PDA

View Full Version : Baliff's Big Raise

TexasTerror
April 4th, 2006, 08:22 AM
A salary of $160,000 puts him almost twice, if not surely two times higher than some coaches salaries in the SLC. That's an impressive salary for an SLC coach and will make things very competitive as far as SLC coaching salaries go. I'm not sure many, if any universities can respond to that if their head coaches have success. The bar has definitely been set high...

Bailiff gets raise from Texas State
Web Posted: 04/04/2006 12:00 AM CDT

San Antonio Express-News

Texas State has granted football coach David Bailiff a five-year contract extension worth $160,000 per year, athletic director Larry Teis said.

The contract calls for Bailiff to receive $130,000 in base pay and another $30,000 in outside income per year. If he stays another nine months, the coach will start collecting on an annuity that could be worth up to $100,000, Teis said.

"I'm really happy they've shown the confidence in what we're doing as a staff," said Bailiff, who led the Bobcats to a berth in the NCAA Division I-AA semifinals last season. "This is a positive step for the program."

http://www.mysanantonio.com/sports/stories/MYSA040406.6D.bailiff.d23c890.html

bobcatalum05
April 4th, 2006, 08:39 AM
Not to mention the $100,000 bonus he gets if he stays all five years.

TexasTerror
April 4th, 2006, 08:42 AM
Keep in mind that none of this is official until the Board of Regents meeting in May. It's pretty much a sure thing, but the Board of Regents for the Texas State University System has to give the their 'blessing' first...

bobcatalum05
April 4th, 2006, 08:49 AM
Hey if you ask me its money well spent. He is the head coach of the biggest University in the Texas State University system. I think he deserves more.

TexasTerror
April 4th, 2006, 09:17 AM
Hey if you ask me its money well spent. He is the head coach of the biggest University in the Texas State University system. I think he deserves more.

Deserves more? After just two seasons? He had one pretty good year, one mediocre year. Yes, he's turned around academics in the football program ten-fold, but he needs to stick around some and do more good as in more SLC titles and I-AA playoff runs...

$160,000 is by far and large the top salary in the SLC by atleast $40,000 and definitely twice, if not almost twice as much as SHSU's Whitten and Nicholls' Thomas. I believe McNeese's Tommy Tate is the closest followed by Northwestern St's Stoker behind Bailiff...

TheRiver
April 4th, 2006, 09:19 AM
Look like an arms race in the SLC could be on the horizon.

exbearkat
April 4th, 2006, 09:49 AM
Deserves more? After just two seasons? He had one pretty good year, one mediocre year. Yes, he's turned around academics in the football program ten-fold, but he needs to stick around some and do more good as in more SLC titles and I-AA playoff runs...

$160,000 is by far and large the top salary in the SLC by atleast $40,000 and definitely twice, if not almost twice as much as SHSU's Whitten and Nicholls' Thomas. I believe McNeese's Tommy Tate is the closest followed by Northwestern St's Stoker behind Bailiff...
Considering all the competition TW was up against for the SH job, surely he makes at least 100k per year(?).

ButlerGSU
April 4th, 2006, 09:57 AM
Let's hope he finds a new star QB or the fans may not love him as much as they do now.

Freightliner
April 4th, 2006, 10:39 AM
Let's hope he finds a new star QB or the fans may not love him as much as they do now.

True...this will be an "interesting" year for the Bobcats IMO.

TexasTerror
April 4th, 2006, 10:40 AM
Considering all the competition TW was up against for the SH job, surely he makes at least 100k per year(?).

Whitten may make atleast 100k per year, but even Randleman upon his retiring as the head coach was not making 100k per year according to the budget books which are available at the library and various other locales on campus...

I'm assuming that Whitten is making less considering his jump from Div II and the fact Randleman was a long-time football coach...could be wrong...

darussian12
April 4th, 2006, 12:10 PM
im just glad its done and now we can worry about the coming season...we have all bitched about this on our boards for it dragging on long enough and the different public statements by the different people involved so im just happy its a done deal and i assume he got what he wanted since hes signed for 5 years.

TXST_CAT
April 5th, 2006, 11:43 PM
This contract puts Bailiff at 160k per year and at 260K in his fifth year.:hurray: :nod: :nod: :nod: :nod: :nod: :nod::hurray:
I wonder if there is an added incentive should he take the cats to the playoffs again. If he continues to do well the money will continue to pour in and another contract will prob be negotiated.
:bow: :bow: :bow: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray:
I'm sure there is more to this contract seeing as how Bailiff was reported to be pulling for his assistants to recieve salary increases as well.Things are looking good.:smiley_wi