themselves.....not saying that those asshole APP fans aren't as well.

Skjellyfetti
August 29th, 2011, 10:13 PM
The only people crapping all over themselves are the geriatric Furman and Wofford fanbases.

PaladinFan
August 30th, 2011, 07:00 AM
The only people crapping all over themselves are the geriatric Furman and Wofford fanbases.

We've been her long enough not to care.

Besides, I'm not from North Carolina. I didn't go to school in North Carolina. I don't really bother myself much with the App State/UNCC chest beating that has taken over virtually every thread about anything worth reading.

SF State Gaters
August 30th, 2011, 07:15 AM
I'm a bit confused. Wouldn't UNCC be a good addition to the SoCon? Would they not be a better fit in the Big South?

AppChicago
August 30th, 2011, 07:17 AM
Besides, I'm not from North Carolina. I didn't go to school in North Carolina. I don't really bother myself much with the App State/UNCC chest beating that has taken over virtually every thread about anything worth reading.

You know, I did go to school in North Carolina, and I still don't get it. I don't think I ever heard anyone talk about UNCC. UNCW and UNCG? Maybe. UNCC? Never.

AshevilleApp2
August 30th, 2011, 07:24 AM
We've been her long enough not to care.

It's a tag team thing. When we aren't arguing with Elon we argue with UNC-Cornbread.

SF State Gaters
August 30th, 2011, 07:28 AM
It's a tag team thing. When we aren't arguing with Elon we argue with UNC-Cornbread.

but the argument is over who belongs in the conference?

AshevilleApp2
August 30th, 2011, 07:38 AM

Doesn't matter what the topic is, we just argue. xnodx

Appaholic
August 30th, 2011, 08:23 AM

Agree and it's a valid argument. We need programs to replace citadel and western who obviously do not belong in SoCon....or Big South for that matter....should move down to D2....

AppAlum2003
August 30th, 2011, 08:34 AM
http://www.hulu.com/watch/10308/saturday-night-live-oops-i-crapped-my-pants

I'm wearing them... and I just did.

BigApp
August 30th, 2011, 08:37 AM
Hey, even the UNCC athletic director said she didn't want their program to LOWER themselves by joining the SoCon in all sports.

PaladinFan
August 30th, 2011, 09:02 AM
You know, I did go to school in North Carolina, and I still don't get it. I don't think I ever heard anyone talk about UNCC. UNCW and UNCG? Maybe. UNCC? Never.

Maybe UNCC is like Georgia State. I have lived my entire life in Georgia (outside of the four years at Furman) and I have known a grand total of 1 person that has a bachelors degree from Georgia State (and I met her three months ago).

For me, Georgia State might as well be in Canada. 99% of the time I hear anyone breath the words "Georgia State" it is on this forum. It's kind of an oddity. Maybe I (like you) just don't hang out with the right people :)

phoenixphanatic21
August 30th, 2011, 09:06 AM
Would I be happy? Sure. I got a few friends who go to UNCC and are nothing like the people who post on here. I'd love to play games against them in all sports. Would I crap myself? Probably not. I'm not that old yet.

91Niner
August 30th, 2011, 09:06 AM
Maybe UNCC is like Georgia State. I have lived my entire life in Georgia (outside of the four years at Furman) and I have known a grand total of 1 person that has a bachelors degree from Georgia State (and I met her three months ago).

For me, Georgia State might as well be in Canada. 99% of the time I hear anyone breath the words "Georgia State" it is on this forum. It's kind of an oddity. Maybe I (like you) just don't hang out with the right people :)

uhh, no......

Apphole
August 30th, 2011, 09:49 AM
uhh, no......

Uhh, yes. You are the same thing. 100% Products of population density. Trade schools with delusions of grandeur and the worst attitudes in the FCS.

GlassOnion
August 30th, 2011, 09:55 AM
I lived in Concord for a year, and I never heard about UNCC at all. I certainly couldnt tell you they were the 49ers.

I live an hour and a half outside of Boone now, and I cant throw a rock without hitting an ASU grad or a car covered in ASU gear.

alvinkayak6
August 30th, 2011, 11:15 AM
Hey, even the UNCC athletic director

And you think this person is competent why?

alvinkayak6
August 30th, 2011, 11:18 AM
Agree and it's a valid argument. We need programs to replace citadel and western who obviously do not belong in SoCon

B&*@*****, the SOCON needs teams. Period. It's not like Samford is adding anything in basketball. The conference is having all kinds of issues because of football & ASU & GSU, and it's certainly not the time to think about downsizing or trading members.

GaSouthern
August 30th, 2011, 12:30 PM
DO NOT WANT

but i'll deal with them, i'm not impressed and I'd rather have Coastal Carolina

ElonPride
August 30th, 2011, 12:44 PM
DO NOT WANT

but i'll deal with them, i'm not impressed and I'd rather have Coastal Carolina

Coastal or Liberty would be pretty nice......though Liberty has a bigger plan for an FBS move.

HXC Niner
August 30th, 2011, 05:19 PM
Uhh, yes. You are the same thing. 100% Products of population density. Trade schools with delusions of grandeur and the worst attitudes in the FCS.

Yep, products of pop density like

Louisville
Cinci
Temple
Memphis

What an astute observation!

Trade schools with delusions of grandeur and the worst attitudes in the FCS.

Pot, have you met Kettle?

