PDA

View Full Version : Southland TV Announces New Broadcast Team

TexasTerror
August 28th, 2011, 04:02 PM
Definitely a nice move as far as talent is concerned... essentially went to a Fox Sports Net broadcast team now.

FRISCO, Texas - The Southland Conference Television Network has announced its primary football broadcast crew for its 2011 schedule of telecasts that begins Thursday night with the Western Illinois at Sam Houston State game.

Randy McIlvoy, sports director at KPRC-TV in Houston, will handle football play-by-play duties this fall, and will be joined in the booth by color analyst Shea Walker, a former Texas A&M standout and veteran broadcaster for the last 17 years. Jane Slater, a reporter for WFAA-TV in Dallas, will serve as the network's sideline reporter.

"We are excited to have Randy, Shea and Jane join the Southland Network in 2011," league commissioner Tom Burnett said. "Each will add great expertise and insight to the broadcasts, all have roots in the Southland Conference region, and I believe our viewers will appreciate their work throughout the season ahead."

http://www.southland.org/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=18400&ATCLID=205251610

crossfire07
August 28th, 2011, 04:42 PM
Good to see they are getting someone with experiance on the mike.

TexasTerror
August 28th, 2011, 06:08 PM
Good to see they are getting someone with experiance on the mike.

Wonder what the plans are for hoops...

I would like to see Lyn Rollins get involved, but he has so many other commitments. Fantastic guy!

crossfire07
August 28th, 2011, 08:48 PM
They will have a good looking woman on the sidelines too! She might be a traffic reporter in her day job but who knows, this may springboard her into something else.

Sly Fox
August 29th, 2011, 08:49 AM
I'm sure Randy will show Sam some love. I'm surprised KPRC management is working with him. They're not known for forward thinking.

crossfire07
August 29th, 2011, 10:00 AM
If that is the case, we just revert back to the old way, turn the tv down and turn the radio up.