49RFootballNow
August 30th, 2011, 05:23 PM

Louisville
Cinci
Temple
Memphis

Apphole doesn't like facts, they get in the way of his bumper sticker counting.

Apphole
August 30th, 2011, 05:25 PM

Louisville
Cinci
Temple
Memphis

Delusions of grandeur is pretty subjective, so I'll leave that alone, but calling App a trade school is a clear cut untruth. It's a undergrad centered university in a college town. Students have a very strong emotional attachment. Trade schools churn out thousands of grads with no love for their school. Sound familiar?

49RFootballNow
August 30th, 2011, 05:27 PM
Delusions of grandeur is pretty subjective, so I'll leave that alone, but calling App a trade school is a clear cut untruth. It's a undergrad centered university in a college town. Students have a very strong emotional attachment. Trade schools churn out thousands of grads with no love for their school. Sound familiar?

Does App call the students back after their hot night of emotional attachment? Is App a generous lover? Does App lube its students before handing them the tuition bill?

gasoutherneagle
August 30th, 2011, 05:31 PM

There is ONE difference... Charlotte has a CAMPUS!!! Georgia State is a patchwork conglomerate of rented floors of different sky-rises in Midtown, 5-points area. They have no true campus. They even rented their football home. If Georgia State closed its doors tomorrow... no one would even know there was once a school in Midtown Atlanta.

HXC Niner
August 30th, 2011, 05:44 PM

If there is no strong emotional attachment then maybe you could explain to me how there are so many of us "delusional fans." 2 of our basketball games is your student population. What are they? apathetic trade students? Where are your fans when football season is out? oh yeah, Chapel Hill, rootin for them holes!

It seems to me that you want to have your cake and eat it too. UNCC- the most delusional, ridiculous, fact ignoring, rabid fans, that don't care at all about their school spirit or sports so much that everyone around campus has App stickers. I love it.

I want to play too. Last time I was at App I saw like 30 times the amount of Charlotte stickers. There was one App sticker in the whole city. The rest of Boone was strangely covered with green and white. Pictures of Norm were everywhere. Trust me guys, I commute by there every day so you know I can't be lying. Oh yeah, and I'm not biased. Wait! There's a college in Boone? I didn't even know they were Mountaineers. I assumed that was WVU.

undergrad centered university in a college town with delusions of grandeur and the worst attitudes in the FCS.

FTFY

Apphole
August 31st, 2011, 11:37 AM
If there is no strong emotional attachment then maybe you could explain to me how there are so many of us "delusional fans." 2 of our basketball games is your student population. What are they? apathetic trade students? Where are your fans when football season is out? oh yeah, Chapel Hill, rootin for them holes!

It seems to me that you want to have your cake and eat it too. UNCC- the most delusional, ridiculous, fact ignoring, rabid fans, that don't care at all about their school spirit or sports so much that everyone around campus has App stickers. I love it.

I want to play too. Last time I was at App I saw like 30 times the amount of Charlotte stickers. There was one App sticker in the whole city. The rest of Boone was strangely covered with green and white. Pictures of Norm were everywhere. Trust me guys, I commute by there every day so you know I can't be lying. Oh yeah, and I'm not biased. Wait! There's a college in Boone? I didn't even know they were Mountaineers. I assumed that was WVU.

undergrad centered university in a college town with delusions of grandeur and the worst attitudes in the FCS.

FTFY

Oh man, I can tell I really got to somebody after reading that incoherent rant. Double your bball game attendance is our student population? Well hey our football attendance is twice our student population, so I guess that puts you in your place. You can't even fill your bball venue (while playing teams that your ACC loyal fanbase has heard of as opposed to football where your students will not) and you expect to compete with an App stadium that draws weekly crowds in the 30 thousands? Yes. Delusions of grandeur indeed. I have never, in my four years of school nor any time visiting, seen a UNCC sticker in Boone, though I realize your sarcasm there I just wanted to point that out. I recall a GaSo fan posting something about that earlier this year. Since you're so new to football I'll explain that GaSo and App are bitter rivals and would disagree on most points (He's not biased!!). Anyway, the poster noted that his son, also an avid GaSo fan, took an internship in Charlotte. He said his son really liked the city, but he couldn't get over how many App sticker/t-shirts he saw. He said they seemed to be everywhere, even more common that UNC. Deny, Deny, Deny. That will certainly make you feel better, but without an independent study I can't remove all reasonable doubt. So we can agree to disagree about what every Charlottian knows, but alumni from Concord seem to wishfully overlook. To say that an App student roots for UNC in football is asinine. We may have that problem for basketball (UNCC has the same problem on the same scale), but App students/alums love App football and nothing else of the like. You can keep talking up your bball attendance too with half the seats empty. We have nothing to brag about as far a bball attendance either, but we have a football stadium that's at 150% capacity every home game. 30 thousand people have never and will never attend a UNCC home game in any sport. That is the point. Your crown jewel=7k ours=30. How could you possibly argue that you have more support? oh yeah that's right, a lack-luster education from a glorified community college has left you adept at argumentation and reasoning skills.

49RFootballNow
August 31st, 2011, 11:51 AM
Oh man, I can tell I really got to somebody after reading that incoherent rant. Double your bball game attendance is our student population? Well hey our football attendance is twice our student population, so I guess that puts you in your place. You can't even fill your bball venue (while playing teams that your ACC loyal fanbase has heard of as opposed to football where your students will not) and you expect to compete with an App stadium that draws weekly crowds in the 30 thousands? Yes. Delusions of grandeur indeed. I have never, in my four years of school nor any time visiting, seen a UNCC sticker in Boone, though I realize your sarcasm there I just wanted to point that out. I recall a GaSo fan posting something about that earlier this year. Since you're so new to football I'll explain that GaSo and App are bitter rivals and would disagree on most points (He's not biased!!). Anyway, the poster noted that his son, also an avid GaSo fan, took an internship in Charlotte. He said his son really liked the city, but he couldn't get over how many App sticker/t-shirts he saw. He said they seemed to be everywhere, even more common that UNC. Deny, Deny, Deny. That will certainly make you feel better, but without an independent study I can't remove all reasonable doubt. So we can agree to disagree about what every Charlottian knows, but alumni from Concord seem to wishfully overlook. To say that an App student roots for UNC in football is asinine. We may have that problem for basketball (UNCC has the same problem on the same scale), but App students/alums love App football and nothing else of the like. You can keep talking up your bball attendance too with half the seats empty. We have nothing to brag about as far a bball attendance either, but we have a football stadium that's at 150% capacity every home game. 30 thousand people have never and will never attend a UNCC home game in any sport. That is the point. Your crown jewel=7k ours=30. How could you possibly argue that you have more support? oh yeah that's right, a lack-luster education from a glorified community college has left you adept at argumentation and reasoning skills.

At least he knows how to use paragraphs.

StorminASU
August 31st, 2011, 12:19 PM

Haha, you have to admit that's a valid argumenthttp://s3.amazonaws.com/kym-assets/entries/icons/original/000/006/151/tumblr_lltzgnHi5F1qzib3wo1_400.jpg?1308698386

Apphole
August 31st, 2011, 12:42 PM

Sorry I forgot to pause for retards

49RFootballNow
August 31st, 2011, 02:03 PM
Sorry I forgot to pause for retards

If you paused for retards you'd never get past a mirror.

91Niner
August 31st, 2011, 02:16 PM
49rFN......the guy (AppHole) is hopeless. he exaggerates everything related to his school on the WAY overly positive side and does the exact opposite when he talks about Charlotte. For example, he talks as if UNC-Tweetsie always has crowds in the "30s", when in fact they've had what, 2 crowds both barely over 30,000 assuming those were even accurate counts. I mean, if their AD expected those crowds every game wouldn't he want to expand that 21,000 seat stadium with actual seats for all those people. Maybe they're not quite as confident as he is.

As for our crowds, we've had numerous crowds for bball of 11,000+ before Halton was ever built and many sellouts in Halton. Its hard to put more than 9105 in an arena that seats 9105. He also apparently has a crystal ball because he KNOWS we'll "never have 30,000" people for any of our sporting events.......He is sort of funny, but awkwardly sad at the same time. I mean, he is so obviously defensive about his great school/team that he has to try and belittle/exaggerate negatively about Charlotte at every opportunity.

I know this though, in the only MAJOR sport that we both play (until 2013 atleast) we outdraw them about 2:1 (conservative figure) on average. Its hard to compare their football attendance with ours since we haven't played a game yet. I think he will be surprised at our football crowds from day 1.

Apphole
August 31st, 2011, 02:26 PM
49rFN......the guy (AppHole) is hopeless. he exaggerates everything related to his school on the WAY overly positive side and does the exact opposite when he talks about Charlotte. For example, he talks as if UNC-Tweetsie always has crowds in the "30s", when in fact they've had what, 2 crowds both barely over 30,000 assuming those were even accurate counts. I mean, if their AD expected those crowds every game wouldn't he want to expand that 21,000 seat stadium with actual seats for all those people. Maybe they're not quite as confident as he is.

As for our crowds, we've had numerous crowds for bball of 11,000+ before Halton was ever built and many sellouts in Halton. Its hard to put more than 9105 in an arena that seats 9105. He also apparently has a crystal ball because he KNOWS we'll "never have 30,000" people for any of our sporting events.......He is sort of funny, but awkwardly sad at the same time. I mean, he is so obviously defensive about his great school/team that he has to try and belittle/exaggerate negatively about Charlotte at every opportunity.

I know this though, in the only MAJOR sport that we both play (until 2013 atleast) we outdraw them about 2:1 (conservative figure) on average. Its hard to compare their football attendance with ours since we haven't played a game yet. I think he will be surprised at our football crowds from day 1.

Well for starters our average attendance last year was 29,449. I'm sorry for rounding up. What an exaggeration. You're right that really changes things there. My crystal ball also says that your first game will be better attended than any game you have for a year or two. It's called "hype." Or at least until some SoCon schools come through that people have actually heard of.

Skjellyfetti
August 31st, 2011, 03:06 PM
Can we just delete this thread, please? What a ****show.

ElonFirefighter
August 31st, 2011, 03:08 PM
Can we just delete this thread, please? What a ****show.

xsmileyclapxxsmileyclapxxsmileyclapx

Apphole
August 31st, 2011, 03:10 PM
I made it to draw the UNCC trolls off our FBS thread. Of course it didn't work it just opened a two front war. They have no team so it's understandable.

91Niner
August 31st, 2011, 03:27 PM
Well for starters our average attendance last year was 29,449. I'm sorry for rounding up. What an exaggeration. You're right that really changes things there. My crystal ball also says that your first game will be better attended than any game you have for a year or two. It's called "hype." Or at least until some SoCon schools come through that people have actually heard of.

Yeah, you rounded up all right.....WAYYYY up......according to your school's own website your average attendance per home game last season comes to 25,715, including a grand total of ONE game at or above 30,000. The Elon game box score shows 31,531. Seems there was quite a downturn in attendance as the year went along, too.......Sure, you don't exaggerate, whats 4,000/game between friends?........hahaha

Apphole
August 31st, 2011, 03:42 PM
Yeah, you rounded up all right.....WAYYYY up......according to your school's own website your average attendance per home game last season comes to 25,715, including a grand total of ONE game at or above 30,000. The Elon game box score shows 31,531. Seems there was quite a downturn in attendance as the year went along, too.......Sure, you don't exaggerate, whats 4,000/game between friends?........hahaha
Look for the regular season average jackass. That would be 29,449. Playoff attendence is irrelevant. It's a nationwide phenomenon.

91Niner
August 31st, 2011, 03:46 PM
Look for the regular season average jackass. That would be 29,449. Playoff attendence is irrelevant. It's a nationwide phenomenon.

Ahhhhhhhahhahaha.............yeah, nobody wants to see a playoff game!!!!..........hahahahaha

AppAlum2003
August 31st, 2011, 03:48 PM
Ahhhhhhhahhahaha.............yeah, nobody wants to see a playoff game!!!!..........hahahahaha

facts are facts... playoffs in FCS don't draw... anywhere.

Maybe you'd understand had your team stepped on the field yet.

Apphole
August 31st, 2011, 04:02 PM

They'll be "stepping in the field" for a while before they learn about the playoffs.

asumike83
August 31st, 2011, 04:13 PM
Here we go again...

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2167/2175749776_1be6699b8c_m.jpg

49RFootballNow
August 31st, 2011, 04:16 PM
Here we go again...

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2167/2175749776_1be6699b8c_m.jpg

That kind of looks like the map of North Carolina they're pissing in?

asumike83
August 31st, 2011, 04:19 PM
That kind of looks like the map of North Carolina they're pissing in?

That would just make it even MORE appropriate, huh?

91Niner
August 31st, 2011, 06:57 PM

but, but....I thought Ap had so many fans clamoring to get into all their games........seriously though, you guys have good crowds but if playoffs and a little cold weather keep them away how dedicated are they really?

boonegoon
August 31st, 2011, 07:13 PM
but, but....I thought Ap had so many fans clamoring to get into all their games........seriously though, you guys have good crowds but if playoffs and a little cold weather keep them away how dedicated are they really?

Dude, please. The biggest problem about playoff football is that the first round is ALWAYS on Thanksgiving weekend. The school have to make special arrangements for the dorms to stay open, food, etc. Plus, everyone wants to go home and eat mom's good cooking. It is a tough problem for schools.

asumike83
August 31st, 2011, 09:59 PM
Dude, please. The biggest problem about playoff football is that the first round is ALWAYS on Thanksgiving weekend. The school have to make special arrangements for the dorms to stay open, food, etc. Plus, everyone wants to go home and eat mom's good cooking. It is a tough problem for schools.

That, and you don't know if/where you are going to play until about 5-6 days before the game. Hard to plan for the out of town folks with families.

SoCon48
September 1st, 2011, 09:17 AM
All the schools have low gates for the play-offs. It is expensive and given a short notice it is difficult to attend. How would you like to make arrangements and take off from work four times in a span of one week at a time? Do you think UNC_C fans would do any better? Hell no!.

91Niner
September 1st, 2011, 09:27 AM
All the schools have low gates for the play-offs. It is expensive and given a short notice it is difficult to attend. How would you like to make arrangements and take off from work four times in a span of one week at a time? Do you think UNC_C fans would do any better? Hell no!.

I see you have a crystal ball as well, they must sell those in Boone......don't get your panties in such a wad...I'm just busting you guys chops a little. Especially AppHole, after he claims y'all always have 30 "something" thousand in the stands every week.

ElonPride
September 1st, 2011, 09:48 AM

I shouldn't add to the p$$ing match......But in all honestly.....73,000 Appy alums live in North Carolina with a good majority living within close proximity to the university. You're telling me these tens of thousands are too lazy to make a short drive to see a first round playoff game a couple days after Thanksgiving?

asumike83
September 1st, 2011, 09:53 AM
I shouldn't add to the p$$ing match......But in all honestly.....73,000 Appy alums live in North Carolina with a good majority living within close proximity to the university. You're telling me these tens of thousands are too lazy to make a short drive to see a first round playoff game a couple days after Thanksgiving?

I don't think it's laziness, it is the fact that many of those alumni are out of town for Thanksgiving. Those that aren't have about a week's notice to leave their family on Thanksgiving to see a football game that they can watch at home on ESPN.

Hell hath no fury like a woman left at home with the kids on Thanksgiving while her husband is drinking in a parking lot!

ElonPride
September 1st, 2011, 10:01 AM
Hell hath no fury like a woman left at home with the kids on Thanksgiving while her husband is drinking in a parking lot!

That is true.....oh so true! :)

Smitty
September 1st, 2011, 10:23 AM
My grandparents are really good at holding grudges. If I missed one for a football game I could be banished... lol

Apphole
September 1st, 2011, 10:27 AM
Students not being in school is a major factor in low attendance. I don't need a crystal ball to tell me that a trade school near Charlotte, that draws 6-7k for their main sport is ever going to surpass this http://www.playattherock.com/asu-game-day.php with their secondary sport.

49RFootballNow
September 1st, 2011, 11:48 AM
Students not being in school is a major factor in low attendance. I don't need a crystal ball to tell me that a trade school near Charlotte, that draws 6-7k for their main sport is ever going to surpass this http://www.playattherock.com/asu-game-day.php with their secondary sport.

That crystal ball Apphole likes to peer into is connected to the end of a glass pipe. He doesn't peer through the smoke to get visions of the future; they only come after he inhales the smoke.

superman7515
September 1st, 2011, 11:55 AM
That crystal ball Apphole likes to peer into is connected to the end of a glass pipe. He doesn't peer through the smoke to get visions of the future; they only come after he inhales the smoke.

And what the heck is wrong with that. As long as he doesn't fudge up the rotation, gotta kill the time somehow in a small town. You can't tell me you didn't have a night or two when you fired the ack-ack gun. Chased a dragon or two. Puffed a cheeba.

http://www.bizarrebytes.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/10/bob-sagat1.jpg

91Niner
September 1st, 2011, 12:00 PM

OK buddy.....we'll see. I can make a prediction of the future myself. We will have MUCH better attendance than you think. You are really selling our fanbase short. We already have what will amount to a "built-in" crowd of 12,000+ (between FSLs already sold and student seating, which will definitely be used up). Time will tell though, I'm sure you think I'm wrong and I think you're wrong.

Edit: BTW, why would you think football would be our "secondary" sport. I'm quite sure football will become our "primary" sport before too long. As you guys like to say "football drives the bus nowadays".

Appstate03
September 1st, 2011, 12:05 PM
I hate to burst your bubble but selling PSL's does not guarantee the seats will be filled. Check out a Panther's game later this season and you'll see proof.

91Niner
September 1st, 2011, 12:09 PM
I hate to burst your bubble but selling PSL's does not guarantee the seats will be filled. Check out a Panther's game later this season and you'll see proof.

99% of our FSL holders will be there. I'll guarantee you that.

asumike83
September 1st, 2011, 12:13 PM
OK buddy.....we'll see. I can make a prediction of the future myself. We will have MUCH better attendance than you think. You are really selling our fanbase short. We already have what will amount to a "built-in" crowd of 12,000+ (between FSLs already sold and student seating, which will definitely be used up). Time will tell though, I'm sure you think I'm wrong and I think you're wrong.

Edit: BTW, why would you think football would be our "secondary" sport. I'm quite sure football will become our "primary" sport before too long. As you guys like to say "football drives the bus nowadays".

I think the challenge for y'all will not be selling tickets and filling the stadium initially, it will be KEEPING it full. There is hype around the program and the UNCC alumni have wanted football for a long time, so the fans will show up initially. However, being a start-up program, it will be difficult to have a winning team if you plan to schedule decent competition. If the fans weather those first couple of rough seasons and the program's recruiting and on-field performance pick up, I see no reason you shouldn't be able to draw a good crowd. Like with any new endeavor, there is a lot of "if'" involved, so only time will tell how it plays out.

Appstate03
September 1st, 2011, 12:15 PM

Oh man you're delusional. Why would you believe that when Panther's PSL Owners spend hundreds per ticket and don't go? Unless you are only talking about the first game, then I will agree.

ASUMountaineer
September 1st, 2011, 12:31 PM

AGREEMENT!!!! xlolx

There is hope for the world.

91Niner
September 1st, 2011, 01:12 PM
I think the challenge for y'all will not be selling tickets and filling the stadium initially, it will be KEEPING it full. There is hype around the program and the UNCC alumni have wanted football for a long time, so the fans will show up initially. However, being a start-up program, it will be difficult to have a winning team if you plan to schedule decent competition. If the fans weather those first couple of rough seasons and the program's recruiting and on-field performance pick up, I see no reason you shouldn't be able to draw a good crowd. Like with any new endeavor, there is a lot of "if'" involved, so only time will tell how it plays out.

I agree. Good, reasonable post.

91Niner
September 1st, 2011, 01:12 PM
Oh man you're delusional. Why would you believe that when Panther's PSL Owners spend hundreds per ticket and don't go? Unless you are only talking about the first game, then I will agree.

I disagree. Not a reasonable post.:)

citdog
September 1st, 2011, 01:14 PM
app and uncc= two girls one cup

asumike83
September 1st, 2011, 01:25 PM
app and uncc= two girls one cup

The Citadel = the cup

dgtw
September 1st, 2011, 02:15 PM

Do you really think UNCC will become a football school? It is a school with no history in the sport and one with a strong basketball tradition. It is located in a basketball mad state in the heart of ACC country. And football will suddenly become the athletic department's flagship program? UAB started their football program 20 years ago and it still lags behind the basketball team in terms of support and public interest.

citdog
September 1st, 2011, 02:19 PM
The Citadel = the cup

nicely done. reppies to you.

Grizzaholic
September 1st, 2011, 02:20 PM

What is this??? A kinder, gentler Citdog?

asumike83
September 1st, 2011, 02:23 PM

Sometimes the pins are set up perfectly and you have no choice but to knock 'em down, even though I am tiring of the App/UNCC pissing match as much as you are.

citdog
September 1st, 2011, 02:24 PM
What is this??? A kinder, gentler Citdog?

I've converted to the one true church. Yes I am now a MORMON.

Grizzaholic
September 1st, 2011, 02:25 PM
I've converted to the one true church. Yes I am now a MORMON.

Congrats!!!

Don't forget to check your PM's on CS.

PaladinFan
September 1st, 2011, 03:32 PM
Sometimes the pins are set up perfectly and you have no choice but to knock 'em down, even though I am tiring of the App/UNCC pissing match as much as you are.

It's infinitely more tiring to those of us not from North Carolina.

Apphole
September 1st, 2011, 03:41 PM
UNCC sucks. Community Colleges have no place on the football field and the SoCon could care less about them, let alone **** themselves. Their fan:graduate ratio is laughable. They aren't in the city of Charlotte, they have no character or tradition at all, they're lazy good for nothing tricksters, AND THEY STINK!!

91Niner
September 1st, 2011, 03:54 PM
UNCC sucks. Community Colleges have no place on the football field and the SoCon could care less about them, let alone **** themselves. Their fan:graduate ratio is laughable. They aren't in the city of Charlotte, they have no character or tradition at all, they're lazy good for nothing tricksters, AND THEY STINK!!

Nice effort.....:) :) :)

gasoutherneagle
September 1st, 2011, 05:37 PM

Spoken like a true "NEVER-BEEN-THERE" fan. Good luck with that. xcrazyx

91Niner
September 1st, 2011, 05:50 PM
Spoken like a true "NEVER-BEEN-THERE" fan. Good luck with that. xcrazyx

Oh really? Has your school ever sold seat licenses for $1,000 - $2,500 each, plus the price of season tickets?

ElonFirefighter
September 1st, 2011, 06:11 PM
Panthers sell PSLs too doesnt mean the value of the team is better. i bet after a few years a lot of fsl's are dumped

gasoutherneagle
September 1st, 2011, 06:44 PM
Oh really? Has your school ever sold seat licenses for $1,000 - $2,500 each, plus the price of season tickets?

Don't need to. We've got no problem with attendance at the "premium" seat level. No need to force feed a guarantee of "arses in seats" policy down big money alumni throats. We do sell'em $1000 a seat last I checked, with a minimum of 10 for a box (that's annual + Eagle Fund contribution).

49RFootballNow
September 1st, 2011, 07:11 PM
Don't need to. We've got no problem with attendance at the "premium" seat level. No need to force feed a guarantee of "arses in seats" policy down big money alumni throats. We do sell'em $1000 a seat last I checked, with a minimum of 10 for a box (that's annual + Eagle Fund contribution).

$1000 is the base price, not premium. That's aluminum bench seating between the 30 yard lines and endzones.

gasoutherneagle
September 1st, 2011, 07:36 PM
Which begs the question: WHY would you need to give away future profit for the school's athletic fund (provided there is success with the football program), by giving out permanent seats? I'm smelling a hidden issue that isn't being revealed by all the chest thumping. If I really gave a sh-- I'd dig a little deeper on this... but, it's late, I'm tired and I REALLY don't care (just passing time as I listen to GT stomp WCU). Have MORE fun trying to fill those seats... PS- Alumni enthusiasm can wain with repeated losing seasons and that $1000 can be shrugged off quickly... oh, shiver.

49RFootballNow
September 1st, 2011, 08:08 PM
Which begs the question: WHY would you need to give away future profit for the school's athletic fund (provided there is success with the football program), by giving out permanent seats? I'm smelling a hidden issue that isn't being revealed by all the chest thumping. If I really gave a sh-- I'd dig a little deeper on this... but, it's late, I'm tired and I REALLY don't care (just passing time as I listen to GT stomp WCU). Have MORE fun trying to fill those seats... PS- Alumni enthusiasm can wain with repeated losing seasons and that $1000 can be shrugged off quickly... oh, shiver.

You must be rich if you'd walk away from a $2000+ (few would buy just 1 seat) for a losing season or two. I think the folks like me who bought FSLs aren't that fickle. There's no hidden issue over FSLs. Our dumb-*** Chancellor wanted to try to kill the football effort and had it blow up in his face. He listened to some of the folks who helped the Panthers with their PSLs back in the early 90's and took their advice over what his own athletics department was telling him. Most of the folks in our AD wanted to do something in the $500 range donation for priority season ticket seating. Depending on the number of FSLs purchased or the level of FSL held there are annual minimum donations to the athletic fund required.

dgtw
September 1st, 2011, 08:25 PM
If you buy a PSL and then don't renew your season tickets one year, what happens? Do you lose your spot?

49RFootballNow
September 1st, 2011, 08:29 PM
If you buy a PSL and then don't renew your season tickets one year, what happens? Do you lose your spot?

You must renew your season tickets annually and meet the minimum annual donation level for the level/seat numbers to keep your FSLs.

seantaylor
September 2nd, 2011, 12:28 AM
PSL's are death at this level, and really death in college football below the elite elite schools. Even the NFL are having major problems with season tickets due to PSL's.

asumike83
September 2nd, 2011, 08:01 AM
PSL's are death at this level, and really death in college football below the elite elite schools. Even the NFL are having major problems with season tickets due to PSL's.

Do any of the real big schools (Texas, Ohio State, Alabama, etc.) do PSL's?

dgtw
September 2nd, 2011, 08:31 AM
Alabama has a program called Tide Pride. Not really sure how it works, but basically you have to give a bunch of money up front to be able to buy tickets. There is some sort of point system based on how much you give and how long you've been a member that determines where you can sit and where you can park.

Still confused as how ticket brokers get all those tickets when you have to fork over a bunch of cash just to buy tickets.

Purple Knight
September 2nd, 2011, 12:01 PM
Think it would be great.

ASUMountaineer
September 2nd, 2011, 12:58 PM
Alabama has a program called Tide Pride. Not really sure how it works, but basically you have to give a bunch of money up front to be able to buy tickets. There is some sort of point system based on how much you give and how long you've been a member that determines where you can sit and where you can park.

Still confused as how ticket brokers get all those tickets when you have to fork over a bunch of cash just to buy tickets.

ASU does this. I have to donate at least $250 each year to the Yosef Club to buy my season seats (around the 25 yard line). As you get closer to mid-field the minimum becomes $500 (all bleachers). This is true on both the East and West stands. In addition we have "Gold Level" seating (individual gold chairs with backs) up high at mid-field which requires a higher donation. Then, of course, we have the club level seats and the suites. ASU also has a point system that factors in amount donated, cummulative amount donated, and years of donations. This system and yearly donation amount determine your parking spot.

I believe this system has been in place for 3-4 years...I've had my same seats for 6 years and they didn't always require a donation.

Saint3333
September 2nd, 2011, 01:09 PM
ASU's priority point system:

http://www.goasu.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=21500&ATCLID=1524385

Points determine season ticket seating, parking priority, away game tickets, and big game tickets (FBS and championship games).

gasoutherneagle
September 2nd, 2011, 06:14 PM
xrulesxI'd love to revisit this PSL in a couple of years. I gotta feeling it won't be there anymore.xrulesx

SoCon48
September 2nd, 2011, 08:14 PM
$1000 is the base price, not premium. That's aluminum bench seating between the 30 yard lines and endzones.

Is that drawing the one of the first stage of the building project or is it the future proposed look?

49RFootballNow
September 2nd, 2011, 08:25 PM
Is that drawing the one of the first stage of the building project or is it the future proposed look?

The picture in my signature is the 15,000 seat stadium.

http://www.charlotte49erfootball.com/images/stadium/stadium01.jpg

http://www.charlotte49erfootball.com/images/stadium/stadium02.jpg

http://www.charlotte49erfootball.com/images/stadium/stadium03.jpg

91Niner
September 2nd, 2011, 09:07 PM

The stadium will look exactly like that for kickoff less than 2 years from now.....maybe with some temporary seating on the concourse.xsmiley_wix

Apphole
September 2nd, 2011, 09:58 PM
The stadium will look exactly like that for kickoff less than 2 years from now.....maybe with some temporary seating on the concourse.xsmiley_wix

I predict 14k for your first game and <8k for the rest

49RFootballNow
September 3rd, 2011, 06:06 PM

I see you've been seeing the "future" again through that "crystal ball" of yours.

http://www.hempembassy.net/hempe/images/bong.jpg

91Niner
September 3rd, 2011, 07:28 PM

I predict 17,000 for first game and 15,000+ for the rest.

Death Dealer
September 4th, 2011, 03:14 PM
UNCC? I grew up near Charlotte. UNCC was the place you went if you couldn't get into college. Actually, that was York Tech. UNCC was where you went if you couldn't get into York Tech.

Of course, that has nothing to do with football or athletics, so is irrelevant to this thread.

But, no, I would not crap myself if UNCC was brought into the SOCON. SMFH might be a more apt response.

49RFootballNow
September 4th, 2011, 05:39 PM
UNCC? I grew up near Charlotte. UNCC was the place you went if you couldn't get into college. Actually, that was York Tech. UNCC was where you went if you couldn't get into York Tech.

So you're in your 80s and senile. Good to know.

Apphole
September 4th, 2011, 06:53 PM
So you're in your 80s and senile. Good to know.

If he grew up in the 80's he can't be that old. But anyway, the place hasn't changed much.

49RFootballNow
September 4th, 2011, 07:35 PM
If he grew up in the 80's he can't be that old. But anyway, the place hasn't changed much.

http://www.funnymotivationalposters.info/wp-content/uploads/2010/05/Mission-Failed.jpg

You should just get back to work. Those rocks won't smoke themselves.

http://pushedbuttonsburning-in.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/02/Goldin-Rene-R.-Smoking-Crack-NYC-1990.jpg

App-a-latch-un
September 4th, 2011, 07:42 PM
You hear much more about CPCC in Charlotte than you do of UNCC. If your students wanted football so badly they would have gone to a school with football. It's not like UNCC has very many fans, how many 9'ers actually post on here? 3 or 4? So you got a handful of envious homers with no team. Just ignore then until they have a football team and maybe they'll shut up, that's a long time between now and then to not be acknowledged.

Death Dealer
September 4th, 2011, 11:13 PM
I am loving this guy. He is either a student at or recent alum of one of the top five most craptastic universities in the SE, but you gotta love his moxie. And let me assure you, if any rocks need moving around here his uncc degree would barely qualify him for the job. I mean, seriously, what a waste of perfectly good money. You couldn't even wipe a decent crap with the paper a degree from this clown academy is printed on. Freaking UNCC in the SOCON? I certainly hope not.

49RFootballNow
September 4th, 2011, 11:27 PM
I am loving this guy. He is either a student at or recent alum of one of the top five most craptastic universities in the SE, but you gotta love his moxie. And let me assure you, if any rocks need moving around here his uncc degree would barely qualify him for the job. I mean, seriously, what a waste of perfectly good money. You couldn't even wipe a decent crap with the paper a degree from this clown academy is printed on. Freaking UNCC in the SOCON? I certainly hope not.

Spoken like someone who would be lucky to have a GED. Don't worry about the value of my UNC Charlotte degree. It affords me a comfortable lifestyle where I get to meet new douchebags here on AGS everyday.

WUTNDITWAA
September 5th, 2011, 07:53 AM

Empty? You need to have more faith in your program. :p

dgtw
September 5th, 2011, 10:18 AM
Five SEC schools require a donation to buy season tickets: Georgia, Alabama, Tennessee, South Carolina and Florida. That's down from eight in 2008

A bit off topic, but there was an article in the Birmingham paper about SEC tickets and how much they cost. It also said Tennessee has reduced prices and PSL fees the last few years due to decling demand after a few bad seasons.

http://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2011/09/sec_football_ticket_prices_sti.html

HXC Niner
September 5th, 2011, 11:57 AM

Yep, everything is just how it was.

http://facilities.uncc.edu/FileManager/images/Planning/small02web.jpg

http://pics4.city-data.com/cpicv/vfiles31224.jpg

http://matthew-smith.com/ieee/images/uncc_woodard_hall.jpg

http://unccharlottealumni.org/s/1017/images/editor/Union-Rotunda-July09.jpg

http://media.helenadamsrealty.com/pics/community/599/1116/

http://www.facilitiesonline.com/editorschoiceimg/Halton_EC.jpg

look, fans... take note

http://www.cheercharlotte.com/images/UNCC/basketball2.jpg

and our new uptown building

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y11/JayJr8808/uncccc3.jpg

But hey, if thinking we are small time is what helps you sleep at night...Nothing to see here right? Move along, move along.

App-a-latch-un
September 5th, 2011, 01:53 PM
whoaaaa twelve whole trees, that place is beautiful

49RFootballNow
September 5th, 2011, 02:30 PM

http://www.tundrasolutions.com/gallery/files/1/0/9/0/7/3/_604956.jpg

Yes, twelve trees.

http://virtualtour.uncc.edu/#/?map=UMAP_2011021602395&x=-0.3799082777440873&y=-0.13499335989375827&z=100

GA St. MBB Fan
September 5th, 2011, 02:32 PM
Trees? Are we talking about trees?

49RFootballNow
September 5th, 2011, 03:41 PM
Trees? Are we talking about trees?

You didn't know that Universities are judged on how many trees they have? Where you been?

AppChicago
September 5th, 2011, 04:06 PM
Trees. No trees. Great school. Crap school.

None of it amounts to a hill of beans in the discussion of who has the better ball team.

If you haven't played a game yet, you should probably do that a few times before you start crowing, no?

49RFootballNow
September 5th, 2011, 04:25 PM

None of it amounts to a hill of beans in the discussion of who has the better ball team.

If you haven't played a game yet, you should probably do that a few times before you start crowing, no?

Who's crowing about playing football yet? Neither of our schools need to crow about football just yet. You might get to crow after THIS Saturday though.

App-a-latch-un
September 5th, 2011, 05:28 PM
http://www.tundrasolutions.com/gallery/files/1/0/9/0/7/3/_604956.jpg

Yes, twelve trees.

http://virtualtour.uncc.edu/#/?map=UMAP_2011021602395&x=-0.3799082777440873&y=-0.13499335989375827&z=100

That's an animated picture that depicts the perimeter of your campus as concrete and smog.

91Niner
September 5th, 2011, 05:57 PM
That's an animated picture that depicts the perimeter of your campus as concrete and smog.

Uh, have you been to Boone........Possibly the ugliest "mountain town" I've ever seen.

Skjellyfetti
September 5th, 2011, 06:47 PM
Uh, have you been to Boone........Possibly the ugliest "mountain town" I've ever seen.

Yah, seriously. I wish you'd tell all the tourists that come here for the scenery that it's ugly.

http://blueridgeblog.blogs.com/blue_ridge_blog/images/2007/10/08/boone_nc_blog2.jpg

WHAT A ****HOLE!!!

HXC Niner
September 5th, 2011, 07:02 PM

Actually, if you read the post, I was responding to him saying the school has been the same since the 80's. Those are just a few of our recent additions.

AppChicago
September 5th, 2011, 07:03 PM

Now you're just being silly.

49RFootballNow
September 5th, 2011, 07:25 PM
16051 16052

I think you're smart enough to know that that area you call "smog" is greyed out on purpose because its not part of campus property, but you went to App so I could be wrong about your intelligence level. Concrete can usually be found near places where human beings like to make their homes. xrolleyesx

Both images above are taken from 16,000 feet. Looks like both campuses have lots of greenery. Perhaps we can get back to football smack now? xpeacex

91Niner
September 6th, 2011, 06:15 AM
Now you're just being silly.

No, they come for the "mountains" not for the "town of Boone". Surely you know this.

SoCon48
September 6th, 2011, 07:59 AM

<snicker>